PDA

View Full Version : Sundher trade talk builds

pontcanna
01-03-2012, 01:38 AM
Sundher trade talk builds

WHL deadline looms

BY MARIO ANNICCHIARICO, TIMES COLONIST JANUARY 2, 2012 11:10 PM

Kevin Sundher’s days as a member of the Victoria Royals could be numbered as speculation grows that he may be one of the bigger names dealt, just one week away from the Western Hockey League trade deadline.

According to various reports around the league, no fewer than nine teams have expressed interest in acquiring the top-10 scorer including Portland, Tri City, Kamloops, Vancouver, Edmonton, Brandon, Moose Jaw, Kootenay and Medicine Hat — contenders looking to bolster their lineups.

A pair of executives, on the condition of anonymity, confirmed interest in the third-round draft pick of the Buffalo Sabres, who just signed a pro contract last month and is expected to play pro next year.

That means Sundher wouldn’t be around for the Royals, who would be best served to gain something in return, rather than lose him all together for the 2012-13 season.

“We have a plan, we talked about it from the day the franchise moved here. We’re not changing that plan,” stressed Royals general manager and head coach Marc Habscheid, referring to his young group.

“We know the strength is in our future and we have to nurture this group along. If we can help ourselves now and, more importantly, in the future, we’re going to look at it.”

Which sounds ominous for a 19-year-old, like Sundher.

“No option is off the table,” said Habscheid. “Is Kevin going to be back next year? Probably not. So all cards and options are on the table. We want to be better now and, more importantly, we want to be better in the future.”

Sources say Habscheid is looking for a prospect now and a high bantam draft pick for the future.

“He’s a pretty good player, one of the top forwards in the league, so if you’re going to get a player like that we have to get something in return,” added Habscheid, who confirmed he’s had calls about Sundher and others. “We’ll see. It takes a partner to dance with.

“No trade is better than a bad trade,” Habscheid then stressed, although his message was intended to be far more reaching. “We’re not going to make a trade just to make a trade.”

As for Sundher, who has 22 goals and 60 points in 37 games, there isn’t much he can say at this point.

“This is where I am right now. I’m happy to be here and I’m hoping to be here,” he said of the rumours. “That’s all I can worry about day to day, and hoping I’m with this team and working hard every single day.”

The Wheatiemaniac
01-03-2012, 12:06 PM
Sundher trade talk builds

WHL deadline looms

BY MARIO ANNICCHIARICO, TIMES COLONIST JANUARY 2, 2012 11:10 PM

Kevin Sundher’s days as a member of the Victoria Royals could be numbered as speculation grows that he may be one of the bigger names dealt, just one week away from the Western Hockey League trade deadline.

According to various reports around the league, no fewer than nine teams have expressed interest in acquiring the top-10 scorer including Portland, Tri City, Kamloops, Vancouver, Edmonton, Brandon, Moose Jaw, Kootenay and Medicine Hat — contenders looking to bolster their lineups.

A pair of executives, on the condition of anonymity, confirmed interest in the third-round draft pick of the Buffalo Sabres, who just signed a pro contract last month and is expected to play pro next year.

That means Sundher wouldn’t be around for the Royals, who would be best served to gain something in return, rather than lose him all together for the 2012-13 season.

“We have a plan, we talked about it from the day the franchise moved here. We’re not changing that plan,” stressed Royals general manager and head coach Marc Habscheid, referring to his young group.

“We know the strength is in our future and we have to nurture this group along. If we can help ourselves now and, more importantly, in the future, we’re going to look at it.”

Which sounds ominous for a 19-year-old, like Sundher.

“No option is off the table,” said Habscheid. “Is Kevin going to be back next year? Probably not. So all cards and options are on the table. We want to be better now and, more importantly, we want to be better in the future.”

Sources say Habscheid is looking for a prospect now and a high bantam draft pick for the future.

“He’s a pretty good player, one of the top forwards in the league, so if you’re going to get a player like that we have to get something in return,” added Habscheid, who confirmed he’s had calls about Sundher and others. “We’ll see. It takes a partner to dance with.

“No trade is better than a bad trade,” Habscheid then stressed, although his message was intended to be far more reaching. “We’re not going to make a trade just to make a trade.”

As for Sundher, who has 22 goals and 60 points in 37 games, there isn’t much he can say at this point.

“This is where I am right now. I’m happy to be here and I’m hoping to be here,” he said of the rumours. “That’s all I can worry about day to day, and hoping I’m with this team and working hard every single day.”

I really hope he lands with us.

the Royal Flush
01-03-2012, 05:14 PM
i hope we get alot for him...

rednex50
01-03-2012, 08:10 PM
I still think it'll take 1 Decent young roster player - forward (17/18 yr), one very good prospect (15/16 yr) and a 3rd to 5th round pick is what he should bring.

Is he a Schenn or an Eakin? No. So he isn't going to attract 5 or 6 players/picks. But he is a top player in the league, so 2 young players/prospects and a pick SHOULD be what any serious team would need to offer up. If, there becomes a bidding war, all the better.

Kevin is a great kid, comes from a great family, and wil have a great pro-career ahead of him. I wish him nothing but the best, and maybe a chance to go for a championship before his WHL career is over.

bobsaget
01-04-2012, 11:55 AM
I really hope he lands with us.

Do you come with a shut up switch? Like seriously do you really need to flood every single message board on this website??

The Wheatiemaniac
01-04-2012, 12:00 PM
Do you come with a shut up switch? Like seriously do you really need to flood every single message board on this website??

If you don't wanna talk to anyone on here then don't. But don't think for one second that it's up to you who I talk to, or how much I talk to them. That's why we are all given access to each teams page. Maybe since you're new here you'll catch on eventually.

The Wheatiemaniac
01-04-2012, 12:05 PM
i hope we get alot for him...

said he was looking for a prospect now and a future bantam pick. Are you familiar with Jack Palmer? He's one of our pipeline kids and he's actually from Victoria. He's the son of former Victoria Cougar Brad Palmer, for those who might remember him from the 80's. He's a blue chip prospect and maybe him and a couple of picks might seal a deal for Sundher. I really like Sundhers makeup. We have been lacking a true scoring center all year, and he alone could solve alot of issues for us.

bobsaget
01-04-2012, 12:12 PM
If you don't wanna talk to anyone on here then don't. But don't think for one second that it's up to you who I talk to, or how much I talk to them. That's why we are all given access to each teams page. Maybe since you're new here you'll catch on eventually.

Most of the time you're just talking to yourself. Who cares if you keep it hockey? It is incessant, obnoxious over amounts of posting.

The Wheatiemaniac
01-04-2012, 12:16 PM
Most of the time you're just talking to yourself. Who cares if you keep it hockey? It is incessant, obnoxious over amounts of posting.

go cry to someone else. Maybe go find a site where nobody bothers you. I'll say what I want. I don't need your permission to do anything. So go tug on someone elses ear. None of my posts are directed at you anyway. Maybe you need a shut up switch, or a quit whing like a little girl switch.

bobsaget
01-04-2012, 12:17 PM
go cry to someone else. Maybe go find a site where nobody bothers you. I'll say what I want. I don't need your permission to do anything. So go tug on someone elses ear. None of my posts are directed at you anyway. Maybe you need a shut up switch, or a quit whing like a little girl switch.

If only you had a friend.