pretty quiet on here since Sat night :) didn't see that one coming :omG:

lordstanley
01-29-2012, 08:42 PM
pretty quiet on here since Sat night :) didn't see that one coming :omG:

That was a A for trolling heck you even started a new thread WOW

mjw22
01-29-2012, 08:58 PM
That was a A for trolling heck you even started a new thread WOW

He's a buddy of mine even though he's a Pats fan :) Thought maybe they were still in shock .lol

lordstanley
01-29-2012, 10:09 PM
He's a buddy of mine even though he's a Pats fan :) Thought maybe they were still in shock .lol

Well that's fine then but yeah they shouldn't be to surprised they should have learned there lesson after last time if you don't show up against saskatoon willing to work you will get blown out

blueline
01-29-2012, 10:36 PM
Just don't get it and I think Pats dude would agree with me on that one, why the heck are guys like Moser scratched in a game like that?? Sure would have appreciated his physical presence last night. Lang traded high for this guy last year, why is he in the coaches dog house?
nm
:o:o:rolleyes::rolleyes::clown::clown:

west coast
01-30-2012, 01:45 AM
every one has an opinion...some may not like what is going through my skull this weekend.It seems like an old movie being played over and over and over again.Year after year the Pats battle for that elusive 8th seed.The GM believes that he has the team to go all the way and makes bonehead moves.Parker,s refusal to trade Eberle and Teubert will haunt this team for years.Trading away first round draft choices should never happen and they did it again in the Marincin deal.That really speaks volume for what they think in their scouting staff.The East is a tough conference again this year and the Pats look like a 7th seed at best and could fall as low as 9th if the Red Deer Rebels can ever find some chemistry.The fact of the matter is that Hewitt has been forced to play way too many games, ideally a team needs to have two goalies to share duties as long roadtrips and playing 3 games in 4 nights is just too much to ask one goalie to do on a regular basis.A previous poster said that it would be nice for the team to iron out the wrinkles before the playoffs start.After a 8-1 thrashing to the Blades, the team has to forget what happened in Saskatoon and continue to do the things that they have to do that have made them successful against Edmonton and Moose Jaw this season.All the fans ever ask is for an honest effort and hard work , and this squad has delivered that on most nights.

patsdude114
01-30-2012, 02:21 AM
ya i dont get why Moser doesnt play against the Blades i think he is the perfect kind of player that we need in a game against them as the Blades are a physical team & we lack physical play or at least hard hitters like Moser is....

as for the outcome nope didnt see that coming but i knew we were done when we were struggling to enter the zone on the 5on3 PP to start the 3rd, our PP is so damn brutal we r a 5on5 team & PP's kill us instead of help us, they just give the other team momenteum against us cuz we can never seem to generate pressure on the 1s we dont score on.

RWAH
01-30-2012, 10:00 AM
Agree WHO saw that coming.

Agree trading first round draft picks just to make the playoffs is dumb, but at the time we were a lot higher in the standings.

Agree we play Hewitt to often, goalies need time off. I also beleive that Hewitt because if his physical build need time off his slight frame can not handle playing this much. I did not see the MJ game but both MH and Koot OT losses were not strong games on his part, SC again a weak game and Stoon he was pulled.

Agree we need moser in the line up against S'toon and MJ. Both teams are very physical and we need to push back and we need Moser to do that.

We will have our own March Madness. We play 8 games PA twice, MJ twice and Brandon four times. If Brandon and Red Deer get turned around by then we could be hard pressed to make the playoffs.

Having said all that it is junior hockey and a four or five game winning streak and we are back in the 2 through 5. We are 3 points from 2nd in the division and 7 points from 3rd the the conference

wango tango
01-30-2012, 12:55 PM
i still don't understand the marincin deal from the pats perspective. defensively the pats have a very respectable 157 goals against. but the lowest goals for of the 8 teams currently in a playoff spot, about the same as it was before the trade deadline. so what does regina's management do, they go out and get a defenseman to help their scoring? huh! regina has no offensive forward depth.

the pats are a one line team, and that hasn't changed since the deadline. shut down weal, even strength, or power play, and you will more times than not, beat regina.

being able to honestly evaluate a roster, and dealing proven players for high end prospects to restock a team, has been a failing of the pats franchise now for over a decade. it started after the memorial cup season, continued with eberle and teubert, and now to weal this season.

the cycle of underachievement will not be broken until the franchise takes the unpopular, but necessary step, of swallowing a bitter pill, suffering short term pain to acquire high end prospects. the pats draft history has been respectable, but hasn't unearthed enough talent to overcome continual short sighted management. and dealing away 1st round picks isn't going to help.

mjw22
01-30-2012, 01:26 PM
i still don't understand the marincin deal from the pats perspective. defensively the pats have a very respectable 157 goals against. but the lowest goals for of the 8 teams currently in a playoff spot, about the same as it was before the trade deadline. so what does regina's management do, they go out and get a defenseman to help their scoring? huh! regina has no offensive forward depth.

