PDA

View Full Version : Best Pats' Player (All-Time)

nivek_wahs
06-25-2005, 05:38 AM
I thought I would start a discussion about the Best Pats' Player in their (WHL) History...

There have been a lot of good WHLers to wear the red, white & blue, I was just curious what other people thought.

Names that come immediately to my mind are: Dale Derkatch, Dennis Sobchuk, Mike Sillinger, Clark Gillies, Greg Joly, Ed Staniowski, etc.

Kevin

nivek_wahs
06-25-2005, 12:26 PM
If that's the case why not Kyle Freadrich or David Kaczowka then, eh?

Fight Guy
06-25-2005, 02:22 PM
Those are the top 3!

1. Kaczowka
2. Dobbyn
3. Freadrich

But Jock Callander and Wickenhieser i thinking were some of the best.

Number_4
06-26-2005, 01:45 PM
Are we talking about the best Pats player or the player that had the best career with and after the Pats? Because some Pats have excelled in the dub, and havent done alot after... either made it to the NHL and fizzed, or had injuries, etc. Another thing I have to factor in is imput in the national teams. The Pats have recently had some major contributions to the world stage. From 1998- 2002, they had one player a year playing for the world jr's. And there are a few players playing in the AHL that have yet to prove their worth in the NHL so its hard to say who's done the most in their career yet.

All time tho, I would have to say Clark Gillies, and Ed Staniowski have done plently. More recently, Brad Stuart has had a pretty successful run in the NHL. Mike Sillinger has travelled a bit, playing all over, but has always rose to the occasion when called upon.

I'm going to think on this some more, check a few more facts out, before I make a final list.

Triton
06-28-2005, 02:20 AM
A few come to mind during my days.Josh Harding,Garth Murray,Matt Hubbauer,Brad Stuart,Kyle Calder,and many more.

coach kleats
06-28-2005, 08:20 AM
What about Jeff Friesen? Probably not the best ever but had a pretty succesfull 2 1/2 years with the pats and some success in the NHL (Stanley Cup) and internationaly (2 world juniors and 4 or 5 world championships.)

nivek_wahs
06-29-2005, 04:24 AM
I was meaning more along the lines of the best Pats' in the Dub. There have definitely been a lot of players do good for the Pats and not make it to the show.

Some more that come to mind are Craig Endean, Josh Holden, Tim Iannone, Dave Michayluk, Taylor Hall, etc.

Guys like Jason Smith, Jeff Shantz, Kevin Haller had good careers with the Pats and made the show and stuck around for their fair share of games.

One day I will post my Pats' All-Time Team (a full roster).

Kevin