PDA

View Full Version : Last seaon with 72 games?

Geddy Lee
01-27-2012, 03:21 PM
In the last week I've heard from two people in Vancouver who are convinced the WHL will be reducing the length of the regular season schedule. The number of games mentioned is 68, but, I've also been told it that several teams approve of reducing it drastically.

IMO, while I like the 72 game schedule for historical reasons, I think a reduction of the schedule is a good thing. I think there are way too many three-in-three situations (resulting in horrible Sunday night games) and mid-week games played in front of sparse crowds. Also, the season could start a week or two later, when ALL the players are back from NHL camps.

I would miss the extra games, but, I think the remaining games would be of better quality.

mjw22
01-27-2012, 03:41 PM
In the last week I've heard from two people in Vancouver who are convinced the WHL will be reducing the length of the regular season schedule. The number of games mentioned is 68, but, I've also been told it that several teams approve of reducing it drastically.

IMO, while I like the 72 game schedule for historical reasons, I think a reduction of the schedule is a good thing. I think there are way too many three-in-three situations (resulting in horrible Sunday night games) and mid-week games played in front of sparse crowds. Also, the season could start a week or two later, when ALL the players are back from NHL camps.

I would miss the extra games, but, I think the remaining games would be of better quality.

That would be a start then raise the draft to 16 drop 2 or all 16 spots add 1 more 20 yr old. Tired of paying to watch midgets on 3-4 lines.

CdnSailor
01-27-2012, 04:21 PM
The only reduction announced so far is the BCHL, going from 60 to 56 games.

http://www.castanet.net/news/Sports/69941/Big-changes-for-2012-13-BCHL-season