PDA

View Full Version : line-up

tiny
01-04-2012, 07:52 AM
If everyone is now healthy and Mackenzie has been around long enough to be ready, what will the line-up look like Friday? How long do the Rebs have before they have to make a decision on the 20's?
How about:
(Because I don't know what will happen with the 20's, I will leave Cowan and Borejko out of the equation)
Mayor-Inglis-Persson
Elson-Kambietz-Ness
Maxwell-Robinson-Burr
Millette-Hamilton-Mackenzie (Cowan - McCoy)

Petrovic-Fafard
Weller-Dumba
Doetzel-Hak (Borejko-Thiel)

Dubyk
Pouliot

SectionNDeserter
01-04-2012, 08:47 AM
How long do the Rebs have before they have to make a decision on the 20's? If the rules haven't changed in the last 4 or 5 seasons, it would be a week after they are both medically cleared to play.

How about:
Petrovic-FafardTheir strengths would compliment each other, but do you think Fafard is ready to go from 15 minutes of ice time to 50 or whatever Petrovic plays? :D

Red celtic
01-04-2012, 10:01 AM
I would change Elson for Mayor. Switch Millette and Burr and have McCoy in the lineup over Hamilton. On the back end I would pair up Petrovic with Weller, Dumba with Doetzel, Hak and Fafard

tiny
01-04-2012, 11:52 AM
If the rules haven't changed in the last 4 or 5 seasons, it would be a week after they are both medically cleared to play.
Thanks
Their strengths would compliment each other, but do you think Fafard is ready to go from 15 minutes of ice time to 50 or whatever Petrovic plays? :D

I don't expect him to get much PK or PP time as Dumba and Weller will eat up much of that time so that will bring his time back some. Hopefully a lot of that will be PP not PK.

whl_observer
01-04-2012, 01:30 PM
Just wondering how you justify Doetzel and Fafard, who are -14 and -12 respectively, should be in the top 4. With numbers like that I'm not sure that I would even place them in the top 6. Numbers don't lie and with those type of numbers their spot in the top six should, in my opinion, be in question .

tiny
01-04-2012, 02:49 PM
Just wondering how you justify Doetzel and Fafard, who are -14 and -12 respectively, should be in the top 4. With numbers like that I'm not sure that I would even place them in the top 6. Numbers don't lie and with those type of numbers their spot in the top six should, in my opinion, be in question .

I don't think I said they are in the top four in ability only to start the game. Some coaches pair their best with those with less experience and ability to balance their pairings early in the game and adjust when they shorten the bench. At this time I would value Petrovic, Weller and Dumba as the top three.

You make a good point about the +/- as long as you remember that many of the team's negatives came with 5, 6, 7, even 8 starters out at the same time. Doetzel was playing major time against top lines at that time. Fafard will play to see what he has to offer. His numbers come from another situation.

I would expect that Borejko would replace one of them if he is the 20 that remains. If Cowan remains, Borejko is out and not available. Thiel is the other D man available and a year older than Fafard and two years older than Doetzel and could easily replace one of these two or even Hak.

WHLFANMAN
01-04-2012, 04:16 PM

Numbers don't lie? On thier own numbers can be very missleading!;)

dubfanman
01-04-2012, 04:18 PM
I don't think I said they are in the top four in ability only to start the game. Some coaches pair their best with those with less experience and ability to balance their pairings early in the game and adjust when they shorten the bench. At this time I would value Petrovic, Weller and Dumba as the top three.

You make a good point about the +/- as long as you remember that many of the team's negatives came with 5, 6, 7, even 8 starters out at the same time. Doetzel was playing major time against top lines at that time. Fafard will play to see what he has to offer. His numbers come from another situation.

I would expect that Borejko would replace one of them if he is the 20 that remains. If Cowan remains, Borejko is out and not available. Thiel is the other D man available and a year older than Fafard and two years older than Doetzel and could easily replace one of these two or even Hak.

Reliable 'sources' have suggested that Cowan will be encouraged to retire and be offered an assistant coach role with the Rebels. Borejko will stay and solidify defense.

SectionNDeserter
01-04-2012, 05:17 PM
Reliable 'sources' have suggested that Cowan will be encouraged to retire and be offered an assistant coach role with the Rebels. Borejko will stay and solidify defense.They do need an experienced defenseman more than they need another checking forward. As tiny mentioned previously, with all the injuries and suspensions etc, Doetzel has been put into all sorts of situations that are way over a 16 year old's head, and having another experienced defenseman in the lineup will help ease him into the lineup a bit better. On the other hand, they might have to build an expansion on to the player's bench for all the coaches if this turns out to be true. :D

RDRebelsfan
01-04-2012, 08:54 PM
I would change Elson for Mayor. Switch Millette and Burr and have McCoy in the lineup over Hamilton. On the back end I would pair up Petrovic with Weller, Dumba with Doetzel, Hak and Fafard

agree with this

The Wheatiemaniac
01-06-2012, 12:35 AM
I just read that Cowen was released, retired, and appointed an assistant coach.

SectionNDeserter
01-06-2012, 07:25 AM
Yes, so don't get your hopes up Saskatoon fans, you won't be claiming him on waivers! :D

dubfanman
01-07-2012, 11:48 AM
Probably a little early to assess, but any thoughts on new additions Inglis, Fafard and Mackenzie ?