PDA

View Full Version : Trade Deadline....

WHLFANMAN
01-01-2012, 09:48 PM
Can we start a new thread instead of using the Anderson stop....hate seeing it roll on!

The Wheatiemaniac
01-01-2012, 10:04 PM
Can we start a new thread instead of using the Anderson stop....hate seeing it roll on!

if morning comes and there's no deal announced, it won't matter.

Trevor
01-01-2012, 10:51 PM
If this trade is true, it's gonna be hard to address any other needs the Wheat Kings may have given the bounty Seattle might have just scored.

WHLFANMAN
01-01-2012, 11:11 PM
I must admit I haven't followed Pickard. Statistically he seems C+. What have i missed to think the rumour would even be close:confused:

The Wheatiemaniac
01-01-2012, 11:18 PM
I must admit I haven't followed Pickard. Statistically he seems C+. What have i missed to think the rumour would even be close:confused:

I'm trying to block it out til tomorrow. I feel something is gonna happen, but this one is starting to sound a little too unrealistic. First off, the market this year for goalies is pretty thin All contending teams already have their goalies....except us. If indeed we are a contender. Seeing past package deals KM has pulled off, this one seems quite steep when you think about it.

Trevor
01-01-2012, 11:29 PM

Don't put too much stock in his GAA, but instead take a look at his save percentage. He has a .912 career save percentage. For comparison to some of the better goalies from the last few seasons, that's better than Braden Holtby, Garret Zemlak, Justin Pogge, Tyler Plante, and Tyler Bunz, and the same as Martin Jones.

WHLFANMAN
01-01-2012, 11:49 PM
Don't put too much stock in his GAA, but instead take a look at his save percentage. He has a .912 career save percentage. For comparison to some of the better goalies from the last few seasons, that's better than Braden Holtby, Garret Zemlak, Justin Pogge, Tyler Plante, and Tyler Bunz, and the same as Martin Jones.

Save % is the first stat i look at. Even then it's hard to comment without an account of true scoring chances gained by watching the tender and the team he's backing, seen tenders with %'s in the .800+ playing very well behind a week teem giving up huge quality chances and inversely .900+ playing very average stopping perimeter hots all year. If you are comparing Pickard to some of those tenders by performance that's encouraging.

The Wheatiemaniac
01-02-2012, 12:47 AM
Save % is the first stat i look at. Even then it's hard to comment without an account of true scoring chances gained by watching the tender and the team he's backing, seen tenders with %'s in the .800+ playing very well behind a week teem giving up huge quality chances and inversely .900+ playing very average stopping perimeter hots all year. If you are comparing Pickard to some of those tenders by performance that's encouraging.

playing very well as of late. Here's hoping we get to reap the benefits of that starting soon.

Trevor
01-02-2012, 12:56 AM
Not 100% comparing him to those guys, I just went solely by save %. The fact that he has a poor GAA but high sv % tells me he faces a lot of quality scoring chances in Seattle. Adding to that is that for his whl career he's always near the top of the list for shots faced

The Wheatiemaniac
01-02-2012, 01:02 AM
Not 100% comparing him to those guys, I just went solely by save %. The fact that he has a poor GAA but high sv % tells me he faces a lot of quality scoring chances in Seattle. Adding to that is that for his whl career he's always near the top of the list for shots faced

Pickard has played all his junior in Seattle. I don't think he has ever played a playoff game at all. Just an observation.

The Wheatiemaniac
01-02-2012, 01:04 AM
He's played 5 playoff games.

JMoney1988
01-02-2012, 09:41 AM
I'm trying to block it out til tomorrow. I feel something is gonna happen, but this one is starting to sound a little too unrealistic. First off, the market this year for goalies is pretty thin All contending teams already have their goalies....except us. If indeed we are a contender. Seeing past package deals KM has pulled off, this one seems quite steep when you think about it.

Well, maybe we are looking for a backup, if we can pick it up by the end of the season, looks like Moodie might be send back and with Todd.....???, really need someone to back up Marakov

jayson
01-02-2012, 12:08 PM
they were suposed to post something this morning about the trade .....

The Wheatiemaniac
01-02-2012, 01:20 PM
they were suposed to post something this morning about the trade .....

My guess is that there is no such trade and whlguy won't come on here now to explain himself or face the music. But I'm guessing his pants are on fire.

Western Elite
01-02-2012, 01:28 PM
Well he sure caused a lot of talk in the twitter world. People from International Scouting Services, Yahoo Sports and other media have been using this as a legit rumour. Some have even contacted the teams involved in the deal which could get this fellow in some deep trouble if he started all this.:eek:

lordstanley
01-02-2012, 01:40 PM
I told all of you to not get your hopes up with that poster he did the same stuff last season

The Wheatiemaniac
01-02-2012, 02:16 PM
I told all of you to not get your hopes up with that poster he did the same stuff last season

And we can't help but notice how he's nowhere to be found on here today.

chalk_one_up
01-02-2012, 03:23 PM
which could get this fellow in some deep trouble if he started all this.:eek:

No. It's the internet and if people are too retarded to believe what a poster on a message board says, than they need better things to entertain themselves with.

He started a rumour on an internet message board..lol. Not his fault they believed him :)

mjw22
01-02-2012, 05:34 PM
The guy was just on here messing with WK fans most likely maniac whos been looking for a trade since the freeze was lifted. He wont be on here to explain himself guys like that never do . Unless its backed by more than "sources say " only a fool falls for it . :D

The Wheatiemaniac
01-02-2012, 05:44 PM
The guy was just on here messing with WK fans most likely maniac whos been looking for a trade since the freeze was lifted. He wont be on here to explain himself guys like that never do . Unless its backed by more than "sources say " only a fool falls for it . :D

The guy calls himself WHLKING.....should be LYINKING. He posted stuff earlier last week and I called him on it asking who his source was, to which he replied it was a well known WHL scout.

Then he flashes that so called update. Yes, I wanted to believe like most WK fans did. But after rereading it a few times it started to sink in that this was not really a smart trade, and McCrimmon would not give up this much knowing there weren't many suitors for goalies. And yes, Seattle is still very much in the playoffs.

Oh well, still 8 days left.....once again, we sit and wait.

Trevor
01-02-2012, 07:22 PM
I don't know that anyone took it as being gospel or anything, but it definitely got some conversation going...

The Wheatiemaniac
01-02-2012, 07:27 PM
I don't know that anyone took it as being gospel or anything, but it definitely got some conversation going...

on a certain broadcaster's twitter that it was close( he writes the blog "WHL From Above"), but Seaman was the piece in question. We didn't want to let him go. And now Seattle wants Pickard there for a run to the playoffs. But now, I'm just gonna sit back and hope and pray for something good to happen.

lordstanley
01-02-2012, 07:32 PM
on a certain broadcaster's twitter that it was close( he writes the blog "WHL From Above"), but Seaman was the piece in question. We didn't want to let him go. And now Seattle wants Pickard there for a run to the playoffs. But now, I'm just gonna sit back and hope and pray for something good to happen.

whlfromabove that guy is a tool bag he is the Blades color commentator doesn't know much at all but act's like a big shot

The Wheatiemaniac
01-02-2012, 07:43 PM
whlfromabove that guy is a tool bag he is the Blades color commentator doesn't know much at all but act's like a big shot

it's the same guy.

lordstanley
01-02-2012, 11:36 PM
Just thought i would let you know that the Pickard deal was indeed false no a big surprise for me though seeing where the source came from

http://luberslounge.blogspot.com/

That's Bruce Luebke's blog

The Wheatiemaniac
01-03-2012, 08:35 AM
Just thought i would let you know that the Pickard deal was indeed false no a big surprise for me though seeing where the source came from

http://luberslounge.blogspot.com/

That's Bruce Luebke's blog

We all read that earlier yesterday. I'm still thinking that WHLKING and WHL From Above blog writer are the same guy. Because he added more about it exactly on his twitter yesterday and said Seaman was a stumbling block why the deal didn't happen.

lordstanley
01-03-2012, 10:03 AM
We all read that earlier yesterday. I'm still thinking that WHLKING and WHL From Above blog writer are the same guy. Because he added more about it exactly on his twitter yesterday and said Seaman was a stumbling block why the deal didn't happen.

Well if that's the case Cody Nickolodeon who runs that blog should keep his mouth shut until it's final he is the color guy for the Blades and also works in the Blades office on some roll he could get into **** with the team

Joe Hallenback
01-03-2012, 10:22 AM
It is quiet...too quiet.

I guess we really won't see the ball rolling till the weekend after the World Juniors.

