WHLFANMAN
01-11-2012, 10:22 PM
New Start!

chalk_one_up
01-14-2012, 10:02 PM
LOL you guys lost to Victoria.

chalk_one_up
01-14-2012, 10:04 PM
And gave up 50 shots. Time for Kelly to send Clouston on his way and take over for the rest of the seasons, ala Mike Kelly.

lordstanley
01-14-2012, 10:05 PM
Omg this is getting bad Bye bye CC KM better do it and take over

WHEATMAN
01-14-2012, 10:07 PM
CC needs to go.

Last year Kelly did 10x as much with 10x as little, it's time to cut Clouston loose.

This is embarrasing.

lordstanley
01-14-2012, 10:29 PM
CC needs to go.

Last year Kelly did 10x as much with 10x as little, it's time to cut Clouston loose.

This is embarrasing.

It amazes me how he lasted longer with the Sens as he did wow

patsdude114
01-14-2012, 10:48 PM
Clouston is a joke i dont know what he is trying to do with the WKs but it is very funny from the outside looking in.

I never understood why KM brought him in anyways, i get that KM had some personaly family problems when his brother was killed in the plane crash but if my memory serves right that happened way after the hiring of Clouston. The hiring may of been abit of a blessing to KM after his brother died where KM didnt have to deal with running a hockey team on the ice & had some time to just sit back & deal with the family stuff 1st & foremost.

This Clouston hiring is definately looking worse & worse as the days go by, the WKs are a worse defensive team then the Pats were last year under Hunt now that is VERY BAD. There is alot of potential on the WKs backend but they are still a very young group which was why the trade for Sundher did not make sense around the league. Losing to the Royals is unacceptable for a team that has Stone, Ferland, Sundher for the offense.

I guess the biggest question is..... has the WKs quit playing for Clouston hoping he gets fired? Or are the WKs just that bad defensively that it doesnt matter if they are still playing for Clouston or not?

It takes more then big name players to win, it takes a full team commitment & right now that is NOT happening in Brandon.

booboo
01-14-2012, 11:01 PM
Clouston is a joke i dont know what he is trying to do with the WKs but it is very funny from the outside looking in.

I never understood why KM brought him in anyways, i get that KM had some personaly family problems when his brother was killed in the plane crash but if my memory serves right that happened way after the hiring of Clouston. The hiring may of been abit of a blessing to KM after his brother died where KM didnt have to deal with running a hockey team on the ice & had some time to just sit back & deal with the family stuff 1st & foremost.

This Clouston hiring is definately looking worse & worse as the days go by, the WKs are a worse defensive team then the Pats were last year under Hunt now that is VERY BAD. There is alot of potential on the WKs backend but they are still a very young group which was why the trade for Sundher did not make sense around the league. Losing to the Royals is unacceptable for a team that has Stone, Ferland, Sundher for the offense.

I guess the biggest question is..... has the WKs quit playing for Clouston hoping he gets fired? Or are the WKs just that bad defensively that it doesnt matter if they are still playing for Clouston or not?

It takes more then big name players to win, it takes a full team commitment & right now that is NOT happening in Brandon.

I never thought I would agree with a Pats fan, but I must admit you might be right on this one and the fact that the team has quit playing for Clouston. I hope Kelly does not allow this to take place much longer or they'll be out of the playoff race. Allowing 50 shots to a team like Red Deer or Victoria is totally unexceptable. We as fans are staring to lose some faith. What started out as a promising year is turning into a nightmare. KM do something. Please.

Joe Hallenback
01-15-2012, 12:21 PM
Laid a total egg in the 3rd last night. Something is very wrong with this group. This is not the same team that was winning early on this season

WHLFANMAN
01-15-2012, 03:23 PM
Laid a total egg in the 3rd last night. Something is very wrong with this group. This is not the same team that was winning early on this season

It's like watching a Ferrari stutter down the road grinding gears!? Tones of talent but no UMPH! I guess you HAVE to look at the driver CC.:confused: Even their cellys after goals are dosile?

bwk45h29
01-15-2012, 06:43 PM
He is making his second straight start lets hope the team works hard and gives him the win he deserves. Both teams have been struggling lately hopefully we can pull out a gritty win tonight.

Pecker
01-15-2012, 09:16 PM
Well if it was even possible, it just went from bad to worse.

You gotta laugh to keep from crying right?

Joe Hallenback
01-15-2012, 09:21 PM
This team just quit on CC again tonight. Something has to give

booboo
01-15-2012, 09:21 PM
I see we are taking it on the chin again tonight. It is becoming very difficult to to remain positive. The injuries seem to be piling up as well--need to find some bodies to fill out the lineup. I think the guys on the 1st line are being overplayed and are bagged. It does not get any easier, in their next 14 games 11 are on the road. I think our playoff hopes are fading away fast. Kelly may regret making his moves --the DD and Sundher deals if we do not make the playoffs. As a longtime fan I know I am venting here, but I am not used to losing seasons---especially when we have some high end players--like Stone, Ferland, and Sundher.:dead:

WHLFANMAN
01-15-2012, 09:53 PM
Well if it was even possible, it just went from bad to worse.

You gotta laugh to keep from crying right?

I'm trying that! Works a little!:( Over 12 turn overs inside 4 feet of our blue line! I know it's only one issue BUT it's been the worst one !!!! Please let this be bottom!:o

mjw22
01-15-2012, 10:00 PM
since the DEADline 0-3-1- outscored 19 - 9 Sundher 0-3-3 - 5 Braes 2-3-5 even . for a guy who ran his mouth about how you were gonna score 6-7 goals a night not much to say . 2.25 is a long way off. NUFF said :groovy: For the rest of WK fans it looks like your top guys have tuned CC out body language in last 2 periods said a lot. I would have to think KM is wondering "what the hell " . Does he pull the pin on CC

Joe Hallenback
01-15-2012, 11:52 PM
since the DEADline 0-3-1- outscored 19 - 9 Sundher 0-3-3 - 5 Braes 2-3-5 even . for a guy who ran his mouth about how you were gonna score 6-7 goals a night not much to say . 2.25 is a long way off. NUFF said :groovy: For the rest of WK fans it looks like your top guys have tuned CC out body language in last 2 periods said a lot. I would have to think KM is wondering "what the hell " . Does he pull the pin on CC

This team was flying earlier in the season and I remember several quotes from CC at the time talking about how he wanted to change the way they play and he wasn't happy with certain guys.

Now he has a team that just won't play for him or least the way he wants. We got a game in Saskatoon on Wednesday and if they lose like this I will expect to see something happen.

But you never know. KM is old school and if he gave his word to CC nothing will change that. Not even missing the playoffs

chalk_one_up
01-16-2012, 12:25 PM
Which first round pick was traded of the W'Kings to Victoria? The W'Kings or the Blades'?

lostsheep
01-16-2012, 12:55 PM
as a blade fan i dont mind when you guys loose! BUT i do care about a certain player on your team. DD deserves a better last year in this league and i hope your coach gets his act together ( just not against us! ). Time will tell and the story will unfold. cant wait to see the out come. Hold in there fans the team need you.:cool:

sbtatter
01-16-2012, 01:24 PM
as a blade fan i dont mind when you guys loose! BUT i do care about a certain player on your team. DD deserves a better last year in this league and i hope your coach gets his act together ( just not against us! ). Time will tell and the story will unfold. cant wait to see the out come. Hold in there fans the team need you.:cool:

Then DD better start playing like he wants a good last year in the league. He is one of the laziest players out there, last man back to his own zone, shots off the target and stupid penalties. Might help if he sat a game or 2, and learned to be a leader. It appears he brought the Blades disease of under performing with him.

Trevor
01-16-2012, 01:27 PM
Which first round pick was traded of the W'Kings to Victoria? The W'Kings or the Blades'?

The lower of the two come season end, at least that's how I understood the trade.

sbtatter
01-16-2012, 01:41 PM
This team was flying earlier in the season and I remember several quotes from CC at the time talking about how he wanted to change the way they play and he wasn't happy with certain guys.

Now he has a team that just won't play for him or least the way he wants. We got a game in Saskatoon on Wednesday and if they lose like this I will expect to see something happen.

But you never know. KM is old school and if he gave his word to CC nothing will change that. Not even missing the playoffs

The players should suck it up and play hard, even though CC gives them a tough time. It's like real life boys, you don't always like your boss or co-workers, but you have to work through it.

chalk_one_up
01-16-2012, 02:09 PM
The lower of the two come season end.

Oh good, cause the W'Kings pick might be pretty high.

Rock
01-16-2012, 07:40 PM
According to this article
http://www.kamloopsnews.ca/article/20120110/KAMLOOPS0201/120119995/-1/kamloops02/whl-trade-deadline-sundher-sent-to-brandon
Brandon traded it's own 1rst round pick to the Royals. They keep Saskatoon's.
Also reported here:
http://www.timescolonist.com/sports/Sundher+shipped+Brandon/5971513/story.html

Western Elite
01-16-2012, 08:22 PM
Well that is good news for Victoria then! :D

lordstanley
01-17-2012, 03:19 PM
Just thought i would let a few know that Corbin Boes was back at practice today not sure when he'll be ready to go but that's a good start

Joe Hallenback
01-17-2012, 08:49 PM
Just thought i would let a few know that Corbin Boes was back at practice today not sure when he'll be ready to go but that's a good start

Walker for Moodie next season? :D

lordstanley
01-17-2012, 09:22 PM
Walker for Moodie next season? :D

haha interesting to say the least there is no doubt teams will be asking about him

mjw22
01-18-2012, 01:25 AM
Stone Ferland Walker Pulock Roy Bertagglia Ciarelli 114 goals plus 62

DD Seaman Swripa Mraz Hunter Nikkle Miller 42 goals minus 72

Interesting drop off in goals and plus minus

Rye
01-18-2012, 01:26 AM
Boes will make the trip to Saskatoon. Not sure if he'll be backup or scratched but he's making the trip which is good news. Shouldn't be too much longer I guess ...

The Wheatiemaniac
01-18-2012, 11:59 AM
He will likely start Friday. Report says his hand speed and strength need another couple of days. But man do we need him back or what? Great to see him back on the ice.

Joe Hallenback
01-18-2012, 09:58 PM
Good bounce back game on the road. They played pretty well and there pressure paid off in the 3rd. Gotta keep it going n ow

sbtatter
01-18-2012, 10:20 PM
Hallejulah!!
Box score indicates Sutter instigated against DD, wonder how it went?

mjw22
01-19-2012, 02:09 AM
Instead of Sundher 5 gp 0 - 3 -3 minus 6 Marincin might have been a better pick up.

sbtatter
01-19-2012, 07:44 AM
Instead of Sundher 5 gp 0 - 3 -3 minus 6 Marincin might have been a better pick up.

We'll find out at the end of the season/playoffs who added the most value....

sbtatter
01-19-2012, 08:15 AM
Back on topic, against Victoria, I thought Kuczek looked like the player he was last year, physical, and quick to move the puck out of his own zone. Very impressive. Maybe the younger players are listening to CC a little bit.
Still very happy with this defence next season
Pulock Roy
Hunter Miller
Kuczek Nikkel
Waltz Pankewicz

Joe Hallenback
01-19-2012, 08:48 AM
I would like to see Kuzcek play more he reminds a little bit of Theran Yeo but with better puck skills.

WHLFANMAN
01-19-2012, 10:59 AM
Back on topic, against Victoria, I thought Kuczek looked like the player he was last year, physical, and quick to move the puck out of his own zone. Very impressive. Maybe the younger players are listening to CC a little bit.
Still very happy with this defence next season
Pulock Roy
Hunter Miller
Kuczek Nikkel
Waltz Pankewicz

Kuczek and Nikkel were easily the most physical out there! I don't know if you can teach the others that? Your born with it! We have to remmember they don't get put in many scoring chance situations yet.

Western Elite
01-19-2012, 11:12 AM
Great game by your team last night. I thought Brandon and Blades both worked hard all game long and there could've been even more goals but both goalies were strong in the first couple periods.

I think both teams would welcome their starting goalies back from injury. Young Moodie for the Blades is losing some steam and rightfully so, he's just 16 and has performed very well at times. On the other hand, Brandon Anderson just isn't as good as Boes.

I think it is only a matter of time before Brandon really starts clicking and when Stone/Sundher start to get chemisty, look out! I still feel you guys have the top offensive talent in the conference. The problem I see with your team is D-zone coverage which is very shaky.

Blades look like they'll finally get their top forward in Josh Nicholls back on Friday to go with World Junior star Makarov and the teams top dman - Duncan Siemens.

WHLFANMAN
01-19-2012, 11:34 AM
Great game by your team last night. I thought Brandon and Blades both worked hard all game long and there could've been even more goals but both goalies were strong in the first couple periods.

I think both teams would welcome their starting goalies back from injury. Young Moodie for the Blades is losing some steam and rightfully so, he's just 16 and has performed very well at times. On the other hand, Brandon Anderson just isn't as good as Boes.

I think it is only a matter of time before Brandon really starts clicking and when Stone/Sundher start to get chemisty, look out! I still feel you guys have the top offensive talent in the conference. The problem I see with your team is D-zone coverage which is very shaky.

Blades look like they'll finally get their top forward in Josh Nicholls back on Friday to go with World Junior star Makarov and the teams top dman - Duncan Siemens.

Boese is solid! Makarov is, IMHO, the best tender in the league. As for our D zone, We are turning the puck over within 4 ' of our blue line WAY to many times per game generating easily 10+ more shots per game. When you turn it over at your blue line odds are the other forwards are deep in the nutral zone ....and oposing forwards are still low in our zone. That makes for tough coverage!

Joe Hallenback
01-19-2012, 02:23 PM
Does anyone know if Duncan Campbell of the AAA midget wheat kings was put on anyone's protected list?

