PDA

View Full Version : MJ - WK

mjw22
01-15-2012, 10:17 PM
Powerplay was definitely the difference tonight.Siemens made an awesome save on a 2 on 0 . New guys looked good Henry helps on the PK. Lots of goals but hard to get a good read as kid was down before they shot all night and had little d help . defense still not up to par too many lapses where Siemens had to bail them out. Good win after that road trip hopefully they can use this to get on a roll. :clap:

mjwfan
01-17-2012, 08:20 AM
We can win at home now to find a way to win on the road. Yes big diff was the PP as well as the PK . I'm not going to get my hopes up as we were playing Brandon who are finding wins hard to come by and it was not till the 3rd. period that we started to walk away with the game. The Defence has to improve and not give away so many scoring chances.
Bright spots - Play of Siemans , Start of second and the pass Ehrhardt made to Kirsch . Howden , Kirsch , Henry , and Braes 3 point night . Hats of to Cody Beach he never sat in the box once (is that a first ? ) Was impressed with Gwinner who I thought had one of his best games as a warrior - He moved the puck and showed confidence doing so , but a couple of times jumped up and got caught and those kind of errors can be costly.
Sam once again showed me why he is one of my fav. warrior a goal and was + 3 and worked hard every shift.
Bone Head play of the night was Edmundson giving Honey a crack to the head early in the first - Look for him to lose his A off his jersey in the coming days.

sbtatter
01-17-2012, 12:32 PM
Thanks for not hammering us WK fans on here too badly after that debacle of a performance!
Hey, are there walk up tickets available for most games in MJ? will be in town in a few weeks and want to come to a game in the new rink.

Hatguy
01-17-2012, 12:52 PM
Thanks for not hammering us WK fans on here too badly after that debacle of a performance!
Hey, are there walk up tickets available for most games in MJ? will be in town in a few weeks and want to come to a game in the new rink.

More than likely although our box office staff are incompetent so come early.

sbtatter
01-17-2012, 01:37 PM
More than likely although our box office staff are incompetent so come early.

I think I'll go to the rink the day before to ensure I'm safely seated in time for the anthem!!!!

mjw22
01-17-2012, 05:43 PM
Bone Head play of the night was Edmundson giving Honey a crack to the head early in the first - Look for him to lose his A off his jersey in the coming days.

Bonehead yes Losing A no. His d coverage has to improve that's a bigger concern. We won't get a real read on the team until they head out on the road then we'll see if there's been any improvement.

mjwfan
01-18-2012, 12:17 AM
If Only the D could come together we could make some noise . Remember when Joey was in net he was facing 15 - 20 shots a game . Be nice if we could get the shots on goal down and less give aways . I think we have the guys up front to score enough goals to win , but we also have to be road warriors.

mjw22
01-18-2012, 12:42 AM
If Only the D could come together we could make some noise . Remember when Joey was in net he was facing 15 - 20 shots a game . Be nice if we could get the shots on goal down and less give aways . I think we have the guys up front to score enough goals to win , but we also have to be road warriors.

Agreed I thought this year with 2 former dmen one who played in the NHL/AHL our def would be better. Some nights ( too many for my liking ) they look like they've taken a step backward . McIlrath has been jumping up in the play not a real good idea he gets caught way too often. Game against WK he's in their crease ends up a 2 on 0 . At times it looks like they are playing out of their comfort zone. Edmundson looks lost out there like he's never sure when/where to pass the puck. Gwinner is always pinching and last game out of position a half dozen times at least. Brown/Mcfaul are the most consistent ones. I think if they play to their strengths and quit trying to be what they're not it will improve. The forwards ( Johnson ) need to be better on the half wall on the break out which also helps.

Hatguy
01-18-2012, 11:02 AM
Yes our d-men have been pinching all year and it has failed more times than not. The only one who could/should have was Reilly and as we all know he's not around anymore to do that. I doubt we'll see much of an improvement/change since it's been ongoing all season.

mjwfan
01-18-2012, 12:13 PM
I think you are right this is what we have and not going to be any big improvements on D . It would sure be nice to have Morgan in the line up but we know that is not going to happen soon. But I still hear from other play by play guys around the league how good our Defence is - They must be watching a diff game than Im .

skinnyhead
01-18-2012, 06:40 PM
I think you are right this is what we have and not going to be any big improvements on D . It would sure be nice to have Morgan in the line up but we know that is not going to happen soon. But I still hear from other play by play guys around the league how good our Defence is - They must be watching a diff game than Im .

