PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Sundher traded to Brandon...

trojan97
01-09-2012, 06:04 PM
Details to follow shortly.. ***Hearing it's for 2 players and the higher of Brandon's 2 first rounders***

Will confirm when I hear more. Mod's can PM for my sources if needed.

Official: Sundher to Brandon for Fransoo/Conroy/1st rounder.

Rye
01-09-2012, 06:32 PM
Heard the same except what's coming from Brandon's end (Forward/Defenseman). Will not post though per request of the player.

Big pickup up front, will be interesting to see what happens the next while.

patsdude114
01-09-2012, 06:40 PM
If this is infact true looks like Brandon is trying to win games 8-7 again like they did when they hosted the Memorial Cup & we all know how well that turned out for them.

They will definately be a highly offensive team with Sundher but depending what is given up it may hurt there chances of adding a reliable Dman &/or goalie which is needed alot more then more offense.

Sttop
01-09-2012, 06:43 PM
Def a good insight if this comes true as no other info has materialized lol

scruffy1
01-09-2012, 06:44 PM
I guess this means KM is going for it. Who will thr 2 ten-d*e+s

Going for it? Who will be the 2 tenders?
Can't see going without a name tender coming.

-

dubfanman
01-09-2012, 06:59 PM
thread to be delted in 5....

assuming not accurate?

lordstanley
01-09-2012, 07:03 PM
I will believe it when i see it this could be whlking under a diff user name just pulling our legs member last time he got gm's and all twitter people

mjw22
01-09-2012, 07:03 PM
assuming not accurate?

Scoring isn't their problem defence and goaltending is. Couldn't see why KM would get Sundher at those prices.

Rye
01-09-2012, 07:04 PM
It's a real trade haha it's waiting approval I suppose? Players involved have been informed.

lordstanley
01-09-2012, 07:08 PM
How about a lock instead so when this breaks everywhere else you can unlock it and apologize to me. "lol"

Sorry you looked like a newbie and typed like a false whlking guy i admitt i am wrong good job landing sundher

Your team looks better than moose jaw now if you could land pickard you guys ould make a serious run

lordstanley
01-09-2012, 07:25 PM
Trojan any idea when a announcement is coming ? just curious is all any sources ?

lordstanley
01-09-2012, 07:30 PM
Oh well maybe he disapeared lol

Rye
01-09-2012, 07:30 PM
Some people don't live on these forums like you do. Chill out.

trojan97
01-09-2012, 07:36 PM
Trojan any idea when a announcement is coming ? just curious is all any sources ?

I have no clue about an announcement, sorry.

I'm not trying to sound like a big shot inside source here guys. My info is solid, you can take it for what it is. I just thought I'd share it with the board.

lordstanley
01-09-2012, 07:38 PM
Some people don't live on these forums like you do. Chill out.

Sorry Rye im still getting over from whlkings Trade that sent Pickard to Brandon this guy sounds so much alike

CdnSailor
01-09-2012, 07:40 PM
I have no clue about an announcement, sorry.

I'm not trying to sound like a big shot inside source here guys. My info is solid, you can take it for what it is. I just thought I'd share it with the board.

Check your message board

Rye
01-09-2012, 07:49 PM
Sorry Rye im still getting over from whlkings Trade that sent Pickard to Brandon this guy sounds so much alike

Nah, trojan is legit, definitely not the same guy.

chalk_one_up
01-09-2012, 07:53 PM
Aww, the message board police deleted my post. :(

This Message board is serious business. Super-serious

lordstanley
01-09-2012, 07:56 PM
Aww, the message board police deleted my post. :(

This Message board is serious business. Super-serious

It will be fine if we don't turn this into the yuck board aka the white board

lordstanley
01-09-2012, 07:56 PM
Nah, trojan is legit, definitely not the same guy.

Ok rye i guess it's legit then thank you :clap:

Western Elite
01-09-2012, 08:00 PM
Pirate is on this board....Don't worry about that.

If you are worried about certain posters.....perhaps you are in the wrong place.

pontcanna
01-09-2012, 08:02 PM
Royals official Facebook page, as of 1800 hours Pacific

Victoria Royals Hockey Club
Kevin Sundher traded to Brandon... more info shortly...
about a minute ago ·

Western Elite
01-09-2012, 08:02 PM
http://www.wheatkings.com/article/wheat-kings-add-all-star-center

Done deal.

the Royal Flush
01-09-2012, 08:03 PM
I can only pray we get at least a goalie or a Dman.

rednex50
01-09-2012, 08:05 PM
http://www.wheatkings.com/article/wheat-kings-add-all-star-center

Western Elite
01-09-2012, 08:06 PM
Jan 09, 2012
Brandon, MB. – The Brandon Wheat Kings have completed a blockbuster Western Hockey League trade on the eve of the Western Hockey League Trade Deadline.

Wheat Kings’ general manager Kelly McCrimmon has announced the acquisition of 19-year old all star center Kevin Sundher from the Victoria Royals in exchange for 18-year old defenceman Jordan Fransoo, 17-year old left-winger Dakota Conroy and a 1st round pick in the 2012 WHL Bantam Draft.