Was talking to someone I know who works for the Wheat Kings and the big discussion this week between KM and CC is whether or not this team is actually good enough to go along way even if they add a player or two.

Think about Moose Jaw and what a guy like Stone would do for them. How about Ferland on a team like Tri-City?

Interesting days ahead..

The Wheatiemaniac
01-03-2012, 12:01 PM
It is quiet...too quiet.

I guess we really won't see the ball rolling till the weekend after the World Juniors.

Was talking to someone I know who works for the Wheat Kings and the big discussion this week between KM and CC is whether or not this team is actually good enough to go along way even if they add a player or two.

Think about Moose Jaw and what a guy like Stone would do for them. How about Ferland on a team like Tri-City?

Interesting days ahead..

A top end goalie would definitely solve some problems, but not all of them. We could stand pat and squeak into the playoffs, or make a deal for some scoring help and hope Boes gets back on a hot streak when he returns. Or, we go after a goalie like Pickard or Simpson, a D man like Petrovic, and scoring forwards like Sundher and Vause and then shoot for the moon. I realize going half way and praying doesn't usually work. So it will be interesting to see what happens from here. But the way we sit right now, it's kinda gloomy.

Trevor
01-03-2012, 01:40 PM
Or, we go after a goalie like Pickard or Simpson, a D man like Petrovic, and scoring forwards like Sundher and Vause and then shoot for the moon.

Not a chance all of that happens. KM would have to sell off everything he has to get all those guys which would jepordize the future for the next say 5 years or so. And if he didn't want to do it when he had a guaranteed ticket to the Mem cup and a better team to start with, he certainly won't do it now.

Joe Hallenback
01-03-2012, 01:56 PM
He acquired DeSerrres,Raedke,Wiebe and Hamonic for the Mem cup and gave up quite a bit to get it.

There were no goalies worth getting besides Martin Jones and Calgary was not going to part with him

Do people have short memories or just selective ones?

dubfanman
01-03-2012, 02:19 PM
A top end goalie would definitely solve some problems, but not all of them. We could stand pat and squeak into the playoffs, or make a deal for some scoring help and hope Boes gets back on a hot streak when he returns. Or, we go after a goalie like Pickard or Simpson, a D man like Petrovic, and scoring forwards like Sundher and Vause and then shoot for the moon. I realize going half way and praying doesn't usually work. So it will be interesting to see what happens from here. But the way we sit right now, it's kinda gloomy.

I keep seeing Petrovic's name being in the mix. While its true that every player is available for the right price (remember Gretzky), the Rebels would have to be offered something remarkable to give up Petrovic. My information is that they are happy with what they've got and might even add one or two more pieces to the puzzle. So Wheatie ... if you think Brandon will end up with Petrovic, be prepared to give up Nikkel and a similar haul that you guys fleeced the Blades for this time last year. I don't see KM doing very much actually, in fact .... if he does make big moves it might be as a seller! IMO the WheatKings are a good club but not good enough to go all the way even with the additions. KM has proven to be a very smart hockey guy, he's not going to sell the farm for short term and minimum glory.
BTW, with all your postings, perhaps you should have named yourself WheatiesManic LOL

booboo
01-03-2012, 02:45 PM
I think you are probably right that any WK moves will be minor in nature--they need to find another center like McKay last year to fill in the 2nd line center spot. I'm convinced there are too many holes in the team to patch them all without giving up the farm---really sure that's not the way to go. I think we stay the course and hope Boes or Honey can run with the ball as far as the goaltending goes and that we peak at the right time going into the playoffs. I would sure like to see us play more physical against the small fast teams like Edmonton--take away their space by making them keep their heads up. With the exception of Moose Jaw we have as many tough, physical players as anyone. If the proposed trade to get Pickard was in fact the offer that Seattle wanted their demands were far too high---there is no competitive market for goalies this year.

chalk_one_up
01-03-2012, 02:47 PM
I keep seeing Petrovic's name being in the mix. While its true that every player is available for the right price (remember Gretzky), the Rebels would have to be offered something remarkable to give up Petrovic. My information is that they are happy with what they've got and might even add one or two more pieces to the puzzle. So Wheatie ... if you think Brandon will end up with Petrovic, be prepared to give up Nikkel and a similar haul that you guys fleeced the Blades for this time last year. I don't see KM doing very much actually, in fact .... if he does make big moves it might be as a seller! IMO the WheatKings are a good club but not good enough to go all the way even with the additions. KM has proven to be a very smart hockey guy, he's not going to sell the farm for short term and minimum glory.
BTW, with all your postings, perhaps you should have named yourself WheatiesManic LOL

Petrovic isn't in the same class as Schenn or Hamonic. I think he's being really overvalued. Yeah he's a good defenseman, but he isn't worth what Schenn and Hamonic were.

SectionNDeserter
01-03-2012, 03:08 PM
Petrovic isn't in the same class as Schenn or Hamonic.Hard to compare him to a forward, but you are sure correct about Hamonic. Not only is Petrovic considerably more durable (55 more games in fewer number of seasons played), but he has 124 points to Hamonic's 109, and +28 so far on his WHL career compared to Hamonic's -17.

chalk_one_up
01-03-2012, 03:55 PM
Hard to compare him to a forward, but you are sure correct about Hamonic. Not only is Petrovic considerably more durable (55 more games in fewer number of seasons played), but he has 124 points to Hamonic's 109, and +28 so far on his WHL career compared to Hamonic's -17.

Those are just numbers. But I'm glad I wasted your time sifting through numbers to come up with an argument.

Hamonic made World Juniors. Petrovic did not.

The Wheatiemaniac
01-03-2012, 04:06 PM
Not a chance all of that happens. KM would have to sell off everything he has to get all those guys which would jepordize the future for the next say 5 years or so. And if he didn't want to do it when he had a guaranteed ticket to the Mem cup and a better team to start with, he certainly won't do it now.

that was kinda my point. You don't go all out unless you have a shot at winning it all. Especially now that Edmonton has picked up another major piece. Henrik Samuellson is joining them, and apparently doesn't count as an import because he's considered an American.

We should still add one more piece to be competetive. Once you're in, you never know what could happen.

SectionNDeserter
01-03-2012, 04:11 PM
Those are just numbers.Yes, they are just numbers, just numbers that are better than Hamonic's.

But I'm glad I wasted your time sifting through numbers to come up with an argument.Thanks to modern technology, it took about 2 minutes in total. You might want to take the two minutes to look stuff like that up before you make a completely unfounded statement like that.

Hamonic made World Juniors. Petrovic did not.While I applaud your attempt at changing of the subject to something unrelated when faced with the facts, the topic at hand is still that you contend that Hamonic has considerably more trade value than Petrovic.

Do you honestly believe that a WHL team is going to put a less durable player with inferior stats in a 'higher class' because they made a tournament (that is actually already over by the trade deadline), over a more durable player with better offensive and defensive numbers in the WHL, that was a final cut for the tournament? The World Jr. tournament is the sort of thing that increases a player's trade value for the NHL, not the WHL.

I would argue that Petrovic's trade value is the same as Hamonic's a few years back, if not higher.

booboo
01-03-2012, 04:36 PM
Yes, they are just numbers, just numbers that are better than Hamonic's.

Thanks to modern technology, it took about 2 minutes in total. You might want to take the two minutes to look stuff like that up before you make a completely unfounded statement like that.

While I applaud your attempt at changing of the subject to something unrelated when faced with the facts, the topic at hand is still that you contend that Hamonic has considerably more trade value than Petrovic.

Do you honestly believe that a WHL team is going to put a less durable player with inferior stats in a 'higher class' because they made a tournament (that is actually already over by the trade deadline), over a more durable player with better offensive and defensive numbers in the WHL, that was a final cut for the tournament? The World Jr. tournament is the sort of thing that increases a player's trade value for the NHL, not the WHL.

I would argue that Petrovic's trade value is the same as Hamonic's a few years back, if not higher.

No sense popping a blood vessel in your neck---Petrovic is going nowhere

tiny
01-03-2012, 05:00 PM
When you are prepared to bet on Petrovic not making the NHL, get in touch with Tiny in RD. I could come up with a little scratch.

booboo
01-03-2012, 05:04 PM
Don't get your panties in a knot-----Petrovic isn't going anywhere IN A TRADE. He'll make the NHL some day.