Ott
01-19-2012, 09:22 PM
I'm a bit surprised to hear CC is having problems with the players. When he was in Ott, we always heard he was a great juniors coach that his issue was dealing with millionaire pros; esp never having played in the "show" he showing he was the he knew what he was doing. Do you think some of this is because he got labeled as a bad communicator and now its just assumed he is? Especiallys since a couple player have Ott connections? I wonder if he was labeled as being a players coach and too soft in Ott people would call him that instead. I don't really know much about his Jr coaching career before maybe he is just a bad coach. Sad part is if he does, as some have said on this board, gets let go, I think his next coaching job would be for one of his kids teams.

bwk45h29
01-19-2012, 09:37 PM
He seems to be unable to instill positivity in my opinion and would probably make a good video guy. he is not the guy you want behind the bench in my opinion, he lacks the ability to get the players to maximize their potential.

drummermajor
01-20-2012, 05:27 PM
He will likely start Friday. Report says his hand speed and strength need another couple of days. But man do we need him back or what? Great to see him back on the ice.

Doubt he plays before February.

JMoney1988
01-20-2012, 10:07 PM
All I can say is Anderson played awesome tonight, maybe he's coming around......

sbtatter
01-20-2012, 10:16 PM
All I can say is Anderson played awesome tonight, maybe he's coming around......

Speaking of goalies, how good has Moodie been?!!!

JMoney1988
01-20-2012, 10:19 PM
I think he has really come in and saved while Marakov has been out with injury, I think he 8-3 so and to think he is only sixteen......

lordstanley
01-20-2012, 11:07 PM
Yeah Anderson tonight looked like Makarov the score could have been much worse if not for him

Wheatie Pete
01-21-2012, 09:18 AM
Anyone see this tilt?

reims
01-21-2012, 09:27 AM
Anyone see this tilt?

wasnt that great siemens "kinda " jumps him after a late shot on net by ferland...they both throw 3-4 bombs, then seimens gets turned around by ferland and ferland basically stops, he coulda kept going and did some damage...class move by ferland...the bigger tilt woulda been DD and thrower that had squared off during the same time...as they were about to enguage the refs is yelling at them that if they do it they will face suspensions becuase of second fight and at the end of the game, woulda been a gooder tho.

WHLFANMAN
01-21-2012, 11:07 AM
Yeah Anderson tonight looked like Makarov the score could have been much worse if not for him

Any time a tender makes that many saves you have to tip your hat! But, I do love to focus on tenders and in imho Anderson was all over the place! his big saves were because he was way out of position sprinkled with luck. Rebound control was, sorry, terrible. Now Makarov and even Moody when you throw 30 -40+ shots at them they are mechanically sound in position and make the saves look easy. Easy enough to make you question your goal scorers! I see no comparison here. Boese has that mechanical poise. It will be a + to have him back. but, i think, it will take a few games to recapture his timing. Actually i think the young Honey has the mechanics too just has to settle down and control his rebounds.Was fighting the puck a bit. On a nother note I think we have tostretch our wingers a bit to help the breakout...this would give our D more space and the first pass was off our miss handled it would be in the neutral zone not highin our end as said before. Just opinions:cool:

sbtatter
01-21-2012, 12:03 PM
Any time a tender makes that many saves you have to tip your hat! But, I do love to focus on tenders and in imho Anderson was all over the place! his big saves were because he was way out of position sprinkled with luck. Rebound control was, sorry, terrible. Now Makarov and even Moody when you throw 30 -40+ shots at them they are mechanically sound in position and make the saves look easy. Easy enough to make you question your goal scorers! I see no comparison here. Boese has that mechanical poise. It will be a + to have him back. but, i think, it will take a few games to recapture his timing. Actually i think the young Honey has the mechanics too just has to settle down and control his rebounds.Was fighting the puck a bit. On a nother note I think we have tostretch our wingers a bit to help the breakout...this would give our D more space and the first pass was off our miss handled it would be in the neutral zone not highin our end as said before. Just opinions:cool:

Honey is a smaller tender who has to stand up, because when he drops down there's too much upper net to shoot at. Boes has the size, he just needs to concentrate and play within his abilities.
I still think Bunz is the best goalie in the eastern conference. Makarov not far behind. Moodie should maybe be kept as backup all year?

lordstanley
01-21-2012, 12:11 PM
Honey is a smaller tender who has to stand up, because when he drops down there's too much upper net to shoot at. Boes has the size, he just needs to concentrate and play within his abilities.
I still think Bunz is the best goalie in the eastern conference. Makarov not far behind. Moodie should maybe be kept as backup all year?

I wish Moodie could stay up for the rest of the season but he can't he is listed as a AP and only has a few games left Makarov will be back after this weekend anyways

The Wheatiemaniac
01-21-2012, 01:34 PM
I wish Moodie could stay up for the rest of the season but he can't he is listed as a AP and only has a few games left Makarov will be back after this weekend anyways

Going into next year, I would say you are okay in net. You gotta feel comfortable with Moodie waiting in the wings if anything happens to Makarov.

He also responded well after a shaky third period on Wednesday. He coulda went gunshy on you, but a good bounce back game for him for sure.

WHLFANMAN
01-21-2012, 04:55 PM

Agreed. I think Honey being smaller just has to be more aggresive.:karate: His style and mechanics are good Just a little deep in the net leaving up high open.

The Wheatiemaniac
01-21-2012, 07:07 PM
Agreed. I think Honey being smaller just has to be more aggresive.:karate: His style and mechanics are good Just a little deep in the net leaving up high open.

Honey is a real battler. He's still adjusting to the pace of this level. But he will do well when he hits his stride.

mjw22
01-21-2012, 10:47 PM
GO REBELS GO :) Sundher 7gms 4a 0 goals minus 8

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
01-21-2012, 10:58 PM
it doesnt matter how he does in the regular season. if he shows up in the playoffs then it was a good trade.

that is if they make the playoffs. which might not happen at this rate...

sbtatter
01-21-2012, 11:04 PM
GO REBELS GO :) Sundher 7gms 4a 0 goals minus 8
Well what do you expect. You keep telling everyone on here that the WK's are terrible, so of course he's going to struggle on a terrible team, duh....

mjw22
01-21-2012, 11:10 PM
Well what do you expect. You keep telling everyone on here that the WK's are terrible, so of course he's going to struggle on a terrible team, duh....

DUH yourself wasn't he the big missing piece etc etc .

booboo
01-21-2012, 11:13 PM

What is the matter with this team? There is minimal effort and even less enthusiasm. Something is not right here. The are making the same mistakes time after time. How could such a promising season turn so ****ty? We are in real danger of missing the playoffs. The next 4 games in Alberta could go a long ways to determining how this team fares the rest of the season. Even the PBP guys seem to be getting fed up with the team's effort of late. Kelly do something to stop the bleeding!!!!:(

lordstanley
01-21-2012, 11:13 PM
Click clack click clack that's the sound of RD on your heels 4 points back now with 3 games in hand :groovy:

sbtatter
01-21-2012, 11:18 PM
DUH yourself wasn't he the big missing piece etc etc .

Not really. Everyone on hear (apart from maniac) knew that if we're to make a run, we needed a shutdown d-man and goalie. I think you agree with that. Only maniac and KM disagree.
And you keep shouting that the WK's are a terrible team, so of course he's going to struggle, coming to a terrible team and seeing a decrease of minutes. And he's not that great a player, he's got speed but not much hockey sense. We get it. What we don't get is your attention to a team that's not worth your time? You should maybe concentrate on your own team, this is your chance to win big, before your stars leave. Forget about our rebuilding team. Or don't, it's kind of comical actually!

mjw22
01-21-2012, 11:18 PM
What is the matter with this team? There is minimal effort and even less enthusiasm. Something is not right here. The are making the same mistakes time after time. How could such a promising season turn so ****ty? We are in real danger of missing the playoffs. The next 4 games in Alberta could go a long ways to determining how this team fares the rest of the season. Even the PBP guys seem to be getting fed up with the team's effort of late. Kelly do something to stop the bleeding!!!!:(

Coaching . I listened to the post game chat with CC now after the last few games coming up with one like this at home you would think the coach may sound a little po'd he sounded depressed :D He always looks like someone just gave him bad news. Rebels are coming . :groovy:

mjw22
01-21-2012, 11:56 PM
Not really. Everyone on hear (apart from maniac) knew that if we're to make a run, we needed a shutdown d-man and goalie. I think you agree with that. Only maniac and KM disagree.
And you keep shouting that the WK's are a terrible team, so of course he's going to struggle, coming to a terrible team and seeing a decrease of minutes. And he's not that great a player, he's got speed but not much hockey sense. We get it. What we don't get is your attention to a team that's not worth your time? You should maybe concentrate on your own team, this is your chance to win big, before your stars leave. Forget about our rebuilding team. Or don't, it's kind of comical actually!

Pats - WK 2 teams I can't stand. Never have never will . :groovy: I do agree Sundher wrong choice way to go KM :) Glad you're entertained .

sbtatter
01-22-2012, 12:15 AM
Pats - WK 2 teams I can't stand. Never have never will . :groovy: I do agree Sundher wrong choice way to go KM :) Glad you're entertained .

I don't mind the Warriors, don't like the Pats, Blades and Hitmen.

mjw22
01-22-2012, 12:27 AM
I don't mind the Warriors, don't like the Pats, Blades and Hitmen.

Interesting. The blades never do anything that really pisses us off .They're kind of vanilla that way. Lorne he doesn't annoy ppl like KM Parker etc. Player wise pretty much the same.

patsdude114
01-22-2012, 03:34 AM
I still never understood why the WKs went out & got Sundher, the day the trade was made it made me go WHAT! WHY??

Im glad u WKs got him tho & that the Royals never took the Pats offer for him, maybe he doesnt like the cold weather out this way as those players on the coast are pretty damn spoiled playing in Victoria, Vancouver, Seattle..

haha maybe at this rate maybe the Sabres may think twice about having him the farm system next season & send him back to Brandon, usually players go to PA to rot away not Brandon.

Maybe Sundher was the problem in Victoria as well, since the trade the Royals are 2-3 & have scored 20goals, they are still a brutal team defensively but they were with Sundher as well.

Ott
01-22-2012, 07:18 AM
Coaching . I listened to the post game chat with CC now after the last few games coming up with one like this at home you would think the coach may sound a little po'd he sounded depressed :D He always looks like someone just gave him bad news. Rebels are coming . :groovy:

That is unfortunately CC, he seem to lack emotion. He's known for being a great X's and O's guy but I think he misses two big things. Hockey is still a game an you can have fun ( not sure he understand fun :confused:) and that the X's and O's turn into players who have emotions. Sadly when he was in Ott his best and most human interview was the one after he was fired. Guess he hasn't learned from his mistakes maybe he needs to watch some videos of himself since he's such a video guy. Something needs to change or next season he'll be coaching Timbits and done in pro coaching. :(

Also wonder if there's conflicts with the Asst Coaches; wonder if one of them were hoping for the head coach job when KM stepped down and they aren't helping when the team over like Asst Coaches do.

The Wheatiemaniac
01-22-2012, 09:38 AM

I never said anything to the effect that we didn't need an upgrade on defence or goaltending. In fact I was hoping and praying that somehow KM would find a way to land the likes of Petrovic(RD) and Simpson(EVT) to shore up some flaws. What I did say is we needed to get rid of Melnychuk. Like I'm the only one who wanted that to happen. However, anyone who has ever seen him try to skate backwards wouldn't give us a half eaten hot dog for #3. Sundher did seem like a great addition, as long as it wasn't the only one. But it was and now it is what it is.

But Sundher has struggled to find his groove here, and he'll either work his way out of it or he won't. With a defensive upgrade needed, I figured, as many did, that moving Fransoo meant that a big name was coming. But it didn't happen.

But please don't try to put words in my mouth.

sbtatter
01-22-2012, 10:37 AM
I never said anything to the effect that we didn't need an upgrade on defence or goaltending. In fact I was hoping and praying that somehow KM would find a way to land the likes of Petrovic(RD) and Simpson(EVT) to shore up some flaws. What I did say is we needed to get rid of Melnychuk. Like I'm the only one who wanted that to happen. However, anyone who has ever seen him try to skate backwards wouldn't give us a half eaten hot dog for #3. Sundher did seem like a great addition, as long as it wasn't the only one. But it was and now it is what it is.

But Sundher has struggled to find his groove here, and he'll either work his way out of it or he won't. With a defensive upgrade needed, I figured, as many did, that moving Fransoo meant that a big name was coming. But it didn't happen.

But please don't try to put words in my mouth.

Oh, i thought it was you was telling mjw22 that we would just outscore everyone with Sundher?

The Wheatiemaniac
01-22-2012, 10:53 AM
Oh, i thought it was you was telling mjw22 that we would just outscore everyone with Sundher?

patsdude started that up.

sbtatter
01-22-2012, 11:03 AM

f that's true, my apologies....

The Wheatiemaniac
01-22-2012, 11:40 AM
f that's true, my apologies....

at this point, it's not that we needed more stars, we just needed more from our stars.

patsdude114
01-22-2012, 12:59 PM

yep i did say it & i wont deny it, look at ur offensive guns everyone thought u guys would be lighting it up with guys such as Stone, Ferland, DD & then the addition of Sundher.... anyone with the right mindset would of thought that but something is terribly wrong in WheatKingville & it goes alot further then no defense or goaltending.

Umm not sure if uve been hiding under a rock since the trade deadline but u moved Fransoo & got ur big name player out of it in Sundher what more did u expect?

Its also great to see (that so far) 1 of KM deals is back firing in a huge way.

Also no way in hell any WHL team wins the Memorial Cup this year, they will be just going to the event for the free hotels with abit more ice time. No WHL team can compete with the London's of the OHL, OHL & QMJHL teams stack up who are legit contenders the WHL teams stand pack maybe add 1 guy but nothing serious.

