PDA

View Full Version : Preston tossed

LethHnds
12-31-2011, 02:11 PM
So Preston gets tossed in a 2-1 game with 5 minutes left to give a 5 on 3 which results in the winning goal....? How must the players feel to work so hard only to see their coach throw away the game.....what an embarrassment.....Canes had played a great game...they only had 5 D and limited Med Hat to 28 shots even though they were on the PK 9 times....Canes have a lot of heart and character can't be said the same for their leadership.

grainbear
01-01-2012, 04:21 PM
Yes, the one area we lead the WHL is penalties. This continues to be a sore spot with me. Once again this team is lacking not in skill but in discipline, this must come from the top down. This latest event is not the first time that the bench not knowing when to shut up has cost us. Yes the calls are going against us and we are still not learning, that every night you must beat with goals and skills the opposing team and the men in black and white, The more you beak at them the more it results in the officials giving the benefit of the doubt to the opposition. Just sit down, shut up and coach . The higher the incidents of penalties legit or not the less likely we make the playoffs. Even now with our 3 in a row losses it is most likely to late. With the trade deadline coming what do we do. Look to the future or stay with what we have and once again have an early golf season ? I am starting to think we are like Portland and having to wait yes 4 years before we see the playoffs. Oh well lets keep our dreams and hope a few teams ahead of us fall to sleep and we ramp it up.

The Wheatiemaniac
01-02-2012, 07:58 PM
So Preston gets tossed in a 2-1 game with 5 minutes left to give a 5 on 3 which results in the winning goal....? How must the players feel to work so hard only to see their coach throw away the game.....what an embarrassment.....Canes had played a great game...they only had 5 D and limited Med Hat to 28 shots even though they were on the PK 9 times....Canes have a lot of heart and character can't be said the same for their leadership.

He has done little or nothing since he's been there.

canes77
01-03-2012, 02:05 AM
He has done little or nothing since he's been there.

He got the club 3 top 5 picks in just 2 years... :)

Gilligans
01-03-2012, 09:41 AM
I'd think Preston getting tossed would rile up the boys, personally. Showing a little emotion isn't necessarily a bad thing, and based on the reason he lost it, I'd think the guys would be behind him. When you don't start the penalty time and leave our guy in the box for longer than 2 minutes of course the coach is going to **** on the ref. The guy in the box should have been out before that goal went in. The ref's and the home team officials need to stop deciding the games and become accountable. Legit penalties happen, just call the game even both ways and leave the high and mighty attitude out of it. Its blatant, and embarrassing for the CHL that nothing is done about it. There are a few out there that are good, but there aren't many games that i have seen of the Hurricanes that have been reffed well. That being said, I think the Canes are playing pretty well as of late, and the game I saw in Koot over the holidays should have been theirs even though they lost, so to me that loss isn't so bad because it wasn't because they were outplayed. But I agree, fewer penalties would go a long way for this team especially when short benched.

TooLoud
01-03-2012, 10:07 AM

Far be it for me to stick up for RP, as I have not been his biggest fan, but....give the guy a break!! This guy can't seem to do anything right. If he calmly assesses things from behind the bench, he's not passionate enough. If he actually vocally sticks up for his team, he's an embarrassment. I'm not really sure that we as fans know what we want from him. While the players certainly decide how they will play nightly, and whether they will or won't buy into the coach's system, the coach dictates his team's game "style". This team's "identity" if you will, has been instilled by the coaching staff, and whether we like RP or not, it is obvious that this team has his stamp on it, and I believe that the team's recent bout of "passionate" hockey is because of him. We have all agreed this year that our team is obviously not uber-talented, but they have shown us that when they play "Hurricane Hockey", we can beat anyone. Unfortunately, this type of physical, in your face hockey confuses WHL referees, who darn it, have to prove to somebody that they are physically capable of blowing a whistle. Make no mistake, the Canes have been their own worst enemy with the lack of discipline shown in some games, but this type of hockey forces them to "walk the line". With that being said, I saw both Medicine Hat games, and....some of the penalties were deserved, but to give one team 4 5-on-3 advantages borders on ludicrous. More of the same in the Hat. I don't care how stoic you are, you are bound to "lose it" when your team is handed "funny" penalties two nights in a row, and I, for one, support RP's tirade. It shows support for his boys. Funny, when the shoe was on the other foot Monday night, when Kootenay lost their minds, there was very little complaining....