PDA

View Full Version : Pats vs Warriors Game #49

patsdude114
01-21-2012, 03:57 AM
PATS vs WARRIORS (does it get any better on a saturday nite 5pts separate the 2 teams)

Every game this year between these 2 teams have been a flat out great all around game. The Warriors hold the edge in the season series 3-1 (of scores 2-3, 1-3, 2-3, 3-2) im sure tonites game will not disappoint any hockey fan.

The Warriors are coming off a 6-5 OT win against the ICE last nite & the Pats are coming off a 3-2 OTL (back to back OTL) the Warriors got goals from not ur usual suspects at filling the net especially in the game where they score 6 goals. The Pats mean while got a goal from Weal & Scheidl.

Looking forward to seeing the 2 newest Warriors in Braes & Henry, i think both those players bring so much to the Warriors & will defiantely help the Warriors fight til the end for 1st in the conference (altho may be abit too far behind to actually catch & pass the Oil Kings) I personally feel the Warriors will easily clinch 1st in our division.

Siemens has been a Pat killer so this year & i expect the same from him yet again tonite. He is a very strong goalie & he seems to rise to the occassion when the Pats & Warriors battle.

TheMysteryMan
01-21-2012, 12:43 PM
Tremblay is supposed to get his third straight start tonight so you might not be seeing siemens tonight.

patsdude114
01-21-2012, 02:13 PM
Tremblay is supposed to get his third straight start tonight so you might not be seeing siemens tonight.

Ahhh well I have wanted to see this kid play, seems like he definately has some game in him from some previous gamesheets I have seen against some good teams.

Altho I would fully expect Siemens to play against ur biggest rivial & what the game means to both teams. I don't think Warrior fans would be too happy if by some way the Pats end up in 1st place by 1 point & they could look back at this game & say "if only we started Siemens maybe things would of been different" (that is if the Pats win this 1)

JMoney1988
01-21-2012, 02:25 PM
Hopefully you guys can win, hopefully we will too and be that much closer to passing Moose Jaw (insert evil laugh here)

mjw22
01-21-2012, 06:46 PM
Ahhh well I have wanted to see this kid play, seems like he definately has some game in him from some previous gamesheets I have seen against some good teams.

Altho I would fully expect Siemens to play against ur biggest rivial & what the game means to both teams. I don't think Warrior fans would be too happy if by some way the Pats end up in 1st place by 1 point & they could look back at this game & say "if only we started Siemens maybe things would of been different" (that is if the Pats win this 1)

Siemens will be the back up . Tremblay has played well & Siemens is being rested . Expect he will start most of the games after SC game.

PPatsFFan
01-21-2012, 10:03 PM
A few observations. Weal is amazing. Marincin has the hockey iq of a retarded six year old monkey. Huge win for the Pats. We needed that win tonight and got a bit of a gift with the Scheidl shot. Lastly... What the h-e double hockey sticks is wrong in Brandon. I would have thought they would have been one of the top teams in h east with all the fire power in the wheat city.

patsdude114
01-21-2012, 11:00 PM
Marincin needs to use a much smaller stick that stick is bigger then he is & when he handles the puck it just looks werid & ackward. I wouldnt say he has a hockey IQ of a 6yr old monkey though he is a smart player & is always looking to create a play.

I thought that Scheidl Penalty Shot was abit questionable, especially when u look back to the last game in MJ when Howden didnt get rewarded a PS which was more blantant then the 1 tonite. But in all fairness the refs were horrid tonite so many questionable calls both ways (especially our way tonite & i rarely ever complain about the refs) so maybe the PS was the refs way of evening things up in the end.

Weal is amazing i must agree there, if he would of scored with 10secs left in the 3rd on that play would of easily been the highlight goal of the year, i believe it was Edmonson he put the final move on but wow did he look stupid especially for his size.

The game winner by Weal was just great work by Weal at the netural zone to force the turnover, tough break for Erhardt as it went off his skate & into the net but that was the same way the Warriors got there 2nd goal as it went off of Bidlevskii skates & into the net so abit of karma swings in the Pats favour in the end.

Trembley looked great tonite that deflection glove save off Davidson with about 3mins left in the game was a great reaction save couldnt of asked for a better bouncing puck off a deflection.

Nice to see Beach use his head for once in his career, he was looking around to find who laid that hit to the head early in the game he started to skate towards Hunt but then changed his mind...... i think he knew if he touched him he would definately face a suspension i guess Beach does have abit of brains after all..... as anyone who has ever noticed Hunt's game knows he is not a dirty player & works hard & competes/finishes every check. There is respect for a kid that does that.