A third round draft choice (75th overall) of the National Hockey League’s Buffalo Sabres, the Surrey, B.C. native is currently seventh in the WHL scoring race with 22 goals and 64 points in forty games with the Royals. The seventh overall selection in the 2007 Western League Bantam Draft, Sundher arrives in Brandon having scored 90 goals and 240 points in 254 career games.

In addition to being the Royals' (Chilliwack Bruins) franchise scoring leader, the 6’ 192 lb. Sundher is second in games played, three behind Jeff Einhorn’s 257.

“It’s been a crazy day,” says Sundher, who signed an NHL Entry Level contract with the Sabres earlier this season. “The team was just heading out for the prairies and I was pulled off the bus and told about the trade. I play to win and I'm looking forward to joining a team that has a chance to go far."

“Kevin is a dynamic offensive player, who possesses great speed,” says McCrimmon. “We feel that this acquisition will really have an impact on our team...he will complement our top players well.”

A seventh round draft choice of the Ottawa Senators, Fransoo was in his second season with the Wheat Kings. In 41 games this season, the North Battleford product had two goals and 11 points. In 104 career games in Brandon, the 6’3” 190 lb blueliner has eight goals and 29 points, while accumulating 105 minutes in penalties.

A third round bantam draft choice of the Wheat Kings in 2009, Conroy has four goals and eight points in 37 games in this, his rookie season in the WHL.

“In Fransoo, we dealt from a position of strength...we need to open up ice time for both Ayrton (Nikkel) and Dylan (Kuczek),” says McCrimmon. “Dakota is a good young player that we were very reluctant to include in this deal. We project that he will develop into a top six forward in our league. We wish both players good luck in Victoria.”

"With the first round pick, we were fortunate to have both our own and Saskatoons from last year's Brayden Schenn deal," said McCrimmon.

Sundher hopes to arrive in Brandon on Tuesday and the Wheat Kings plan to have him in the lineup on Wednesday when they kick off a 3-game home stand against the visiting Saskatoon Blades. The WHL Trade Deadline is 4pm CST Tuesday

chalk_one_up
01-09-2012, 08:07 PM
Waay too much for half a season. The team needs to stop the puck now and until they address that, this trade is a moot one.

Rye
01-09-2012, 08:08 PM
Waay too much for half a season. The team needs to stop the puck now and until they address that, this trade is a moot one.

Oh I don't know. If you score more goals than your opponent, you win.

:p

MJ Fan
01-09-2012, 08:09 PM
Makes braes look like a steal

mjw22
01-09-2012, 08:14 PM

no doubt unless they fix their d and goalie situation they will still be a 1 line team hoping to win 8-7

wheatiesfan
01-09-2012, 08:17 PM

It was a hefty price but wheaties are deep in defencemen. I dont think Kelly is finished dealing either.

Western Elite
01-09-2012, 08:17 PM

Not really! Brandon had an extra first rounder that they received from Saskatoon last year in the Schenn deal. Conroy and Fransoo are not "ELITE LEVEL" prospects either. They are what I'd call "B LEVEL" prospects.

pensfan87
01-09-2012, 08:20 PM
sounds like a couple warrior fans a little worried and wishing they had landed sundher and not settled for braes! and I to would have to agree that kelly has got some more deals in the works

mjw22
01-09-2012, 08:24 PM
It was a hefty price but wheaties are deep in defencemen. I dont think Kelly is finished dealing either.

Deep in d men maybe you should be playing them lol prices are up this year

dubfanman
01-09-2012, 08:27 PM

Nikkel will get a ton of ice on the blueline now!

mjw22
01-09-2012, 08:31 PM
Nikkel will get a ton of ice on the blueline now!

thought he was a forward :) If he gets the ice time you'll be able to see if he as good a dman as we hear. Sundher helps offence but with that young d led by Melynchuk and a goalie with a busted hand ? I think you're still behind MJ Edm even Reg

dubfanman
01-09-2012, 08:33 PM
thought he was a forward :) If he gets the ice time you'll be able to see if he as good a dman as we hear.

He is .... better

chalk_one_up
01-09-2012, 08:33 PM

Deep = not enough time for all the defenseman in the system/organization. Hence why Kuczek and Nikkel weren't getting regular time.

patsdude114
01-09-2012, 08:38 PM
a very nice deal for the WKs but it still doesnt fix there need of defense &/or a goaltender... & even traded away 1 of there Dmen as well who logs solid ice.

mjw22
01-09-2012, 08:41 PM
a very nice deal for the WKs but it still doesnt fix there need of defense &/or a goaltender... & even traded away 1 of there Dmen as well who logs solid ice.

Maybe KM is going to flip him for Pickard :)

The Wheatiemaniac
01-09-2012, 08:41 PM
Sorry you looked like a newbie and typed like a false whlking guy i admitt i am wrong good job landing sundher

Your team looks better than moose jaw now if you could land pickard you guys ould make a serious run

I heard it from Luber so it's legit. I would believe things are just getting started. I'm praying that Simpson or Pickard are next to come. Actually hoping for Simpson. I agree that this is a sign that KM is prepared to load up this year. The thing with scoring depth of this magnitude is that it ups your puck possession and your offensive zone pressure. I know we can use a top flight goalie, but yes patsdude, for once I will agree with you, an upgrade on defence would also be a real priority if we are indeed going all out.

