PDA

View Full Version : Makarov to start for Russia Tonight!

Western Elite
01-05-2012, 01:43 PM
Go Russia Go!!!!

lordstanley
01-05-2012, 08:14 PM
Macaroni is on fire Russia has been outshot 34-4 so far Makarov is the only reason why it's tied GO RUSSIA GO :clap: AND GO MAKAROV GO

auch07
01-05-2012, 08:17 PM
Did meathead Ferraro just say he has been wildly inconsistent for the Blades this year?

Trav
01-05-2012, 08:27 PM
I got a laugh when they talked bout Makarov being inconsistent. They obviously haven't seen him play in Saskatoon otherwise they wouldn't be saying that. I've yet to see Makarov have a bad game in person but listening to the other games I would say maybe two or three games he probably didn't do well but when you consider how much he plays, can't fault him for a bad game. Guess to them that's inconsistent.

He's the Blades MVP by far this year. Team's record would be a lot worse if it weren't for him.

auch07
01-05-2012, 08:29 PM
I just asked Ferraro on his twitter if he actually just said that. Dying for the response.

lordstanley
01-05-2012, 09:01 PM
Ferraro is a joke he is pronouncing his name wrong to

Makarov has had 1 bad game i can remember just before Christmas other than that he has been unreal

lordstanley
01-05-2012, 09:10 PM
Also how is Zalasky 1 of the refs for tonight / the guy is horrible

Nook
01-05-2012, 09:13 PM
Judging by how Makarov has come up big when it counts, the Blades must be thrilled as hell that he'll likely be coming back next year when they host the Memorial Cup.

lordstanley
01-05-2012, 09:40 PM
Great job Makarov that was 1 of the better goaltending perfomances i have ever seen i think this was by far his best effort of the year

To bad Russia never showed up for our Goalie i think they put everythign into the Canada game and ran out of gas

Trav
01-05-2012, 09:48 PM
Well he's bailed out the Blades a number of times so seeing him give Russia every opportunity to win, no surprise. Thank goodness he's 18 :) still has one, maybe even two years left in the WHL though I'd expect him in the AHL by the time he's 20.

The Wheatiemaniac
01-05-2012, 10:15 PM
A Hollywoodmob hit scene doesn't produce that many shots at a human being. He played out of his mind tonight. Now the question is if he can bring it back with him. But that was quite a performance tonight.

Trav
01-05-2012, 10:26 PM
Hope we can fill the arena on Saturday and give Makarov a standing O for his great performance tonight. We seriously are lucky to have him as our goaltender and not being biased but I honestly believe he's one of the top 3-4 goaltenders in the league when he's on his game.

franchise
01-05-2012, 10:38 PM
When Makarov is on his game, there isn't a better goalie in the league. 60 plus shots against in the last two games against the best Junior's in the world? And one goal against?

JMoney1988
01-05-2012, 11:02 PM
Im just hoping if Marakov doesn't start tomorrow
Night, moodie does.... We will see, as Lord said I too will
Give him a standing o

lordstanley
01-05-2012, 11:30 PM
Give him a standing o

Moodie is a 100% starting tomorrow i found out as for Saturday he may not even start that night Lorne may give him the whole weekend off

The Wheatiemaniac
01-06-2012, 12:09 AM
Moodie is a 100% starting tomorrow i found out as for Saturday he may not even start that night Lorne may give him the whole weekend off

Quite the find in goal. For a 16 yr old, he's a pretty special talent. With Makarov in goal next year and Moodie as a 17 yr old, he will be more than ready to be the starter by the time his 18 yr old year arrives. I was impressed with him against us. He gave the Blades the tending that we lacked so very much.....and still do.

patsdude114
01-06-2012, 12:20 AM
I would say Makarov is more like # 1 or 2 goalie in the WHL, the guy plays unreal he has amazing flexability.... id take Makarov over any other goalie in the WHL if had a free choice.

Wheatiemanic r u about to start a rumour that the WKs r in a position to trade for him too now? or is he already on ur wishlist too? sorry u knew that was coming from all or other posts u have made in the past week or so just having some fun with u now lol

The Wheatiemaniac
01-06-2012, 12:29 AM
I would say Makarov is more like # 1 or 2 goalie in the WHL, the guy plays unreal he has amazing flexability.... id take Makarov over any other goalie in the WHL if had a free choice.