SectionNDeserter
01-03-2012, 05:22 PM
No sense popping a blood vessel in your neck---Petrovic is going nowhereHa ha, I don't think I am even close to that point. While I do enjoy watching him play, the odds are that if the Rebels make the playoffs, they will be playing a powerhouse like Edmonton in the first round, and this is Petrovic's final season in the league. Whether or not they will actually trade him is open for debate, but it is hard to come up with a compelling argument for them to hang on to him at this point, when they can get some future assets to build on.

sbtatter
01-03-2012, 05:44 PM
Ha ha, I don't think I am even close to that point. While I do enjoy watching him play, the odds are that if the Rebels make the playoffs, they will be playing a powerhouse like Edmonton in the first round, and this is Petrovic's final season in the league. Whether or not they will actually trade him is open for debate, but it is hard to come up with a compelling argument for them to hang on to him at this point, when they can get some future assets to build on.

I have to be honest and say I never noticed petrovic until this year, (doesn't help that we rarely play the Rebels) what's his development been like, any big jumps in performance or has he always shown this potential?
Strikes me Red Deer are maybe in a position a bit like Brandon, tough to know whether to stand pat, sell an asset or tinker a little bit at this point. I wonder if any teams are desperate enough like the Blades and Ice were last year to really drive the value of a Petrovic/Stone/Ferland/Weal up to where you can't refuse the deal?

chalk_one_up
01-03-2012, 07:16 PM
This guy's super-seriousness is pure lulz

booboo
01-03-2012, 07:25 PM
What is LULZ? some kind of code---spy vs spy???

chalk_one_up
01-03-2012, 07:30 PM
What is LULZ? some kind of code---spy vs spy???

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=lulz

Trevor
01-03-2012, 07:33 PM
He acquired DeSerrres,Raedke,Wiebe and Hamonic for the Mem cup and gave up quite a bit to get it.

There were no goalies worth getting besides Martin Jones and Calgary was not going to part with him

Do people have short memories or just selective ones?

The package that has been bandied about on here would require a lot more than KM gave up in the Mem Cup year.

DeSerres traded for Brendan Rouse.
Weibe traded for Jordan DePape.
Raedeke traded for Klarc Wilson, and conditional 3rd (was that met?).
Hamonic traded for Dallas Erdhardt, 1st in 2010, 2nd in 2010, 2nd in 2011.

Pickard or Simpson would cost more than DeSerres did.
Sundher would cost more than Weibe and Raedeke combined.
Petrovic would cost around the same or more than Hamonic.
Vause is an OA so his trade value I'm not too sure.

IMO deals to get what has been mentioned would require KM to give up a multitude of picks including both 1st rounders, Jayce Hawyrluk, Tim McGauley, Waltz or Nikkel, Honey or Papirny, and MAYBE one of Conroy or Asham.

lordstanley
01-03-2012, 07:40 PM
Breaking news for wheatiemaniac

The Wheatkings have picked up

Sundher
Pickard
Murray

For a bag of pucks another rip off move by KM enjoy :p

sbtatter
01-03-2012, 08:08 PM
IMO deals to get what has been mentioned would require KM to give up a multitude of picks including both 1st rounders, Jayce Hawyrluk, Tim McGauley, Waltz or Nikkel, Honey or Papirny, and MAYBE one of Conroy or Asham.

Out of those guys the ones I wouldn't want to trade are;
Hawerlyk
Nikkel
Papirny
I think Asham might turn out to be a good one as well with his speed, once he starts as a center

sbtatter
01-03-2012, 08:09 PM

Thanks for the "street language" lesson, good to know, lulz

booboo
01-03-2012, 08:46 PM

God you lead a sad existence to dig up that bit of trivia

Joe Hallenback
01-03-2012, 08:48 PM
The package that has been bandied about on here would require a lot more than KM gave up in the Mem Cup year.

DeSerres traded for Brendan Rouse.
Weibe traded for Jordan DePape.
Raedeke traded for Klarc Wilson, and conditional 3rd (was that met?).
Hamonic traded for Dallas Erdhardt, 1st in 2010, 2nd in 2010, 2nd in 2011.

Pickard or Simpson would cost more than DeSerres did.
Sundher would cost more than Weibe and Raedeke combined.
Petrovic would cost around the same or more than Hamonic.
Vause is an OA so his trade value I'm not too sure.

Rouse was a top rated 16 year old.
Depape was highly rated as well
Wilson was our 1st round bantam pick

I mean you can look later and say we got alot for nothing but it is the same thing here.

I can say Kyler Hehn and conditional pick for Sundhar and people will go YOUR CRAZY!

The Wheatiemaniac
01-03-2012, 11:02 PM
play in the NHL....can't say how long, but he'll have a chance. You never know til a kid's there as to how he will adapt.

WHLFANMAN
01-03-2012, 11:28 PM
Out of those guys the ones I wouldn't want to trade are;
Hawerlyk
Nikkel
Papirny
I think Asham might turn out to be a good one as well with his speed, once he starts as a center

I would have to agree with your "No Trades" and Asham has the tools.

The Wheatiemaniac
01-04-2012, 12:17 AM
I would have to agree with your "No Trades" and Asham has the tools.

But Jack Palmer is from Victoria. I read in an interview with Marc Habschield(coach, GM of Victoria) that Sundher will cost about 1 prospect now, and a draft pick.

Maybe he would or wouldn't. Just a thought. Then, we still have the host of prospects you mentioned coming up.

We do need to shoot for at least the second round of playoffs. Our young sophmores need that experience if maybe next year we could possibly be very strong defensively and have a big run next year.

lordstanley
01-04-2012, 12:19 PM
I'm hearing rumors that Brett Connolly is coming back to the WHL and will be traded to Brandon a Brett Connolly news conference will be held at 3:30

The Wheatiemaniac
01-04-2012, 12:33 PM
I'm hearing rumors that Brett Connolly is coming back to the WHL and will be traded to Brandon a Brett Connolly news conference will be held at 3:30

LS, you wouldn't tease a desparate hockey fan would you? Which time zone will it be 3:30 in? Brandon's or Prince George's?

lordstanley
01-04-2012, 12:39 PM
I think that's your local time and nope not teasing

Sttop
01-04-2012, 12:40 PM
Please dont tell me you are taking that Twitter talk seriously ?

lordstanley
01-04-2012, 12:41 PM
Well when Bruce Luebke say's stuff like we have an exciting anouncment with Connolly's return it makes me take things pretty serious the guy doesn't beat around the bush and is very legit

Western Elite
01-04-2012, 12:42 PM
Here is the tweet.

wheatkingsvoice Bruce Luebke
Brett Connolly back after WJHC? MT @PGCougars: We've got an exciting announcement to make this afternoon! Stay tuned after 3:30 for details.

I then asked around and the Blades color guy said it was more of a City Announcement for Prince George and not involving Connolly.

Perhaps Luebke jumped the gun here.

lordstanley
01-04-2012, 12:45 PM
Luebke jumped the gun i jumped the gun whlking really jumped the gun welcome to the trade deadlne :rolleyes: folks

Johnny Table
01-04-2012, 12:45 PM
LS, you wouldn't tease a desparate hockey fan would you? Which time zone will it be 3:30 in? Brandon's or Prince George's?

Geoffrey I think you need to calm down abit. Seems to me this board and the WheatKings are your life.SETTLE DOWN

The Wheatiemaniac
01-04-2012, 12:52 PM
Well when Bruce Luebke say's stuff like we have an exciting anouncment with Connolly's return it makes me take things pretty serious the guy doesn't beat around the bush and is very legit

that part was a retweet frm the PG Cougars twitter. It's the Cougars saying they have the exciting news not Luber. But you never know.

The Wheatiemaniac
01-04-2012, 12:58 PM
Geoffrey I think you need to calm down abit. Seems to me this board and the WheatKings are your life.SETTLE DOWN

just an exciting time of the year just before the deadline. But I am a very loyal and passionate Wheat Kings fan.

lordstanley
01-04-2012, 01:00 PM

Settle down twiggy

The Wheatiemaniac
01-04-2012, 01:00 PM
Luebke jumped the gun i jumped the gun whlking really jumped the gun welcome to the trade deadlne :rolleyes: folks

ya but when WHLKING jumped it, he's still in the air. It's gonna be an interesting week leading up to the deadline.

lordstanley
01-04-2012, 01:02 PM
ya but when WHLKING jumped it, he's still in the air. It's gonna be an interesting week leading up to the deadline.

Crazy week some diehards will even lose some sleep

bobsaget
01-04-2012, 01:06 PM
whlking is full of nothing but BS. Anyone who believes him is an idiot.

The Wheatiemaniac
01-04-2012, 01:22 PM
He would be the big ticket prize of the deadline. Teams like Portland, Moose Jaw, or Vancouver would love to have him for the stretch run. We could sure use his talents, but at what cost? He will command a major package from any team wanting to land him. If I were to guess, the Giants would have an inside track with his relationship with Don Hay from the WJHC. But it all depends what PG looks to gain out of it.