Wheatie Pete
01-09-2012, 08:45 PM
no doubt unless they fix their d and goalie situation they will still be a 1 line team hoping to win 8-7

Ferland Sundher Stone
Dryzinsky(sp?) Walker Bertaggia
Seaman Asham Meuller

I think those are VERY solid lines
Nothing MJ can match. Our 2nd line will be better than your 1st.

AGGREED on the goalie situation, still have lots of time for a trade for a goalie. It's a buyers market. If Everett or Seattle want anything for the future, the time is now. Honey and our other 1st round pick will get us a goalie.
I think our d-man can hold up for us.

lordstanley
01-09-2012, 08:51 PM
Ferland Sundher Stone
Seaman Asham Meuller

AGGREED on the goalie situation, still have lots of time for a trade for a goalie. It's a buyers market. If Everett or Seattle want anything for the future, the time is now. Honey and our other 1st round pick will get us a goalie.
I think our d-man can hold up for us.

Good job on your lines they still don't scare me lol Makarov down the stretch will stop them all

wheatiesfan
01-09-2012, 08:55 PM
Good job on your lines they still don't scare me lol Makarov down the stretch will stop them all

How healthy is he after his collision the other night?:bounce:

The Wheatiemaniac
01-09-2012, 08:56 PM

I have heard 2 different stories about his injury. I hear 1 week, then I heard 1 month. Which is it closer to?

mjw22
01-09-2012, 09:00 PM
Ferland Sundher Stone
Seaman Asham Meuller

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D wow you're funny still wont be able to keep puck out of your net and if you match up against a good goalie you're done . Ask toon town what happened in Kootenay. You now look similar to last years blades . MJ Edm still better TEAMS imo

Joe Hallenback
01-09-2012, 09:02 PM
Lots of scared fans in this thread already :)

I called Sundhar over a week ago as they wanted to add another Center.

Next is a D man

booboo
01-09-2012, 09:02 PM
Good trade---did not give up much--except 1st round pick---Need to get a goalie and watch out----How about Owsley from PG---20 yr old---would not have to give up as much as Pickard or Simpson---trade Melnychuck for Owsley and spice up the offer----everyone is happy. May include Anderson and /or Honey and get shut down d-man as well. Go Kelly go. Glad to see the WK have realized that a run this year will not set us back too long---best propects:clap: still in tact.

dubfanman
01-09-2012, 09:04 PM
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D wow you're funny still wont be able to keep puck out of your net and if you match up against a good goalie you're done . Ask toon town what happened in Kootenay. You now look similar to last years blades . MJ Edm still better TEAMS imo

A goalie is absolutely essential or this will look like a minor version of the 2011 Blade disaster, popularly known as Molleken's folly! :p

scruffy1
01-09-2012, 09:04 PM
Good deal for Fransoo. He will get a chance to play a much bigger roll in Victoria. They must see him as the best they were offered. All the best to him.

lordstanley
01-09-2012, 09:06 PM
I have heard 2 different stories about his injury. I hear 1 week, then I heard 1 month. Which is it closer to?

More like a couple days kid is a russian trooper he may even be ready nex game

Boltz9
01-09-2012, 09:11 PM
Don't mind the trade, but I think this teams problems all have to do with their systems/coaching. They consistently have trouble in their own end and can never get the puck out which leads to them giving up a ton of goals. Would like to see them land Simpson, but to be honest I dont think it would make a massive difference when they play the way they do in their own end, just my opinion.

mjw22
01-09-2012, 09:11 PM
Lots of scared fans in this thread already :)

I called Sundhar over a week ago as they wanted to add another Center.

Next is a D man

Good call but don't think anyone above you in the standings is losing sleep looking in the rear view mirror. :)

The Wheatiemaniac
01-09-2012, 09:14 PM
A goalie is absolutely essential or this will look like a minor version of the 2011 Blade disaster, popularly known as Molleken's folly! :p

because he probably is confident that he can make more deals. I doubt KM thinks this was all we needed. I pray Simpson is next, followed by another D man to shore up the depth. I would not be surprised if he flips Mraz for another import who can score. It wouldn't shock anyone, I don't think, if Mraz is released by tomorrow afternoon. He has not exactly set the world on fire.

the Royal Flush
01-09-2012, 09:17 PM
you guys are gonna like Sundher...with a couple of talented wingers the net will fill up quick...

booboo
you're pretty cocky for a team that has Beach who will implode during the playoffs and cause you guys a lot of grief. Besides what have you done lately? Wish in one hand and sh** in the other.:evil:

sbtatter
It's a good deal in light of the East being so close this year, combined with our relative draft strength from the Schenn deal. Fransoo is an Aulie light, and Conroy is a big forward who hasn't developed a scoring touch yet. I just hope we keep a hold of Pulock, Roy, Nikkel, Seaman, Asham, Papirny and Hawerlyk, ensuring we'll be just fine in the next 2 - 3 years!
Best of luck to the 2 traded players, Victoria should be a nice place to call home.

Joe Hallenback
Maybe he flips Mraz,Honey,Melnychuk to PG for Marancin and Oswley

Joe Hallenback
01-09-2012, 09:19 PM
Also I am just glad I have a GM that wants to win every year instead of one always looking to the future and never getting their

Better to have loved and lost then never to have loved before :groovy:

sbtatter
01-09-2012, 09:27 PM

If he could pull that off we should give him the keys to the city!!!!!

Joe Hallenback
01-09-2012, 09:33 PM
If he could pull that off we should give him the keys to the city!!!!!

I am hearing this could be a possibility but it might not be Melnychuk but Ciarelli who goes the other way and you might see Kuzcek and perhaps one of our 16 year olds go as well.

That would be huge imo. Marancin is elite level defender and Oswley is a rock

mjw22
01-09-2012, 09:36 PM
you're pretty cocky for a team that has Beach who will implode during the playoffs and cause you guys a lot of grief. Besides what have you done lately? Wish in one hand and sh** in the other.:evil:

Hey Hows Yogi have you ever posted anything of substance on here ? What have the WK done got in MEM cup back door got beat 9-3 5-1 bombed in the final 9-1 I would say thats S**t in both hands . :groovy::groovy::groovy::groovy:

Joe Hallenback
01-09-2012, 09:38 PM
Hey Hows Yogi have you ever posted anything of substance on here ? What have the WK done got in MEM cup back door got beat 9-3 5-1 bombed in the final 9-1 I would say thats S**t in both hands . :groovy::groovy::groovy::groovy:

That is all you got? Why do people from teams who haven't had a sniff in ages post stuff like this?

Give your headashake bud and maybe when the Warriors do something other then lose you can talk :rolleyes:

The Wheatiemaniac
01-09-2012, 09:38 PM

great idea but both OA's. That would mean Ciarelli would go too, not that I mind that. I hope McCrimmon finds a few diamonds in the rough to do some scoring on the third line. What we need on the back end is a guy like Josh Caron in Everett. Here's hoping he's part of the deal. He's a big physical D man. One thing we need to do is get meaner. Guys aren't scared to play us. We need to make them scared.

booboo
01-09-2012, 09:39 PM
I am hearing this could be a possibility but it might not be Melnychuk but Ciarelli who goes the other way and you might see Kuzcek and perhaps one of our 16 year olds go as well.

That would be huge imo. Marancin is elite level defender and Oswley is a rock

How many goalies do you think we need? We need to send a gpoalie their way in a trade like this. Honey, Ciarelli, Kuczek, and maybe a prospect for Owsley and Marincin--could include Mraz in that deal--if not see if there are any takers?? Otherwise---goodbye Bruno

Joe Hallenback
01-09-2012, 09:40 PM
Pretty sure we will see 1 or 2 more moves tomorrow. They are going for it and need to add.

Next year might be a rough one but I thought that last year and we were still better then most

Joe Hallenback
01-09-2012, 09:40 PM
How many goalies do you think we need? We need to send a gpoalie their way in a trade like this. Honey, Ciarelli, Kuczek, and maybe a prospect for Owsley and Marincin--could include Mraz in that deal--if not see if there are any takers?? Otherwise---goodbye Bruno

Who knows they could move Anderson again for a pick or maybe Boes is out longer then we know

The Wheatiemaniac
01-09-2012, 09:51 PM
Who knows they could move Anderson again for a pick or maybe Boes is out longer then we know

will stick around I think. I believe he is part of next years plans. Anderson could be serviceable to Everett til season's end in a package if Simpson is the one coming our way. He is the veteran we need the least, next to Melnychuk.

lordstanley
01-09-2012, 09:57 PM
I will still say i am not scared of this team good pick up though :D

Trevor
01-09-2012, 09:58 PM
great idea but both OA's. That would mean Ciarelli would go too, not that I mind that. I hope McCrimmon finds a few diamonds in the rough to do some scoring on the third line. What we need on the back end is a guy like Josh Caron in Everett. Here's hoping he's part of the deal. He's a big physical D man. One thing we need to do is get meaner. Guys aren't scared to play us. We need to make them scared.

Marincin is a '92.

The Wheatiemaniac
01-09-2012, 10:09 PM
I will still say i am not scared of this team good pick up though :D

is the next big fish I guess. Word is that Hamilton want about half the protected list of any team that wants Bulmer. Maybe he was hypnotized into thinking he was Kevin Parker.

We still have alot of assets in hand, including Saskatoon's first pick in the import draft. We look better than we did 2 hours ago, but I'm quite intrigued as to what we will look like at this time tomorrow. One thing about McCrimmon, if he wants something, he usually finds a way to get it.

Go Kelly Go!!!!!

mjw22
01-09-2012, 10:10 PM
That is all you got? Why do people from teams who haven't had a sniff in ages post stuff like this?

