PDA

View Full Version : National Anthem Flag??

Quarter Century Fan
01-14-2012, 11:36 AM
I have been wondering for a few years when we will have a Canadian flag that is visible when singing the national anthem?
Some options could be: Illuminated laser light flag shining on the ice surface... a flag that could be lowered from the rafters for the anthem... or now that we have a new clock with video capacity, we could always have a waving Canadian flag waving on the video screen during the anthem??

I hope something is done soon to show loyalty to our country and flag!:confused:

reims
01-14-2012, 12:15 PM
I know in stoon we have canada flag brought out onto the ice surface for our anthem....but we dont have one hanging from the rafters which it should be...I am with you the chl as a whole needs to do a better job of this...i do however see a lot of respect from soome of the teams (wish i could remember what team) but they didnt budge or put helmets on or anything until the canada flag left the ice...i thought that showed a lot of class as a team...kinda looked funny becuase the blades had done 2 laps already before the otther team even moved!

ointhecreek
01-14-2012, 01:03 PM
What happened to the flag at the west end?

Quarter Century Fan
01-14-2012, 01:49 PM
Hey O, you probably can see the flag up in the rafters from where your seats are but most of the people in the rink cannot see it because it's hidden from our view.:cool:

dodywood4ever
01-16-2012, 09:03 PM
I know in stoon we have canada flag brought out onto the ice surface for our anthem....but we dont have one hanging from the rafters which it should be...I am with you the chl as a whole needs to do a better job of this...i do however see a lot of respect from soome of the teams (wish i could remember what team) but they didnt budge or put helmets on or anything until the canada flag left the ice...i thought that showed a lot of class as a team...kinda looked funny becuase the blades had done 2 laps already before the otther team even moved!

Man thats all class. Props to whatever team that was. Dont like people calling the Memorial Cup the Mem cup. Seems disrespectful to me.

Brandon
01-17-2012, 08:27 AM

Calgary Hitmen don't leave until the flag leaves the ice. A tradition that was started when Karl Alzner was a captain here and returned from a WJHC. It is nice to see that one has stuck around.

dodywood4ever
01-17-2012, 02:57 PM
Now if some of that class could spill into the crowd. Always people talking, leaving hats on, texting etc. Whats wrong with these morons?

mjw22
01-17-2012, 05:52 PM
Now if some of that class could spill into the crowd. Always people talking, leaving hats on, texting etc. Whats wrong with these morons?

Braindead one could argue . They probably show the same lack of respect in all areas of their lives. If they're near me I remind them to remove the hat /be quiet maybe more should . If we ignore their actions we can't really expect any change in behavior but when the majority expresses their disapproval the minority will follow suit .

Toswammi
01-24-2012, 10:18 PM
Now they have this problem taken care of, perhaps we can talk hockey again.

fiftyone
01-25-2012, 09:25 AM
Problem not taken care of. Last night, fans behind me were still busy talking while the anthem was sung.

Quarter Century Fan
01-25-2012, 01:14 PM
I'm not sure who made the decision to get the Canadian Flag onto the video scoreboard for the anthem last night... Thanks!! :clap: