PDA

View Full Version : Pats vs Blades Game #46

patsdude114
01-14-2012, 11:28 PM
What a HUGE game Sunday evening at the Brandt Center a battle for 3rd in the conference with the winner assured to leap the Ice & with a possible MJ loss to the WKs (which i doubt) could put the Pats in sole possession of 2nd in the conference & if the Blades win puts them in a tie for 1st. But a MJ win & the winner of this game is 3rd with no questions asked, it could get even more interesting if the Blades win in OT or a SO then there is a 3 way tie for 3rd in the conference.

The biggest question for the Blades is who starts in net, Moodie has been playing great as of late but is the kid ready to start all 3 games in 3 nites? He was lite up for 6 goals by the Raiders but still got the WIN as the Blades countered with 8.... The Pats should have a slight advantage in this game having had saturday nite off the Blades may show some fatigue especially in the 3rd period.

The Pats are coming off a huge win on Friday nite a come from behind victory as the Pats were twice down by 2 goals to the Royals but managed to tie it up before the end of the 2nd period & never looked back. This will be the 1st true test for the Pats new & improved defense, playing against a much higher skilled team then the Raiders or Royals. You know the Blades will be well prepared by Mollenken who will have his team coming out strong just like they did a week ago here at the Brandy Center.

The Pats are the hottest team in the Eastern Conference going 7-2-1 in there past 10 (& 5-1 since Jan. 1st with the only loss coming to the Blades in Stoon) This week is a huge week for the Pats playing the Blades, Ice, Tigers & Warriors all on home ice would be great to go 3-1 or even 2-2 against these top teams. This week could be a huge swing in the conference for the Pats not saying its going to make or break there season but it will have play a huge role in the standings none the less. (or it could)

In the last 7 games Jordan Weal has 8goals (score in every game) 13assists for 21pts thats avg 3pts/game & more importantly is a +11 in 7 games.... Weal sits 1st in the WHL in assists with 47 assists & 2nd in the WHL in +/- with a +34.... another interesting stat for Weal where some certain people think Weal is not a good defensive player which his +/- would say otherwise especially on the team he plays on that really lacks offense is Weal has 51pts even strength with only 24pts coming on the PP

Rattie has 35pts on the PP & is only a +9 on a very stacked POR team
Stone has 33pts on the PP & is a +24
Hughesman has 31pts on the PP & is a +31 on a team that runs the +/- stat (TC, EDM, KAM really own the +/- stat page)

Sick of hearing people say that Weal cant play defense when they dont watch him play 36 times a year or more... (& thats my rant for the nite)

Hope the fans come out to watch this game as it should be a great game from the start to finish!

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
01-15-2012, 02:02 PM
Weal is probably the best offensive player in this league, but its difficult to imagine his game translating over to the NHL. I could see him having a great career in europe, assuming he continues to improve and adapt...but he probably wont ever be a star because of a lack of versatility, and yeah, not the best defensive player(theres more to defence than having a quick stick, and getting short handed goals).

Though I suppose if Ennis and Kozun can have success, Weal has a chance too...especially with the game getting more and more tailor made for shrimps.

As for this game, really important tonight. I like to think we have the advantage but we have to play better than we did against victoria.

lordstanley
01-15-2012, 02:13 PM
Honestly you guys should probably take this one tonight it is the Blades 3rd game in 3 nights and 4 in 5 nights and not to mention it looks like the very bad Adam Todd will get the start so mix that horrible goalie with fatigure it spells disaster

patsdude114
01-15-2012, 04:06 PM
For a player who is not physical its all about a good stick when it comes to playing defense & a hard work ethic which Weal has both of. His little spin hit that he uses down low is very effective he is always reading plays/passes cuz he is a very smart player. He doesn't get enough credit for his defensive play, people just see his points & that's it.

Looking forward to heading to the Brandt Center in the next hour or so have my coffee & watch the warm ups. I hope Moser plays tonite we need his physical play against a team like Saskatoon a guy like Olstad or Martell could be a healty scratch tonite in my eyes.

Hewitt will definately get the start & will for the rest of the week.

GO PATS!

lordstanley
01-15-2012, 04:07 PM
Enjoy the game i believe there is a Blades fan bus heading down there for tonight not sure how many i think maybe 50 people

patsdude114
01-15-2012, 04:17 PM
nice im thinking of going on the Pats fan bus to Stoon & SC cant remember the dates but im sure it would be a fun time

lordstanley
01-15-2012, 05:38 PM
Well i was wring Moodie is startign 3 in 3 and 4 in 5 i hope he isn't to tired wow lol

blueline
01-15-2012, 07:05 PM
" I hope Moser plays tonite we need his physical play against a team like Saskatoon...... "

GO PATS![/QUOTE]

What's up with that??
:mad:

dsquared
01-15-2012, 08:54 PM
Well I thought the first period of the Victoria game was brutal - The effort in tonight's first period was even worse! The Blades were aggressively fore-checking and out working the Pats at all phases of the game. The Pats were unable to clear their zone and the Blades were prepared to go to the front of the net which paid dividends. The Blades completely smothered the Weal line - showing that our weakness is not enough diversification in the scoring department. For having such a highly touted defence - it didn't show tonight.

JMoney1988
01-15-2012, 09:01 PM
Well, at least one positive would be your second period......., right??????

patsdude114
01-15-2012, 09:17 PM
Was Curtis Hunt behind the bench tonite?? cuz our defensive effort sure looked alot like last years defense.

Our 1st period lost this hockey game for us, we had a very strong 2nd period dominating the Blades just like they did to us in the 1st. Tonite was the worst game i have ever seen Davidson play anything he did the puck ended up in the back of out net. We all know Davidson will not have efforts like that on a regular basis but wow is all i have to say to his game tonite.

Davidson was not the reason we lost this game though, right from the opening shift our D zone coverage was terrible. Its like this team needs something a goal for us or a fight to happen to get the bench into the game, our 1st periods have been bad pretty well all season long, we always tend to get stronger as the game wears on. Which was the case again tonite but we had too big of a hole to dig ourselves out of this time.

Congrats to Zajac for getting his 1st WHL goal, wasnt really a great shot to be honest that was the lone goal that Hewitt SHOULD of had, Hewitt looked rattled all game long after the Blades scored just 18secs into the game. Our PP still stinks even with Marincin, but with saying that what a goal by Marincin tonite he has a lethal shot & very slick moves for such a big kid.

I wish Volek would stop stopping the puck before he shoots it, he could have a few more goals this year forsure maybe even points due to rebounds if he would just shoot it as soon as it hits his stick instead of stopping it, he reminds me alot of Leffler where Leffler always stopped the puck & did alittle stick handle before his shot. The only coach who was ever able to get Leffler to stop doing that was Derkatch.

Were starting to get scoring from other guys then just Weal, which is a great thing with a better 1st period tonite this game could of been going to OT... the leadership on this team better get the guys more focused for the Ice on Wednesday or it will be another lopsided score & not for the home team.

On the plus side for tonite, the WKs are getting lite up as well as i type this it is 7-2 MJ late in the 3rd, with Sundher still doing nothing & a big -2:D