Give your headashake bud and maybe when the Warriors do something other then lose you can talk :rolleyes:

OH great one please inform me what wk have won don't see any MEM cup banners in your building.:D 0 for 3 I do believe and 2nd and silver matter about the same. If we don't win this year maybe with our new rink we could buy our way in.:)

The Wheatiemaniac
01-09-2012, 10:11 PM
Marincin is a '92.

Someone mentioned he was an OA. That would be awesome.

booboo
01-09-2012, 10:20 PM
OH great one please inform me what wk have won don't see any MEM cup banners in your building.:D 0 for 3 I do believe and 2nd and silver matter about the same. If we don't win this year maybe with our new rink we could buy our way in.:)

You're one yappy mouth aren't you---look at the facts---the Jaw boys have accomplished squat since Winnipeg moved there a century ago. Granted I think you guys have a very good team this year but I wouldn't be afraid to match the WK against your team. Leave your yapping until you have actually accomplished something. Nuff said.:groovy:

mjw22
01-09-2012, 10:25 PM
You're one yappy mouth aren't you---look at the facts---the Jaw boys have accomplished squat since Winnipeg moved there a century ago. Granted I think you guys have a very good team this year but I wouldn't be afraid to match the WK against your team. Leave your yapping until you have actually accomplished something. Nuff said.:groovy:

Again what exactly have WK accomplished do you and Joe hassleback know something the rest of the hockey world doesn't. You two talk like WK have won something and are now going to win it again .:D

Trevor
01-09-2012, 10:30 PM

Yes, there aren't any Memorial Cup banners hanging from the rafters at Westman Place. But since the Warriors moved to MJ, there's been 8 division banners, 4 conference champions banners, and 1 league championship banner. That's a lot more than the Warriors 2 division and 1 conference banners.

I'm not trying to start sh*t either, and I see your point. But the fact is that the Warriors have won the exact same number of Mem cups as the Wheat Kings have.

The Wheatiemaniac
01-09-2012, 10:31 PM

your new rink is not big enough to host the Mem Cup. You would need about another 1000 or so seats to "buy" your way in.

What we didn't have in 2010 for the Mem Cup simply was not available.

When it is, there is no one better at getting it than Kelly McCrimmon. Not saying we are going to get every top name, or that we will win the league. But I believe you in MJ are all but done dealing. We are just beginning. MJ isn't the only ones with a well stocked cupboard.

Joe Hallenback
01-09-2012, 10:33 PM
Jealous of our GM and his ability to put a quality team on the ice year after year for the past 20 years.

The thing is none of the Wheat Kings fans on this board slag any other teams. Why? We don't have too we know we have a great franchise already.

lordstanley
01-09-2012, 10:37 PM
Last thing you and the Warriors need to worry about is each other the Blades wont make any moves and crwl up ans pass you all Blades will be the Kootenay of last year not expected to go far but do even if they don't get the 6th i would be scared of the 6th seed it always does good just look back

PPatsFFan
01-09-2012, 10:37 PM
You guys seem like little kids fighting. Hard to argue with Brandons success over the past 20... hell even 30 years. Moose Jaw has a dam good organization as well. I believe KM and Brandon stand alone in the east however. His record speaks for himself.

Secondly that is a big pick up. I watched Sundher (? not sure how to spell his name) but he looked dam good in Regina at the Russia challenge. Brandon is going to be very explosive offensively. If they get a goalie they are going to be real tough to beat. Moose Jaw will be lucky to see the second round.

mjw22
01-09-2012, 10:38 PM
Yes, there aren't any Memorial Cup banners hanging from the rafters at Westman Place. But since the Warriors moved to MJ, there's been 8 division banners, 4 conference champions banners, and 1 league championship banner. That's a lot more than the Warriors 2 division and 1 conference banners.

I'm not trying to start sh*t either, and I see your point. But the fact is that the Warriors have won the exact same number of Mem cups as the Wheat Kings have.

Exactly my point until you have a Memorial cup banner in the rafters the rest are just window dressing.

your new rink is not big enough to host the Mem Cup. You would need about another 1000 or so seats to "buy" your way in.

What we didn't have in 2010 for the Mem Cup simply was not available.

When it is, there is no one better at getting it than Kelly McCrimmon. Not saying we are going to get every top name, or that we will win the league. But I believe you in MJ are all but done dealing. We are just beginning. MJ isn't the only ones with a well stocked cupboard.

Some of you on this site are starting to sound like blades fans last year and you know how well that turned out . :groovy:

lordstanley
01-09-2012, 10:43 PM
Exactly my point until you have a Memorial cup banner in the rafters the rest are just window dressing.

Some of you on this site are starting to sound like blades fans last year and you know how well that turned out . :groovy:

I would love to see a choke peat

sbtatter
01-09-2012, 10:44 PM
I would love to see a choke peat

You want to see the Blades choke again?

The Wheatiemaniac
01-09-2012, 10:44 PM

right now, we are all standing in the same buffet line eyeing up the same big piece of prime rib. The backroom chefs will decide tomorrow who gets what. nothing else is likely to happen tonight.

