PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the 2nd half of season

GoldenBoy
01-10-2012, 04:46 PM
So it looks like all the trades have come through (maybe a couple more squeakers) What is everyones thoughts on this years deadline? And predictions on the 2nd half of the season?

I for one am a little disapointed my BWK's didn't land a dman. But I think we have what it takes to compete with the top if our dmen and goalies hold up.

The Wheatiemaniac
01-10-2012, 05:12 PM
So it looks like all the trades have come through (maybe a couple more squeakers) What is everyones thoughts on this years deadline? And predictions on the 2nd half of the season?

I for one am a little disapointed my BWK's didn't land a dman. But I think we have what it takes to compete with the top if our dmen and goalies hold up.

Disappointed, but time will tell if our new line combos will pay off. I just hope Boes is back soon. He is literally the hinge between us and a higher playoff seeding.

patsdude114
01-10-2012, 05:25 PM
The WKs trade puzzles me more so then the Pats trade, the 2 oldest D on the WKs are by far the teams worst Dmen & after Melnychuk & Millar the D gets very young fast.

Did the rest of the WHL maybe snuff KM & make the Sundher trade look very questionable for a team that gives us alot of goals already?

With the Pats trade adding another Dmen kind of puzzles me as we needed abit more scoring upfront more so then defensemen....but with that said defense wins games & our top 6 is prob the best in the East with 1 thru 6

Davidson
Jobke
Marincin
Bidlevskii
Underwood
Fenske
(also still have Burroughs & Peel as well)

not many teams can match that defense from top to bottom, to go along with a top 10 goalie in the league the Pats should be able to contend in the close games, just like they have all year long. When games get into a run n gun style is where the Pats wont have the offense.

The trades MJ did today & yesterday really strengthens their team down the middle with Braes, & adding Henry gives them a nice 1-2 punch on LW with Howden. If MJ can get Beach to stop being a meathead for the rest of the year & tell him to open his damn eyes & look at the talent on the team the Warriors will contend with the Oil Kings for 1st all season long. Beach is a hell of a hockey player when he actually PLAYS HOCKEY its all his after the whistle crap that hurts his team.

No 1 else in the Eastern Conference made any moves besides a very minor move between the Ice & Tigers, as the Ice traded Hurley to the Hat.

The Oil Kings i knew werent going to do anything after they picked up Henrik Samuelsson for nothing. He will make the Oil Kings even stronger he was playing pro hockey back in Sweden & is not playing against his peers look for him to make a big impact.

GoldenBoy
01-10-2012, 06:57 PM
The WKs trade puzzles me more so then the Pats trade, the 2 oldest D on the WKs are by far the teams worst Dmen & after Melnychuk & Millar the D gets very young fast.

Did the rest of the WHL maybe snuff KM & make the Sundher trade look very questionable for a team that gives us alot of goals already?

With the Pats trade adding another Dmen kind of puzzles me as we needed abit more scoring upfront more so then defensemen....but with that said defense wins games & our top 6 is prob the best in the East with 1 thru 6

Davidson
Jobke
Marincin
Bidlevskii
Underwood
Fenske
(also still have Burroughs & Peel as well)

not many teams can match that defense from top to bottom, to go along with a top 10 goalie in the league the Pats should be able to contend in the close games, just like they have all year long. When games get into a run n gun style is where the Pats wont have the offense.

The trades MJ did today & yesterday really strengthens their team down the middle with Braes, & adding Henry gives them a nice 1-2 punch on LW with Howden. If MJ can get Beach to stop being a meathead for the rest of the year & tell him to open his damn eyes & look at the talent on the team the Warriors will contend with the Oil Kings for 1st all season long. Beach is a hell of a hockey player when he actually PLAYS HOCKEY its all his after the whistle crap that hurts his team.

No 1 else in the Eastern Conference made any moves besides a very minor move between the Ice & Tigers, as the Ice traded Hurley to the Hat.

The Oil Kings i knew werent going to do anything after they picked up Henrik Samuelsson for nothing. He will make the Oil Kings even stronger he was playing pro hockey back in Sweden & is not playing against his peers look for him to make a big impact.

Or are the WK and Pats possible dark horses after a major deadline deal like the Ice last year, I know the ice had a really good team last year but they were also really young and no one expected to do what they did last year.

mjw22
01-10-2012, 08:07 PM
The east is going to be a dog fight right to the end. The team that's playing the best TEAM game and gets the goaltending will win . 5 the top 10 goalies are in the east KTN MH EDM MJ REG . We all know in the playoffs checking gets tighter time & space you had in reg season is gone so scoring is harder. Team defense timely scoring and great goaltending wins. It's gonna be fun :clap:

Western Elite
01-10-2012, 08:32 PM
I would have to consider Makarov a top 10 goalie and perhaps the best goalie in the East Division when all the chips are on the table!

I think people are going to forget about teams like Kootenay and Saskatoon down the stretch who could easily make noise! Strong defense, good goaltending and in Saskatoon's case especially when Nicholls returns - good forward scoring depth.

mjw22
01-10-2012, 09:28 PM
I would have to consider Makarov a top 10 goalie and perhaps the best goalie in the East Division when all the chips are on the table!

I think people are going to forget about teams like Kootenay and Saskatoon down the stretch who could easily make noise! Strong defense, good goaltending and in Saskatoon's case especially when Nicholls returns - good forward scoring depth.

you're right about Makorov not so sure about the strong d part

The Wheatiemaniac
01-10-2012, 10:20 PM
you're right about Makorov not so sure about the strong d part

Also depends on how Makarov deals with his concussion, and if he has any post concussion symptoms. They are nasty for a goalie. Your balance and concentration are key to the success of any goalie. He won't be back to 100% for awhile.

wango tango
01-11-2012, 01:52 PM
i don't understand what brandon and regina did. if anything brandon needed marincin, and regina sundher, but that's not what happened.

the wheat kings have one of the best goals for in the league, and one of the worst goals against of the playoff teams. brandon will need to win a lot of 5-4, 6-5 hockey games. when is the last time the wheaties had an elite goaltender? harding almost 10 years ago?

and who made the trade for the pats lang or parker? regina's top scorer is weal with 69 points, next closest is a defenseman who doesn't even have half the points! can marincin spark more offense from the back end?

if regina and brandon fail to succeed it will because those teams real needs were not addressed at the deadline, or can they succeed in spite of their short comings?

booboo
01-11-2012, 03:06 PM
Very good insight-----I'm guessing it'll come down to goaltending:mad:

The Wheatiemaniac
01-11-2012, 06:50 PM
I hope Boes comes out of his injury like a caged animal. I know he'll have had alot of time for retrospect on his year and his situation. I believe he will be the X factor in our playoff run. Nikkel will surprise alot of people as to how he handles himself as a rookie.

Coulda shoulda woulda time is over. DROP THE PUCK AND LETS PLAY!!!