PDA

View Full Version : Pats in PA Game #44

patsdude114
01-11-2012, 06:20 PM
Well tonite is the 1st game with Marincin in the lineup, not sure if we can expect big things from him for the 1st game but good players always find a way to be noticed for the right reasons.

Does Conacher put Marincin on the 1st PP unit with Weal & use Jobke on the 2nd unit now with Davidson? Im not expecting it tonite but its a possiblity as well. He has a big league shot & has good vision to create offense from the blueline.

Im thinking Hewitt gets the start tonite as the PA powerplay has been pretty lethal as of late, & then on Friday nite Beuekboom gets the start against a much weaker team without Sundher in the Royals. Whichever way the coaches decide to go i expect Beukeboom to start at least 1 of these next 2 games.

With our defense now im expecting the Pats to give up less shots then they have in the 1st part of the year, even if its cut down by 5 less shots a game, not sure if 1 guy can make that much of a difference but 1 can only hope. Im fully expecting that once Underwood gets back & we have every Dman in the lineup.

Cant wait for this game to start looking forward to listening to the game on the radio.. even if it is Plaster calling the game.... on that note did anyone listen to Roddy call any of the WJs on the radio? wow do i ever miss his call

RWAH
01-11-2012, 09:23 PM
Game just over. wow 2 zip good shut out for Hewitt. Sounded like Fenske made some very big hits. and Marincin has a big shot, he did not get a point but was plus one

Listened to the Gold game on the Radio for one period and Roddy was terrific. Stumbled only once on a name but it was Russia and Sweden

Sttop
01-11-2012, 10:42 PM
The Pats defence is rock solid. Hewitt may not have had to make 1 hard save , everything was from the boards. Fenske seems like a great addition.

patsdude114
01-12-2012, 01:10 AM
Fenske sounds like he had a stellar game on the blueline, he made some huge hits (judging by Plasters reaction) & dropped the mits, this is the kind of Dman we have needed for sometime & he could be here for 2 more full seasons

mjw22
01-12-2012, 01:12 AM
The Pats defence is rock solid. Hewitt may not have had to make 1 hard save , everything was from the boards. Fenske seems like a great addition.

Pats may be the wild card in the conf with this d. Weal has a big load to carry and will now undoubtedly draw more attention here on in. Take away Weal and the secondary scoring has to be there if not could be a problem. A lot to expect from one guy.

witness
01-12-2012, 08:45 AM
Pats may be the wild card in the conf with this d. Weal has a big load to carry and will now undoubtedly draw more attention here on in. Take away Weal and the secondary scoring has to be there if not could be a problem. A lot to expect from one guy.

It is not like he hasn't been carrying the team for the past 2 years. If teams have not been keying on him yet ....

mjw22
01-12-2012, 09:05 AM
It is not like he hasn't been carrying the team for the past 2 years. If teams have not been keying on him yet ....

A lot different when you're in the play off race as opposed to last few years.

RWAH
01-12-2012, 12:58 PM

I think you may be right this solid D and if Hewitt plays well the Pats will surprise some teams. I fear Moose Jaw as they play a more physical game and our forwards are more timid. Sure looking forward to the playoffs.

IMO my other fear is next seasons we need to upgrade the talent of our 18 year olds. Chad L made some very good off season trades last summer (Underwood and Jobke) so hopefully he can repeat this summer.