Ott
01-22-2012, 01:06 PM
[QUOTE=patsdude114;178057].... anyone with the right mindset would of thought that but something is terribly wrong in WheatKingville & it goes alot further then no defense or goaltending.

So what is this terribly wrong thing and how do they fix it? Fire the Coaches, sit some stars, a shrink, bag skates? What?

The Wheatiemaniac
01-22-2012, 01:38 PM
yep i did say it & i wont deny it, look at ur offensive guns everyone thought u guys would be lighting it up with guys such as Stone, Ferland, DD & then the addition of Sundher.... anyone with the right mindset would of thought that but something is terribly wrong in WheatKingville & it goes alot further then no defense or goaltending.

Umm not sure if uve been hiding under a rock since the trade deadline but u moved Fransoo & got ur big name player out of it in Sundher what more did u expect?

Its also great to see (that so far) 1 of KM deals is back firing in a huge way.

Also no way in hell any WHL team wins the Memorial Cup this year, they will be just going to the event for the free hotels with abit more ice time. No WHL team can compete with the London's of the OHL, OHL & QMJHL teams stack up who are legit contenders the WHL teams stand pack maybe add 1 guy but nothing serious.

I was referring to a big name blueliner. We all knew what we needed, but we needed more than just a center. I agree this deal has not provided what we as fans were hoping for. Yes the deal looks to be blowing up in our face right now, but I still hold out hope that the boys will right the ship.

But good luck to teams like Regina who chuckle at our slump. Gee, I hope nothing happens to your goalie before the playoffs. Wouldn't that be a sad turn of events....when do you play Saskatoon again? I'm sure they won't hold a grudge, will they?

dagley
01-22-2012, 03:37 PM
It doesn't really help when your top players don't play like top players. I'm not knocking Stone, hes played a hell of a lot of hockey in the last month. He didn't play much last night which is understandable. Ferland since he has come back from the WJ camp has been virtually invisible. I understand that he wants to try and spark his team with a scrap but I think mostly everyone around the league isn't going to fight him willingly. I mean, I know it makes him effective to be chippy and try to draw penalties and get the team going with a fight. He maybe needs to focus on scoring and making plays, he's come a long way as a player in the past few seasons and needs to start being that go to guy.

Dziurzynski is terrible, he's garbage. I always hated him when he played in Saskatoon and was quite excited when we traded for him but he's been disappointing since. He doesn't compete, AT ALL. He only moves his feet when he gets a sniff of the puck and just tries the same old crap every time. If hes behind the net with the puck he will try that between the legs come out front and try and jam it home crap. Its worked like, twice this season. His compete level is ****, hes lazy and doesn't care.

Melnychuk/Favreau are just guys to have in the lineup just to ice a team for a game.

The only guy who has come to play most nights in this terrible stretch of 'hockey' for our team has been Walker and Bertaggia. They have the compete effort every night. The guys are running out of time, or we will be on the outside looking in. If RD had Bartosak in net still, they would definitely pass us.

TJohnson
01-22-2012, 03:51 PM
It's frustrating as a Wheat King fan to have this team playing like they are. They are a better team than last year (on paper) but have no heart. It seems like there are only a few guys putting forth the effort they need to get out of this slump.

Melnychuk is what he is... I quit complaining about him because nothing is going to change. He is a 20 year old defenceman that should be a 6th d-man and even before the trade deadline, no one would have wanted him.

Anderson has heart and is trying harder than most, but he just isn't very talented. He gets so incredibly out of position with basic cross ice plays which result in shots.

Boes broke his hand when he punched a door after being embarassed by being pulled in a 9-0 blow out. Everyone talks about how Boes will save the season.... but remember that he wasn't playing that great when he got injured. He will obviously be a significant step up from where we are at... but it's not "the answer."

What will happen with goalies after Boes comes back? I think Honey has played well enough to stay with the Wheat Kings, even though he has some work to do with rebounds.... but he is only 16. You can tell that fundamentally he is sound. Anderson should be the odd man out considering he is a 19 year old back up goalie.

The Wheat Kings just seem unmotivated. I can't sit here and call for Clouston's head... and it's frustrating when people do that. We are not in the room with the team and we have no idea what his coaching is like.... however, I can say whole heartedly that it's the coaches job to motivate the players.... and that is non existent.

patsdude114
01-22-2012, 04:28 PM
I was referring to a big name blueliner. We all knew what we needed, but we needed more than just a center. I agree this deal has not provided what we as fans were hoping for. Yes the deal looks to be blowing up in our face right now, but I still hold out hope that the boys will right the ship.

But good luck to teams like Regina who chuckle at our slump. Gee, I hope nothing happens to your goalie before the playoffs. Wouldn't that be a sad turn of events....when do you play Saskatoon again? I'm sure they won't hold a grudge, will they?

There was no big name blueliner on the market besides Marincin, no team in there right mind would trade a big name blueliner when there fighting for a playoff spot.

Also incase u hadnt noticed the Pats & Blades have played since the Klimchuk Makarov incident & nothing came out of it cuz Klimchuk was pushed into Makarov it was a terrible call for a 5min major to begin with, this game happens to quickly for many of these officals in the WHL, the league got it right by not handing down a suspension.

Also like i said in the Blades thread the tit for tat way doesnt work anymore as there is worse punishment for the next guy & team fines this isnt the 70s or 80s anymore no matter what u think grandpa

The Wheatiemaniac
01-22-2012, 07:21 PM
It's frustrating as a Wheat King fan to have this team playing like they are. They are a better team than last year (on paper) but have no heart. It seems like there are only a few guys putting forth the effort they need to get out of this slump.

Melnychuk is what he is... I quit complaining about him because nothing is going to change. He is a 20 year old defenceman that should be a 6th d-man and even before the trade deadline, no one would have wanted him.

Anderson has heart and is trying harder than most, but he just isn't very talented. He gets so incredibly out of position with basic cross ice plays which result in shots.

Boes broke his hand when he punched a door after being embarassed by being pulled in a 9-0 blow out. Everyone talks about how Boes will save the season.... but remember that he wasn't playing that great when he got injured. He will obviously be a significant step up from where we are at... but it's not "the answer."

What will happen with goalies after Boes comes back? I think Honey has played well enough to stay with the Wheat Kings, even though he has some work to do with rebounds.... but he is only 16. You can tell that fundamentally he is sound. Anderson should be the odd man out considering he is a 19 year old back up goalie.

The Wheat Kings just seem unmotivated. I can't sit here and call for Clouston's head... and it's frustrating when people do that. We are not in the room with the team and we have no idea what his coaching is like.... however, I can say whole heartedly that it's the coaches job to motivate the players.... and that is non existent.

I agree that Honey should be the backup, BTW, Honey is actually 17. Boes may not be the answer but he will be pumped to get back in there....we hope.The team just needs to start playing with pride. Whatever is wrong they need to sit down as a team and hash it out. The veterans need to start leading by better example, and set that example for the young guys coming up behind them. As I mentioned on another site, they should pass the torch, not toss it as they're running for the exit.

Ott
01-22-2012, 09:15 PM
The veterans need to start leading by better example, and set that example for the young guys coming up behind them. As I mentioned on another site, they should pass the torch, not toss it as they're running for the exit.

Not to put all the blame on Stone but do you think he brought back the a negative attitude towards CC when he came back from the Ott training camp? All the players need to step up and as you say hash whatever the problem is out. They need to remember they are not only hurting CC career aspirations but there own.

patsdude114
01-24-2012, 08:44 PM
Holy crap look who finally scored for that WKs Sundher has finally arrived in Brandon.... but for how long????

Also what is up with Honey fighting Hubic? No WKs have the balls to stand up for there goalie anymore?

mjw22
01-24-2012, 08:46 PM
Holy crap look who finally scored for that WKs Sundher has finally arrived in Brandon.... but for how long????

Also what is up with Honey fighting Hubic? No WKs have the balls to stand up for there goalie anymore?

apparently he only plays in BC Was the mighty Ferland not playing :D

chalk_one_up
01-24-2012, 09:05 PM

Nothing better to do on a Tuesday than to troll message boards looking for reaction right?

patsdude114
01-24-2012, 09:11 PM
i could careless about any reaction from any fan, be it a WK fan, a Blades fan, or a Warriors fan.... i was just stating that its about time Sundher finally scores a goal... unlike u i dont rattled cuz of a forum site, just get ur facts straight is all before involving my name like 1 fool did on the Pats threads

chalk_one_up
01-24-2012, 09:15 PM
i could careless about any reaction from any fan, be it a WK fan, a Blades fan, or a Warriors fan.... i was just stating that its about time Sundher finally scores a goal... unlike u i dont rattled cuz of a forum site, just get ur facts straight is all before involving my name like 1 fool did on the Pats threads

You mad? :groovy:

Also, it looks like you could also care less about proper English as well.

patsdude114
01-24-2012, 09:18 PM
lmao at proper english on a forum site, u a school teacher too?

booboo
01-24-2012, 10:13 PM

Go to your own team's board and get off this one---troll somewhere else:frog:

chalk_one_up
01-24-2012, 10:18 PM
Congrats to Honey for his first WHL win, and first WHL shutout.

Gutsy effort by Brandon on the road. Maybe this will translate into a streak here, followed by confidence down the stretch.

WHLFANMAN
01-24-2012, 10:40 PM

Wow what a waist of board space! 1800+ posts! of one liner creeping! You def. live your mom! Ah shoot you drew me in!;) Good job Honey! We started to stretch the wingers and eased the breakout! Nice.

scruffy1
01-24-2012, 10:42 PM
Great effort by the whole team. Wounder who inspired them. Big improvement in effort by everyone.
Maybe somebody reminded them that team revolt follows you like a bad stink and you will end up playing rec league. Might be too late for some already as much the same thing happened last year at this time.
Bet KM wishes he had moved some of that trouble last summer.

patsdude114
01-25-2012, 01:58 AM
Wow what a waist of board space! 1800+ posts! of one liner creeping!

IF u followed any of my posts u would know that very rarely are they ever 1 liners & are filled with facts not pointless running my mouth like u seem to do.

U brandon fans take things out of context every time, is brandon really that much of loner town?

Great to see Honey get his 1st career win & shutout plus a fight as well (from what the scoresheet says) was he jumped or something in a scrum the reason why he didnt get kicked out?

lordstanley
01-25-2012, 09:24 AM
You Brandon fans are something else you finally got a win now you think this is the turn around to your season ? lol start talking if you string together 3 or 4 in a row until then it's just a waste of time

Joe Hallenback
01-25-2012, 09:29 AM
Nice game last night. Nice to see Honey get his first WHL shutout. Now if we can go into Calgary and beat a team that has owned us since it seems forever that would be very nice

chalk_one_up
01-25-2012, 02:04 PM
You Brandon fans are something else you finally got a win now you think this is the turn around to your season ? lol start talking if you string together 3 or 4 in a row until then it's just a waste of time

You point out where that was said. Oh right, it wasn't.

:clown:

yams
01-25-2012, 02:36 PM
If you want to get into beaking the beautiful city of brandon manitoba. Just remember you live in regina, the armpit of canada.

your pats have their first winning season in 15 years and your mouth starts flapping lol pretty funny. Just remember the wheatkings are one of the most winningest franchises in the dub. And when this team gets back on track no one will want to play us in the playoffs. Your pats won't make it past the first round I would put money on it

lordstanley
01-25-2012, 02:51 PM
If you want to get into beaking the beautiful city of brandon manitoba. Just remember you live in regina, the armpit of canada.

your pats have their first winning season in 15 years and your mouth starts flapping lol pretty funny. Just remember the wheatkings are one of the most winningest franchises in the dub. And when this team gets back on track no one will want to play us in the playoffs. Your pats won't make it past the first round I would put money on it

Although this may be true the Pats have something Brandon doesn't and that's a Memorial Cup !

chalk_one_up
01-25-2012, 03:06 PM
Although this may be true the Pats have something Brandon doesn't and that's a Memorial Cup !

Neither do the Blades and in all fairness, it was a 12-team league and a 3-team Memorial Cup.

The task is a lot more daunting now.

dagley
01-25-2012, 04:31 PM
This fool will be deeply disappointed with the Blades next year. They wont accomplish anything

lordstanley
01-25-2012, 04:36 PM
This fool will be deeply disappointed with the Blades next year. They wont accomplish anything

Kinda like how the wheaties didn't a couple seasons back they went thru the backdoor and got blown away in the final like that you mean ?

mjw22
01-25-2012, 05:02 PM
Neither do the Blades and in all fairness, it was a 12-team league and a 3-team Memorial Cup.

The task is a lot more daunting now.

So ya still dont have one do you and that is the point

chalk_one_up
01-25-2012, 05:04 PM
So ya still dont have one do you and that is the point

I'm not even a Wheat Kings fan. But if that's the only argument that you and others have (and that argument is brought up on a daily basis, which is lame), I guess that's how you dictate success in junior hockey. There are other means of success, but clearly, other than getting a new building in MJ, you wouldn't have otherwise known of any.

My favourite is when people say, "we got a Memorial Cup banner and you don't", as if I have control over that as a fan.

mjw22
01-25-2012, 05:14 PM
I'm not even a Wheat Kings fan. But if that's the only argument that you and others have (and that argument is brought up on a daily basis, which is lame), I guess that's how you dictate success in junior hockey. There are other means of success, but clearly, other than getting a new building in MJ, you wouldn't have otherwise known of any.

My favourite is when people say, "we got a Memorial Cup banner and you don't", as if I have control over that as a fan.

No it's the ppl on here Yapping in 2 cities like they have one thats the problem not many on here bragging about having one. It is why we play the game .

chalk_one_up
01-25-2012, 05:20 PM
No it's the ppl on here Yapping in 2 cities like they have one thats the problem not many on here bragging about having one. It is why we play the game .

