PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Brandon Herrod

Sttop
12-31-2011, 11:29 AM
The Raiders have traded one of the best players that the franchise has had. Sending Brandon Herrod to the Blazers for Logan McVeigh and a 2nd round pick .

chalk_one_up
12-31-2011, 11:35 AM
Kamloops just got one of the most underrated players in the league.

Good luck Brandon.

booboo
12-31-2011, 11:36 AM
Looks like a great trade for the Raiders----Campese seems to have learned how to make good deals---I think his last 2 were great for the organization.

Sttop
12-31-2011, 11:47 AM
Kamloops just got one of the most underrated players in the league.

Good luck Brandon.

Hes not underrated if the Raiders are getting that return for him. This is a deal that Bruno simply could not afford not to do. This just made the Raiders alot better in the future

mjw22
12-31-2011, 12:00 PM
Hes not underrated if the Raiders are getting that return for him. This is a deal that Bruno simply could not afford not to do. This just made the Raiders alot better in the future

a pretty good return for a 20 yr old . Looks like Bruno's picking up some pieces to build around Winther & McNeill . Maylan could be next . A few wins and a couple good trades and Bruno is back in the good books . :D

shop2
12-31-2011, 12:32 PM
Herod was a class act in PA. One of the best game in game out players PA EVER had. Kamloops will love him. All the best in continuing your success. Sorry to see him leave after watching him with Mintos right through his 20 yr. season..Best of luck Brandon..Its been a tough week on meadow lake players

shop2
12-31-2011, 12:33 PM
Oh and now who will he pick as the third 20yr old

Dwight Schrute
12-31-2011, 02:12 PM
very fair deal and all the best to brandon in the future. hopefully mcveigh can produce a bit more. next up ........ what to do next.

Sttop
12-31-2011, 02:37 PM
Produce more ? Theres been no winning with you. No doubt your not a Bruno fan but call a spade a spade. half a season of Herrod vs McVeigh for 3 more years plus a 2nd round pick plus a free replacememnt 20

puckdad
12-31-2011, 03:20 PM
Brandon Herrod has been THE hardest-working Raider game in-game out for his whole tenure here. Tough shoes to fill on & off the ice. I'm sure the team will miss his leadership and tireless work ethic. He certainly deserves to finish out his WHL career with a deep playoff run even though its a tough pill to swallow being traded from the only WHL team he's ever played for. Really enjoyed watching him play both as a Raider & a Minto. Hands down my favorite Raider since David Van Drunen.

Raider Believer
12-31-2011, 04:18 PM
Produce more ? Theres been no winning with you. No doubt your not a Bruno fan but call a spade a spade. half a season of Herrod vs McVeigh for 3 more years plus a 2nd round pick plus a free replacememnt 20

Forgive me for coming out of retirement (at least for the crazy trading season).
I must be honest .... I really like the last couple of trades that Bruno has pulled off. He was a terrible, terrible coach but seems to have found his stride with just handling GM duties. I'm impressed! The Raiders are shaping up to be a young and exciting team. Yes, at last. :p

puckdad
12-31-2011, 04:56 PM
I think having some distance between himself (Bruno) and the players have allowed him to trade players based on cold calculation rather than emotion. Brandon Herrod has been here as long as Bruno has and you can't help but feel an attachment to a player like that, especially if you're on the ice and in the dressing room with him every day. I bet it was hard on both of them. If this was last year, and he was still behind the bench, he probably would not have pulled the trigger on this deal.

booboo
12-31-2011, 05:47 PM
I think having some distance between himself (Bruno) and the players have allowed him to trade players based on cold calculation rather than emotion. Brandon Herrod has been here as long as Bruno has and you can't help but feel an attachment to a player like that, especially if you're on the ice and in the dressing room with him every day. I bet it was hard on both of them. If this was last year, and he was still behind the bench, he probably would not have pulled the trigger on this deal.

please you're making me cry on my lab top keys---not good for them

Dwight Schrute
12-31-2011, 06:17 PM
easy bud lol
i meant more then the 16 points in 34 games he has this year . he definatly has the skill, and played aaa with lots of grit too. i said i thought it was a really fair deal. herrod came with a large price tag and kamloops payed it. i have said also i liked the last deal.

Sttop
12-31-2011, 06:22 PM
Lol , he was also from what I understand a 3rd liner and good on the pk. It will be interesting to see if they are done trading now

Dwight Schrute
12-31-2011, 06:28 PM
Lol , he was also from what I understand a 3rd liner and good on the pk. It will be interesting to see if they are done trading now

ive been racking my brain trying to think of a player to describe him like

The Wheatiemaniac
12-31-2011, 06:53 PM
Looks like a great trade for the Raiders----Campese seems to have learned how to make good deals---I think his last 2 were great for the organization.

