PDA

View Full Version : Winther is coming!

RaineBlade
01-11-2012, 09:15 AM
Game of Thrones fans should get that one!

#26 in midterm CSS rankings; good work Mike! I think that he will be a surprise pick late in the first round of NHL draft.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=76670

Sttop
01-11-2012, 09:40 AM
Congrats Mike. But before you get your 1st round pick talking realize that there are no Europeans and no goalies in those ratings. I think somewhere around where Ruopp went is more realistic. btw Holowenko was also rated at #26 in the goalie ratings.

Wapitikev
01-11-2012, 10:15 AM
Congrats Mike. But before you get your 1st round pick talking realize that there are no Europeans and no goalies in those ratings. I think somewhere around where Ruopp went is more realistic. btw Holowenko was also rated at #26 in the goalie ratings.

McNeil was ranked around 15th overall last spring, so Mike needs to crack the top 20 NA skaters to be a lock for the 1st round of the NHL draft.

Only Europeans playing in North America are included in those rankings (like Yakupov, Grigorenko and Galchenyuk), not those playing in Europe/Russia.

Keep lighting it up Mike.

-Wapitikev

RaineBlade
01-11-2012, 10:32 AM

yeah I realize those rankings do not include Europeans or goaltenders. I am just making a bold prediction:p

the voice
01-11-2012, 11:01 AM
Congrats Mike. Keep up the good work and stay focused. All the other stuff will take care of itself. It's not where you get drafted, but what you do before you get drafted.

Wapitikev
01-11-2012, 11:14 AM
Too bad Central Scouting completely missed him when they were choosing the top prospects game.

12 of the 24 forwards playing in that game are ranked LOWER than Mike.

Only 5 of the players ranked higher than Mike are Centers, so there's still three lines centered by players worse than Mike...one of them is named Sutter from Saskatoon.

Not looking too good there, Central scouting.

-Wapitikev

Wapitikev
01-11-2012, 11:22 AM
...and (since Mike plays LW from time to time) there are only 4 LWs ranked higher than him that are on the Top Prospects rosters.

-Wapitikev

Wapitikev
01-11-2012, 11:25 AM
Better late than never, Central Scouting.

Go, Mike!

-Wapitikev

Wapitikev
01-11-2012, 12:23 PM
Game of Thrones fans should get that one!

#26 in midterm CSS rankings; good work Mike! I think that he will be a surprise pick late in the first round of NHL draft.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=76670

Welcome, RaineBlade.

Good to see another new member.

-Wapitikev

Sabes
01-11-2012, 12:58 PM
Welcome, RaineBlade.

Good to see another new member.

-Wapitikev

He has been around longer than you

Wapitikev
01-11-2012, 01:04 PM
He has been around longer than you

Apologies, RaineBlade. Looked at your 12 posts instead of your Join Date.

Hope you come back to post more often.

-Wapitikev

Wapitikev
01-11-2012, 01:10 PM
I see that Yakupov is going to be out 4 weeks with a knee injury (according to his agent on Monday).

Perhaps Central Scouting could recommend a CHL player ranked higher than any other forward not already on the team? :)

The only other forwards ranked higher than Mike Winther, as of this AM, and not already announced, play in the USHL...which, if memory serves, disqualifies them from the tournament.

Go Mike!

-Wapitikev

RaineBlade
01-11-2012, 01:23 PM
Apologies, RaineBlade. Looked at your 12 posts instead of your Join Date.

Hope you come back to post more often.

-Wapitikev

haha more of a lurker than a poster, however I will post whenever I think I have something intelligent to say (which is seldom;))

Wapitikev
01-11-2012, 01:30 PM
haha more of a lurker than a poster, however I will post whenever I think I have something intelligent to say (which is seldom;))

:thumb:

-Wapitikev

Wapitikev
01-11-2012, 01:57 PM
Damn. Yakupov is RW not Center.

Maybe Mike could learn to play RW in addition to Center and LW?

Heh.

-Wapitikev

Dwight Schrute
01-11-2012, 08:48 PM
I see that Yakupov is going to be out 4 weeks with a knee injury (according to his agent on Monday).

Perhaps Central Scouting could recommend a CHL player ranked higher than any other forward not already on the team? :)

The only other forwards ranked higher than Mike Winther, as of this AM, and not already announced, play in the USHL...which, if memory serves, disqualifies them from the tournament.

Go Mike!

-Wapitikev

what tournament are you speaking of

Wapitikev
01-12-2012, 10:54 AM
what tournament are you speaking of

CHL Top Prospects.

-Wapitikev

Dwight Schrute
01-12-2012, 05:47 PM
CHL Top Prospects.

-Wapitikev

my apologies i had never heard of the prospects game being reffered to as a tournament before. thats why i asked

Wapitikev
01-12-2012, 06:59 PM
my apologies i had never heard of the prospects game being reffered to as a tournament before. thats why i asked

No problem...I caused the confusion, no need to apologize.

There is only one game, but the skills competition and other stuff is the day before (the 31st).

Cheers,

-Wapitikev

RaineBlade
01-16-2012, 12:16 PM
Winther #40 on Craigs List (2nd highest riser/debut). I am standing by my prediction that Mike will crack 1st round (albeit very late)

http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=49649

chalk_one_up
01-16-2012, 02:21 PM
Winther #40 on Craigs List (2nd highest riser/debut). I am standing by my prediction that Mike will crack 1st round (albeit very late)

Threw me for a loop. I was wondering, "*** is Winther doing on Craigs list" :D

Wapitikev
01-17-2012, 09:38 AM

That would certainly seem to be where he's headed.

It would be awesome to see him go to one of the top teams...Vancouver/Rangers/Detroit...or maybe Chicago (with McNeil).

-Wapitikev

Wapitikev
01-17-2012, 09:54 AM
Hope he turns it on for the next 2 weeks...CHL Top Prospects game is on the 1st of Feb.

Go, Mike!

-Wapitikev

Joe Hallenback
01-17-2012, 01:07 PM
I like Winther alot. Good hard working tough little bugger who has some nice high end skill

RaineBlade
01-18-2012, 03:38 PM
Winther in Top Prospects game (injury replacement) as per Mike Morreale (twitter). Have a feeling his stock will rise again after this game!

Wapitikev
01-18-2012, 04:20 PM
Winther in Top Prospects game (injury replacement) as per Mike Morreale (twitter). Have a feeling his stock will rise again after this game!

Attaboy Mike!

Definitely time to shine.

-Wapitikev

Wapitikev
02-02-2012, 09:04 AM
In a dominant defensive contest, Mike assisted on the only goal for Team Cherry.

Way to go, Mike.

Light it up against the Hat on Friday.

-Wapitikev