PDA

View Full Version : Pats vs Broncos Game #50

patsdude114
01-27-2012, 05:42 PM
Tonite being a (what I'm guessing is) tribute night to Rypien. $2 gets u a bobblehead of 1 of the greatest leaders in Pats history.

As for the game tonite this is a game the Pats can NOT afford to let slip away from them, with even a bigger game tomorrow nite in stoon. The Pats have had a lot of success against the Broncos the past 2yrs & it needs to continue tonite. Our star(s) Weal & Marincin need to be the difference.

Stephenson is expected to make his return this weekend which I'm guessing will start tonite. He will be a very welcomed addition to the lineup with Weal & Scheidl both playing great hockey inserting Stephenson onto the 2nd line with a much improved Marantz will give the Pats some scoring depth something they've been lacking. Stephenson should improve our PP as well.

Hunt will serve his 1st game of a 2 game suspension from the blow he delivered to Johnson on saturday nite. He shouldn't be a loss to the line up just gives someone else a chance to play the role he plays of go go go go.

Curious to see if Burroughs gets into a game this weekend & who would get sit. All the D played great on Saturday nite against a very deep roster of the Warriors. My guess is the same D will play tonite until someone shows the D they r having a bad game then Burroughs steps in next game. But what do I know I'm just a fan.

GO PATS! Let's get a big 2pts tonite.

Fight Guy
01-27-2012, 05:54 PM
In yesterdays Leader-Post, there was an article on Burroughs, and it sounds like he has been given practice time up front. Conacher trusts him and wants him to have as much ice time as possible. So I wouldn't be surprised if we see a forward sit out, with Burroughs replacing.

I remember a few years back, Teubert was put up front for a game to fill some holes, and it was one of the most exciting games I've seen him play. He hit everything in his path. Not saying this is how Burroughs will be or anything, just saying that it was super fun watching Teubert destroy everybody.:p

patsdude114
01-27-2012, 06:57 PM
Yes Burroughs is playing upfront something I predicted right from the start when we acquired Marincin.

Some of the best all time offensive defensemen for the pats played forward as a 16yr old from the likes of Dempsey & Heward & I do remember when Tuebert played a few games upfront as a 16yr old he was very effective.

patsdude114
01-27-2012, 07:55 PM
Pats came out flying right from the drop of the puck but after the 13min mark not sure if SC finally decided to play or if the pats level of play dropped off.

mjw22
01-27-2012, 07:58 PM
Pats came out flying right from the drop of the puck but after the 13min mark not sure if SC finally decided to play or if the pats level of play dropped off.

Go broncos go lol

blueline
01-27-2012, 09:40 PM
[QUOTE=Fight Guy;178411]In yesterdays Leader-Post, there was an article on Burroughs, and it sounds like he has been given practice time up front. Conacher trusts him and wants him to have as much ice time as possible. So I wouldn't be surprised if we see a forward sit out, with Burroughs replacing.

:eek:

lordstanley
01-27-2012, 09:47 PM
Go broncos go lol

You got your wish so did i lol

Fight Guy
01-27-2012, 09:49 PM
In yesterdays Leader-Post, there was an article on Burroughs, and it sounds like he has been given practice time up front. Conacher trusts him and wants him to have as much ice time as possible. So I wouldn't be surprised if we see a forward sit out, with Burroughs replacing.

:eek:
???

patsdude114
01-28-2012, 12:11 AM
Im really starting to wonder why we traded for Marincin, the guy is all offense with very little defense. Blidstrand was a more well balanced Dman then Marincin is, im starting to wish we would of used that 1st rd pick & went after a forward instead later in the day closer to the deadline time.

Marincin intensity has really dropped off since the 1st 2 games as a Pat & his defensive play really gets exposed. Not saying he doesnt do good things just not enough good things is all.

Why play Burroughs at forward & then stop using him? he easily had the hit of the nite on i believe it was Bews then after that hit in the mid 2nd i dont think he got another shift, not even as a Dman when Bidlevskii was off for 5+ mins for his fighting major.

This win was definately won by Groenheyde he made some very strong saves with rebounds, this loss was not from a lack of effort on the Pats side. Even tho the Pats went 2/4 on the PP we lost alot of momentuem from the 2 PPs that we didnt score on, heck we struggled to even gain control in the offensive zone on 1 of them.

Im not hitting the panic button by any means when u only give up 8 shots thru the 2nd & 3rd period u should be winning the game easily. The 2nd goal (1st for Vause) was a poorly tracked puck by Hewitt behind the net but also with that said Weal wasnt low enough after the faceoff for 4on4

A great tilt tonite between Bidlevskii & Nedomlel was a long 1 with Nedomlel getting in punches early on & Bidlevskii finishing strong with about 5 or 6 lefts right at the end. Nedomlel got a great punch in for the 1st punch which sent Bidlevskii helmet flying.... ill try to post a link to the fight when it gets posted on hockeyfights (usually within 12hrs of the game finishing they get clips)

west coast
01-28-2012, 12:49 AM
so Rod Pederson jokes on his blog about the Rod Pederson curse .The Pats seem to lose when he is in attendance.He was at game vs Broncos and another loss.Can the Pats bar this man from entering the Brandt center ?....
(joking)

blueline
01-28-2012, 12:54 AM
???

(Conacher trusts him ?)
Not totally sold on his coaching style, favoritism and lack of instilling confidence. My old highschool teacher would make a better motivator!!!
:o:rolleyes::clown:

Fight Guy
01-28-2012, 01:00 AM
so Rod Pederson jokes on his blog about the Rod Pederson curse .The Pats seem to lose when he is in attendance.He was at game vs Broncos and another loss.Can the Pats bar this man from entering the Brandt center ?....
(joking)
My thoughts exactly! He is clearly the reason we lost tonight!

Fight Guy
01-28-2012, 01:01 AM
(Conacher trusts him ?)
Not totally sold on his coaching style, favoritism and lack of instilling confidence. My old highschool teacher would make a better motivator!!!
:o:rolleyes::clown:I was just saying what the article said. Didn't seem to trust him that much considering he didn't play the second half of the game.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
01-28-2012, 04:04 PM
Patsdude, we got marincin because he adds offence and depth to the blueline. Blidstrand wasnt cutting it, so we got an upgrade. That being said, Im sure Lang wouldve preferred to get a forward, but we needed to do something if we were to keep Weal, and picking up a top NHL prospect works for me.

As important as it is to keep up in the playoff race(and get a good matchup), its best we smooth out the bumps in the road now than in the post season. The team is still finding their groove, and it might take some time.