Don't throw it in the Wheat Kings' fans faces when the Warriors don't have one either.

The Raiders fans for example can brag all about their cup banner way back in '85, but the reality is, since then, what have they accomplished? But we'll let them hang onto their one moment of glory since they won't achieve any other success in different forms.

mjw22
01-25-2012, 05:30 PM
Don't throw it in the Wheat Kings' fans faces when the Warriors don't have one either.

The Raiders fans for example can brag all about their cup banner way back in '85, but the reality is, since then, what have they accomplished? But we'll let them hang onto their one moment of glory since they won't achieve any other success in different forms.

Hey nobody from MJ on here yapping like we won something . Those who do have Memorial Cup banner have accomplished something other teams haven't a MEMORIAL CUP WIN . The teams dont play to make the play offs win div or league titles its for the MEMORIAL CUP .

GoldenBoy
01-25-2012, 05:38 PM
Kinda like how the wheaties didn't a couple seasons back they went thru the backdoor and got blown away in the final like that you mean ?

Your right. We got our ass kicked twice by Windsor in the same tournement. There is no excuse for it at all. Windsor was a better team, and we didn't deserve to win.

When was the last time blades made the Memorial Cup. I do remember in 96our wheat kings won a WHL championship banner. What have you guys done since 96, in fact when have you ever won WHL Championship. You haven't. The Pats... Well I don't need to go any further because saying the name is the punchline!!! When you guys hosted the tournement, werent you guys eliminated from play offs in the second round?

Brandon has owned this division for almost two decades. Since 94-95 we have won 8 division titles, to me thats remarkable. In the Western Hockey League Brandon is a threat every year just like the Red Wings are a threat every year in the NHL.

Saskatoon will be the first team eliminated from next years tournement. Going into our Memcup season we had Schenn, Calvert, Glennie, Rajala, Robak, Urbom. What do you have for a nuculeus that even compares.....

Rye
01-25-2012, 05:57 PM
Thanks for all the history, maybe you guys can start a thread for that but this one is about the 2nd half of the season.

Boes will get his first start and in a huge game for both teams, Wheaties trying to catch up to Calgary while the Hitmen will be looking to size the gap a bit more.

GoldenBoy
01-25-2012, 06:03 PM
Thanks for all the history, maybe you guys can start a thread for that but this one is about the 2nd half of the season.

Boes will get his first start and in a huge game for both teams, Wheaties trying to catch up to Calgary while the Hitmen will be looking to size the gap a bit more.

Well I am just sick of people thinking their franchise is better then BWK, and that they are more successful. I mean I respect people who are passionate for their teams. Junior hockey is our college football, but for people to make jokes about our MemCup finish when they have nothing to show for their so called "success."

I stand by my point. Someone please tell me how the blades think they are going to have a contending team next year.

JMoney1988
01-25-2012, 06:32 PM
Well, my guess is, we will probably have the best goalie tandem in the league next year in Marakov and Moodie, our defense core is young, but solid with the expection of Cox being a 20 year old and may not be there next year, our offense might be a problem if Nicholls doesn't come, but we seem to spread around, there's Stransky, Olsen, Collins?, all of the exciting rookies we will have Hickmott, Graham, and a solid coach in Molleken, so yeah I think we should have a pretty good team next year, barring trades at the deadline........., that's my opinion.......

sbtatter
01-25-2012, 06:50 PM

Who's saying anything?

sbtatter
01-25-2012, 06:56 PM

What?

Joe Hallenback
01-25-2012, 07:14 PM
Well the blades are pretty much returning their entire team next year so they should be as good this year. What they lack is some star power but I am sure they will break the bank to get it.

I would imagine someone like McNeil,Lowry,Murray, and Walker will be looked at. They add 2 of those guys and 1 or 2 more solid players and they will be very good

mjw22
01-25-2012, 07:16 PM
Your right. We got our ass kicked twice by Windsor in the same tournement. There is no excuse for it at all. Windsor was a better team, and we didn't deserve to win.

When was the last time blades made the Memorial Cup. I do remember in 96our wheat kings won a WHL championship banner. What have you guys done since 96, in fact when have you ever won WHL Championship. You haven't. The Pats... Well I don't need to go any further because saying the name is the punchline!!! When you guys hosted the tournement, werent you guys eliminated from play offs in the second round?

Brandon has owned this division for almost two decades. Since 94-95 we have won 8 division titles, to me thats remarkable. In the Western Hockey League Brandon is a threat every year just like the Red Wings are a threat every year in the NHL.

Saskatoon will be the first team eliminated from next years tournement. Going into our Memcup season we had Schenn, Calvert, Glennie, Rajala, Robak, Urbom. What do you have for a nuculeus that even compares.....

Again you have how many Cups and to compare WK to Red Wings is a joke they have won Stanley cups . Weyburn Red Wings have more Cups than WK's. Whats remarkable is WK's have had all these glory teams and NEVER won the cup .:groovy:

booboo
01-25-2012, 07:36 PM
Again you have how many Cups and to compare WK to Red Wings is a joke they have won Stanley cups . Weyburn Red Wings have more Cups than WK's. Whats remarkable is WK's have had all these glory teams and NEVER won the cup .:groovy:

You're right ---it is fricken amazing--they have the number of Mem Cups as the Warrioettes

patsdude114
01-25-2012, 09:09 PM
last nite even after the game the WHL game sheet said Hubic fought Honey but now the game sheet is saying Hubic fought Miller.... haha are the ppl in Cranbrook that stupid that they cant tell the difference between a goalie & a skater??

Rye
01-26-2012, 12:08 AM
What's with all this Memorial Cup chatter? Since when did the team with the most cups automatically become the best? Does the past have anything to do with now? No.

I'm fine with trash talking but if you're going to say the same thing over and over and over, take a hike. The playoffs haven't even started, why is anyone talking about the Memorial Cup? Especially Blades fans, we aren't hosting it this year, maybe you should worry about the team THIS season and worry about next year in the off-season. Or are we just pulling the plug on this season already and that's why you keep talking about next year? If so, you shouldn't be chirping anyone else.

mjw22
01-26-2012, 12:19 AM
--they have the number of Mem Cups as the Warrioettes

What ? English please. Get your head out of the picnic basket or let yogi help you. Another beat down tonight oh my what a scary offensive Juggernaut . Refresh my memory didn't a few on here say WK's were gonna score 5-6 goals a game or was it give up 7-8 a game. I think this downfall may have started with that 8-2 beating by the Warrioettes . :D:D:D:D:D

Joe Hallenback
01-26-2012, 08:38 AM
Actually most of the chatter is from MJW22

He can't seem to keep his mouth shut for some reason. It is starting to remind of that other board were it was non stop trash talk which to me is childish and it shows the small mentality of people that like to do that. They can't argue in an intelligent manner and resort to childish comments like the one above me.

Ill give credit to any team that is successful. This year is going from very good to very bad and we should be doing far better then we have lately.

But the season is far from over and anything can happen in the playoffs

Western Elite
01-26-2012, 09:36 AM
Well the blades are pretty much returning their entire team next year so they should be as good this year. What they lack is some star power but I am sure they will break the bank to get it.

I would imagine someone like McNeil,Lowry,Murray, and Walker will be looked at. They add 2 of those guys and 1 or 2 more solid players and they will be very good

Sorry but Walker doesn't qualify as "star power"! He will be an average, smallish type 20 yr old who the Blades won't be in he hunt for. The others you mention are strong possibilities in what they would be looking for but I'd be surprised if they acquired any of the players you list.

Prince Albert and Saskatoon will be unlikely trading partners. I know they have made deals before but McNeill is different and could lead the Raiders to a much needed playoff berth next year on what should be a vastly improved team.

Lowry is a wildcard as well. Swift Current will also likely have a turn-a-round type season.

I think Soetart is set on having Murray retire from the WHL as a Tip!

GoldenBoy
01-26-2012, 09:42 AM

You know absolutely nothing about hockey!! You think cause your team has one good year in the last 7 that your on top of the hockey world if you recall me saying

"Brandon has owned this division for almost two decades. Since 94-95 we have won 8 division titles, to me thats remarkable. In the Western Hockey League Brandon is a threat every year just like the Red Wings are a threat every year in the NHL."

The last two decades no one in our division has won a mem cup. We at least have a WHL championship to our name in the time period mentioned. Man are you seriously that dumb???

GoldenBoy
01-26-2012, 09:44 AM
last nite even after the game the WHL game sheet said Hubic fought Honey but now the game sheet is saying Hubic fought Miller.... haha are the ppl in Cranbrook that stupid that they cant tell the difference between a goalie & a skater??

number 35 compared to number 32.. I see what your saying though. Regardless of how close the number is

chalk_one_up
01-26-2012, 09:56 AM
Sorry but Walker doesn't qualify as "star power"! He will be an average, smallish type 20 yr old who the Blades won't be in he hunt for. The others you mention are strong possibilities in what they would be looking for but I'd be surprised if they acquired any of the players you list.

Prince Albert and Saskatoon will be unlikely trading partners. I know they have made deals before but McNeill is different and could lead the Raiders to a much needed playoff berth next year on what should be a vastly improved team.

Lowry is a wildcard as well. Swift Current will also likely have a turn-a-round type season.

Blades could be hooped if that logic stands true. As for the Raider statement about making the playoffs, it's highly doubtful. They will be taking a step back once again rather than making steps forward.

Joe Hallenback
01-26-2012, 10:00 AM

He would be a guy that will garner quite a bit of discussion in a trade. Number 1 he can play and provide offensive. Number 2 he has mem cup experience. He would be a real glue guy for your team I think. While you wouldn't have to break the bank ala Schenn/Eakin it would cost a decent amount to get him. I just don't see anyone on Kootenay as good as him that has Mem cup experience.

That was something I thought hurt Brandon we had 0 guys on our team with Mem cup experience.

GoldenBoy
01-26-2012, 10:07 AM
He would be a guy that will garner quite a bit of discussion in a trade. Number 1 he can play and provide offensive. Number 2 he has mem cup experience. He would be a real glue guy for your team I think. While you wouldn't have to break the bank ala Schenn/Eakin it would cost a decent amount to get him. I just don't see anyone on Kootenay as good as him that has Mem cup experience.

That was something I thought hurt Brandon we had 0 guys on our team with Mem cup experience.

Does anyone know if the OHL and Qmjhl loose as much players to the NCAA route?

Western Elite
01-26-2012, 10:11 AM
Blades could be hooped if that logic stands true. As for the Raider statement about making the playoffs, it's highly doubtful. They will be taking a step back once again rather than making steps forward.

It will be pretty hard for the Raiders to take a step back next year when they are about as low as they can possibly get right now. Next year, they will return some decent talent up front with Winther, McNeill, McVeigh, Bardaro and others who can chip in with the likes of speedy Danyluk, gritty euro Hlinka and Knutsen. Then you can add in a pretty good young 16 yr old in Reid Gardiner. They are finally heading in the right direction.

Defensively, Prince Albert could have a first rounder in the making with Josh Morrissey. He in my opinion should've been a top 2 pick in his bantam draft year! Ruopp is one of the hardest hitters in the league and makes a good pairing with Morrissey. Corbin, Guenther, Yaworski and Lange will all be back and a year older.

In goal they will look to Holowenko and the experience he gained this year to lead them. He'll will have to be more consistent though.

Prince Albert should in fact be a playoff team.

Joe Hallenback
01-26-2012, 10:13 AM
It will be pretty hard for the Raiders to take a step back next year when they are about as low as they can possibly get right now. Next year, they will return some decent talent up front with Winther, McNeill, McVeigh, Bardaro and others who can chip in with the likes of speedy Danyluk, gritty euro Hlinka and Knutsen. Then you can add in a pretty good young 16 yr old in Reid Gardiner. They are finally heading in the right direction.

Defensively, Prince Albert could have a first rounder in the making with Josh Morrissey. He in my opinion should've been a top 2 pick in his bantam draft year! Ruopp is one of the hardest hitters in the league and makes a good pairing with Morrissey. Corbin, Guenther, Yaworski and Lange will all be back and a year older.

In goal they will look to Holowenko and the experience he gained this year to lead them. He'll will have to be more consistent though.

Prince Albert should in fact be a playoff team.

I would have thought they would be a playoff team this year.

chalk_one_up
01-26-2012, 10:17 AM
I would have thought they would be a playoff team this year.

Other than a few, they are really average. People need to see that.

mjw22
01-26-2012, 10:58 AM
Actually most of the chatter is from MJW22

He can't seem to keep his mouth shut for some reason. It is starting to remind of that other board were it was non stop trash talk which to me is childish and it shows the small mentality of people that like to do that. They can't argue in an intelligent manner and resort to childish comments like the one above me.

Ill give credit to any team that is successful. This year is going from very good to very bad and we should be doing far better then we have lately.

But the season is far from over and anything can happen in the playoffs

hey joe pm me if you'd like to come talk to me at a warrior game i'll give u some seat info then u can shut my mouth. You might want to READ the post i was replying to . But I noticed now that WK are losing some on here aren't as cocky as 2 weeks ago.

lordstanley
01-26-2012, 11:03 AM
No offense to Walker i just don't see him as a fit to a Mem Cup roster to me he would be just a average overager

booboo
01-26-2012, 12:33 PM
hey joe pm me if you'd like to come talk to me at a warrior game i'll give u some seat info then u can shut my mouth. You might want to READ the post i was replying to . But I noticed now that WK are losing some on here aren't as cocky as 2 weeks ago.