One more rumour....ready for takeoff.

Sttop
01-04-2012, 01:26 PM
was it not whlking that made the fake rumor about the Raiders getting Cowen last year ?

twentyone
01-04-2012, 01:26 PM
Why would tampa return Brett connolly, They would still require to pay him his NHL salary. Connolly would be making 900,000 playing in the dub and Tampa would still be hit with half a mil cap hit on him.

Weird

lordstanley
01-04-2012, 01:28 PM
was it not whlking that made the fake rumor about the Raiders getting Cowen last year ?

Yep that was him lol

twentyone
01-04-2012, 01:30 PM
"Connolly also had a goal in the game, but rather than competing in one final match, will rejoin the Lightning instead just east of the tournament’s host site where Tampa Bay is currently in the midst of a three-game road trip north of the border in Canada."

http://lightning.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=609838&navid=DL|TBL|home

From the Tampa Bay website

auch07
01-04-2012, 01:59 PM
Wow....pulling him out right before the bronze game? Likely nothing to it but could perhaps some people not be happy with how things have been run this year at the juniors so much so that they would rather pull their player than to let him compete for the Bronze?

Certainly an interesting thought.

The Wheatiemaniac
01-04-2012, 02:49 PM
Wow....pulling him out right before the bronze game? Likely nothing to it but could perhaps some people not be happy with how things have been run this year at the juniors so much so that they would rather pull their player than to let him compete for the Bronze?

Certainly an interesting thought.

Hockey Canada would have released their own statement by now if Connolly was leaving to return to the Lightning. Plus they gave him permission to compete in the tournament. The tournament is not over. It would make them look pretty bad and set a very poor precedent to do something like this with one game left for him to play.

auch07
01-04-2012, 02:53 PM
Still has to make one wonder....be curious to see if anything more comes out yet today on it all.

The Wheatiemaniac
01-04-2012, 03:00 PM
Still has to make one wonder....be curious to see if anything more comes out yet today on it all.

I doubt PG would call Connolly not coming back an "exciting announcement".

We shall see.

auch07
01-04-2012, 04:00 PM
Connolly said on his twitter that its untrue and the original story has been modified to say after the tournament.

Western Elite
01-04-2012, 04:21 PM
Here is the Prince George Cougars "exciting" announcement.

PGCougars PG Cougars
We're pleased to welcome special guest Bret "the Hitman" Hart to our upcoming games vs. Lethbridge on January 13... fb.me/1o0DD6eZ3

The Wheatiemaniac
01-04-2012, 04:43 PM

PGCougars PG Cougars
We're pleased to welcome special guest Bret "the Hitman" Hart to our upcoming games vs. Lethbridge on January 13... fb.me/1o0DD6eZ3

They'll make the playoffs for sure now.

SectionNDeserter
01-04-2012, 05:08 PM

PGCougars PG Cougars
We're pleased to welcome special guest Bret "the Hitman" Hart to our upcoming games vs. Lethbridge on January 13... fb.me/1o0DD6eZ3He used to come to most Rebel's games, when he was still part of the Hitmen ownership group, and they were in town. It wasn't even a big deal then, and he is about a decade more removed from being a celebrity.

The Wheatiemaniac
01-05-2012, 04:42 PM
and still nothing. I am convinced that something is coming. With the addition of at least a 2nd line center could put us in a position to maybe make the 2nd round of the playoffs. If nothing comes, then nothing comes. But I feel he will, at the very least, make a depth deal. And I am still of the belief that Anderson will not be here after the deadline, for whatever reason.

bobsaget
01-05-2012, 10:38 PM
and still nothing. I am convinced that something is coming. With the addition of at least a 2nd line center could put us in a position to maybe make the 2nd round of the playoffs. If nothing comes, then nothing comes. But I feel he will, at the very least, make a depth deal. And I am still of the belief that Anderson will not be here after the deadline, for whatever reason.

LOL you're sucha joke. And so oblivious to it. Awesome!!!

:clap:

The Wheatiemaniac
01-05-2012, 11:33 PM
it seems that your posts on one wall already have been pulled off because of your attitude. Some people never learn. Keep it up. You'll be gone in no time.

bobsaget
01-06-2012, 12:23 AM
See that wouldn't bother me in the slightest. Unlike you I actually do other things in my life other than posting nonsense and flooding message boards. Have at er little boy.

Joe Hallenback
01-09-2012, 10:54 AM
Can't believe how quiet it has been

lordstanley
01-09-2012, 11:57 AM
Can't believe how quiet it has been

the qmjhl and ohl have went crazy with there dealines over 20 a piece for each league i would say

The Schenn deal last year may have really changed the way GM'S think now so it may just be some minor tinkering this year

Trav
01-09-2012, 12:42 PM
the qmjhl and ohl have went crazy with there dealines over 20 a piece for each league i would say

The Schenn deal last year may have really changed the way GM'S think now so it may just be some minor tinkering this year

I doubt the Schenn deal has anything to do with it being quiet this year. There's big trades every year. It's only Monday and teams might be just keeping things quiet.

The Wheatiemaniac
01-09-2012, 12:43 PM

Lethbridge has called a press conference for 1PM MST today. Maybe a trade....or maybe Bret 'The Hitman" Hart is coming to one of their games too.

jayson
01-09-2012, 12:52 PM
i have a feeling were in for some moves just cant wait to see what those become

lordstanley
01-09-2012, 12:57 PM
Lethbridge has called a press conference for 1PM MST today. Maybe a trade....or maybe Bret 'The Hitman" Hart is coming to one of their games too.

Moose Jaw is gonna be busy they already traded vanscourt today they have a euro opening and a 20 opening i bet you see them trade for Marincin from PG and Braes or Sutter from Leth this will be there year in the heartland of MJ

Western Elite
01-09-2012, 01:03 PM
Cam Braes to Moose Jaw by the sounds of it...

1 more hour to wait Warriors/Canes fans.

The Wheatiemaniac
01-09-2012, 01:41 PM
Apparently Mark Stone will sit out Wed. game with Saskatoon to get a bit of a break after the World Jrs.

If KM can afford to do that, I hope that means he has a reiforcement coming in. Further, I would not be at all surprised to see Bruno Mraz cut loose at the deadline, similar to what happened to Mark Mieritz last year. He's only 18, but was brought in to maybe be the second line center. He has 7 assists and no goals, and he's landed at a wing spot on the 4th line and been a healthy scratch multiple times. I'd love to see Melnychuk dealt for an OA forward to improve the depth. Josh Birkholz from Everett would also be a guy who will garner some interest as an OA winger who can score.

booboo
01-09-2012, 03:07 PM
Wow! a 1st and 2nd round bantam pick for a 20 yr old? Braes from Lethbridge to Moose Jaw. If this is the price of doing business this year no wonder some of the prime trade candidates(Sundher, Pickard, Simpson etc) are not yet traded. The price is TOO high imo.

Sttop
01-09-2012, 03:14 PM
Was thinking the same thing. Geez imagine what Mcneill would go for !

Joe Hallenback
01-09-2012, 03:26 PM
You can probably thank the OHL and Q for this. They throw around picks like nothing because it is all a big joke for which players go where. Plus they already know which players are going to be impact and which are not for the most part because they draft a year later then the WHL.

mjw22
01-09-2012, 04:10 PM
You can probably thank the OHL and Q for this. They throw around picks like nothing because it is all a big joke for which players go where. Plus they already know which players are going to be impact and which are not for the most part because they draft a year later then the WHL.

Something the dub should be doing then you may have better returns on 1st 2nd round picks. Something around 50 % of 1st rounders develop into top players. So thinking that way maybe a first isn't as valuable as we think .

Trevor
01-10-2012, 10:44 AM
I heard rumour from a co-worker last night that #3 has requested a trade. I have no source, just what I was told, so if he's still a Wheat King come this afternoon, no jumping all over me.

Joe Hallenback
01-10-2012, 11:14 AM
I heard rumour from a co-worker last night that #3 has requested a trade. I have no source, just what I was told, so if he's still a Wheat King come this afternoon, no jumping all over me.

Seems like wishful thinking from a fan who doesn't like Melnychuk

Trevor
01-10-2012, 11:35 AM
Seems like wishful thinking from a fan who doesn't like Melnychuk

I'm not saying there's any truth to it whatsoever. Just what I was told.

lordstanley
01-10-2012, 11:45 AM
Do you guys expect to wins games by a score of7-6 for the rest of the season ?