Is Justin Maylin on the block too?

mjw22
12-31-2011, 07:05 PM

HMMM let's see they traded Herrod for a pretty good return and it pretty much sends the signal it's selling time . So why would Maylan not be available ? If Campese gets a decent offer he would be gone .:confused: :confused:

The Wheatiemaniac
12-31-2011, 08:11 PM
HMMM let's see they traded Herrod for a pretty good return and it pretty much sends the signal it's selling time . So why would Maylan not be available ? If Campese gets a decent offer he would be gone .:confused: :confused:

So, how long have you lived in your mom's basement? You must be so lonely if you keep needing me to keep you company.:D

lordstanley
12-31-2011, 08:31 PM
So, how long have you lived in your mom's basement? You must be so lonely if you keep needing me to keep you company.:D

Mom's basement jokes are so 2005

patsdude114
12-31-2011, 08:42 PM

u always state the obvious lmao i would say there is at least a 90% chance Maylan will be traded as well but maybe ur too blind to notice that lol

u sure dont have many ppl liking u on this forum with ur retarded & pointless posts lol

mjw22
12-31-2011, 08:45 PM

Lol thanks LS the guy hasn't been on here since like sept 2010 . Now he's the Pierre McGuire of the board and about as annoying . :D:D:D Poster mania :groovy:

The Wheatiemaniac
12-31-2011, 08:48 PM

is a guy from Moose Jaw who has had nothing intellegent to say. My original question had nothing to do with him. But mjw22, and patsdude are ridiculing anyone who's team can wipe them out without breaking a sweat after the trade deadline.

I was asking about Justin Maylin. We need scoring depth, as does everyone going into the playoff stretch run. We especially need a scoring center.

mjw22
12-31-2011, 09:06 PM
is a guy from Moose Jaw who has had nothing intellegent to say. My original question had nothing to do with him. But mjw22, and patsdude are ridiculing anyone who's team can wipe them out without breaking a sweat after the trade deadline.

I was asking about Justin Maylin. We need scoring depth, as does everyone going into the playoff stretch run. We especially need a scoring center.

not every one just you :D I just thought after the Herrod deal it was obvious Maylan would go if an offer was made . I don't worry to much about WK :) Edm KTN MH ya WK not so much .

XCHEKR
01-01-2012, 02:35 AM
not every one just you :D I just thought after the Herrod deal it was obvious Maylan would go if an offer was made . I don't worry to much about WK :) Edm KTN MH ya WK not so much .

Nice to see some of you have not much to do but bicker back and forth on the RAIDER BOARD!!!! Brandon Herrod, THANKYOU for all you have done! There absolutely is no one to compare you to in my books .... all around great gentleman and leader! The best of luck to you and may your new team appreciate you as your old team and fans in Prince Albert did!!! THANKS AGAIN!!!

The Wheatiemaniac
01-01-2012, 11:07 AM
Nice to see some of you have not much to do but bicker back and forth on the RAIDER BOARD!!!! Brandon Herrod, THANKYOU for all you have done! There absolutely is no one to compare you to in my books .... all around great gentleman and leader! The best of luck to you and may your new team appreciate you as your old team and fans in Prince Albert did!!! THANKS AGAIN!!!

Herrod is a talent, for sure. My question was for Raiders fans. Do you think Maylin might be dealt next, or is there a chance PA might add a piece or two at the deadline and still try to make a run? In junior hockey, it is almost never too late. Look where we were last year at the deadline, and we finished in the 6th seed in the playoffs. But we are definitely in the market for a scoring center. Are you buyers or sellers?

Wapitikev
01-01-2012, 07:15 PM
I felt gut-kicked when I read the press-release.

Brandon Herrod was the best 200ft, 60 minute player that the Raiders had this, and past seasons.

If he had to leave, it's good to see him going to a weaker conference where he can be even more dominant.

You will be missed, Brandon.

All the best in your future.

Wapitikev
01-01-2012, 07:21 PM
Herrod is a talent, for sure. My question was for Raiders fans. Do you think Maylin might be dealt next, or is there a chance PA might add a piece or two at the deadline and still try to make a run? In junior hockey, it is almost never too late. Look where we were last year at the deadline, and we finished in the 6th seed in the playoffs. But we are definitely in the market for a scoring center. Are you buyers or sellers?

Anyone over 18 is for sale (as this trade proves).

But are you willing to pay the price?

The last two trades, Bruno sold VERY high.

-Wapitikev

The Wheatiemaniac
01-01-2012, 09:19 PM
Anyone over 18 is for sale (as this trade proves).

But are you willing to pay the price?

The last two trades, Bruno sold VERY high.

-Wapitikev

When does Mark McNeill turn 19? I know I'm probably dreaming.

