PDA

View Full Version : Pats vs PA Game #41

patsdude114
01-04-2012, 02:37 PM
Weiner Wednesday buy 2 hot dogs for the price of 1 all game long (what a promo :) )

as for the game tonite the Pats are 2-1 against the Raiders this year the lone set back was the last time these 2 teams met when the Raiders PP killed the Pats going 4/6 & scored 2 SH goals to win 6-3... 5on5 the Pats controlled this game but couldnt kill a penalty if there life depended on it, not going to win too many games when u give up 6 goals on specialty teams.

A very interesting stat that i never bothered even looking up til i read it on the Pats website that Weal is tied for 1st in the WHL with a +26 rating, looking at the league leaders in that stat it is dominated by teams such as TC, EDM, KAM (epsecially TC) theres only 3 players from the East Division & thats Weal, Stone & Burns (SAS)

Im have a feeling tonite the Pats will be starting Beukeboom, Hewitt has been a workhorse all year long & he needs some rest. I would like to think that the Pats can beat the Raiders with there backup in goal if we play our style & shut things down thru the netural zone. Hewitt will be needed against Stoon in my eyes a more important game especially since we have a home & home this weekend against the Blades.

Is there any word if Klimchuk & Burroughs will be playing in tonites game? 1 would think they are back with the team now.

Klimchuk 2g 4a

Burroughs 1g 2a

Also Williams was on Team West

Williams 0g 1a

Normally these players come back with alot of confidence after playing against there peers for a week or so & u notice it in how they carry themselves on the ice. Klimchuk was having success in the WHL already & this tournament should only help his development. Would love to see him come back & really build off the 1st 1/2 of the season & find the back of the net alittle bit more. At times he couldnt buy a goal with some of his chances.

Bepoleon
01-04-2012, 06:20 PM
Lookin forward to tonites game. Both teams have pretty good records in the last 10 games. Lets go Pats!

patsdude114
01-04-2012, 11:00 PM
This game was controlled by the Pats, even when PA did have take shots they were from the outside.... 2 goals they did score were off bad break 1 went off a Pats player pants & another goal Blidstrand blocks the shot goes right back to the shooter for an easy goal as Hewitt had already committed to the shot coming thru.

If it wasnt for McNeil on the Raiders the Raiders would be a horrid team. They have big Dmen who cant skate & are more worried about looking to fight then playing the game.

It sure would be nice if tonites game can finally get Marantz going he did score 20 goals last year & if he can finally start putting the puck in the net again it will only help this team down the stretch.

Reider had 2 tap ins tonite, i dont know how anyone could of missed his 1st goal with the pass Weal gave him. Nice to see Volek get a multi point game as well, with Klimchuk coming back into the lineup im guessing by the weekend at some point puts a regular body with more offensive upside.

This weekends home & home with Saskatoon could be a huge weekend for either team if 1 team is able to win both, a split changes nothing in the standings for either team. Would love to see the Pats take both games & really get some separation from the Blades. But 1st things 1st is friday nites game at home.

Games like tonite playing weaker teams & demolishing them on the score board can always worry a coach cuz bad habits tend to come in. There was times that the Pats were trying to do too much on there breakouts instead of sticking to how they play. Coach Conacher was really giving the gears during the 1 min radio time out & i dont blame him either, we were getting sloppy just cuz we had a big lead. Good teams never change the way they play (just like coach Malcom said on the radio) its so nice to have coaches like this who actually seem to care & want the team to get better each & every shift instead of just taking the win in the 2nd period & coasting thru while letting the players do as they please.

Talking with alot of season ticket holders tonite at the game, & alot of them have said they will be very pissed off & will be contacting the Pats office if the Pats trade Weal. Its been a very long road for season ticket holders who have stuck thru this team thru alot of tough years under brain-less Parker. The fans want to see a commitment to win NOW & in the future. The future already looks strong for the Pats with a very strong 16yr old group & 15yr old group our 17yr olds have talent as well.

Im putting it out there that Weal does NOT get traded & Lang makes a small minor deal to strengthen our 2nd line. The way Moser has been playing the past couple games he will definately strengthen our 3rd line & give us a physical presence another banger would be nice.

mjw22
01-05-2012, 12:08 AM
This game was controlled by the Pats, even when PA did have take shots they were from the outside.... 2 goals they did score were off bad break 1 went off a Pats player pants & another goal Blidstrand blocks the shot goes right back to the shooter for an easy goal as Hewitt had already committed to the shot coming thru.

If it wasnt for McNeil on the Raiders the Raiders would be a horrid team. They have big Dmen who cant skate & are more worried about looking to fight then playing the game.

It sure would be nice if tonites game can finally get Marantz going he did score 20 goals last year & if he can finally start putting the puck in the net again it will only help this team down the stretch.

Reider had 2 tap ins tonite, i dont know how anyone could of missed his 1st goal with the pass Weal gave him. Nice to see Volek get a multi point game as well, with Klimchuk coming back into the lineup im guessing by the weekend at some point puts a regular body with more offensive upside.

This weekends home & home with Saskatoon could be a huge weekend for either team if 1 team is able to win both, a split changes nothing in the standings for either team. Would love to see the Pats take both games & really get some separation from the Blades. But 1st things 1st is friday nites game at home.

Games like tonite playing weaker teams & demolishing them on the score board can always worry a coach cuz bad habits tend to come in. There was times that the Pats were trying to do too much on there breakouts instead of sticking to how they play. Coach Conacher was really giving the gears during the 1 min radio time out & i dont blame him either, we were getting sloppy just cuz we had a big lead. Good teams never change the way they play (just like coach Malcom said on the radio) its so nice to have coaches like this who actually seem to care & want the team to get better each & every shift instead of just taking the win in the 2nd period & coasting thru while letting the players do as they please.

Talking with alot of season ticket holders tonite at the game, & alot of them have said they will be very pissed off & will be contacting the Pats office if the Pats trade Weal. Its been a very long road for season ticket holders who have stuck thru this team thru alot of tough years under brain-less Parker. The fans want to see a commitment to win NOW & in the future. The future already looks strong for the Pats with a very strong 16yr old group & 15yr old group our 17yr olds have talent as well.

Im putting it out there that Weal does NOT get traded & Lang makes a small minor deal to strengthen our 2nd line. The way Moser has been playing the past couple games he will definately strengthen our 3rd line & give us a physical presence another banger would be nice.

Could Pats make the play offs if they got back a couple young roster player in a deal for Weal ? Gm's like Lang don't base trades on public opinion. If a deal comes he likes you know he'll pull the trigger and hope some of the pieces he gets back get him to play offs. You Know what he thought about Pats getting nothing for Eberle & Tuebert lol

lordstanley
01-05-2012, 12:10 AM
Could Pats make the play offs if they got back a couple young roster player in a deal for Weal ? Gm's like Lang don't base trades on public opinion. If a deal comes he likes you know he'll pull the trigger and hope some of the pieces he gets back get him to play offs. You Know what he thought about Pats getting nothing for Eberle & Tuebert lol

I say the Pats go for it they are only 5 points behind you guys for first in the east now they need to be in the playoffs badly plus there fans deserve it

witness
01-05-2012, 09:16 AM
The goaltending for PA was awful. Two of the first three goals were saves that needed to be made. Letting in a wrist shot from the point??? C'mon.

But still, nice win for the Pats. Good to get some second line scoring (will actually third line scoring). The break seems to have regenerated some of the younger guys. Voltek, Hunt and Rodenwald have been effective.

The future already looks strong for the Pats with a very strong 16yr old group & 15yr old group our 17yr olds have talent as well.

I agree that there is a bright future. The 16 year olds are strong. Add to the list Williams, McLean and Harris, and that is a strong age group. The 15 year old group, I would say is average (with the exception of Brooks). The 17 year old group is below average and needs to be upgraded.

The Pats are actually sitting in a position where they could have a home advantage in the playoffs. I don't think Weal is going anywhere. But, I do see the Pats parting with a vetern defensemen in order to get some younger depth up front.

blueline
01-05-2012, 01:20 PM
Pats F Nils Moser made the highlight reel in the second period when his crushing hit put Lamontagna into the box between the benches

Read more: http://www.leaderpost.com/sports/Regina+Pats+power+past+Raiders/5948607/story.html#ixzz1ic4826Mr

Could someone post a link from that hit?