PDA

View Full Version : Gallo

booboo
01-20-2012, 07:55 PM
Yikes!! Good thing I have a mute button on my TV--can't listen to this guy. Where did they find him???:confused:

lordstanley
01-20-2012, 08:40 PM
Yikes!! Good thing I have a mute button on my TV--can't listen to this guy. Where did they find him???:confused:

Not sure but the guy is a major screamer and over does it way to much

skinnyhead
01-21-2012, 10:06 AM
We use to have a play by play guy by the name of Rob Carnie, who was one of the best play by play guys to ever grace the WHL. Carnie was tired of travelling with the team after being the play by play guy for 10+ years. They got a new guy who If i remember correctly got cancer in his first year with the team as play by play guy and that's where Gallo stepped it and took over seven years ago. He hasn\t gotten better since day 1, but know him personally and he is a hell of a nice guy

lordstanley
01-21-2012, 10:23 AM
He may be a nice guy which is great but yeah he needs to improve the guy in between Carnes and Gallo was Randy Merkley he was okay but then went to the Chiliwack Bruins

Yeah Rob Carney was awesome i enjoyed his play by play

mjw22
01-21-2012, 07:03 PM
We use to have a play by play guy by the name of Rob Carnie, who was one of the best play by play guys to ever grace the WHL. Carnie was tired of travelling with the team after being the play by play guy for 10+ years. They got a new guy who If i remember correctly got cancer in his first year with the team as play by play guy and that's where Gallo stepped it and took over seven years ago. He hasn\t gotten better since day 1, but know him personally and he is a hell of a nice guy

If you Know him then pass him a message from the ENTIRE WHL fan base this I repeat this is NOT the WWE . Tell him to listen to his work sometimes it is annoying . I've called emailed the radio station tons and nothings done . He could be a decent play by play guy but his ego won't allow him to tone it down.The screaming after goals & fights is ridiculous sounds like its the first fight or goal he's ever seen. It has to be a show nobody gets that excited if not I pity his wife.:D Sad that the longer he is here the worse he becomes. :o:o:o

patsdude114
01-21-2012, 11:24 PM
Rob Carnie was an amazing play by play guy, i remember going to MJ when was a kid & on the drive home after games we always listened to Carnie post game show in that smoke filled smoking room in the basement of the Civic Center.... oh the good ole days

mjw22
01-21-2012, 11:30 PM
Rob Carnie was an amazing play by play guy, i remember going to MJ when was a kid & on the drive home after games we always listened to Carnie post game show in that smoke filled smoking room in the basement of the Civic Center.... oh the good ole days

Ya this clown should go listen to some of Carnie's tapes. His screaming WWE act is pretty tiring. Most road games I tune in to the other teams broadcast.

MJ Fan
01-23-2012, 09:45 AM
I think gallo is exciting to listen too. Listening to the highlight goal by Reilly this year is almost as good as watching it. I lived in Brandon for 7 years and was forced to listen to Bruce luebke, wanted to hang myself when listening to that guy. Mj fans could have it worse, at least gallo gets into it.

Trevor
01-23-2012, 06:54 PM
I think gallo is exciting to listen too. Listening to the highlight goal by Reilly this year is almost as good as watching it. I lived in Brandon for 7 years and was forced to listen to Bruce luebke, wanted to hang myself when listening to that guy. Mj fans could have it worse, at least gallo gets into it.

Lubke's fairly dry, but calls it down the middle.

mjw22
01-23-2012, 06:58 PM

Gets into it that's like saying the Titanic hit an ice cube :D

hocfoll
02-03-2012, 12:51 PM
I appreciate Gallo because he displays such infectious enthusiam for the sport along with a deep understanding of the game.

Some of the other play by play guys around the league speak in a boring monotone which is as interesting as someone reading the instructions on how to assemble a barbecue.

mjw22
02-03-2012, 01:54 PM
I appreciate Gallo because he displays such infectious enthusiam for the sport along with a deep understanding of the game.

Some of the other play by play guys around the league speak in a boring monotone which is as interesting as someone reading the instructions on how to assemble a barbecue.

All I dislike about him is the over the top WWE style screaming on goals and fights sounds phony :groovy:

lordstanley
02-03-2012, 01:57 PM
Hearing a guy like gallo makes me appreciate Les Lazaruk even more than i use too our color guy is bad though i will say that

Fight Guy
02-03-2012, 02:58 PM
Some of the other play by play guys around the league speak in a boring monotone which is as interesting as someone reading the instructions on how to assemble a barbecue.Brandon:dead: