PDA

View Full Version : Pats acquired Luke Fenske from the Giants according to RP's blog...

Trav
01-06-2012, 07:44 PM
for a 3rd round pick.

dubfanman
01-06-2012, 07:53 PM
[QUOTE=Trav;176248]for a 3rd round pick.[/QUOTE

this is a great deal for the Pats!
A good kid with size and loads of potential

patsdude114
01-06-2012, 10:10 PM
I think this trade is to balance out the D abit cuz Jobke is going to get dealt. Jobke is going to be the player to bring in a quality 17yr old prospect.

I could be like whlking & say where he is going but im not that ballsy & i want to keep my creditability on this site :P

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
01-06-2012, 10:34 PM
I think this trade is to balance out the D abit cuz Jobke is going to get dealt. Jobke is going to be the player to bring in a quality 17yr old prospect.

I sincerely doubt he is a Jobke replacement. Jobke is our #2 defenceman, while this guy will be a depth addition or something.

They needed a '93 defenceman regardless if they buy or sell.

patsdude114
01-06-2012, 11:07 PM
I didn't say he was Jobke's replacement, Lang wants a 17yr old prospect & if he isn't getting it from trading Weal, Jobke will be the guy to go. Fenske has 116games played in the WHL in a very good hockey program in Vancouver. Unless we see Zimbulak sent down before Monday one would think its cuz something else is in the mixing bowl reguarding 1 of our Dmen be it Davidson or Jobke.

Like it or not Jobke is a wanted guy prob more so then Weal cuz of a lot less of a price tag. The defense has been playing great as of late, & with Underwood still hurt & knowing he is coming back within 2 weeks (3weeks at most) it gives us the flexability to move Jobke.

I hope he stays too but with him in the mix & our other top 5 Dmen all being 19 or 20 it definately makes u think there is a trade in thr process. As of right now Fenske moves into our top 6 & bumps Burroughs/Peel to the 7th/8th Dmen our top 6 all have over 100 games under there belt or very close to it.

lordstanley
01-06-2012, 11:10 PM
I sincerely doubt he is a Jobke replacement. Jobke is our #2 defenceman, while this guy will be a depth addition or something.

They needed a '93 defenceman regardless if they buy or sell.

There you go again SAJ you ruin a pefect post by patsdude and try to fix it up why ?

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
01-06-2012, 11:29 PM
what on earth are you talking about?

patsdude114
01-07-2012, 12:09 AM
Looking at our defense after this trade.......

here is out top 6 as of right now

Davidson team captain hands down our best Dman 173gp
Bidlevskii our most defensive Dman & shot block leader 286gp
Jobke great two-way Dman who skates very well 161gp
Underwood big strong Dman makes a good 1st pass 178gp
Blidstrand playing his best (in his career) since Underwood got hurt 99gp
Fenske 116gp in a very strong hockey program in Vancouver

If Lang kept all 6 of these guys where is the ice time for Peel & Burroughs to still develop? Burroughs does not look out of place at all as a 16yr old on our blueline, im going out on a limb to say that Burroughs still plays 75% of the games remaining, but where is the ice for him if all these guys are kept??

Which makes me believe that Jobke is the guy to be moved now. Jobke will bring in that 17yr old prospect forward that Lang wants also look for Olstad's days to be numbered in a Pats jersey now too as there will need to be a roster spot open for this 17yr old coming our way.

This is just my opinion & look on our current set of defensemen & if u look at the numbers/players it makes alot of sense to move Jobke now.

TC is in need of a more offensive Dman they lack scoring from the backend Jobke would be there highest scoring Dman if he was moved there with his 22pts (that just shows on a team like TC how badly they need an offensive minded guy) maybe a guy like Rankin may need to throw in abit of a prospect of our own for Rankin but he would be a guy that could step in right away & help our offense.

Kamloops could be a team as well looking to add alittle more offense to the backend maybe with a guy like Souto coming back.

MJ is in need of an offensive guy as well since losing Rielly for the year but i doubt the Pats help them out at all, no matter what they wanna give up.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
01-07-2012, 12:25 AM
Underwood is out for a few weeks, so the kids will get their minutes.

It is possible that Lang might just send Zimbaluk down or something to round out the number.

patsdude114
01-07-2012, 12:30 AM
I didnt even include Zimbaluk in my list of players on the backend cuz he is at the bottom of the depth chart easy. I was talking with Underwood tonite he is expecting to be back by the end of the month if not slightly sooner.

Once Underwood is back there is no minutes for Burroughs or Peel, at best Burroughs, Peel & Blidstrand would be routating in & out of the line up that is not enough minutes for either Burroughs or Peel.

Im just saying the odds of trading Jobke are alot higher now with the addition of Fenske, it wouldnt surprise me that tonite was Jobke's last game as a Pat, the way Lang likes to make moves prior to trade deadline, but would be nice to have him for tomorrow nites game.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
01-07-2012, 12:54 AM
Look, I cant say that you are wrong because I dont know...but it just doesnt seem smart considering how important he is to this team's success, and how recent we acquired him.

I guess its possible if the price is right...but if Im trading a top defenceman(which I dont really want to), its Davidson. We would get more coming back, and Jobke has a chance of returning the next year.

Of course, its all moot. They might just move Blidstrand if they even move anybody at all. The young guys will get their ice, but we need depth if we want to reach the post season, and perhaps succeed in the post season.

Johnny Table
01-07-2012, 12:08 PM
My guess is that Peel will be the guy to go

witness
01-07-2012, 02:27 PM
Weal/Davidson are not being shopped, but Lang will listen to offers. It will have to be a blockbuster without a doubt.

Jobke is being shopped. Which was the original plan when they acquired him this fall. They wanted to give the younger guys a chance to break into the league.

I don't think that Peel is going anywhere, right now. Might be something they look at in the spring/summer.

The Pats have some good depth on D. Underwood can slip into the 2nd/3rd spot with Burroughs moving into the 5th sport.