Boy are you one yappy son of a bit**!!! Your team has done squat in the last 20 years so just because you finally have a decent team you have no right or credibility to to be able to put down other teams. Yor are having trouble leading a one car parade so best you be quiet or at very least a little more tolerantof other posters.:frog:

GoldenBoy
01-26-2012, 12:43 PM
Boy are you one yappy son of a bit**!!! Your team has done squat in the last 20 years so just because you finally have a decent team you have no right or credibility to to be able to put down other teams. Yor are having trouble leading a one car parade so best you be quiet or at very least a little more tolerantof other posters.:frog:

After this year, you wont even know who Mjw22 is, because he will go in hibernation for another 20 years as will the MJ warriors

mjw22
01-26-2012, 12:50 PM
:D:D:D:D:D this from a list player

After this year, you wont even know who Mjw22 is, because he will go in hibernation for another 20 years as will the MJ warriors
:D:D:D:D:D from a grinder

Joe Hallenback
01-26-2012, 01:05 PM

lol give your head a shake. What are you like 10? Or do you just act like your 10?

I can talk like an idiot too on a message board. COME AND SEE ME AT A BRANDON GAME AND SEE IF YOU CAN SHUT MY MOUTH. btw I would have no problem telling you to do so and you would do just that I have no doubt about it.

Oh look what I did say something that will never ever happen. What a internet tough guy I am.

I thnk it might best if everyone just puts you on ignore

Joe Hallenback
01-26-2012, 01:07 PM
No offense to Walker i just don't see him as a fit to a Mem Cup roster to me he would be just a average overager

Well considering right now he would lead the Blades in scoring that would hardly make him average.

lordstanley
01-26-2012, 01:12 PM
Well considering right now he would lead the Blades in scoring that would hardly make him average.

Walker on the Blades right now would have 35 points tops both teams play a diff style fo game put stransky with stone and ferland all year and he has 55 points easy

Western Elite
01-26-2012, 01:26 PM
Couldn't have said it better myself Lordstanley!

People read way too much in to statistics. Kevin Sundher putting up that many points in Victoria, you knew would go down due to the fact he isn't playing half the game anymore and not getting 2 full minutes each PP. That is another example of skewed stats.

Do you take Walker or Nicholls? My hunch is Brandon fans would say Walker is better cause he has more points!!

Historically Brandon always has high scoring player statistics just due to the run and gun style they play.

mjw22
01-26-2012, 01:30 PM
lol give your head a shake. What are you like 10? Or do you just act like your 10?

I can talk like an idiot too on a message board. COME AND SEE ME AT A BRANDON GAME AND SEE IF YOU CAN SHUT MY MOUTH. btw I would have no problem telling you to do so and you would do just that I have no doubt about it.

Oh look what I did say something that will never ever happen. What a internet tough guy I am.

I thnk it might best if everyone just puts you on ignore

lol :bowdown: :nope: :boring: yes you are:scrapitup::scrapitup: dont think you would :)

Pecker
01-26-2012, 01:33 PM
Ugh! This forum is turning into the White Board. No actual real insight or talk about the WHL, just bickering back and forth. Just ignore these guys and lets talk about the Wheaties performance... or lack thereof.

I am a huge wheaties fan but lets face it, this team is not in a slump, they stink! We're not just losing games, we're getting blown away! And you can bet we'll get destroyed by Edmonton tomorrow. (Hope they prove me wrong).

Not a great game for Boes' first game back, understandably a little rusty but he'd better shake that rust off quick! And Honey didn't fair much better in relief. Honey had a great game against Kooteny but we need a goalie who can put back to back good games together. Some consistency in net would be nice.

This just isn't KM's year but its hard to blame him cuz how could he have seen it coming. How did he know CC was going to demoralize and ruin the team? How did he know that the three trades he made this year, that all of them wouldn't work out.
Dziurzynski has been the biggest plug on this team besides maybe Mraz or Melnychuk. But Mraz isn't expected to put up huge numbers or be a physical presence, Dziurzynski is! He is such a lazy ass out there! He won't back check, he just sits at the blue line waiting to get the pass and when he doesn't, he just leaves the ice. When he does, he tries to take it himself and does nothing! Pass the puck!! Loved that he got put on the third line against Kooteny!
The Anderson trade... well we all know how that turned out. That was a bit of a wash though. We basically just swapped bad goaltenders and got rid of a D-man which there was no room for anyway.
The results of the Sundhar trade are still pending, nice to see him get a goal in each of the last two games. If we miss the playoffs or are out in the first round, it'll suck we gave up a 1st rounder for that.
The deals looked good on paper! How could KM not take those deals.
It just seems like there's almost too many scorers on the team (if thats possible). The guys don't know what their roles are anymore. Should they pass or should they shoot?
And I'll end this with another shot at Melnychuk. He peaked at 18, he has no business being in this league as a 20 year old.

Have a good day everyone and may God have mercy on the Wheatkings against Edmonton!

mjw22
01-26-2012, 01:43 PM
Ugh! This forum is turning into the White Board. No actual real insight or talk about the WHL, just bickering back and forth. Just ignore these guys and lets talk about the Wheaties performance... or lack thereof.

I am a huge wheaties fan but lets face it, this team is not in a slump, they stink! We're not just losing games, we're getting blown away! And you can bet we'll get destroyed by Edmonton tomorrow. (Hope they prove me wrong).

Not a great game for Boes' first game back, understandably a little rusty but he'd better shake that rust off quick! And Honey didn't fair much better in relief. Honey had a great game against Kooteny but we need a goalie who can put back to back good games together. Some consistency in net would be nice.

This just isn't KM's year but its hard to blame him cuz how could he have seen it coming. How did he know CC was going to demoralize and ruin the team? How did he know that the three trades he made this year, that all of them wouldn't work out.
Dziurzynski has been the biggest plug on this team besides maybe Mraz or Melnychuk. But Mraz isn't expected to put up huge numbers or be a physical presence, Dziurzynski is! He is such a lazy ass out there! He won't back check, he just sits at the blue line waiting to get the pass and when he doesn't, he just leaves the ice. When he does, he tries to take it himself and does nothing! Pass the puck!! Loved that he got put on the third line against Kooteny!
The Anderson trade... well we all know how that turned out. That was a bit of a wash though. We basically just swapped bad goaltenders and got rid of a D-man which there was no room for anyway.
The results of the Sundhar trade are still pending, nice to see him get a goal in each of the last two games. If we miss the playoffs or are out in the first round, it'll suck we gave up a 1st rounder for that.
It just seems like there's almost too many scorers on the team (if thats possible). The guys don't know what their roles are anymore. Should they pass or should they shoot?
And I'll end this with another shot at Melnychuk. He peaked at 18, he has no business being in this league as a 20 year old.

Have a good day everyone and may God have mercy on the Wheatkings against Edmonton!

I agree what surprises me is KM continuing to leave CC behind the bench. Has he overused his top guys to the point they're gassed or just indifferent . Looks a lot like Ottawa. When they lost 8-2 here even when they were still in the game most of the bench looked disinterested . 2-7 since the deadline. Could they players have thought KM was going to address the d and goaltending and when he didn't hate to say gave up on but maybe less convinced in CC and KM .

Joe Hallenback
01-26-2012, 01:47 PM
Couldn't have said it better myself Lordstanley!

People read way too much in to statistics. Kevin Sundher putting up that many points in Victoria, you knew would go down due to the fact he isn't playing half the game anymore and not getting 2 full minutes each PP. That is another example of skewed stats.

Do you take Walker or Nicholls? My hunch is Brandon fans would say Walker is better cause he has more points!!

Historically Brandon always has high scoring player statistics just due to the run and gun style they play.

No what I am saying is I don't think there are many players in the WHL that have the offense Walker has and his experience in the Mem Cup. Actually I don't think there will be any player in the WHL that would come close.

Was that another Walker that had a 4 pointer against you a week ago?

The Brandon scores more argument isn't really true either. We have 190 goals for in 50 games. Saskatoon has 181 goals for in 48 games. 3.8 Goals per game vs 3.77 goals per game.

He isn't a Mark Stone but is he the same as Josh Nichols? Probably.

mjw22
01-26-2012, 02:00 PM
The last game in MJ Walker was one of the few that played hard right to the end . Just about every shift you noticed him trying to get something going offensively. Seems to play the game with passion something some of his team mates may be lacking.

booboo
01-26-2012, 02:12 PM

It definately looks like KM's trades this year are backfiring on him. I agree with you that on paper the trades looked OK, but in reality they suck. The only assets they gave up that bother me are the 2nd round picks for DD and the 1st round pick for Sundher. If I was the WK brass I would be finding out for the rest of the year which of my returning players want to play here and which don't. As a season ticket holder I would not mind if the team got a lot younger next but at least worked hard. Much better than this year's team of quitters and underachievers. I guess the NHL signed players are playing out the string and wanting to go to the AHL after the team fails to make the playoffs. Saturday's game against Red Deer might just show where we finish this year. Hard to fathom how fast we have gone downhill this year. Could it be the coaching??? Food for thought. :dead:

Joe Hallenback
01-26-2012, 02:16 PM
I think were going to end up much younger by default next year anyway. Alot of 16 and 17 year old forwards in the lineup

mjw22
01-26-2012, 02:19 PM
It definately looks like KM's trades this year are backfiring on him. I agree with you that on paper the trades looked OK, but in reality they suck. The only assets they gave up that bother me are the 2nd round picks for DD and the 1st round pick for Sundher. If I was the WK brass I would be finding out for the rest of the year which of my returning players want to play here and which don't. As a season ticket holder I would not mind if the team got a lot younger next but at least worked hard. Much better than this year's team of quitters and underachievers. I guess the NHL signed players are playing out the string and wanting to go to the AHL after the team fails to make the playoffs. Saturday's game against Red Deer might just show where we finish this year. Hard to fathom how fast we have gone downhill this year. Could it be the coaching??? Food for thought. :dead:

Good pts there's always the concern with signed players looking to cash in if they don't feel they have a shot at going deep. too bad WHL couldn't get an agreement in place where no players move up until our play offs are in at least 3rd round. Then teams may see a better effort from these guys.

lordstanley
01-26-2012, 02:57 PM
No what I am saying is I don't think there are many players in the WHL that have the offense Walker has and his experience in the Mem Cup. Actually I don't think there will be any player in the WHL that would come close.

Was that another Walker that had a 4 pointer against you a week ago?

The Brandon scores more argument isn't really true either. We have 190 goals for in 50 games. Saskatoon has 181 goals for in 48 games. 3.8 Goals per game vs 3.77 goals per game.

He isn't a Mark Stone but is he the same as Josh Nichols? Probably.

Ok you think probably Walker is better than Nicholls ? lol im not sure after a comment like that we can discuss Hockey anymore it's a pretty strange comment

Ott
01-26-2012, 03:13 PM

What makes you so sure its Clouston demoralizing the team? Unless you're in that locker room you don't know. Could there be other issue like the Asst Coaches are mad they didn't get the head coaching job, or KM is still trying to coach and its causing confusion or the players just arent that good. Clouston, while he had issue in Ott, was pretty good with the Ice. Coaches just don't forget to coach, yea he maybe a hard ass but that's doesn't mean the players have a right to pout. Again unless you're in the locker room you don't really know. These boys need to grow up, they're only hurting their futures not just Clouston. I'm so tired with the blame the coach excuse at all levels of hockey. When does the player need to take responsiblity for himself. Maybe the whole team should come to the States, I'm sure they'd like a Nanny State.

Joe Hallenback
01-26-2012, 03:27 PM
Ok you think probably Walker is better than Nicholls ? lol im not sure after a comment like that we can discuss Hockey anymore it's a pretty strange comment

No I didn't say that. I think he had a great year last year and much like Walker was probably helped out by playing with Hamilton or Viedensky.

If you want to think the Blades are super defensive and don't score as much as other teams then so be it.

But the stats say otherwise.

The other thing is why would you not want Walker on your team. He would be my first phone call. A draft pick and Stockl and it is a done deal

patsdude114
01-26-2012, 03:34 PM
Clouston, while he had issue in Ott, was pretty good with the Ice. Coaches just don't forget to coach, yea he maybe a hard ass but that's doesn't mean the players have a right to pout. Again unless you're in the locker room you don't really know. These boys need to grow up, they're only hurting their futures not just Clouston. I'm so tired with the blame the coach excuse at all levels of hockey. When does the player need to take responsiblity for himself.

the Hard ass coaches dont work anymore these days, players are different then they were even 7-10yrs ago... players get agents at a much younger age now players get more rights, u need a players coach... gone are the days of Bob Lowes type....

Players see Clouston as an NHL failure not what he had accomplished in the WHL prior to his NHL stint. Clouston will never get another NHL job after this season with the WKs, he failed badly in Ottawa & is failing with a very good WKs team on paper... maybe him & Hunt can get on with a Jr A club somewhere lol

patsdude114
01-26-2012, 03:43 PM
Ok you think probably Walker is better than Nicholls ?

there 2 very simliar type players i dont think 1 is better then the other they are both a point/game type player.

I doubt the Blades get Nicholls back next season but with that said hosting the Memorial Cup is a great upside in sending him back to junior to play his final year out.

Walker & Nicholls will both be Top 10 20yr olds next season, debates could easily be made for Top 5 as well.

The Blades will definately need an upgrade on Collins for a 20yr old next season, he will be dealt early if not in the summer. I thik Collins can still bring alot to another team just not to a team that is hosting the Memorial Cup.

If the Royals stumble out of the gates again next year the Blades will go after Crooks, Crooks by the looks of how the 20yr olds are shaping up next season will be a Top 3 20yr old & could be even the best of all 20yr olds. A welcome back to Saskatoon for Crooks would be a great thing for the Blades.

Ott
01-26-2012, 05:12 PM
the Hard ass coaches dont work anymore these days, players are different then they were even 7-10yrs ago... players get agents at a much younger age now players get more rights, u need a players coach... gone are the days of Bob Lowes type....