In the words of rock legend Pat Travers, "Boom Boom, out go the lights".

mjw22
01-09-2012, 10:45 PM
Jealous of our GM and his ability to put a quality team on the ice year after year for the past 20 years.

The thing is none of the Wheat Kings fans on this board slag any other teams. Why? We don't have too we know we have a great franchise already.

Joe better read WK posts before you get to yappy about slagging.Hey Joe did you know since Warriors moved to MJ the WK have missed the play offs 8 times same number as us. :)

booboo
01-09-2012, 10:54 PM
Joe better read WK posts before you get to yappy about slagging.

go troll on your own site

Trevor
01-09-2012, 10:55 PM
Last thing you and the Warriors need to worry about is each other the Blades wont make any moves and crwl up ans pass you all Blades will be the Kootenay of last year not expected to go far but do even if they don't get the 6th i would be scared of the 6th seed it always does good just look back

Wheat Kings were 6th seed last year, and things didn't go too well.

Much like the Wheat Kings, I believe the Blades have a better team than their recent play would suggest. While I believe catching Moose Jaw, although not impossible would be a hard task for either team, I do think that both Saskatoon and Brandon have the potential to climb into the top 4 and get home ice for the first round. The tightness of the east is the beauty of this season. That there is only 6 points seperating 3rd from 8th is going to make for some insanely exciting, and incredibly important hockey in the coming 2 1/2 months.

wheatiesfan
01-09-2012, 11:01 PM
right now, we are all standing in the same buffet line eyeing up the same big piece of prime rib. The backroom chefs will decide tomorrow who gets what. nothing else is likely to happen tonight.

In the words of rock legend Pat Travers, "Boom Boom, out go the lights".

I thought that song referred to when Ferland ***** slaps Beach. lol

mjw22
01-09-2012, 11:04 PM
I thought that song referred to when Ferland ***** slaps Beach. lol

Could be what fans are singing to ya in the play offs :)

PPatsFFan
01-09-2012, 11:06 PM
I'm happy for Wheatiemaniac. He NEEDED this!

sbtatter
01-09-2012, 11:09 PM

If it's in the conference finals it won't sting so hard as it would in the 1st round!

The Wheatiemaniac
01-09-2012, 11:35 PM

someone is feeling the walls closing in on them.

The Wheatiemaniac
01-09-2012, 11:37 PM
I'm happy for Wheatiemaniac. He NEEDED this!

gee thanks......I'm very happy too, aren't you?

mjw22
01-09-2012, 11:39 PM

I think not maniac. Those who make the most noise usually have the least to crow about (see blades 2010-11 ). :) let the games begin. :)

wheatiesfan
01-09-2012, 11:43 PM

If Kelly pulls off another biggie tomorrow, some Warrior fans might be running to jump off the nearest wagon rut. :bounce:

mjw22
01-09-2012, 11:49 PM
If Kelly pulls off another biggie tomorrow, some Warrior fans might be running to jump off the nearest wagon rut. :bounce:

and if he doesn't maniac will be leading WK fans off the cliff .:)

The Wheatiemaniac
01-09-2012, 11:54 PM

we have no cliffs. But we did just tapped into the Sundher Thunder.

But what I'm waiting for is for fans from other East Division teams, after being sure for so long that they were getting him, to say that he's really not that good anyway. I'm simply happy my teams fortunes are now shooting for the moon.

wheatiesfan
01-09-2012, 11:54 PM

Its been a pleasure dissing you. Might see you again tomorrow. :clown:

mjw22
01-09-2012, 11:59 PM
we have no cliffs. But we did just tapped into the Sundher Thunder.

But what I'm waiting for is for fans from other East Division teams, after being sure for so long that they were getting him, to say that he's really not that good anyway. I'm simply happy my teams fortunes are now shooting for the moon.

No maniac most other east div fans differ from you we know Sundher is a good player and don't feel the need to trash him. You are so far from being original or relevant it's funny . You copped the thunder bit off Vic site how lame. Or shooting themselves in the foot. :o

The Wheatiemaniac
01-10-2012, 12:12 AM
No maniac most other east div fans differ from you we know Sundher is a good player and don't feel the need to trash him. You are so far from being original or relevant it's funny . You copped the thunder bit off Vic site how lame. Or shooting themselves in the foot. :o

And he's ours now.

Rye
01-10-2012, 12:22 AM
I don't believe they're going to trade for another goalie. Boes is around a couple weeks away from being back and you'd have to assume they'll go back to him with the way things have been going recently, unless either Anderson or Honey steps up consistently right away.

I think KM will be looking to upgrade on the blueline now. Whether he is able to get it done or not we'll see.

WHLFANMAN
01-10-2012, 01:07 AM
Again what exactly have WK accomplished do you and Joe hassleback know something the rest of the hockey world doesn't. You two talk like WK have won something and are now going to win it again .:D

OH MAN! I have to say, not prone to babble, your freaking shaking in your boots!:eek: The trade is a great step in the right direction but still work to be done.:karate: And your infactuation with Maniac is touching!:rolleyes:
Sorry couldn't sleep! LOL

mjw22
01-10-2012, 01:12 AM
OH MAN! I have to say, not prone to babble, your freaking shaking in your boots!:eek: The trade is a great step in the right direction but still work to be done.:karate: And your infactuation with Maniac is touching!:rolleyes:

Not shaking considering the holes WK need to fill. Somebody has to talk to him or he just goes posting all over the place. :)

The Wheatiemaniac
01-10-2012, 01:30 AM

Ya Geez, thanks for that. Now I won't be able to sleep either.

