PDA

View Full Version : Pats vs Ice Game #47

patsdude114
01-18-2012, 01:52 AM
The 1st meeting between these teams at the Brandy Center this year, the Ice being the WHL champs last year with still a core group of there team still intact guys like Lieuwen, Reinhart, Antilla, Czerwonka, & Ismond leading the way.

The Pats need to come out with some heart & desire to play this game, another effort like Sunday against the Blades & us fans will watch the same result.

Davidson im expecting to have a big game after a game where everything he seemed to have done ended up in the back of our net he was a -3.... Hewitt im looking to see him rebound as well, not that he had a bad game on Sunday cuz he had zero help at all on 6 of those goals.

Underwood is now listed day to day i see on the Pats website, his return is long overdue & im looking forward to it once he does return to the ice. The biggest question will be who do the coaches sit, i know for the most part Burroughs is going to be the odd man out, but knowing the Pats have a 7th Dman who can play can give abit more accountability on the backend knowing a bad game & u could be a healthy scratch. This is a great problem the Pats have right now. Do the coaches maybe also look at giving Burroughs a game here & there up on forward to help with his offensive game as he will be expected in the future to be an offensive Dman.

Marantz is currently on a 6 game point streak having 5g 3a & +3
Weal is on a 8 game point streak with 8g 14a & +11

Weal is also currently 20pts off his season total last year where he put up 96pts on an even weaker offensive team then he is working with this year. Weal should easily put up his 2nd 100pt season of his junior career. He currently has 345 pts in 257 games, he currently sits 8th all time in pats points & is 7 pts out of tieing Josh Holden & Doug Wickenheiser for 6th all time...... if Weal gets 24pts more this season he will sit all alone in 5th all time only behind Nielsen, Sillinger, Sobchuk & Derkatch who are all Regina Pat legends of the ice.

RWAH
01-18-2012, 11:59 AM
Im looking forward to watching the Ice goalie (Nathan Lieuwen). He is currently second in the Conference in SAV% and GAA at 2.12, compared to Hewitt at GGA of 2.70. He is also a very big goalie listed at six foot five so blocks a lot of net.

The Leader Post article was that since Sunday game the coaching staff met with each player and re-inforced the individual roles of each player, so I am expecting a lot better effort to-night.

Don't forget Weiner Wednesday

GO PATS GO

JMoney1988
01-18-2012, 03:18 PM
Hey patsdude, I didn't know they served brandy at the games...... ha ha

lordstanley
01-18-2012, 04:00 PM
Also it' wiener wednesday i hope them dogs don't freeze in this weather lol

I expect small crowds in all sask teams tonight

patsdude114
01-18-2012, 06:44 PM
Haha an honest tying mistake at 4am when I made the post.

As for the game tonite looks like Hunt will find himself in the stands tonite as a healthy scratch & Moser is in his place. I think we could of used Moser's physical edge in the game against the Blades on Sunday but that's not my call. I'm looking for him to crash & bang every shift he's out there.

Watching the warm up Hewitt looks to be in the zone, tracking pucks after a rebound something he normally doesn't do during warm up.

JMoney1988
01-18-2012, 07:00 PM
some said 400-500 tonight......

RWAH
01-18-2012, 10:13 PM
The Ice goalie (Lieuwen) is a top tender. He made an incredible toe save in the first period, stopped Jobke on the break away.

Better effort than Sunday, but the third period was all Kootney.

Revs made the difference. No call on the "trip or interference" on Weal in the last minute (at the Ice blue line) then the called trip on Davidson in overtime. Our first penalty the pats clear the puck deep, no whistle, Hewitt heads for the bench, the Ice pick up the puck no whistle so hewitt heads for the goal.

Good to see the Klimchuk,volek,stevenson line respond. Played hard and were rewarded with more ice time, good for them

patsdude114
01-19-2012, 12:12 AM
tonites game was mirror images of the same style of teams & at times this game was a very boring game this game was mainly played in the netural zone as neither team wanted to make a mistake.

Kootenay i found to be a very undisciplined team, taking some very terrible penalties. I really disagree with the tripping call in OT on Davidson, not that it wasnt a penalty but cuz of what was let go in the final 5 mins of the 3rd & the trip had zero effect on the actual play as the puck wasnt even there anymore & was turned over with the Pats curling back to get a line change.

This has been the 1st nite all season long for a home game i have witness where i thought the reffing was bad on both sides. But i guess i cant expect too much from Crich & Hamm 2 refs who i couldnt stand last year.

Sam Reinhart is going to be such a special player in this league... this kid already loves playing the Pats in 2 games against the Pats he has 4g 3a

I really wish the Pats would shoot more on the PP they seem to look for the pretty goal every PP.... Davidson especially he had 3 great chances to get the puck thru on goal on the PP tonite & failed to even attempt 1 shot, does this team forget we do not have the elite talent to score the pretty goals as we score most of our goals by going to the dirty areas infront of the net???