Players see Clouston as an NHL failure not what he had accomplished in the WHL prior to his NHL stint. Clouston will never get another NHL job after this season with the WKs, he failed badly in Ottawa & is failing with a very good WKs team on paper... maybe him & Hunt can get on with a Jr A club somewhere lol

Funny Hitch seems to be doing pretty well in St. Louis. CC didn't fail badly in Ott, the first season wasn't bad and seeing he never had a goaltender the whole time. Yes, I agree Clouston needs to realise that not everyone has his work ethic but this players could use some. I'm soo tired of players having to be treated with kid gloves. Why shouldn't these players take responsiblity for their actions. What a joke of Boes talking about how hard it was watching the team struggle and he couldn't help because he was injuried. Hhm, maybe he should of thought of that before he punch a door like a 5 year old because he didn't get a toy at the store. Good for Clouston for trying to teach players responsiblity then need it, most won't make it to the "Show" and need to learn real life skills.

mjw22
01-26-2012, 05:28 PM
Funny Hitch seems to be doing pretty well in St. Louis. CC didn't fail badly in Ott, the first season wasn't bad and seeing he never had a goaltender the whole time. Yes, I agree Clouston needs to realise that not everyone has his work ethic but this players could use some. I'm soo tired of players having to be treated with kid gloves. Why shouldn't these players take responsiblity for their actions. What a joke of Boes talking about how hard it was watching the team struggle and he couldn't help because he was injuried. Hhm, maybe he should of thought of that before he punch a door like a 5 year old because he didn't get a toy at the store. Good for Clouston for trying to teach players responsiblity then need it, most won't make it to the "Show" and need to learn real life skills.

That's the problem now days they all have to be babied . Or they run crying to their agents .

SectionNDeserter
01-26-2012, 05:51 PM
Could there be other issue like the Asst Coaches are mad they didn't get the head coaching jobMaybe, but Gylywoychuk would take his frustration out on his chewing gum. ;)

GoldenBoy
01-26-2012, 06:09 PM
That's the problem now days they all have to be babied . Or they run crying to their agents .

First time I am agreeing with you. But you are absolutely right.

fatshad
01-26-2012, 06:16 PM
Well, my guess is, we will probably have the best goalie tandem in the league next year in Marakov and Moodie, our defense core is young, but solid with the expection of Cox being a 20 year old and may not be there next year, our offense might be a problem if Nicholls doesn't come, but we seem to spread around, there's Stransky, Olsen, Collins?, all of the exciting rookies we will have Hickmott, Graham, and a solid coach in Molleken, so yeah I think we should have a pretty good team next year, barring trades at the deadline........., that's my opinion.......

You need a 20 year old with offensive ability and the ability to bury pucks !! Unfortunately that is not Collins !! He is a checker and a great skater !! offensive upside is weak !! ;)

Rye
01-26-2012, 06:48 PM

Yeah, I'm sure Boesy punched the door with full intention to break his hand. While I agree the players need to man up, it's ridiculous to trash a guy that shows that much care and heart for winning. It wasn't smart at all to express anger that way after being left hung to dry but at least he showed that he cares. There are too many guys these days, in the league not just one specific team, with players that don't care. They're just about partying, getting girls, and getting attention and it's very sad.

Ott
01-26-2012, 07:31 PM

Sadly, it's not just in hockey or pro sports, it seems to be the age of entitlement.

WHLFANMAN
01-26-2012, 07:39 PM
Do we realy think this team became a bunch of whimpy winers over Christmas? Was KM a soft coach last year and now the team folds under CC because he may be a hard ass!:confused: I think we all have to admit this is quite an anomily. I fear the slide has the layers of an onion. Just to comment on one of the layers. IMHO the best line out there last night was the 4th. and they were not used as such? On the flip side some of the so called go to guys that were folding like a cheep tent kept thier pecking order. We talk about not knowing what goes on in the locker room fine, but I don't see accountability on the ice! Man! I wish I had something posative to say! "GO WHEATIES!" come on lets get going!!!!!!!:karate:

mjw22
01-26-2012, 07:57 PM
Sadly, it's not just in hockey or pro sports, it seems to be the age of entitlement.

Bang on with that comment .

fatshad
01-26-2012, 09:59 PM

I personally feel bad for Kevin Sundher as he has no choice in where a trade sends him !! Sundher wears his heart on his sleeve and obviously arrived at a time when the Wheaties are a dysfunctional mess for whatever reasons . I do believe that Sundher was OK with the rebuilding situation in Victoria and would have been happy just trying to help them make the playoffs this year. Sundher deserves Edmonton or Tri Citie but thats not the cards that were dealt !!!! :o

fatshad
01-26-2012, 10:25 PM
there 2 very simliar type players i dont think 1 is better then the other they are both a point/game type player.

I doubt the Blades get Nicholls back next season but with that said hosting the Memorial Cup is a great upside in sending him back to junior to play his final year out.

Walker & Nicholls will both be Top 10 20yr olds next season, debates could easily be made for Top 5 as well.

The Blades will definately need an upgrade on Collins for a 20yr old next season, he will be dealt early if not in the summer. I thik Collins can still bring alot to another team just not to a team that is hosting the Memorial Cup.

If the Royals stumble out of the gates again next year the Blades will go after Crooks, Crooks by the looks of how the 20yr olds are shaping up next season will be a Top 3 20yr old & could be even the best of all 20yr olds. A welcome back to Saskatoon for Crooks would be a great thing for the Blades.

You could be right !! Nicholls , Stransky and Crooks could be dynamite offensively especially on the Power Play !! I feel that Nicholls will be back , considering that Stoon is hosting the cup and reallisticaly Nichols needs to beef up that frame prior to pro !! Another year asa a stud would not hurt at all !!

mjw22
01-27-2012, 10:51 PM
6-2 owch :)
the WK blues by J cash
can ya hear those rebels comin
comin around the bend
they're gonna catch ya
ya just dont know when

:) just messing with ya if ya don't laugh ya might cry

JMoney1988
01-27-2012, 11:07 PM

I know and with Red Deer winning 3-2 in overtime, they are only two points back WITH 3 games in hand, ouch, what happened to your season?????

drummermajor
01-27-2012, 11:46 PM
For the life of me, I can't figure out what's going on here...

I've never met anyone content with losing, so I can't understand why it seems like this team is. Even the players like with a history of work ethic like Pulock mope around the ice looking defeated before the play even begins. It seems to me like Bertaggia and Swyripa are the only two giving an honest effort at times.

Even if the players don't have a problem CC, his choices in line combinations, and line matching baffle me in every game and I wonder if the players might be just as confused as to what he's trying to do.

wheatiesfan
01-28-2012, 12:06 AM
I think that Kelly McCrimmon will make a move soon to try to shake the team up. These guys aren't playing anywhere near what they are capable of as was shown in the first half of the season. Knowing how Kelly likes making money, the thought of missing playoff revenue will force him to replace Clouston with either himself or a combination of of himself and his assistents. For whatever reason, Cory Clouston is not getting his players to put out for him. I look to Boes to return to the way he has played in the past when he shakes off the rust and Honey looks like he can play in the league. Anderson Im afraid I just dont have confidence in him to be a consistent goalie. The defence and forwards can do an adequate job defensively if they put there minds to it. I hope the worm turns soon, as this isnt any fun for anyone involved with Brandon Wheatkings hockey.:(

sbtatter
01-28-2012, 12:27 AM
the WK blues by J cash
can ya hear those rebels comin
comin around the bend
they're gonna catch ya
ya just dont know when

:) just messing with ya if ya don't laugh ya might cry

We're crying, not laughing:( Kidding, but barely!!

patsdude114
01-28-2012, 12:34 AM
Could Saturday nites game be the biggest of the season for the WKs playing in Red Deer with 2pts separating the teams for the final playoff spot.... a possible RD win puts them tied with the WKs with 3 games in hand, this will be a MUST win for the WKs a loss & that could be there season with 6pts open for the Rebels to get that the WKs cant counter for.

Should be a great game to attend in RD that is of course if the WKs show up, if the WKs cant get up for this game then Clouston has completely lost control of the dressing room & a firing must happen if they want to push for the playoffs.

Ott
01-28-2012, 08:42 AM
Ok, Stone showed a flash of his old self last night but I'm not sure I'm still looking forward to him coming to Ottawa. There's too much of history of primadonnas there I don't think they need another one. Maybe instead of tweeting "Respect yourself and respect your peers... Always give it the best you can not matter what the circumstances. #turntheshiparound" he shold walk the walk not just talk the talk. PS what about respect for your Coach, GM, organization and fans?

AAAScout
01-28-2012, 10:57 AM
tonight is a must win!! and I see Kelly making a change very very soon, I would imagine replacing Cloutson with himself, Kelly will guide them to the playoffs and Clouston seems to have been tuned out by his players already.

WHLFANMAN
01-28-2012, 12:37 PM
tonight is a must win!! and I see Kelly making a change very very soon, I would imagine replacing Cloutson with himself, Kelly will guide them to the playoffs and Clouston seems to have been tuned out by his players already.

I guess it comes with the territory. Like pulling a goalie, whether or not it's their fault a change can help the team. Hope I'm not over simplifying here but, IMHO there seems to be a main engredient of orginized confusion. I refuse to bow down to allegations the entire team has become effortless spoiled, winers!

WHLFANMAN
01-28-2012, 12:44 PM
With all the personalities on this blog, we all seem to "AGREE"on one thing whatever reason this team is playing way below it's potential!:confused:

CanesCrazy
01-28-2012, 01:48 PM
We here in Lethbridge have noticed that Anderson has been no where near the roster for a few games now. Is he injured or sick? Or have the coaching staff simply given up on him? I saw one of his saves in the most recent plays of the week which made me hopeful for him although I realize one save does not a great goaltender make. Still, while it was obvious his leaving here was long overdue, we still hoped he would do well.

TJohnson
01-28-2012, 01:57 PM
Unfortunately for Anderson, he finds himself in a position of not playing. Since joining the Wheat Kings he has 10 wins, 14 losses, GAA 4.19 and an .885 save percentage. He has struggled along with the whole team. I feel bad for Anderson because he gets basically hung out to dry every game he plays. The big save you saw on the highlights was probably a result of him being so out of position that he had to scramble back to make a save.... (which should have been an easy one). But..regardless of what team he is on, I can't see his numbers being much better. After 17 year old promising goaltender Curtis Honey signed with the Wheat Kings and Boes' hand injury has healed, Anderson finds himself on the sidelines.

Rye
01-28-2012, 03:35 PM
Boesy's hand is still broken actually but it doesn't need a cast anymore, that's why he can play now. He'll also start tonight, this game should definitely be a gooder with a playoff like speed. Boys are frustrated and know what this game means so here's hoping they all wake up and take this 4pt game.

mjw22
01-28-2012, 04:25 PM
Knowing how much more informed and knowledgeable players are now as well as spoiled at times. Could some of the veterans be pissed that in their last year KM did nothing to address the def woes of the team and are now showing it in their play. Since the deadline 2-8 says something ? maybe mad at KM & CC . :confused:

Boltz9
01-28-2012, 04:34 PM
I'm not sure if I'm the only one, but I almost want them to lose tonight so KM might finally make a change at coach. That's if he is even thinking about doing it this year.

We have the pieces to be a successful team but they don't seem to have any confidence or much effort. They come out and play good in the first few minutes of every game, then they get stuck in their own end and give up a goal. Then it just goes downhill from there. I wish they had kept stats on how many turnovers a team has, because I'm sure Brandon would lead the league.

Stone is either hurt and/or tired, or he doesn't want to play for CC like the rest of the team, because he hasn't been himself.

I also don't get all of the drastic changes in the lineups from game to game, Although I still wish they would go back to Stone playing with Bertaggia like they were at the start of the year when they lit it up.

Ott
01-28-2012, 04:45 PM
I'm not sure if I'm the only one, but I almost want them to lose tonight so KM might finally make a change at coach. That's if he is even thinking about doing it this year.

We have the pieces to be a successful team but they don't seem to have any confidence or much effort. They come out and play good in the first few minutes of every game, then they get stuck in their own end and give up a goal. Then it just goes downhill from there. I wish they had kept stats on how many turnovers a team has, because I'm sure Brandon would lead the league.

Stone is either hurt and/or tired, or he doesn't want to play for CC like the rest of the team, because he hasn't been himself.

I also don't get all of the drastic changes in the lineups from game to game, Although I still wish they would go back to Stone playing with Bertaggia like they were at the start of the year when they lit it up.

Sorry but I think you're letting the players off to easy, esp Stone. Maybe whatever issue is the answer is the same sit his ass. Bit too early in his career to becomse such a primadonna. I'm sure Clouston isn't the easiest coach but he can't be that bad or KM would never of hired him. As I stated before I think Stone has adopted the Ott attitude on Clouston and the guy hasn't been given a fair chance. He seemed to do pretty well when he coached the Ice that's how he got a shot at the Show in the first place. The players need to take some responsibility an start doing there job and I'm not sure which one is in charge but the Asst Coach in charge of speciality teams could use a swift kick too.

As for the line changes does Clouston really have a choice, he needs to try something I'm sure he doesn't want to tell his family "Hey we have to move again, I'm a loser". Not too mention if he didn't try to change up the lines considering the way they are playing the fans would be all over him to switch up the lines.

chalk_one_up
01-28-2012, 10:31 PM
Brandon blows the 3rd period lead in 3...2...1...

sbtatter
01-28-2012, 10:56 PM
Wow, a W that i did not expect!
Hard to believe the WK's went 2 and 2 on this trip with the paucity of scoring, but I'll take it! Now, can they take some momentum from it? Time will tell.....

The Wheatiemaniac
01-28-2012, 11:17 PM

that probably helped us get the two points.