Gallo Is also liked my the same guys... what does this tell you

JMoney1988
01-18-2012, 07:51 PM
Hey, I'm just curious, why isn't luke seimens in your lineup tonight?

JMoney1988
01-18-2012, 08:42 PM
Another question, has victoria gotten a shot on net tonight?

mjw22
01-19-2012, 01:44 AM
Not a great game but it's a win. Out shot them 16-2 at one point and only had 1 goal. Looked like they just weren't that focused. Hamilton kept it close for Vic. Ehrhardt destroyed Traber with a clean shot (nose ? ) . McIlrath may be looking at a suspension for a hit to the head. Looked unintentional but with the league most likely 3-5 games . Braes & Henry another solid game . Not sure why Siemens wasn't dressed . Last year they gave Heemskirk 3-4 days off to recharge may be the same thing .

skinnyhead
01-19-2012, 11:41 AM
Hey, I'm just curious, why isn't luke seimens in your lineup tonight?

He was in the stands, Daniel Wapple was called up. Flu going through town right now tho

SectionNDeserter
01-19-2012, 12:25 PM
Not sure why Siemens wasn't dressed . Last year they gave Heemskirk 3-4 days off to recharge may be the same thing .Read somewhere (Drinnan's Blog?) That Stothers said that he was scratched to 'regain his focus', whatever that means.

mjw22
01-19-2012, 03:52 PM
Read somewhere (Drinnan's Blog?) That Stothers said that he was scratched to 'regain his focus', whatever that means.

I think they gave him 3-4 days away from the team & rink to recharge/refocuse .millar did it last year because it was the first time heemskirk had played so many games same with siemens this year. I don't think its because of his play he played well in his last start.

CdnSailor
01-19-2012, 04:12 PM
Good game.
Traber got what he deserved, allbeit whats his pickle is a damn big player

skinnyhead
01-19-2012, 04:40 PM
Good game.
Traber got what he deserved, allbeit whats his pickle is a damn big player

Ehrhardt reallly gave it to him, thats the only thing he's really good at

CdnSailor
01-19-2012, 05:03 PM
Tim Traber RW 45 1 7 8 pts -23 99 pim

Dallas Ehrhardt D 41 2 13 15 pts -11 49 PIM

On paper I would have to say that your boy is better in everything compared to hours. :o

lordstanley
01-19-2012, 05:37 PM
Mclrath to be suspended for checking to the head against Victoria

skinnyhead
01-19-2012, 05:57 PM
Tim Traber RW 45 1 7 8 pts -23 99 pim

Dallas Ehrhardt D 41 2 13 15 pts -11 49 PIM

On paper I would have to say that your boy is better in everything compared to hours. :o

His -11 would say a lot of a first place team too

mjw22
01-19-2012, 08:50 PM
His -11 would say a lot of a first place team too

He does his job pretty good most nights . He makes some pretty nice passes like the one off the wall to get kirsch in free against wk & a couple nice ones last night . He doesn't get out with top 2 lines very often so +- isn't always true indicator of his play. He is playing better than edmundson & gwinner.

Hatguy
01-19-2012, 09:36 PM
He does his job pretty good most nights . He makes some pretty nice passes like the one off the wall to get kirsch in free against wk & a couple nice ones last night . He doesn't get out with top 2 lines very often so +- isn't always true indicator of his play. He is playing better than edmundson & gwinner.

That's hardly fair considering Gwinner is a rookie and seventeen while Dallas is a vet and 19. Edmundson on the other hand has been bad, but I thought he played a real nice game yesterday. MacIlrath hasn't exactly been playing like a top ten NHL pick either.

mjw22
01-19-2012, 09:57 PM
That's hardly fair considering Gwinner is a rookie and seventeen while Dallas is a vet and 19. Edmundson on the other hand has been bad, but I thought he played a real nice game yesterday. MacIlrath hasn't exactly been playing like a top ten NHL pick either.

Just stating the facts. McIrath has been trying to be too offensive that's not his game. When he starts rushing the puck etc his he tends to be out of position.edmunsson did play better he just has to make quicker/better decisions with the puck.Gwinner has to learn when to rush the puck & pinch without always getting caught . You can't make 3 good off plays and 6 bad ones. He still makes the same ones as at the start of the season probably why he was sat again. Hopefully he learns because he has lots of talent.

