PDA

View Full Version : Mark Lamb

trucker
01-25-2012, 03:59 PM
If I remember correctly, Lamb signed a 3 year contract with Swift Current, and an option for a 4th year. Is this correct? What is the "option"? Do fans believe he should be behind the bench next year? Just curious to the contract and the opinions for next year.

d-man
01-25-2012, 05:58 PM
If I remember correctly, Lamb signed a 3 year contract with Swift Current, and an option for a 4th year. Is this correct? What is the "option"? Do fans believe he should be behind the bench next year? Just curious to the contract and the opinions for next year.

It's a four year deal. No option.
And yes he should be behind the bench because they can't afford to fire him.

Flathead
01-27-2012, 09:47 PM

And he's a great coach!

trucker
02-05-2012, 05:48 PM
Why do you say he's a great coach? Seems to me he done NOTHING except prove he can single handidly destroy our team? Don't let Lamb chops off the hook on this! We will miss the playoffs...AGAIN...because of poor coaching! Plain and simple! This is a joke! If he is a great coach, and we are headed in the right direction, then shouldn't we have better representation, other than Coda Gordan, at the Prospect game? Why, is it, that we miss the playoffs two years in row if his coaching is so spectacular? I am so serious! Attendance troubles are happening, because a Loosing coach, is forcing us to watch a loosing product! People show up to winners! Bottom line!! This isn't hard to figure out! Why in the world is Lamchops on the board of directors? I doubt if he can fire himself! My opinion is this. This team is heading down a path of pure failure due to a coaching regime that has been allowed to be sugar coated by us fans. Fire Lamb. Fire Evjien. Let a WHL experienced person from the board have the final say. Not someone who knows our education system! When I'm in the hospital, I want the Doc to make decisions, not the candy striper!! Get this mess figured out!! NOW!!

gobroncos1986
02-05-2012, 08:26 PM
after that post I can see why you don't like anyone involved in education...

(also Lamb isn't on the board)

Toswammi
02-05-2012, 09:30 PM
We could have made the playoffs last year if we bought a bit early on, but only to get a round.

Realistically I dont know many people that figured we would be a top 8 team on day one this year.

otter
02-28-2012, 05:19 PM
Listen folks the vets are mainly still from the Chynoweth era...the scouting parameters have been reset and we will start seeing these kids next yr and beyond. The team has been more competitive and have a decent home record this season. You WILL see an improvement every yr for the next 2-3. Remember The Chynoweth 5 yr plan? Well that got us nowhere. Give Lamb 5 yrs like Chynoweth had and see where we are at. Also if a certain goalie didn't get homesick we would be in the playoffs this yr.

Toswammi
02-29-2012, 10:08 PM
All I ask is for someone to fix the most pathetic pk I have ever witnessed.

Flathead
02-29-2012, 11:43 PM
Listen folks the vets are mainly still from the Chynoweth era...the scouting parameters have been reset and we will start seeing these kids next yr and beyond. The team has been more competitive and have a decent home record this season. You WILL see an improvement every yr for the next 2-3. Remember The Chynoweth 5 yr plan? Well that got us nowhere. Give Lamb 5 yrs like Chynoweth had and see where we are at. Also if a certain goalie didn't get homesick we would be in the playoffs this yr.

I agree!! Give Lamb 5 years like Chynoweth, good point! We just need a little patience, he's a good coach.

ointhecreek
03-01-2012, 08:03 AM

How long are you going to blame Chenoweth? I'm glad he's gone but give it up, Lamb has had more than enough time to make it his team. The players play the way they are coached and if they won't they would be gone.

Wrangler
03-02-2012, 04:32 PM

In my openion they can't afford not to fire him the team has been in the basement for two yrs, if the board wants to get the fans back they have to bite the bullet and look for a bench man that can get the team back together and stert winning games. But Evjen is not the answer ship him back to Notre Dame.

Wrangler
03-02-2012, 04:49 PM
Look you guys (Lamb lovers) wake up Lamb has put this team in the basement and has keep it there for 2 yrs. Lamb is the HC/GM 7 on the board what next give him ownership as well?? Lamb is NOT a players coach when he swears at the players when they miss a pass, miss the net etc etc. Anyone ever see the man pat any of the players on the back when they come off the ice/ NO NEVER. As it is now the board can't afford not to fire him & look for a bench man that can get the team working together bring some pride back into the ranks. If we want fill the seats, we have to fine a winning coach. Players will play for a good coach but they are not playing for LAMB!!!!. Evjen is not the answer, ship him back to Notre Dame. To keep Lamb is to loose the TEAM:mad::dead:

ol' skool
03-03-2012, 08:23 PM
I think Lamb should get to atleast finish his contract. With a goalie we should have a much improved team next year that in my opinion should make the playoffs. If not then maybe he does need to go but if we do get rid of him I would like to see us get a gm that is separate from the head coach if we could all afford it. A new gm means another direction and another five years of mediocrity.

Ree_21
03-04-2012, 07:53 PM
well I believe Lambs goal this year was to make the playoffs. Albeit we didn't make the playoffs, but in the Western Conference we be sitting pretty in 7th. I'm told the year for us to be true competitors is next year starting. If we don't make the playoffs next year than Lamb has failed the organization and its fans.

canes77
03-07-2012, 04:45 AM
We would gladly take Lamb here in Lethbridge since our GM/Head Coach is rumoured to be resigning in the next 14 days. Hockey Canada spoke highly of Lamb with his role on the U18 team last year.

Be careful what you wish for... for 20+ years, most of the Broncos head coaches have been great... it's the other part of the equation that is bringing your club down.