I won't hear the end of it if I'm wrong, but I feel we can finally turn a corner here and get things rolling. Boes coming back, I figured he would have have some rust to kick off of him. But when he's in net, he can slow a game down for us. Anderson can't and Honey isn't quite there yet. I love that Honey is a battler, doesn't give up on plays easily, willing to throw himself towards a shot to give himself a chance.

The guys have seen what Boes can do for them in the crease. That breeds confidence. Anderson was brought here to do that and has shown he can't do it consistently at all. This does not breed confidence. So we shall see how we can do now that Boesy has his groove coming back. We could possibly, and should be winning most of our games in Feb. since there is alot of teams on the schedule that are below us. WE NEED TO KEEP THEM THERE!!!

I truly believe that this is our new beginning. Boes will right his ship, and others will follow. And hey, Sundher might start producing too, I hope.

WHLFANMAN
01-28-2012, 11:46 PM
great effort backed by solid goaltending! More physical around the net! Rookie Nikkel some huge hits and took down 2 Rebels at once infront in the 3rd. Can't waite to see him when he's a 200lb D man! :karate: Obvoiusly work to be done but atleast were facing the right direction tonight!;)

sbtatter
01-29-2012, 12:23 AM
great effort backed by solid goaltending! More physical around the net! Rookie Nikkel some huge hits and took down 2 Rebels at once infront in the 3rd. Can't waite to see him when he's a 200lb D man! :karate: Obvoiusly work to be done but atleast were facing the right direction tonight!;)

Nikkels like a young Hamonic, lets hope he can develop that potential

wheatiesfan
01-29-2012, 12:49 AM
Nikkels like a young Hamonic, lets hope he can develop that potential

Nickkels like a young Kevin Chevaldayov maybe. :)

sbtatter
01-29-2012, 01:33 AM
This is the Kuczek I've been waiting to see, mean as he was in AAA. Good scrap here with a good middleweight in Wilson
http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/109244

fatshad
01-29-2012, 12:52 PM
that probably helped us get the two points.

I won't hear the end of it if I'm wrong, but I feel we can finally turn a corner here and get things rolling. Boes coming back, I figured he would have have some rust to kick off of him. But when he's in net, he can slow a game down for us. Anderson can't and Honey isn't quite there yet. I love that Honey is a battler, doesn't give up on plays easily, willing to throw himself towards a shot to give himself a chance.

The guys have seen what Boes can do for them in the crease. That breeds confidence. Anderson was brought here to do that and has shown he can't do it consistently at all. This does not breed confidence. So we shall see how we can do now that Boesy has his groove coming back. We could possibly, and should be winning most of our games in Feb. since there is alot of teams on the schedule that are below us. WE NEED TO KEEP THEM THERE!!!

I truly believe that this is our new beginning. Boes will right his ship, and others will follow. And hey, Sundher might start producing too, I hope.

Sundher will start to produce , he is to good not to turn it around !! Duirzynski I am not sure what is going on there !! Seems to me to be very unhappy in Brandon for whatever reason ! :confused:

Ott
01-29-2012, 01:17 PM
Still kinda new to the world of WHL. Is there a rule about how many goalies a team can carry? Does it open up after the trade deadline? Also, do all players have billets or are the overaged ones allowed to live on their own?

Thanks for the info.

mjw22
01-29-2012, 01:20 PM
Still kinda new to the world of WHL. Is there a rule about how many goalies a team can carry? Does it open up after the trade deadline? Also, do all players have billets or are the overaged ones allowed to live on their own?

Thanks for the info.

3, no, team rules would apply I would think

sbtatter
01-29-2012, 01:49 PM
3, no, team rules would apply I would think

Yeah, all the WK's live with Billets, including the 20 year olds...

The Wheatiemaniac
01-29-2012, 08:18 PM
This is the Kuczek I've been waiting to see, mean as he was in AAA. Good scrap here with a good middleweight in Wilson
http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/109244

Impressive, to say the least. Miller had fought Wilson in Brandon and got manhandled by Wilson. Kuczek went toe to toe and didn't give Wilson an inch. This further convinces me that Miller will not be needed as an overage next year. Dylan can police and play well on the blueline. Miller has shown lots of the undisciplined play that has held him back his whole junior career.

sbtatter
01-29-2012, 10:05 PM
Impressive, to say the least. Miller had fought Wilson in Brandon and got manhandled by Wilson. Kuczek went toe to toe and didn't give Wilson an inch. This further convinces me that Miller will not be needed as an overage next year. Dylan can police and play well on the blueline. Miller has shown lots of the undisciplined play that has held him back his whole junior career.

Kuczek is a big tough kid, I think he's going to turn into a bigger tougher version of Yeo I think...

booboo
01-29-2012, 10:12 PM
He will be needed next year to help protect some of the younger players as Ferland, Miller, and DD will be gone. Nikkel and Kuczek could create a lot of havoc if needed next year as they will a year older and stronger.:bounce:

sbtatter
01-29-2012, 10:16 PM
He will be needed next year to help protect some of the younger players as Ferland, Miller, and DD will be gone. Nikkel and Kuczek could create a lot of havoc if needed next year as they will a year older and stronger.:bounce:

If Miller goes, Walker would be the only OA, because we won't want to keep Anderson or Favreau, that's for sure

drummermajor
01-29-2012, 10:20 PM

But at the same time, I think Miller has improved his discipline greatly this year. Not perfect by no means, but I cringed the first time I saw him step off the bench to kill a penalty this year, but for the most part he has shown he has the ability to control himself and not take needless penalties at key times, or get out of position for the 'big hit'.

Since the slump he has been playing a lot less disciplined though.

booboo
01-29-2012, 10:28 PM
But at the same time, I think Miller has improved his discipline greatly this year. Not perfect by no means, but I cringed the first time I saw him step off the bench to kill a penalty this year, but for the most part he has shown he has the ability to control himself and not take needless penalties at key times, or get out of position for the 'big hit'.

Since the slump he has been playing a lot less disciplined though.

Do you really think he would want to come back as an overager? Walker only and find 2 more when we decide what we need next year. I definately think there will be growing pains next year, but fans will support the team as long as they work hard. There are some great prospects on the way.

Joe Hallenback
01-30-2012, 09:46 AM
I think Miller is here for sure next year.

Roy Pulock
Miller Hunter
Nikkel Kuczek

2 Rookies possibly Waltz,Speiss or Pankewicz more then likely all 3 of these guys start here.

What they need to do though is get a good solid 20 year old forward to add with Walker. Maybe make a move for DePape from Kamloops during the off season.

sbtatter
01-30-2012, 01:49 PM
I think Miller is here for sure next year.

Roy Pulock
Miller Hunter
Nikkel Kuczek

2 Rookies possibly Waltz,Speiss or Pankewicz more then likely all 3 of these guys start here.

What they need to do though is get a good solid 20 year old forward to add with Walker. Maybe make a move for DePape from Kamloops during the off season.

Prodigal son returns home?!!

Ott
02-01-2012, 05:42 PM
First, thanks for those who answered by earlier questions I have a couple others. Are teams allowed to require overages to attend college? I know the CHL is really pushing education since the NCAA is trying to get more players to come South? I must say as a Big Ten graduate I wish the NCAA and CHL could find a way to allow players to have both experience like KM did. Leads me to my next question how did that happen were rules for NCAA different or did WHL not pay the same way? I'm amazed at the passion and following some CHL teams have especially in the WHL and some OHL teams have. Sadly, the OHL in my town is overshawdowed by our NHL team, two Big Ten programs and the other pro sports in the area and get little fan or media attention. The WHL teams seem to have rougher travel schedules then other two leagues, does the send a tutor on roadtrips to help the players?

Thanks for any answer you may provide.

bwk45h29
02-01-2012, 07:24 PM
As far as I know pursuing post secondary education is a personal choice. I don't think they have a professional tutor on road trips but they have study hall sessions regularly lead by asst coach (as far as i know)and required to have homework with them for those who are still in high school. Hopefully this helps.

Ott
02-01-2012, 08:39 PM
As far as I know pursuing post secondary education is a personal choice. I don't think they have a professional tutor on road trips but they have study hall sessions regularly lead by asst coach (as far as i know)and required to have homework with them for those who are still in high school. Hopefully this helps.

It does thanks. Makes since about college since most of the overagers believe the NHL is their future.

drummermajor
02-01-2012, 09:00 PM
I know Calvert was taking courses at Brandon University in his last year here.

WorkHorse
02-02-2012, 09:29 AM
I think some teams in the WHL do require all players to take some form of education, even after their done high school. But, it's not league mandated.

In the QMJHL it's mandatory that all players have to be enrolled in education classes.

sbtatter
02-05-2012, 10:04 AM
We're stuck 4 points ahead of RD and 5 behind Regina. But we have 6 games left against Regina, if one team can go 5 and 1 in this series that should pretty much wrap up 7th spot and leave the other team fighting against RD for 8th. At this point I have no idea if the WK's can go on a winning run, never know what sort of an effort this team will bring.....

Ott
02-05-2012, 12:10 PM
Just wanted to say nice win last night and great game by Stone. If I slam them when they do poorly, I need to praise when its deserved. Lets hope they finally got the message. :)

TJohnson
02-05-2012, 02:18 PM
I agree we need to praise the team when they do well... because we all know that we talk smack too. They played great last night. Stone started to look like himself again and I didn't see Ferland give away the puck (although I missed half of the first period.) Pulock is starting to look as good as he did at the beginning of the season again which is awesome. He is a +26 on the year, and his D partner is only +3. I'm glad Melnychuk got the game winner in his 300th game.... what a great day for him. Anderson.... well, after the 1st period I thought we were going to lose 12-0 but he settled down and kept us in. Goof all around effort though. Hopefully a sign of things to come!

sbtatter
02-05-2012, 02:55 PM
I agree we need to praise the team when they do well... because we all know that we talk smack too. They played great last night. Stone started to look like himself again and I didn't see Ferland give away the puck (although I missed half of the first period.) Pulock is starting to look as good as he did at the beginning of the season again which is awesome. He is a +26 on the year, and his D partner is only +3. I'm glad Melnychuk got the game winner in his 300th game.... what a great day for him. Anderson.... well, after the 1st period I thought we were going to lose 12-0 but he settled down and kept us in. Goof all around effort though. Hopefully a sign of things to come!

This season has taught us appreciate every win, thats for sure, we've taken success for granted in the past, we have to realize how lucky we are with Kelly mac and this franchise and how much success we've had....

Pecker
02-21-2012, 10:27 AM
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!!!!
The site is back up!! Sooooo sick of that ****TY ASS whiteboard!!
People on the whiteboard rag on this site and say no one ever posts. I could understand that if you cheered for a team in the West but it seems to me that the forums for the teams in the East are really active! They should get even more active now as the playoffs get near and the Wheaties push for a 6th or 7th place finish.
Sorry, not really a post that says anything or gives any information, just happy to have a place again to discuss those surging Wheaties! They've won 8 out of their last 10! Wish they would give us a timeline on when they think Bertaggia, Sundhar and Seamen will be back. Lets hope for a big win against Kootney tonight!!
Go Wheaties!!

patsdude114
02-21-2012, 01:54 PM
The thing is u guys are NOT missing Sundher at all, u guys were a better team without him before trade deadline & are a better team without him in the lineup due to injury.

Sundher returning could put the WKs back into a spirial downwards, he is very over rated & too soft of a player to play out East.

Must be nice for u WK fans to finally string together some wins again, rolling over PA twice is always a great thing that organization is so poorly ran feels like its just a manner of time before the Raiders will no longer be in the WHL. They need playoff money badly as a small market team & that doesnt seem to be happening this yera & who knows what will happen next year, as im sure Saskatoon will go after McNeil hard & after him they dont have much besides Winther & Badarao (however u spell it, dont care to look it up)

Joe Hallenback
02-21-2012, 03:04 PM
I have heard that True North in Winnipeg is looking at buying a WHL team ala Edmonton and playing them out of the MTS center.

patsdude114
02-21-2012, 04:02 PM
I have heard that True North in Winnipeg is looking at buying a WHL team ala Edmonton and playing them out of the MTS center.

I highly doubt the Oilers would sell the Oil Kings, but if this is a true rumour they are looking to buy a WHL team they could buy the Raiders at a dirt cheap price & play them out of the MTS Center, PA would be better off with an SJHL franchise anyways its just too small of a city to support the WHL anymore. MJ has more corperate dollars then PA can get, no body wants to go to PA for a nite to watch there team on the road at least in MJ u can spend a nite in the Spa take the wife/gf (if u have either) with another couple & the woman can enjoy the spa while the men go to the game.. just makes abit more sense MJ can benefit alot more then PA ever could.

It would make sense though for True North to buy a WHL team & move them there, something alittle more affordable in hockey terms in Winnipeg, as the tickets sky rocketed from the AHL the past few yrs to the NHL, something alittle more affordable for a family to watch hockey is now needed in Winnipeg as a 2hr drive to Brandon (just guessing on that distance) isnt ideal for affordable hockey.

chalk_one_up
02-21-2012, 04:12 PM
I highly doubt the Oilers would sell the Oil Kings, but if this is a true rumour they are looking to buy a WHL team they could buy the Raiders at a dirt cheap price & play them out of the MTS Center, PA would be better off with an SJHL franchise anyways its just too small of a city to support the WHL anymore. MJ has more corperate dollars then PA can get, no body wants to go to PA for a nite to watch there team on the road at least in MJ u can spend a nite in the Spa take the wife/gf (if u have either) with another couple & the woman can enjoy the spa while the men go to the game.. just makes abit more sense MJ can benefit alot more then PA ever could.

It would make sense though for True North to buy a WHL team & move them there, something alittle more affordable in hockey terms in Winnipeg, as the tickets sky rocketed from the AHL the past few yrs to the NHL, something alittle more affordable for a family to watch hockey is now needed in Winnipeg as a 2hr drive to Brandon (just guessing on that distance) isnt ideal for affordable hockey.