KM better get a dman or 2 and a goalie or else you guys may see a first round exit

Trevor
01-10-2012, 11:50 AM

KM better get a dman or 2 and a goalie or else you guys may see a first round exit

Nope. I expect 9-7, lol. Might even win the odd one by a field goal or unconverted touchdown!!!:D

Joe Hallenback
01-10-2012, 11:52 AM
I think a big problem for this team was we have a hard time winning faceoffs and we can't kill penalties.

Honestly were going to beat alot of teams the last half the season just with adding Sundhar to our lineup. Line matching will be tough for most teams and I think now our top 3 is as good as there is in the league

Ferland Walker Stone
Bertaggia Sundhar Dzuizynski
Swripya Seaman Meuiller

Size,speed and toughness on every line. The D still has 2 of the top offensive D men in the league in Pulock and Roy. Experience in Melnychuk and Miller. If Nikkel can show the promise we all think he has he is a good option as a bottom pairing guy.

If Boes comes back and they ride him I think we are going to be more than alright.

and who knows maybe KM isn't done yet today

lordstanley
01-10-2012, 11:54 AM
Why is it that even with a Sundher pickup me and alot of others fans are not scared of this wheatking team ?

Joe Hallenback
01-10-2012, 11:56 AM
Why is it that even with a Sundher pickup me and alot of others fans are not scared of this wheatking team ?

Because you are deluding yourself

Ryan Murray may be on his way to Brandon...

Trevor
01-10-2012, 11:58 AM

Sarcasm?? Cause that just sounds INSANELY far fetched.

lordstanley
01-10-2012, 11:58 AM

where did you hear this Ryan Murray deal i hope it wasn't from the white board lol

Joe Hallenback
01-10-2012, 11:59 AM
where did you hear this Ryan Murray deal i hope it wasn't from the white board lol

What is the white board?

Joe Hallenback
01-10-2012, 12:00 PM
I had a friend text me and tell me Ryan Murray might be on his way to Brandon

lordstanley
01-10-2012, 12:03 PM
Well i saw this fake rumor on the white board message board and it got erased with in minutes maybe he heard it from there

Fact is the tips GM said Murray will be drafted into the NHL as a Tip

Joe Hallenback
01-10-2012, 12:04 PM
Well i saw this fake rumor on the white board message board and it got erased with in minutes maybe he heard it from there

Fact is the tips GM said Murray will be drafted into the NHL as a Tip

You never know but maybe that is where he saw it from. Lord almighty I wonder what we would have had to give up to get Murray if it did happen. Nikkel would be going the other way I am guessing for sure probably Papirnry as well

lordstanley
01-10-2012, 12:06 PM
You never know but maybe that is where he saw it from. Lord almighty I wonder what we would have had to give up to get Murray if it did happen. Nikkel would be going the other way I am guessing for sure probably Papirnry as well

If you gave up papirny and nikkel then you only have mcgauley left from our deal i wonder if the prospect cupboard is starting to get bare

rednex50
01-10-2012, 12:07 PM
I don't see Ryan Murray even being on the Table. Being a 93, he's not going pro next season...so unless someone absolutely drops their pants, I don't seen him moving.

But I have been wrong before, but I just don't see it happening

lordstanley
01-10-2012, 12:09 PM
I don't see Ryan Murray even being on the Table. Being a 93, he's not going pro next season...so unless someone absolutely drops their pants, I don't seen him moving.

But I have been wrong before, but I just don't see it happening

He wont be going this year but next season when the Tips suck again he will be wearing a Blades Jersey

chalk_one_up
01-10-2012, 12:12 PM

The horse has been beaten to death. We got it now.

You along with others keep repeating the same thing that the Brandon fans already know. And the reason you aren't scared is because by saying that repeatedly, you give your self this sense of comfort and hope, which really makes me wonder if right now, you are questioning your own team pitted up against Brandon's, but of course, you wouldn't admit that.

chalk_one_up
01-10-2012, 12:13 PM
Also, a Ryan Harrison could be had for a cheaper price given his drop in production, but a new address may light a fire under him if someone was to land him. I'm sure Harrison still has a lot to prove and would be a decent 20 in the league next season.

Kelly has been known to do that on occasion. Case in point, Steven Later, Matt MacKay and Matt Lowry

Joe Hallenback
01-10-2012, 12:17 PM
Well we have a whole bunch of decent 16 year olds

Waltz - playing Junior A in Alberta
Cooper - had a cup of tea then got sent back to midget having a good year their
Fuhr - Goalie is playing aaa midget in Alberta I think and doing good. He might be going the college route though
Hehn - Allstar at the recent Macs Midget tourney and one of the top scorers in the Alberta midget league
Palmer - Splitting time between Junior B and Junior A on the Island and doing well. Looked real good in a brief callup
Taillefer - Playing Junior A in the MJHL having a similar season to Walker and is very similar player
Spiess - Big solid D man playing Midget this year.

Out of that group Waltz,Hehn and Palmer I think are going to be good solid WHLers.

I though Waltz might get dealt today but he hasn't so far

Plus we still have Pankewicz,Papirny,Hawryluk,Quennville,Starodub,Kit t and Lindgren from last years draft.

GoldenBoy
01-10-2012, 12:59 PM
I love when I see teams bashing Brandon, every team wishes they had the success that the WK's have had in the last 20 years. I do like Mj's team this year. I think they have a great core. But all it takes for Brandon is for their dman to step up and Boes to play to his potential. I envy any team having to play Brandon in playoffs. You may be able to stop one our lines but you won't be able to stop two. Our second line is a lot of teams first line. We just lack playing in our own end.

Oh and Saskatoon, your still in a lot of trouble next year... if you think you have the players to rep the WHL in the MemCup next year. You better get some Schenn, Glennie, Calvert, Hamonic, Robak, Raedake, and Weibe like players because even with us having those guys we still couldn't win. But who knows what the other leagues are going to be like but I sense a Regina hosting repeat.

Pecker
01-10-2012, 01:42 PM
Goldenboy, you forgot Urbom and Rajala! That team was f'n stacked!! and they still couldn't win the cup or let alone get through the third round of the playoffs. Not to bash the Wheaties, I'm just saying I doubt the Blades will have anything close to the team the Wheaties took the mem cup. And we're still a contender two years after. Saskatoon will sell everything to try and contend next year, flop at the mem cup and then be terrible for years afterward.
Wow! Pats got a good guy too! All the top teams are loading up! Still think Edmonton is the team to beat but its gonna be tough competition with a lot of teams this year.

GoldenBoy
01-10-2012, 02:14 PM
I wonder if the Wheat Kings are still gonna make a move. We're coming down to the final couple of hours now. Should be interesting, I hope we can land Petrovic

chalk_one_up
01-10-2012, 02:15 PM
Asham and Kuczek absent from practice.

GoldenBoy
01-10-2012, 02:18 PM
Asham and Kuczek absent from practice.

As per Bruce Luebke's Twitter "Apparently, Kuczek and Asham both missing practice today with illness. Don't know if it's upper body illness or lower body illness."

The Wheatiemaniac
01-10-2012, 05:09 PM
As per Bruce Luebke's Twitter "Apparently, Kuczek and Asham both missing practice today with illness. Don't know if it's upper body illness or lower body illness."

Well, so much for going for it. Anderson is still a Wheat King, Melnychuk is still a Wheat King, Ciarelli is still here too. McCrimmon telling Sundher we are going for it leads to believe we will load up. I guess everyone else available was out of reach, price wise. We have a dogpile of highly touted prospects. We needed to upgrade the hole left with Fransoo's departure. We could have used an upgrade in goal, but I'm now just hoping and praying that Boes is ready very soon. I think we all expected more to happen.

Reston
01-10-2012, 05:32 PM
Well, so much for going for it. Anderson is still a Wheat King, Melnychuk is still a Wheat King, Ciarelli is still here too. McCrimmon telling Sundher we are going for it leads to believe we will load up. I guess everyone else available was out of reach, price wise. We have a dogpile of highly touted prospects. We needed to upgrade the hole left with Fransoo's departure. We could have used an upgrade in goal, but I'm now just hoping and praying that Boes is ready very soon. I think we all expected more to happen.