2fast
01-10-2012, 02:16 AM
Im defently not gonna bash either player because in my honest opion these trades are a wash ,both guys are legit goal scores they both average around 25 goals a season ,both guys throw the body ,both guys are minus players but both played on not so great teams over there career the only real diffrence of the two is braes drops the gloves quite a bit seems to be a decent middleweight .....both teams payed quite heavily for two rental players i honestly think its what either team does today that is gonna seperate them .......this is just a warrior fan trying to keep things honest and not looking through rose colored glasses .

PPatsFFan
01-10-2012, 04:26 AM
100 percent agree. Braes is a more complete player, this coming from someone who doesn't like the Warriors. Just being honest.

Joe Hallenback
01-10-2012, 07:02 AM
Joe better read WK posts before you get to yappy about slagging.Hey Joe did you know since Warriors moved to MJ the WK have missed the play offs 8 times same number as us. :)

Please you guys have never been a threat since forever. Its too bad you have to come here and post and pretend you have a quality franchise like the Wheaties. You wish you were as good as us but that isn't going to be the case.

Most of the people that post on these boards are pretty good about being honest when it comes to our team being real good year after year and being honest that we have 1 of the best GMs in the league.

When you guys get knocked out of the playoffs in the first round we can dig this thread up and have a good laugh :clap:

The Wheatiemaniac
01-10-2012, 09:29 AM
Im defently not gonna bash either player because in my honest opion these trades are a wash ,both guys are legit goal scores they both average around 25 goals a season ,both guys throw the body ,both guys are minus players but both played on not so great teams over there career the only real diffrence of the two is braes drops the gloves quite a bit seems to be a decent middleweight .....both teams payed quite heavily for two rental players i honestly think its what either team does today that is gonna seperate them .......this is just a warrior fan trying to keep things honest and not looking through rose colored glasses .

Today will determine who is truly prepared to go all out for this year and who has done all they're going to do. This one trade per side didn't put either one of our teams over the top. But in the Victoria news article, Sundher told the press that Kelly informed him that this year we are going for it. Today will indeed be a busy day.

sbtatter
01-10-2012, 09:43 AM
If we don't get a goalie or a shutdown D-man, we'll still go for it, but in the mid 80's Oilers run and gun style.....It'll be entertaining, but ultimately unsuccesful!!

Western Elite
01-10-2012, 09:45 AM
Just ask the Blades how run and gun worked last year?

It was probably the most entertaining regular season anyone has seen in a good many year's. However, come playoff time, hard work trumped talent and the were out early.

I could see Brandon winning a playoff series and then coming up against a defensive minded team like Moose Jaw, Kootenay or playing Edmonton and losing out quickly.;)

bwk45h29
01-10-2012, 09:56 AM
It will definitely be interesting to see who goes all in today, and even more interesting who brings it come playoff time. Here's to hoping KM has a couple more left in him today.

CdnSailor
01-12-2012, 07:07 PM
Suprised that Sundher was not much of a help against Saskatoon :eek:

WHLFANMAN
01-12-2012, 11:28 PM
Suprised that Sundher was not much of a help against Saskatoon :eek:

He had a presence. :cool: helped generate 37 shots, layed some body, killed some penalties. when he was on the ice you knew. It takes time to mesh.;)

The Wheatiemaniac
01-12-2012, 11:50 PM
He had a presence. :cool: helped generate 37 shots, layed some body, killed some penalties. when he was on the ice you knew. It takes time to mesh.;)

I have been saying that on here all day. The guy got off a plane, moved into a brand new household, then went to the rink and practiced with 2 linemates he had probably never even met before. There is a reason he is here. And that reason will become obvious to everyone sooner than later.

rednex50
01-13-2012, 10:33 AM
If he didn't have much of an impact, then why was he the radio broadcasts "Wheat King of the Game". He admitted he was gassed, just landed, moving into a new billet, game day practice, just meeting team and linemates (other than Mark Stone who he met at the World Junior Evaluation camp this past summer.

It is a lot to expect of ANYONE is just over 24 hours time frame...yet the Wheat Kings Broadcast couldn't have been more complimentary and excited every time he was out there.

If they were excited when he admitted he was "bagged", can you imagine their excitement level when he is the regular Sundher we in Chilliwack and now Victoria have witnessed?

The Wheatiemaniac
01-13-2012, 02:03 PM
If he didn't have much of an impact, then why was he the radio broadcasts "Wheat King of the Game". He admitted he was gassed, just landed, moving into a new billet, game day practice, just meeting team and linemates (other than Mark Stone who he met at the World Junior Evaluation camp this past summer.

It is a lot to expect of ANYONE is just over 24 hours time frame...yet the Wheat Kings Broadcast couldn't have been more complimentary and excited every time he was out there.