It took a couple PPs before the Pats started to shoot on the PP but once they did wow what a surprise they actually scored on it...... the PP before they scored was brutal too many cute passes & yet again Davidson passing up a chance to shoot... last season he was looking to put everything on net on the PP with his low wrister but this year he wants to make that extra pointless pass.

mjw22
01-21-2012, 11:07 PM
Marincin needs to use a much smaller stick that stick is bigger then he is & when he handles the puck it just looks werid & ackward. I wouldnt say he has a hockey IQ of a 6yr old monkey though he is a smart player & is always looking to create a play.

I thought that Scheidl Penalty Shot was abit questionable, especially when u look back to the last game in MJ when Howden didnt get rewarded a PS which was more blantant then the 1 tonite. But in all fairness the refs were horrid tonite so many questionable calls both ways (especially our way tonite & i rarely ever complain about the refs) so maybe the PS was the refs way of evening things up in the end.

Weal is amazing i must agree there, if he would of scored with 10secs left in the 3rd on that play would of easily been the highlight goal of the year, i believe it was Edmonson he put the final move on but wow did he look stupid especially for his size.

The game winner by Weal was just great work by Weal at the netural zone to force the turnover, tough break for Erhardt as it went off his skate & into the net but that was the same way the Warriors got there 2nd goal as it went off of Bidlevskii skates & into the net so abit of karma swings in the Pats favour in the end.

Trembley looked great tonite that deflection glove save off Davidson with about 3mins left in the game was a great reaction save couldnt of asked for a better bouncing puck off a deflection.

Nice to see Beach use his head for once in his career, he was looking around to find who laid that hit to the head early in the game he started to skate towards Hunt but then changed his mind...... i think he knew if he touched him he would definately face a suspension i guess Beach does have abit of brains after all..... as anyone who has ever noticed Hunt's game knows he is not a dirty player & works hard & competes/finishes every check. There is respect for a kid that does that.

It took a couple PPs before the Pats started to shoot on the PP but once they did wow what a surprise they actually scored on it...... the PP before they scored was brutal too many cute passes & yet again Davidson passing up a chance to shoot... last season he was looking to put everything on net on the PP with his low wrister but this year he wants to make that extra pointless pass.

I agree refs suck but our pp killed us. Puck went off Mcfaull in ot . YA edmundson sucks most nights this year. Hunt should get 4-6 gms.

patsdude114
01-21-2012, 11:17 PM
Hunt will get max 2 games if that, he is not a dirty player & does not have the rep of making hits that cross the rules.... especially since this hit happened so early in the game 2mins in, that always plays a role in how many games as they usually count the game it happened in if it happens before the 1st 10mins of the game....

Also not like its a huge loss to the Pats if he does get 4-6 games Stephenson is expected back by next friday (from the short convo i had with him tonite) & Hunt would of found his seat in the stands 90% chance of it anyways.

mjw22
01-21-2012, 11:21 PM
Hunt will get max 2 games if that, he is not a dirty player & does not have the rep of making hits that cross the rules.... especially since this hit happened so early in the game 2mins in, that always plays a role in how many games as they usually count the game it happened in if it happens before the 1st 10mins of the game....

Also not like its a huge loss to the Pats if he does get 4-6 games Stephenson is expected back by next friday (from the short convo i had with him tonite) & Hunt would of found his seat in the stands 90% chance of it anyways.

If the other guy is hurt games go up at least that's the usual excuse.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
01-21-2012, 11:22 PM
The game was an abortion as far as officiating. Dives galore, and bad calls galore. I expect it out of moose jaw with names like Howden and Beach, but hopefully Marincin and especially Marantz cut it out. Unfortunately it seems thats the only way to respond to other teams diving. You cant really just go beat them up, and the refs will take any excuse to put someone in the box.

Blame the rules though.

Yeah, Scheidl probably should not have gotten the penalty shot. His stick was lifted and he went into the net...but that was only consistent with the rest of the over officiating in the game...difference is the pats made it count. Its about time Scheidl got rewarded anyways, he has been great lately, and has some nice chemistry with Weal.

As for the game, our powerplay is still putrid. If it was clicking, this certainly wasnt going overtime. For all the practise and emphasis on it(and the weapons we have), you think they would learn to shoot a little more instead of looking for the perfect play...especially when MJ has their backup in.

Id say most of our D has been off with the changes of ice time. Davidson's and Jobke's minutes have been cut back a little, and neither has been quite the same lately. Despite a bad game, Id still maintain that Martin is our best defenceman. When the game is on the line, I want him out there like I want Weal out there.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
01-21-2012, 11:25 PM
No way should Hunt even get one game. He already served a 5 minute major and a game already...plus Johnson was back after a few shifts.

Knowing this league, David Branch will make sure that even his future children get suspended for ever playing again.

patsdude114
01-21-2012, 11:28 PM
Not sure if u noticed SAJ but Marincin didnt have 1 shift in the final 3 mins of the game, i think that speaks loudly for the depth we have on D or maybe just his defensive play when it comes to crunch time.

Also i have notied Jobke & Davidson havent been playing the same with the lesser minutes they r playing, they will get used it tho im sure no more need to Davidson to play 40+ mins a nite

patsdude114
01-21-2012, 11:29 PM
Knowing this league, David Branch will make sure that even his future children get suspended for ever playing again.

Thank god David Branch doesnt have anything to do with the WHL suspensions or Beach would never see a game again in this league lmao & i also highly doubt Hunt gets anything but like i said max 2 games but it will have little effect on our roster anyways with a healthy Stephenson returning & Martell who was a healthy scratch.

mjw22
01-21-2012, 11:34 PM
Thank god David Branch doesnt have anything to do with the WHL suspensions or Beach would never see a game again in this league lmao & i also highly doubt Hunt gets anything but like i said max 2 games but it will have little effect on our roster anyways with a healthy Stephenson returning & Martell who was a healthy scratch.

Not sure how many pops SAJ had but watched the wrong game in the wrong league . :D Johnson never came back after that hit.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
01-22-2012, 12:43 AM
He was on the ice. I remember seeing him...but its possible that he only went back for a few shifts.

Either way, you cant just go around suspending somebody because of the result. Especially considering he already got 5 and a (whole) game.

mjw22
01-22-2012, 12:46 AM
He was on the ice. I remember seeing him...but its possible that he only went back for a few shifts.

Either way, you cant just go around suspending somebody because of the result. Especially considering he already got 5 and a (whole) game.

Oh ya they do go look on the WHL site .

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
01-22-2012, 12:52 AM
doesnt mean they should...

patsdude114
01-22-2012, 03:52 AM
I doubt Hunt gets anything as the league knows it will be a pointless suspension anyways, he will be buried in the stands more times then not when Stephenson returns next weekend (or so is the word) give him a suspension sure why not he will be a healthy scratch the next 2 games reguardless.

Not like the league is going to set an example out of Hunt, he has zero rep of playing a dirty game... i personally thought that the Underwood hit on Howden when he was already down on his knees was much more dirty of a hit. He gave him a direct hit to the back of the head, i thought "oh Howden's head already isnt good from 2 concussions this year already give him a 3rd & his season would be done"

witness
01-22-2012, 01:25 PM
Hunt has a value to this team. He is the type of player that the Pats are trying to build around. He has speed, work ethic and an offensive upside. To assume that he would be a scratch for the next few games is wrong.

I did not see Johnson come back into the game. I think that Hunt will/should be suspended. A direct hit to the head. He has no history, and is not what I would consider to be a threat to be a repeat offender. But, to not suspend him would give a mixed message. I would suspect a 2-4 game suspension (depends on the extent of the injury).

The Underwood hit on Howden is different. It was not an intential hit to the head. Underwood was finishing his check on one to the dynamic players in the WHL. I would expect him to make that hit, it was just unfortunate that Howden was falling at the time. It was a hip to head hit.

Regardless, nice win for the boys. They need to address the slow starts. The last few games they have been chasing. Which causes the coaches to shorten the bench and is tiring for the players. They need to hit the ice running and get the lead and have the other team chasing.

PPatsFFan
01-22-2012, 02:29 PM
I agree 100 per cent that we need to start quicker. Not sure why we need to be down a goal to get going. Weak is the best player in the dub this year. 1 thing I have noticed is that even though he has been rackn up points like he is playing novice hockey... He looks tired more and more on the ice. Not sure how much we can ride 1 horse. Hopefully Chandler comes back strong. We could use another forward going. Anyone at the last two games who thinks Marincin is our best d man looses a lot of credibility. Take off the rose colored glasses pats dude. He has been hor awful defensively. Its not coincidence that he isn't seeing ice time late with a tie game. A horrible waste of a 1st round pick. I hope he turns it around. Fenske has also come back to life these past 3 games. Bidlevski looked brutal last night as well. I trust Davidson Underwood Jobke. The other 3 worry me a great deal.

patsdude114
01-22-2012, 04:15 PM
Anyone at the last two games who thinks Marincin is our best d man looses a lot of credibility. Take off the rose colored glasses pats dude. He has been hor awful defensively. Its not coincidence that he isn't seeing ice time late with a tie game. A horrible waste of a 1st round pick.

Umm im not the 1 who thinks he is our best defenseman thats SAJ so before u start using my name when calling it out make sure u read & get ur facts straight. READ NEXT TIME THIS IS UR FREE PASS WITIH ME NEXT TIME ILL TAKE HUGE OFFENSE TO IT ASSHOLE!

Id say most of our D has been off with the changes of ice time. Davidson's and Jobke's minutes have been cut back a little, and neither has been quite the same lately. Despite a bad game, Id still maintain that Martin is our best defenceman. When the game is on the line, I want him out there like I want Weal out there.

I do not think Marincin is our best defenseman by any means, definately not in his own end anyways, that goes to Davidson hands down even Underwood & Fenske are better in their own end.