Wheatiemanic r u about to start a rumour that the WKs r in a position to trade for him too now? or is he already on ur wishlist too? sorry u knew that was coming from all or other posts u have made in the past week or so

I've been sitting here trying to find a way to break it to you.

Goaltending is a crucial piece to have in place going to the Mem Cup. God knows it was a sore spot with us in our host year. The Blades are fortunate to have him. He will be a major impact guy moving forward.

patsdude114
01-06-2012, 12:37 AM
haah oh i know goaltending is a very key piece to move forward we have ours the WKs still need to find theres tho.

The Blades lucked out big time with the QMJHL team folding where he played last year & picking him up. Was he even claimed again thru the euro draft or claimed just by adding him to the protective list?

The Wheatiemaniac
01-06-2012, 12:43 AM
haah oh i know goaltending is a very key piece to move forward we have ours the WKs still need to find theres tho.

The Blades lucked out big time with the QMJHL team folding where he played last year & picking him up. Was he even claimed again thru the euro draft or claimed just by adding him to the protective list?

but do the Blades think they have a shot this year, or will they hold their cards til next season?

Trav
01-06-2012, 01:12 AM

Yep, the Blades picked him up in the import. They even traded up to get him. They traded their own pick which was I think 60th and moved up to around 30 or so where the Cougars were picking and then they selected Makarov. I can't remember what all the Cougars got for the upgraded pick but it was damn worth it. Makarov came highly recommended apparently by a number of people.

I really like the Blades duo (going to assume Moodie stays), Makarov will obviously start majority of the games going forward but I think now that Moodie has got his feet wet, I'm sure Molleken will give Makarov more time off then he got in the first half of the season..Just my guess.

Trav
01-06-2012, 01:14 AM
Give him a standing o

Lol I think you got me and him mixed up pal, I had mentioned bout giving Makarov a standing O lol, just thought I'd correct ya.

the voice
01-06-2012, 08:27 AM
Just checking around the league to see what's up. I have to say the Russians have been practicing throwing their heads back, holding their mouths on the way to the bench and laying on the ice til the ref ignores them. Thousands of booing fans can't be wrong when cheering for the Swedes. The one and only Russian that won the nation over is your goalie. Not only is he exceptional and a pleasure to watch, he comes across as a genuinely nice kid. You have a gem here and the stands should be full every night to enjoy watching him. Talk about a building block to build a memorial cup contender around. Having said that, I'm still looking forward to the Raiders scoring a bunch on him.

JMoney1988
01-06-2012, 10:14 AM
My mistake Trav, well, I hope everyone gives Marakov a standing O, he was the only russian that deserves a medal last night.........

Trav
01-06-2012, 02:40 PM
My mistake Trav, well, I hope everyone gives Marakov a standing O, he was the only russian that deserves a medal last night.........

Totally agree

lordstanley
01-06-2012, 02:43 PM
Totally agree

Hell yeah Makky deserves it he has been making headlines all over north america

He is the type of guy who could steal us a series or 2 and lead us further in the playoffs this season than last season, with a stacked team we had

JMoney1988
01-07-2012, 08:13 AM
So guys, would you start him tonight? I say if he good to go put him in, plus when our is up and down right now, it would be nice to have someone steal a game

JMoney1988
01-07-2012, 08:16 AM
Hell yeah Makky deserves it he has been making headlines all over north america

He is the type of guy who could steal us a series or 2 and lead us further in the playoffs this season than last season, with a stacked team we had

Plus he is the top goalie in the draft, would prefer to see him go to a canadian team though

Trav
01-07-2012, 12:42 PM
So guys, would you start him tonight? I say if he good to go put him in, plus when our is up and down right now, it would be nice to have someone steal a game

I'd start Makarov, I'm sure he's anxious to get back in to the action, going to be interesting to see who the backup is once the deadline is over.

saskatoonblades123
01-07-2012, 02:39 PM
Plus he is the top goalie in the draft, would prefer to see him go to a canadian team though

He is not the top goalie in the draft....

He will be lucky to get picked in the first three rounds, even after his great performance.

The guy he started ahead of in the gold medal game, vasilevski, will get taken well ahead of Makarov in the draft...

JMoney1988
01-07-2012, 04:57 PM
Well, he ranked number 1 among goalies in the upcoming draft or so tsn says....