If they were excited when he admitted he was "bagged", can you imagine their excitement level when he is the regular Sundher we in Chilliwack and now Victoria have witnessed?

He had a whirlwind couple of days. The kid has talent coming out his ears. I am anxious to see him once he hits his stride. He is the kind of player that will make players around him better. When he does we will be an offensive weapon and a half. I'm glad we got him, there's a reason we got him. And as I've said the reasons will be painfully obvious to our opponents in very short order.

2fast
01-13-2012, 02:22 PM
here is an interesting read on the deadline day.
http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/jrhockey-buzzing-the-net/whl-won-lost-trade-deadline-014831662.html#more-5911

The Wheatiemaniac
01-13-2012, 02:59 PM
http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/jrhockey-buzzing-the-net/whl-won-lost-trade-deadline-014831662.html#more-5911

It wasn't that interesting. After the first round, we'll see who's dead and who isn't.

patsdude114
01-13-2012, 04:30 PM

theres a reason he writes for Yahoo sports & not something more meaningful lol

i really had to laugh at his Pats comment how was Lang suppose to move Weal when only 1 team contacted him about Weal cuz of where they sat in the standings, if the Pats had been in the WKs position in 8th im sure there would of been alot more calls & then Weal would of been traded.

west coast
02-04-2012, 08:09 PM
i am shocked to see that Kevin Sundher has not made a positive impact with the wheat kings, his stats suck, averaging a half point a game is not what the Brandon fans envisioned.He is like minus ten since with brandon and the team has been doing poorly since his arrival.Is it a chemistry factor ? i thought that Sundher would light it up with Brandon and they could be a dominating team in the East

booboo
02-04-2012, 08:23 PM
i am shocked to see that Kevin Sundher has not made a positive impact with the wheat kings, his stats suck, averaging a half point a game is not what the Brandon fans envisioned.He is like minus ten since with brandon and the team has been doing poorly since his arrival.Is it a chemistry factor ? i thought that Sundher would light it up with Brandon and they could be a dominating team in the East

Just the opposite--he looks lost out there--not a good trade unless he starts to light it up and help the WK make the playoffs---gave up 2 players and even worse a 1st round bantam pick(The wheats have 2 first rounders this year)

The Wheatiemaniac
02-05-2012, 08:40 AM
He has been nothing short of a disappointment. He came in with such fanfare, and has done nothing. We gave up a top 4 defenceman and one of next years top six forwards and a first rounder for a guy who has been a flat out bust. I, like many, thought he would make us into an offensive wrecking machine. Yet he has just fallen in line with the rest of the underachievers we have traded for this year(see: Dziurzinsky and Anderson).

There is always hope that he'll find his stride, but time is running out fast. He is nowhere near the player he was expected to be.

sbtatter
02-05-2012, 09:33 AM
He has been nothing short of a disappointment. He came in with such fanfare, and has done nothing. We gave up a top 4 defenceman and one of next years top six forwards and a first rounder for a guy who has been a flat out bust. I, like many, thought he would make us into an offensive wrecking machine. Yet he has just fallen in line with the rest of the underachievers we have traded for this year(see: Dziurzinsky and Anderson).

There is always hope that he'll find his stride, but time is running out fast. He is nowhere near the player he was expected to be.

Sundher is fast, but has no finesse, guile or hockey sense. I wouldn't be surprised to see him sent back to juniors as a 20. Trade was bad, but Conroy was a plug, a big forward who won't hit and can't score, so no loss. Fransoo was a steady d-men who we will miss, and of course the draft pick is the big mistake.

booboo
02-05-2012, 10:26 AM
Makes me wonder how he got all the points he did with Victoria?. He should give the WK a legitimate 2nd line with DD and Bertaggia. It,however, has not turned out that way as Sundher and DD have underachieved badly and Bertaggia is bagged--not used to tough travel and schedule of the WHL.He has lost a lot of his jump. Easy team to play against if you shut down Stone's line---which is tough to do when they're on but coaches are figuring a way. Classic one line team. The trades Kelly Mc has made did not turn out too well which is surprising given his track record. But all in all what really hurts is giving up the 1st round bantam pick. The players traded can be replaced easily enough. This has been a very frustrating year after watching the WK for years. Now I know what fans of some of the other teams like the Pats and Raiders have gone through over the last few years.:confused:

patsdude114
02-05-2012, 02:10 PM
Sundher is fast, but has no finesse, guile or hockey sense.

Ive always said he gets his chanes due to his speed alone, out West they dont have as many hard nosed bruiser type Dmen to keep a guy like Sundher in check, out in the East alot better Dmen on every team. Both Conferences play a totally different brand of hockey in the West its very wide open run n gun style, in the East its more chip & chase & wear teams down.

Sundher is not tough enough to battle it out in the East, or possibly he just doesnt like taking a back seat to Stone & Ferland where the offense isnt built around him. Either way he has been a bust & his play in the 2nd half of the year could result in Buffalo seeing he is not ready for the even the AHL next year & send him back, or worst yet send him to the ECHL to rot away.