Wildeyes
01-01-2012, 10:20 PM
Wow wheatie in love with Mcneill much lol you are dreaming lol

Sttop
01-01-2012, 10:40 PM
I would be happy with Mcneill going to the Wheaties just because of the great depth of 16 and 17 year old players Kelly has stockpiled. Maybe even a goalie that we need so badly in the system

The Wheatiemaniac
01-01-2012, 10:47 PM
Wow wheatie in love with Mcneill much lol you are dreaming lol

He will probably be on the market. He's 18, so I realize it would take a mondo sized package to pry him out of PA.

Wapitikev
01-02-2012, 10:15 AM
When does Mark McNeill turn 19? I know I'm probably dreaming.

Not until after the trade deadline.

You, yourself said "mondo package"...why would the Wheat Kings mortgage a huge part of their future to get him?

-Wapitikev

the voice
01-02-2012, 10:51 AM
I can't figure out why anyone thinks a team like PA needs to move an 18 year old leader. McNeil will stay put this year because the young team needs a leader not only to challenge for a playoff spot, but to bring along the young squad and help stay competetive. If the younger players keep developing this year, then the team is better next year with McNeil. If the team doesn't progress next season by this time, then McNeil gets you some return as a 19 year old. If the team does well right off the hop next year, we already have a go to guy. It'll be very tough for Mark to make the Hawks next year. It's a bit of a gamble to hold onto him hoping he's back, but he helps us be a contender if he is. I would suspect that any other moves this year will include younger d men coming in, our other 20 year olds, or players who will be overagers next year. Other than that, we keep aiming at one win at a time with what we have. They've been doing quite well as a whole lately. Very entertaining.

Wapitikev
01-02-2012, 12:23 PM
I can't figure out why anyone thinks a team like PA needs to move an 18 year old leader. McNeil will stay put this year because the young team needs a leader not only to challenge for a playoff spot, but to bring along the young squad and help stay competetive. If the younger players keep developing this year, then the team is better next year with McNeil. If the team doesn't progress next season by this time, then McNeil gets you some return as a 19 year old. If the team does well right off the hop next year, we already have a go to guy. It'll be very tough for Mark to make the Hawks next year. It's a bit of a gamble to hold onto him hoping he's back, but he helps us be a contender if he is. I would suspect that any other moves this year will include younger d men coming in, our other 20 year olds, or players who will be overagers next year. Other than that, we keep aiming at one win at a time with what we have. They've been doing quite well as a whole lately. Very entertaining.

Amen.

Winning % is .773 for Dec. Tough stretch coming up, though. I'd be happy with anything over .500 until the trade deadline, next week.

...and back to the topic of this thread...

Herrod scored a PP goal for Kamloops and had a fighting major (160 minutes in penalties handed out in that affair, if you include the 10 minute misconducts).

Way to go, Brandon.

-Wapitkev

lordstanley
01-02-2012, 12:58 PM
The BlackHawks have just signed Mark McNeil to a 3 year entry level contract

the voice
01-02-2012, 01:24 PM
Great for him if true...I'm behind on the news I guess. He still has to stick NHL or go back to junior correct? I'm sure Bruno will talk to Chicago if he signed to see plans for next year and what is best for the Raiders and Mark for this season. That may come into play on what makes more sense for all involved. Hopefully it wouldn't be meddling by Chicago's part to force the hand to move Mark this year. Interesting timing on Chicago's part. Still think my earlier scenario is best for Raiders. We'll see.

Dwight Schrute
01-02-2012, 03:26 PM
with the depth chicago has it would serve mcneill best to be in junior again. also keep in mind if the raiders did deal him. that is a lot of nhl development money not coming in once he leaves....... which is a big factor on a cash strapped team

Wapitikev
01-02-2012, 05:14 PM
Great for him if true...I'm behind on the news I guess. He still has to stick NHL or go back to junior correct? I'm sure Bruno will talk to Chicago if he signed to see plans for next year and what is best for the Raiders and Mark for this season. That may come into play on what makes more sense for all involved. Hopefully it wouldn't be meddling by Chicago's part to force the hand to move Mark this year. Interesting timing on Chicago's part. Still think my earlier scenario is best for Raiders. We'll see.

The Hawk's NHL site reported it (http://blackhawks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=609394) at about noon...McNeil and Danault both got a 3-year deal.

In the short term it probably signifies nothing, except now the Hawks can call them up for a few games if they want.

-Wapitikev

AAAScout
01-02-2012, 05:56 PM
yes, that is a good trade for the organization and a great opportunity for brandon to get a shot at the playoffs and do some good things for Kamloops. Absolutely great kid and hard working very professional player, he was a pleasure to have in prince albert. Best of luck to him!!

Wapitikev
01-18-2012, 05:48 PM
Brandon has settled in well in the 'Loops.

8 points in 6 games and +5.

Way to go, Brandon!

-Wapitikev