I was hoping for an upgrade for our D - Melnychk as the leader of the defence just scares me ! :o

mjw22
01-10-2012, 05:52 PM
I was hoping for an upgrade for our D - Melnychk as the leader of the defence just scares me ! :o

It's 2hrs past deadline looks like its over .Sundher was like adding one more cannon to a ship full of leaks without patching any leaks :) I applaud KM for going old school lots of offense but when the rest of the teams don't play the same way it could be tough .:clap: Bye Maniac see ya next trade deadline :eek:

GoldenBoy
01-10-2012, 05:59 PM
It's 2hrs past deadline looks like its over .Sundher was like adding one more cannon to a ship full of leaks without patching any leaks :) I applaud KM for going old school lots of offense but when the rest of the teams don't play the same way it could be tough .:clap: Bye Maniac see ya next trade deadline :eek:

You just better make sure that your team can stop a team with the most fire power that this league has seen in a long time. After Howden, henry, braes and Kylie Beach who do you have up front to put the puck in the net.

The Wheatiemaniac
01-10-2012, 06:08 PM

I'm fine right where I am. Sure I, and all other WK fans, would have liked more upgrades. But we'll see how it plays out. And I will be proud of my team no matter what.

But if you insist on following me around because you're that bored, so be it. Much like your own theory, I will say what I want, where I want.

Congrats on picking up Braes and James Who?

GoldenBoy
01-10-2012, 06:26 PM
I'm fine right where I am. Sure I, and all other WK fans, would have liked more upgrades. But we'll see how it plays out. And I will be proud of my team no matter what.

But if you insist on following me around because you're that bored, so be it. Much like your own theory, I will say what I want, where I want.

Congrats on picking up Braes and James Who?

MJ thinks that Braes is going to be the better of the two players (Braes vs Sundher)

Braes has C 44 24 21 45 -12
On a team that
GP W L OTL SL PTS PCT GF GA
44 16 27 0 1 33 0.375 132 182

Sundher 40 22 42 64 -3
On a team that
GP W L OTL SL PTS PCT GF GA
42 13 24 2 3 31 0.369 145 212

I would rather have a guy like sundher. Victoria has by far worst GA in the league and he is only a -3 he also has 19 pts more in 2 less games, 42 assists on a team with barely no offence ability leads me to believe that his passing and set up skills must be right up there with Weal.

Sundher is also a playmaker that will be playing with a Bertaggia and DZ I expect the net to fill up quick on this line as I feel Bertaggia is ready to break out. I also would like to see sundher be the set up guy for stone on the PP.

Braes is good, but how is he better, sure he can fight. But who fights come playoff time anyway?? Every team in the East should be scared, I am scared of the complete team that MJ has but I would be scared of the offensive threat that Brandon has. Because WE WILL SCORE 6-8 GOALS A GAME!!!

mjw22
01-10-2012, 07:24 PM
Never said Braes was better said he was a better fit for our style of play . READ ppl . The diff may be play off experience Braes has more and apparently is a solid 2 way player. I wish more GM's were like KM wide open run & gun . You may score 6-8 goals but not every night and that may be your undoing. We may have a solid team with forwards who play a 2 way game and only score 3 a night could be our undoing . That said history i believe is on the side with better defensive play and goaltending IMO . It will be interesting to watch and if you don't win you will be entertaining. It' been fun let the games begin :)

GoldenBoy
01-10-2012, 07:28 PM
Never said Braes was better said he was a better fit for our style of play . READ ppl . The diff may be play off experience Braes has more and apparently is a solid 2 way player. I wish more GM's were like KM wide open run & gun . You may score 6-8 goals but not every night and that may be your undoing. We may have a solid team with forwards who play a 2 way game and only score 3 a night could be our undoing . That said history i believe is on the side with better defensive play and goaltending IMO . It will be interesting to watch and if you don't win you will be entertaining. It' been fun let the games begin :)

Agreed... If my team doesn't win I want a east division team to win it all because its about time..

The Wheatiemaniac
01-10-2012, 07:37 PM

who said Braes is "10 times the player that Sundher is"? Sundher was the stud of the deadline. I know we didn't get other pieces we were looking for. But we still got a whole lot better in a hurry. And when Boes comes back, I believe he will return to his early season form. He is a very good goalie, still developing. He's big and agile, and his positioning is far better than last year.

mjw22
01-10-2012, 07:53 PM
who said Braes is "10 times the player that Sundher is"? Sundher was the stud of the deadline. I know we didn't get other pieces we were looking for. But we still got a whole lot better in a hurry. And when Boes comes back, I believe he will return to his early season form. He is a very good goalie, still developing. He's big and agile, and his positioning is far better than last year.

not me I know a bit about hockey :)

The Wheatiemaniac
01-10-2012, 08:03 PM
not me I know a bit about hockey :)

a tiny little bit, by the sounds of things.

But maybe the lack of movement was a message GM to GM that it's time to stop holding these kids hostage at the deadline when you have a chance to put them in a winning situation. You're being offered compensation to build up your program in the future, and they're on the phone asking "how bad do you want him"? How many players were thought to be available and were probably overpriced by the GM's? Alot of teams and players could have benefitted all around today. Maybe next season they won't be so stubborn as to hold back kids out of greed.

Oh well, it is what it is.

booboo
01-10-2012, 08:52 PM
As much as I like the addition of Sundher to the line-up because of the entertaining hockey the WK will play the rest of the season, I feel we did not address our biggest needs---a depth d-man and a better goalie---If our defensive game improves and it will have to improve a lot and the goaltending becomes more consistent, we stand a chance of going 2 rounds into the playoffs. I believe MJ and EDM and even REG improved enough to give us nightmares in the playoffs.

booboo
01-10-2012, 09:02 PM
Two more things I forgot in the last posting--sorry---1. I hope Kelly can get some players from his protected list on the team as his lineup now has 23 players of which 3 are goalies and Seaman who might be out for a long time with the uncertainty of concussions. A couple more injuries,suspensions or illnesses would put us in a perilous state. 2. at least with the acqusition of Sunder we did not give up any of our top propects except the 1st round pick of which we had 2. Thoughts???:bounce:

WHLFANMAN
01-10-2012, 09:37 PM

Agreeeeed! Trade deadline buyers or sellers and do we buy it all, (comes with no guaranty), or sell it all! That's always the yack. If we were told we were getting Sundher 1 month ago i'm sure the discussion would have been "All The Way"! At the end of the day a good team got better with very little effect on future. We got the center we needed, our #1 prospect showed he's ready to step in and will get developed and (IMHO) none of the tenders discussed are better than Boesey. Now we sit back and see how it shakes out on the "ICE"! I also saw CC smiling with some of the players, also a good sign!

WHLFANMAN
01-10-2012, 09:39 PM
Two more things I forgot in the last posting--sorry---1. I hope Kelly can get some players from his protected list on the team as his lineup now has 23 players of which 3 are goalies and Seaman who might be out for a long time with the uncertainty of concussions. A couple more injuries,suspensions or illnesses would put us in a perilous state. 2. at least with the acqusition of Sunder we did not give up any of our top propects except the 1st round pick of which we had 2. Thoughts???:bounce:

I think you have to be able to depend on your "List":cool:

The Wheatiemaniac
01-10-2012, 10:16 PM
I think you have to be able to depend on your "List":cool:

Probably dreaming but it would be nice to see Jack Palmer brought up for the rest of the year. I'm sorry, but Bruno Mraz is not a better choice than Palmer at forward. It should be obvious that Mraz is not part of the plans for next year, but Palmer should be. Palmer is hopping between Jr A and Jr B as a 16 yr. old. He should be up here where he can get a better feel for the pace of the game.

And I repeat, we should have nevern traded away Carter Proft. Hard worker and would have produced where Mraz has not panned out at all.

Side note, does anyone know when the deadline is to declare your roster? Seems to me the Wheats released some guys the day after the deadline last year. Anyone know when it is?

Rye
01-11-2012, 01:07 AM
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/396956_227758840636326_100002066363754_491963_1921 149738_n.jpg

It could have been worse ... :p

Joe Hallenback
01-11-2012, 08:20 AM
My Final thoughts on the trade deadline.

I have to say I am somewhat disappointed that we didn't add more players especially considering that we got Sundhar. Now we are going to have to hope players can elevate their game. I have no doubt were going to win our fair share of games going down the stretch and we are probably going to be one of those teams no one wants to play in the 1st round of the playoffs but are we capable of winning it all? I am not so sure.

I know they were after a goalie and a D but the asking price was just too high. To get either Simpson or Pickard the starting price was Nikkel and you could add one of Pankewicz,Papirny or Hawyrluk on top of that plus draft picks. They wanted Marancin but Regina slipped in and made a better deal at the last minute and got him.

Usually KM gets what he wants but this year things slipped away.

We can take consolation in knowing that we still have every player we drafted last year and the year before. Plus we still have alot of draft picks this year.