Hatguy
01-19-2012, 10:07 PM
Just stating the facts. McIrath has been trying to be too offensive that's not his game. When he starts rushing the puck etc his he tends to be out of position.edmunsson did play better he just has to make quicker/better decisions with the puck.Gwinner has to learn when to rush the puck & pinch without always getting caught . You can't make 3 good off plays and 6 bad ones. He still makes the same ones as at the start of the season probably why he was sat again. Hopefully he learns because he has lots of talent.

A fact is not your subjective point of view.

mjw22
01-19-2012, 10:47 PM
QUOTE=Hatguy;177783]A fact is not your subjective point of view.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for all that "hockey " input. :confused:

skinnyhead
01-20-2012, 02:01 PM

He does get out with the top two lines tho, as you stated with your Kirsch ref. He also started the other night on the starting line-up.

mjw22
01-20-2012, 02:16 PM
He does get out with the top two lines tho, as you stated with your Kirsch ref. He also started the other night on the starting line-up.

Not as much as Brown/Edmundson or McIlrath\Mcfaul . He has played well this year he's physical has put up some pts and has made far less bad plays than Edmundson Gwinner and McIlrath. His first pass out of the d zone is usually bang on unlike the other 3. Don't know why ppl are dumping on him. I'm more unhappy with the play of McIlrath and Edmundson. Two guys that according to draft status should be a hell of a lot better.

Hatguy
01-20-2012, 05:17 PM
We must not be watching the same team because I see Erhardt routinely get skated around like a pylon, rarely throw the body and just plain give the puck away. The fact that he was scratched several times before Vanscourt was traded in favour of Gwinner and Brown shows that the coaching staff sees it this way too.

Edmundson and MacIlrath have been less than stellar as well, but I'm guessing you're the same person who was complaining about McFaul last week and he's been far and above our best defenseman this season.

sbtatter
01-20-2012, 05:38 PM

But if he's not out with the top 2 lines, doesn't that mean generally he's up against the other teams bottom 2 lines, so if he's good he should be racking up a decent +/-?
I don't mind Erdhardt, imo he's a #5/#6 d-man who logs minutes, has a physical presence, just can't skate very well, so a bit limited. Every team can use a #5/#6 d-man similar to him.

Hatguy
01-20-2012, 05:50 PM
But if he's not out with the top 2 lines, doesn't that mean generally he's up against the other teams bottom 2 lines, so if he's good he should be racking up a decent +/-?
I don't mind Erdhardt, imo he's a #5/#6 d-man who logs minutes, has a physical presence, just can't skate very well, so a bit limited. Every team can use a #5/#6 d-man similar to him.

As a third pairing defenseman he's adequate, but I'd hate to see him as an overager on our team.

mjw22
01-20-2012, 05:53 PM

Exactly he's not supposed to be a 1-4 d man he does his job. Most nights our problems are with the 1-4 group who ARE supposed to be playing better.

lordstanley
01-20-2012, 06:35 PM
Wow McLrath suspended for 8 games was it that bad ?

sbtatter
01-20-2012, 09:27 PM
Wow McLrath suspended for 8 games was it that bad ?

It had better been just shy of an assult for 8 games. The good news for MJ is that it just means he'll be rested up for the stretch run.....

mjw22
01-20-2012, 11:21 PM
It had better been just shy of an assult for 8 games. The good news for MJ is that it just means he'll be rested up for the stretch run.....

No happened right in front of where I sit . He was being checked looked to be trying to move towards the boards and McIlrath came across to hit him with a hip check. the kid turned back to the middle just as he got there . so Mcilrath was turning to back into him and the kid cut back and he caught him with the back of his elbow. Didn't look intentional just a bad play trying to make a hit . a suspension yes but this is now stupid . Didn't leave his feet Didn't take a run at him. Pretty soon the wimps in the league office will have hitting out of hockey. No one will take a chance on the other guy ducking or moving at the last sec and being suspended for trying to hit a guy. Last suspension was a clean hit but because he was out side of 75% of the other guys peripheral vision he was suspended now thats a F**king joke as is this. I don't have a problem with suspension when a guy leads with his elbow or leaves his feet but c'mon some are just hockey plays. Sends a clear message to all the players who are physical they're not wanted in Robison's league .:burningmad: League wide suspensions 2 years ago 1 - 7 game suspension all others 5 or less last year 2-6 3-7 all others 5 or less this year 2-10 1-8 1-7 2-6 and the seasons not finished.:eek: