PDA

View Full Version : On the bus again and again

grainbear
01-22-2012, 09:22 AM
I for one am very happy that even though weather is taking its toll on the players as a more than a couple of teams have been forced to await improving road conditions. We never want to see a repeat of the Swift Current accident a few years ago,Kodos to the highways department for making sure our guys get home safely. Also well done Canes on the victory in Kelowna , this coming week will be very important that we maintain the pace against those we are ahead of us in the standings.

patsdude114
01-26-2012, 03:53 PM
Why maintain pace when another top 5 bantam pick would be better for the team moving forward. Even sinking in the standings to 2nd or 3rd pick would be better.

I know its been tough times for the Canes the past few yrs but these high picks will onlyhelp the Canes in moving forward.

You guys have a special player in Merkley also Watson & Erkamps will be players to build around as well. With Ryan Pilon & Reid Duke (1sst rd picks) along with Kolten Olynek all expected to make the roster next season winning ways are only another season away for the Canes.

With a right trade next season to bring in another 17yr old to grow with Merkley the Canes will be a team to beat when they are 18 & 19yrs old.

here for the long run
01-26-2012, 08:45 PM
Why maintain pace when another top 5 bantam pick would be better for the team moving forward. Even sinking in the standings to 2nd or 3rd pick would be better.

I know its been tough times for the Canes the past few yrs but these high picks will onlyhelp the Canes in moving forward.

You guys have a special player in Merkley also Watson & Erkamps will be players to build around as well. With Ryan Pilon & Reid Duke (1sst rd picks) along with Kolten Olynek all expected to make the roster next season winning ways are only another season away for the Canes.

With a right trade next season to bring in another 17yr old to grow with Merkley the Canes will be a team to beat when they are 18 & 19yrs old.

We maintain our current pace for the growth and development of our current players. We are not doing well financially and need to win to bring fans in. We have our core. Trade a couple of our current 19yr olds (Johnston, Hood ect) at the start of next season for that 17, 18 year old we may be the Blazers of this year.

Not sure which 19yr olds we trade but they should have decent value?

LethHnds
01-27-2012, 08:42 AM
We maintain our current pace for the growth and development of our current players. We are not doing well financially and need to win to bring fans in. We have our core. Trade a couple of our current 19yr olds (Johnston, Hood ect) at the start of next season for that 17, 18 year old we may be the Blazers of this year.

Not sure which 19yr olds we trade but they should have decent value?

Don't disagree that we will need another 17 or 18 year old scorer for next year...your 19 year olds this year are your 20 year olds next year. Current 19 year olds are Johnston Buonasissi Hood Oslanski and Kizuik. I think Johnston and Buonasissi stay for sure and probably Hood. I think it would take a player and maybe one of the draft picks we got for Braes to pick up a scoring 17-19 year old next year.