Ala meaning like the Oilers/Oil Kings ownership situation. So, the Jets and TruNorth would own the club.

patsdude114
02-21-2012, 04:48 PM
ohhhh lol well i did not know what ala meant at all lol

but yes that would make perfect sense for the Jets to follow the same path as the Flames & Oilers have.. & to some extent what the city of Vancouver has with the Giants playing out of the old Canucks rink... it works great in those real big market cities.

Unfortunately it will be 1 of the Saskatchewan teams that take the fall either the Broncos or Raiders... it could of been the Warriors but with there brand new rink the Warriors wont be going anywhere anytime soon.

On a side note.... i really hope the Jets make the playoffs this year, to bad the Jets didnt have the resources to go after a player like Nash, the Jets lack a big name player. After some terrible trades when they were still the Thrashers Heatley & Kovalchuk come to mind lol

Ott
02-21-2012, 08:23 PM
I'm glad the board is back up, but I hope it's not a bad sign for BWK. They've been doing really good while this board been down and we all haven't gotten to offer are two cents on their play. :) Hope things stay well for them, team even Clouston seems happier and having fun these days. Winning can do that I guess.

mjw22
02-21-2012, 09:14 PM
Is Sundhers upper body injury a sore lip from pouting now that he's not the "star " lol just kidding . See Ferland had a 4 goal night made some Flames fans happy

lordstanley
02-21-2012, 09:15 PM
I heard Ferland went down with a eye injury earlier tonight anyone know if he is okay ?

Joe Hallenback
02-21-2012, 09:50 PM
He did not come back hope he is ok we can't afford to lose him

Also Anderson sucked tonight

drummermajor
02-21-2012, 10:25 PM

Tonight was neither goaltenders game. It could have easily been a much higher score for both teams.

I've never seen a goalie try to to double stack their pads as many times in a game as Skapski did.

patsdude114
02-21-2012, 10:26 PM

that would be a huge loss for the WKs forsure, never want to see anyone get a serious eye injury

whats new there?

jayson
02-21-2012, 11:59 PM
saw ferland leave the rink during the second intermission, he was in his suit and didnt appear to be in any discomfort on the body but others were claiming injury to the arm i have no idea what there sources were (they were sitting in the rink same as the rest of us)

lordstanley
02-22-2012, 07:50 AM
saw ferland leave the rink during the second intermission, he was in his suit and didnt appear to be in any discomfort on the body but others were claiming injury to the arm i have no idea what there sources were (they were sitting in the rink same as the rest of us)

Hmm you heard arm i heard eye now Luebke said late last night it could be a possible concussion

dagley
02-22-2012, 11:13 AM
Hmm you heard arm i heard eye now Luebke said late last night it could be a possible concussion

It's possible with what a big piece of **** Joey Leach is, and then can't back it up. If you want to do that ****, make sure you back it up. All that crap Kootenay was doing last night wouldn't have taken place if Ferland was still in the game.

lordstanley
02-22-2012, 11:30 AM
It's possible with what a big piece of **** Joey Leach is, and then can't back it up. If you want to do that ****, make sure you back it up. All that crap Kootenay was doing last night wouldn't have taken place if Ferland was still in the game.

Kootenay has been playing that way for the past 2 seasons now under Knoblauch and getting away with it very dirty and cheap 1 of the reasons why they steam rolled through the playoffs last season

sbtatter
02-22-2012, 11:31 PM
Kootenay has been playing that way for the past 2 seasons now under Knoblauch and getting away with it very dirty and cheap 1 of the reasons why they steam rolled through the playoffs last season

Be interesting to see if the Ice play that way against the Warriors

patsdude114
02-23-2012, 12:22 AM
Be interesting to see if the Ice play that way against the Warriors

the Warriors have a full team of toughness not just 1 or 2 guys, & im guessing with whatever it was Leach did it wasnt that bad in the leagues eyes as there was no suspension made, Leach was invisible all game long in Regina, Hubic was the only 1 playing with any passion & he only had like 6 or 7 shifts all game long

sbtatter
02-23-2012, 10:54 AM
the Warriors have a full team of toughness not just 1 or 2 guys, & im guessing with whatever it was Leach did it wasnt that bad in the leagues eyes as there was no suspension made
I know the Warriors are a tough team, that's why I'm interested to see if the Ice play tough against them....as for leach in bdn, there was nothing the refs or league saw to Warrent suspension, sometimes it's just playing rough and tumble hockey. If Ben didn't like it, then have DD go out and challenge him, or start treating the reinharts the same way.....

Joe Hallenback
02-24-2012, 10:00 AM
Looks like Ferland is fine and will play tonight. The Wheaties also called up Tim McGauley for the rest of the season.

FYI Hawryluk might be playing the NCAA card...

sbtatter
02-24-2012, 12:55 PM
Looks like Ferland is fine and will play tonight. The Wheaties also called up Tim McGauley for the rest of the season.

FYI Hawryluk might be playing the NCAA card...

That would be a big loss if he was seriously considering NCAA

Joe Hallenback
02-24-2012, 01:30 PM
That is what the buzz around the midget rinks are because they wanted to call him up but Mommy and Daddy are not sure about him gong to the tough WHL. Strange though because he wanted to play for the Wheat Kings midget AAA team. They are a prima donna family though. Guess we have to wait till next training camp

sbtatter
02-24-2012, 01:55 PM
That is what the buzz around the midget rinks are because they wanted to call him up but Mommy and Daddy are not sure about him gong to the tough WHL. Strange though because he wanted to play for the Wheat Kings midget AAA team. They are a prima donna family though. Guess we have to wait till next training camp

The way he plays he could easily handle the dub......

Johnny Table
02-24-2012, 02:00 PM

Wrong. He wanted a release to play with the SW Cougars not Brandon. he can not be called up as he would be a AP and still has a game to serve in a suspension.

Joe Hallenback
02-24-2012, 02:13 PM
Right it was southwest. He can be called up if he was suspended he would just have to serve the suspension in his current league

sbtatter
02-24-2012, 02:14 PM
Wrong. He wanted a release to play with the SW Cougars not Brandon. he can not be called up as he would be a AP and still has a game to serve in a suspension.

What did he do to get the suspension? And why would he be an ap once his midget team are done? Not disagreeing with you, just asking!

Johnny Table
02-24-2012, 02:41 PM
What did he do to get the suspension? And why would he be an ap once his midget team are done? Not disagreeing with you, just asking!

He had to many pims. He is considered a AP so he can be around and it will not affect there roster number if they go over the limet of 23

Jimbo24
02-24-2012, 03:45 PM
Can't he go play in the mjhl to finish out the season, i believe wayway has his rights.

Wheatie Pete
02-24-2012, 10:17 PM
finally a shoot out win. Nice to get off the snide. Pretty boring game over all. Too bad Regina and stoon both got wins, made up no ground. Tomorrow night will be huge, gotta play better than we did tonight. I hope CC rides the hot goalie down the stretch, i really hate alternating. Boes has been fairly solid as of late, give him the reins.

WHLFANMAN
02-25-2012, 01:06 PM
finally a shoot out win. Nice to get off the snide. Pretty boring game over all. Too bad Regina and stoon both got wins, made up no ground. Tomorrow night will be huge, gotta play better than we did tonight. I hope CC rides the hot goalie down the stretch, i really hate alternating. Boes has been fairly solid as of late, give him the reins.

agreed we will have to be better! Great to see the much needed secondary scoring though! Boese should be handed the reins, but i dont even try to get inside CC's head anymore.:confused:

sbtatter
02-25-2012, 02:30 PM
agreed we will have to be better! Great to see the much needed secondary scoring though! Boese should be handed the reins, but i dont even try to get inside CC's head anymore.:confused:

Boes save % is now better than the mighty Warriors goalie. Surely the coaches can see he is the main man, and Anderson should just be the back up?

WHLFANMAN
02-25-2012, 05:13 PM
Boes save % is now better than the mighty Warriors goalie. Surely the coaches can see he is the main man, and Anderson should just be the back up?

Don't call me surely! LOL:D If i remember correctly we had this conversation just before Boese broke his hand. I hear chirping the coaching staff structure isn't exactly a democracy. It's not something I would bet on, but if I had to I would bet that Anderson starts.:) Hey maybe even Honey!:karate: Any takers???:clap:

Ott
02-25-2012, 10:24 PM
Don't call me surely! LOL:D If i remember correctly we had this conversation just before Boese broke his hand. I hear chirping the coaching staff structure isn't exactly a democracy. It's not something I would bet on, but if I had to I would bet that Anderson starts.:) Hey maybe even Honey!:karate: Any takers???:clap:

Guess you were wrong. If you heard the post game sounds like Boes is the guy but CC said he didn't want to rush him back and that's why he hasn't played lots of back to back. Have a little faith, CC might not be the most lovable coach but his not stupid either.

Rye
02-26-2012, 12:02 AM

Why do you keep calling him Boese?

patsdude114
02-26-2012, 02:15 AM
it sounds like tonites games was even more boring to be in the crowd watching the game then it was to listen to it on the radio, at least i could watch NHL on tv or play NHL12 on the PS3

The WKs picked up a very big 2 pts against the Pats tonite, the Pats picking up the key 1pt is big for us as well.... game could of went either way judging from the call on the radio, wasnt like either team really controlled the flow of the game.

It sounds like Boes made 2 great saves in the shootout though 1 off Weal with a toe save & other off Schiedl... good job for Boes

jayson
02-26-2012, 02:50 AM

around the rink we call him boesey so maybe thats where hes getting at

WHLFANMAN
02-26-2012, 11:16 AM

Boese or Boesy that's his nickname. Like Miller is Millsy. LOL

Rye
02-26-2012, 11:17 AM
Yeah I call him that as well haha just looks weird spelled like that. His twitter handle is Boesy1, just used to seeing it like that.

WHLFANMAN
02-26-2012, 11:35 AM
Guess you were wrong. If you heard the post game sounds like Boes is the guy but CC said he didn't want to rush him back and that's why he hasn't played lots of back to back. Have a little faith, CC might not be the most lovable coach but his not stupid either.

Aaaaah Sometimes it's good to be wrong! I will NEVER lose faith in our players! "For Better or for worse".

sbtatter
02-26-2012, 02:26 PM
it sounds like tonites games was even more boring to be in the crowd watching the game then it was to listen to it on the radio, at least i could watch NHL on tv or play NHL12 on the PS3

The WKs picked up a very big 2 pts against the Pats tonite, the Pats picking up the key 1pt is big for us as well.... game could of went either way judging from the call on the radio, wasnt like either team really controlled the flow of the game.

It sounds like Boes made 2 great saves in the shootout though 1 off Weal with a toe save & other off Schiedl... good job for Boes

It wasn't boring to watch at all, it was hard hitting, play off type hockey. Regina aren't very skilled (after Weal), but they play very smart, hard nosed hockey, not hard to admire their work ethic. Pulock missed 2 wide open tap ins that cost us a regular time win, but what can you do. Regina's shhotout strategy was weird for the 1st and 3rd shooters, they skated in then basically stopped in front of Boes before shooting. Stone looked bagged out there. Mraz, Meuiller and Favreau are really turning into our energy line, great to watch, but no finish. Bertaggia, Ciarellia and DD were the "off side" line. DD must be the most frustrating player in the league to coach, lazy, poor decisions, and appears to be playing out the string. He held onto the puck 4 or 5 times with an extra move entering the zone causing off sides. He needs to either pass the puck to Bertaggia, or put it in the corner and go hit the dman chasing the puck. Instead, he tries to mimic Crosby, but messes up!

Vik
02-26-2012, 03:22 PM
It wasn't boring to watch at all, it was hard hitting, play off type hockey. Regina aren't very skilled (after Weal), but they play very smart, hard nosed hockey, not hard to admire their work ethic. Pulock missed 2 wide open tap ins that cost us a regular time win, but what can you do. Regina's shhotout strategy was weird for the 1st and 3rd shooters, they skated in then basically stopped in front of Boes before shooting. Stone looked bagged out there. Mraz, Meuiller and Favreau are really turning into our energy line, great to watch, but no finish. Bertaggia, Ciarellia and DD were the "off side" line. DD must be the most frustrating player in the league to coach, lazy, poor decisions, and appears to be playing out the string. He held onto the puck 4 or 5 times with an extra move entering the zone causing off sides. He needs to either pass the puck to Bertaggia, or put it in the corner and go hit the dman chasing the puck. Instead, he tries to mimic Crosby, but messes up!

Managed to get to my 3rd game of the season yesterday and I hope no one brought someone to that game to get them into WHL action. Absolutely no flow to the game at all. You can admire Regina playing they way they need to but that still doesn't make it entertaining.

sbtatter
02-26-2012, 03:52 PM
Managed to get to my 3rd game of the season yesterday and I hope no one brought someone to that game to get them into WHL action. Absolutely no flow to the game at all. You can admire Regina playing they way they need to but that still doesn't make it entertaining.

Really? I didn't mind that at all, compared to the soft, turn over hockey we were served up all of Dec/Jan. I thought it was just good, hard nosed playoff hockey, but I guess everyone has their own opinions!

fatshad
02-26-2012, 10:12 PM
Really? I didn't mind that at all, compared to the soft, turn over hockey we were served up all of Dec/Jan. I thought it was just good, hard nosed playoff hockey, but I guess everyone has their own opinions!

What is up with Sundher ? Does he have a major injury or what ?

sbtatter
02-26-2012, 10:40 PM
What is up with Sundher ? Does he have a major injury or what ?

They say concussion

Goldenwheat
03-02-2012, 09:53 PM
They say concussion

Looks like Sundher was back in the lineup tonight, how did he look out there?