I guess we will see how things go starting tonight

chalk_one_up
01-11-2012, 08:21 AM
Probably dreaming but it would be nice to see Jack Palmer brought up for the rest of the year. I'm sorry, but Bruno Mraz is not a better choice than Palmer at forward. It should be obvious that Mraz is not part of the plans for next year, but Palmer should be. Palmer is hopping between Jr A and Jr B as a 16 yr. old. He should be up here where he can get a better feel for the pace of the game.

And I repeat, we should have nevern traded away Carter Proft. Hard worker and would have produced where Mraz has not panned out at all.

Side note, does anyone know when the deadline is to declare your roster? Seems to me the Wheats released some guys the day after the deadline last year. Anyone know when it is?

Brandon occupies 2 first round Euro picks in the upcoming Import Draft, so obviously with Alessio returning next season, expect one to be dealt, and the other to be used to select someone who can come in and be effective next season.

wheatiesfan
01-11-2012, 01:20 PM

I wished we could have picked up Pickard but I can live with Boes when he comes back. Anderson has a few more games to prove he can step up. Look to see Kelly back behind the bench soon if Clouston doesn't get this team winning on a nightly basis.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
01-11-2012, 01:59 PM
its kind of funny how you guys wanted another D, couldnt get it and settled for Sundher despite having excess offence, while the pats in a mirror situation needed more offence and instead picked up Marincin.

It certainly wouldve made more sense if the positions were switched, and the players went to arguably where they fit better. I know I will be watching both players pretty closely either way.

patsdude114
01-11-2012, 06:40 PM
They wanted Marancin but Regina slipped in and made a better deal at the last minute and got him.

Not sure how u can say Regina slipped in last minute & got him when the deal was done by 10am.

As much as i appauled KM for how he runs his franchise at times he does try to bully himself in this league, imo i believe that teams declined any deal from him to add a Dman to make the Sundher trade look puzzling to others around the league. The WKs did not need a scorer they needed defense & they have now failed to bring in what they truely needed.

The last 3 trade deadlines the WKs have made a big splash either by adding our trading away a marquee player. In 09/10 the WKs added Hamonic, last year traded Schenn & now this year adding Sundher. Its great that the WKs are in a position to add these kinds of players as it shows they are in the thick of things year after year but 1 must think that the fellow GMs are maybe getting sick of how KM bullies himself in these deals too. U either love KM or u hate him there is no inbetween with this guy.

When he was behind the bench alot of WHL refs were intimidated by him he yells at the refs more then any other coach i have ever seen. Smart on his behalf when dealing with alot of young inexperienced refs to get calls going his way (& believe me it happened alot).

All in all kudos to KM for getting Sundher but is a big fail in the end when the defense is even worse now then it was before trade deadline when u lose Fransoo a guy who logged key minutes & still have Melnychuk kicking tires on ur backend. Lots of 8-7 games coming ur way im sure be it winning them or losing them will be like the 80s all over again... which isnt always a bad thing lmao

The Wheatiemaniac
01-11-2012, 06:41 PM
I have all the faith in the world that the boys will reach the second round. The third is not out of the question and will no doubt at least give anyone a run for their money. If they make the third round, it'll be the 3rd time in 4 years they were in the conference finals. Call us WK fans crazy and dillusional for believing in that. But, we hate your teams too, so we're even.

patsdude114
01-11-2012, 06:53 PM
u do realize defense & goaltending are needed to advance to the 3rd round of the playoffs right?

Which the WKs have neither, i guess time will tell but every team above them have strong defense & goaltending. The WKs will have the Stone factor which could win them at least 1 series but im doubting it wins 2 rounds.

Time will tell how it all unfolds, but just looking on paper the defense will burn u guys.

The Wheatiemaniac
01-11-2012, 07:06 PM
u do realize defense & goaltending are needed to advance to the 3rd round of the playoffs right?

Which the WKs have neither, i guess time will tell but every team above them have strong defense & goaltending. The WKs will have the Stone factor which could win them at least 1 series but im doubting it wins 2 rounds.

Time will tell how it all unfolds, but just looking on paper the defense will burn u guys.

You had your whole lineup. We had no Stone, no Bertaggia, and Sundher wasn't here yet. Now that we are full staff, do you honestly think that 1 defenceman puts you ahead of us?

We will be fine. There's a thing called puck possession, and 2 dominant lines carrying the play is a great motivator for us and it will help alot. Will we make the Mem Cup? Probably not. Will the Pats make it out of the 1st round? Ditto.

mjw22
01-11-2012, 08:11 PM
You had your whole lineup. We had no Stone, no Bertaggia, and Sundher wasn't here yet. Now that we are full staff, do you honestly think that 1 defenceman puts you ahead of us?

We will be fine. There's a thing called puck possession, and 2 dominant lines carrying the play is a great motivator for us and it will help alot. Will we make the Mem Cup? Probably not. Will the Pats make it out of the 1st round? Ditto.

odds are you might not even get there :o

The Wheatiemaniac
01-11-2012, 08:55 PM
odds are you might not even get there :o

Tell me that in a month.

lordstanley
01-11-2012, 09:16 PM
Well i thought you guys played us tougher than the last time we played you guys i guess our 16 year old rookie goalie was to much to handle tonight haha

mjw22
01-11-2012, 09:17 PM
Tell me that in a month.

6-7 goals a game isn't that what some were braggin how about 0 and Makarov didnt play.:o

lordstanley
01-11-2012, 09:25 PM
6-7 goals a game isn't that what some were braggin how about 0 and Makarov didnt play.:o

Blades learned there lesson last year that a hard workign team can beat skill look what Kootenay did to us now this season were kind of build like the ICE

Joe Hallenback
01-11-2012, 09:32 PM
Alex Moodie was fantastic wow you guys are set in net that is for sure. Didn't play that bad but couldn't score who would have thought that

Pecker
01-11-2012, 09:39 PM
Wow, we trade for the 7th best scorer in the league, our top 6 guys are point per game players, we've got the top two scoring defencemen in the league and we get shut out by a 16 year old call up from the minors! We are the laughing stock of the league right now!

On the plus side, Pulock made a nice save at the end of the game in front of the empty net, maybe we should put him in net next game.

mjw22
01-11-2012, 09:43 PM
Wow, we trade for the 7th best scorer in the league, our top 6 guys are point per game players, we've got the top two scoring defencemen in the league and we get shut out by a 16 year old call up from the minors! We are the laughing stock of the league right now!

On the plus side, Pulock made a nice save at the end of the game in front of the empty net, maybe we should put him in net next game.

Maybe the rumors about the dislike of CC are more than just rumours.

chalk_one_up
01-11-2012, 09:51 PM
Brandon is pure FLAI

drummermajor
01-11-2012, 09:56 PM
What a game by Moodie...

All I can complain about was not putting guys in front of the net, and not coming out with enough energy in the 3rd.

I thought we did a good job at making the opposition work for positioning in front our net for once.

jayson
01-11-2012, 10:02 PM
It was quite entertaining that the entire blades team are afraid of ferland, what a bunch of whimps! Lol all in good fun but so true!

lordstanley
01-11-2012, 10:17 PM
It was quite entertaining that the entire blades team are afraid of ferland, what a bunch of whimps! Lol all in good fun but so true!

Saskatoon pussies ? we were not gonna let Ferland get in our head tonight he was running around like a chicken with it's head cut off, he wanted to fight Sutter but that isn't really Sutters game this year at all, we had a game plan and stuck to it thats what it takes sometimes to win on the road, pussies ? well i say smart :clap:

WHLFANMAN
01-11-2012, 10:17 PM
What a game by Moodie...

All I can complain about was not putting guys in front of the net, and not coming out with enough energy in the 3rd.

I thought we did a good job at making the opposition work for positioning in front our net for once.

37 shots, Sundher generated chances, Rookie Nikkel strong great passes and jumped up chances, Anderson solid. Not the result but all the signs it will come!:groovy: And HAHA ya you have to get infront of the tender!!!! Good for rookie Moody!:)

WHLFANMAN
01-11-2012, 10:20 PM
2 things. IMHO the forwards need to win battles on our half boards and CC needs to engineer a new PP.:rolleyes:

lordstanley
01-11-2012, 10:25 PM
Guys who stood out for me tonight were Sundher Stone and Ferland on defense Nikkel and Pulock and Brandon Anderson actually played well

drummermajor
01-11-2012, 10:42 PM
Saskatoon pussies ? we were not gonna let Ferland get in our head tonight he was running around like a chicken with it's head cut off, he wanted to fight Sutter but that isn't really Sutters game this year at all, we had a game plan and stuck to it thats what it takes sometimes to win on the road, pussies ? well i say smart :clap:

I'd agree with this. It got us to take two stupid penalties with Miller and Ferland. I didn't like the call on Ferland, but I guess I couldn't hear what was said.

The Wheatiemaniac
01-11-2012, 10:53 PM

we ran into a hot young goalie and lost 1 game after our big trade. We should probably fold our franchise and give all our stars to Moose Jaw and all the other teams.

Like I said. Tell me how bad we are in a month.

WHLFANMAN
01-11-2012, 10:56 PM
we ran into a hot young goalie and lost 1 game after our big trade. We should probably fold our franchise and give all our stars to Moose Jaw and all the other teams.

Like I said. Tell me how bad we are in a month.

U2 are hilarious.:)

dubfanman
01-11-2012, 11:04 PM
37 shots, Sundher generated chances, Rookie Nikkel strong great passes and jumped up chances, Anderson solid. Not the result but all the signs it will come!:groovy: And HAHA ya you have to get infront of the tender!!!! Good for rookie Moody!:)

Hard to believe Nikkel is 16 years old. Big, strong, rangy and efficiently smart player. I can see him as a future captain of this team.

The Wheatiemaniac
01-11-2012, 11:12 PM
Hard to believe Nikkel is 16 years old. Big, strong, rangy and efficiently smart player. I can see him as a future captain of this team.

If there was ever a full blooded blue chip stud, Nikkel is it. Now that he will be playing pretty much every game, he will only get better.

The scoring will come and when it does, it will carry us a long way.

Anderson has actually had a couple of good games, but I will feel much more comfortable once Boes is back.

WHLFANMAN
01-11-2012, 11:36 PM

Talk to the hand!:hmmm:

The Wheatiemaniac
01-12-2012, 12:24 AM
I just checked the schedule. Tonight actually was not the last game of the season. Things will come together. We can't and won't throw in the towel because we didn't set the world on fire in Sundher's first game.

patsdude114
01-12-2012, 01:26 AM

ok so what is ur excuse for this game then when the Pats shutout the WKs 2-0???

http://whl.ca/schedule/show/game/59708

full line up for both teams?

mjw22
01-12-2012, 01:31 AM
ok so what is ur excuse for this game then when the Pats shutout the WKs 2-0???

http://whl.ca/schedule/show/game/59708

full line up for both teams?

They didn't have Sundher :D Hey I thought you said maniac went back into the woods when the deadline ended :laugh:

patsdude114
01-12-2012, 01:44 AM
haah he has in the past lol he is still too excited & has a hard on for sundher i would think lol

meh whatever at times he is fun to get all stirred up cuz it happens so easily

The Wheatiemaniac
01-12-2012, 02:08 AM
haah he has in the past lol he is still too excited & has a hard on for sundher i would think lol

meh whatever at times he is fun to get all stirred up cuz it happens so easily

You two really don't have a life, do you?

patsdude114
01-12-2012, 02:31 AM
You two really don't have a life, do you?

i have a great life actually but get a great laugh cuz u get so rattled so easily over the littlest of a comment

The Wheatiemaniac
01-12-2012, 03:49 AM
i have a great life actually but get a great laugh cuz u get so rattled so easily over the littlest of a comment

I don't sweat either one of you at all.....but you're over here on our board blithering on about nothing. Some life.

The Wheatiemaniac
01-12-2012, 03:50 AM
We will win both games and show everyone what this team is capable of. Have faith.

mjw22
01-12-2012, 03:59 AM

Well actually their 6 pts ahead of you :D

The Wheatiemaniac
01-12-2012, 09:14 AM
Well actually their 6 pts ahead of you :D

For now. but not for long.

lordstanley
01-12-2012, 09:43 AM
For now. but not for long.

Getting a little cocky aren't we ? your harlem globetrotters couldn't even get 1 goal past a 16 year old rookie call up goalie :o

GoldenBoy
01-12-2012, 10:00 AM
Getting a little cocky aren't we ? your harlem globetrotters couldn't even get 1 goal past a 16 year old rookie call up goalie :o

I like how honest you are when it comes to the game... you definitely know your sh*t! That goalie last night, I watched him in warm up and thought he was going to get lit up last night. I honestly believe that Moodie will make a run for #1 next year. His glove is so fast, his puck control was amazing. He did get lucky about 3-4 opportunities but in fairness to him great goalies need to get lucky once in awhile.

If this kid plays they way he did last night leading into next season... Your return on Makarov would be huge. I doubt that would happen but he is a SOLID back up. Great game by the blades last night.

I was impressed with the way our team played last night. Tons of great opportunities. I don't think we had a good first but I think we owned the last half of the game. Brandon needs to start playing like a mini Boston Bruins (just no cheap ****) but in your face hockey.. Hit first, fight when you need to. Two dumb penalties changed momentum.

WHLFANMAN
01-12-2012, 10:51 AM

Ok! How do you feel your rookie tender played??;) You guys are set for tenders! which is huge! Check the shots on goal for games Blades vs Kings.

lordstanley
01-12-2012, 12:15 PM
Ok! How do you feel your rookie tender played??;) You guys are set for tenders! which is huge! Check the shots on goal for games Blades vs Kings.

Shots vs you guys ? ok last night you out shot us by 8 and the game before we outshot you guys by 6 pretty even, having said that last night Brandon had the better scoring chances i wish there was a stat for scoring chances, shots on goal can be very misleading all you have to do is check the shots in PA there shot keeper there is way out to lunch

Our goaltending i'm very happy with we are set for goaltending and almost on defense, scoring will have to be addressed next season

Rye
01-12-2012, 02:01 PM
It's actually quite funny watching a game in PA how some shots aren't counted and then you look up while the puck is being passed around and the shot total suddenly increases.

The Wheatiemaniac
01-12-2012, 05:27 PM
It's actually quite funny watching a game in PA how some shots aren't counted and then you look up while the puck is being passed around and the shot total suddenly increases.

The shot counters in Brandon have been questioned in the past as well.I would assume its done by a local guy in each rink as opposed to a WHL official counter being assigned to each game.

BTW, Lord Stanley. As for the standings, I think alot of people outside Brandon looked at last night as the whole season. The fact is that last year we dealt for Matt McKay. A couple of games later we got blown out by Edmonton 9-0 on home ice. After that, the guys had a chance to gel with a new teammate, he learned the system, and we went on a roll that nobody expected. In a couple of weeks our No. 1 goalie comes back, and yes it'll take a few games to let him catch up to game speed. But Sundher got off a plane here on Tuesday, moved into a new surrounding and went to practice with linemates he's probably never met before.

With all due respect, we are less than 10 points out of 3rd in the conference. We will get better. And I firmly believe we will be challenging for the division by seasons end. Yes your young keeper was spot on last night, but how long will he be able to keep it up? Teams will eventually figure out some things about him, but soon he will head back to midget hockey to finish his year on a team that will no doubt be playing into April. As you know, there is no set timetable for a player to return from a concussion. We lost Walker in a March playoff game last year and he didn't play again til late October. I'm not being cocky, I just know what our team is capable of. So if people think we are dead in the water over one game then they are sadly mistaken.

Joe Hallenback
01-12-2012, 08:37 PM
The shot counters in Brandon have been questioned in the past as well.I would assume its done by a local guy in each rink as opposed to a WHL official counter being assigned to each game.

BTW, Lord Stanley. As for the standings, I think alot of people outside Brandon looked at last night as the whole season. The fact is that last year we dealt for Matt McKay. A couple of games later we got blown out by Edmonton 9-0 on home ice. After that, the guys had a chance to gel with a new teammate, he learned the system, and we went on a roll that nobody expected. In a couple of weeks our No. 1 goalie comes back, and yes it'll take a few games to let him catch up to game speed. But Sundher got off a plane here on Tuesday, moved into a new surrounding and went to practice with linemates he's probably never met before.

With all due respect, we are less than 10 points out of 3rd in the conference. We will get better. And I firmly believe we will be challenging for the division by seasons end. Yes your young keeper was spot on last night, but how long will he be able to keep it up? Teams will eventually figure out some things about him, but soon he will head back to midget hockey to finish his year on a team that will no doubt be playing into April. As you know, there is no set timetable for a player to return from a concussion. We lost Walker in a March playoff game last year and he didn't play again til late October. I'm not being cocky, I just know what our team is capable of. So if people think we are dead in the water over one game then they are sadly mistaken.

You don't have to apologize for anything. When your the best team in the east year in and year out people want to see you knocked off your pedestal

The Wheatiemaniac
01-12-2012, 08:47 PM
You don't have to apologize for anything. When your the best team in the east year in and year out people want to see you knocked off your pedestal

Well said, Joe. It's easy for those people to tell us what we haven't done, when they have done even less.