the pats are a one line team, and that hasn't changed since the deadline. shut down weal, even strength, or power play, and you will more times than not, beat regina.

being able to honestly evaluate a roster, and dealing proven players for high end prospects to restock a team, has been a failing of the pats franchise now for over a decade. it started after the memorial cup season, continued with eberle and teubert, and now to weal this season.

the cycle of underachievement will not be broken until the franchise takes the unpopular, but necessary step, of swallowing a bitter pill, suffering short term pain to acquire high end prospects. the pats draft history has been respectable, but hasn't unearthed enough talent to overcome continual short sighted management. and dealing away 1st round picks isn't going to help.
This years deadline has Parker written all over it .lol

Western Elite
01-30-2012, 01:28 PM
I have to say it is looking more and more like the Warriors (2nd) are going to face the Pats (7th) in the first round of the playoffs. If that happens, I think they will be very low scoring games that the Pats could easily take the series. Should be interesting!

RWAH
01-30-2012, 02:06 PM
I have already stated I did not agree with the trade of the 1st and 2nd round picks, however in Chad Lang' defence he stated he was trying to get a forward but could not get a deal done and settled for the offensive d-man Marincin. Chad stated the deal for a forward was to steep as we had to give up 16 and or 17 yr old players.

As draft picks go we still have 2 in the 2nd round so the scouting has to be sharp to make quality picks.

west coast
01-30-2012, 05:57 PM
i am starting to agree with MJW22 alot these days , it could be a conspiracy but rumour had it that when Parker hired Lang- he was hiring a puppet .The Marincin deal does alot like a Parker deal mortaging the future for a defenceman that will only be in the line up for another 6 weeks before he starts his pro career with the Oilers system.It is hard to determine right now where the Pats end up in the conference but i am betting that the Pats get back on a winning streak as sometimes a good ole fashioned ass kicking like they recieved in saskatoon will get everyone working harder and playing with more passion

RWAH
01-30-2012, 08:53 PM
IMO Parker was no were near the Marincin deal and here's why Victoria got from Brandon 2 players and their first pick in 2012. Chad Lang was dealing for Sundher but thought the price was to steep, thus Marincin.

Parker would have jumped for Sundher and given Hunt, and Klimchuk and a draft pick or two that what I think Parker would have done. IMO Chad Lang continues to focus on the 13/14 and 14/15 seasons

One of this teams shortfalls is secondary scoring, offensive depth and Parker would have sold the farm for a forward.

Because we did not trade current players that will be important players in the years ahead is why I think Chad has a free hand and is not a "Parker puppet"

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
01-30-2012, 09:28 PM
good lord, the pats lose a couple games, and now all of the sudden its Parker's evil plan again.

apparently nobody is familiar with the phrase hindsight is 20/20.

I mean its possible this is just more parker puppeteering, but you know what? I cant blame them for wanting to ensure a playoff team this year, considering theyve missed it three times in a row now...and barring an epic collapse, they should make it there...even if its just a first round loss. Considering how long this **** has gone on, and the fact they didnt mortage the future at all really, I get it and Im fine with it.

Besides, what Lang has said makes sense as far as being a sensible plan. It was either trade Weal (plus) and piss off the fanbase even more, or keep Weal and add. Because just keeping Weal while other teams were adding wouldve been the Eberle and Teubert thing all over again.

We all wouldve liked to see a forward instead but it didnt happen...and Marincin, despite recently having a couple bad games, is a nice addition and adds an element to the blueline we didnt have.

This bad streak should pass...and Id rather they ironed out the creases now than at the end of the season.

patsdude114
01-30-2012, 11:34 PM
After i overheard a convo with Mrs. Lang with a guy at the Pats game i am happy we didnt trade Weal, the phones were dead for him due to where the Pats were in the standings, we were in 5th 1pt out of 4th sorry but u dont go trading away ur best player when ur in the position no matter who u are.

Im not a huge fan of Marincin & his game style, but im not saying he isnt a good player. He does good things dont get me wrong just i feel his turn overs at key times hurts us more in the long run.

As for the 1st & 2nd rd picks that were dealt, picks mean nothing when dealing with the bantam age group more 1st rd flops then great players come out of the 1st round. Unless u have a legit top 5 pick 1st rd picks are no different then 3rd round picks when dealing with this age group.

No one expected the Pats to be even in the playoff race at all this season (myself included) even if they bow out in the 1st round it is still a very successful season reguardless.

In a way i cant wait for Weal's career to be over then the Pats can finally move on from the whole Eberle/Weal being the whole team thing. We dont have that type of player ready to take over as that type of player, Klimchuk will be a star in this league dont get me wrong but he is not ready to be the 1 man show next season neither is Stephenson. I think it will be even more of a team effort in coming years then its been for the past 5 to 6 yrs. For me that excites me more then this season could ever excite me.

This coming offseason Lang will have to shuffle the cards slightly with a few offseason moves. A 20yr old will have to be dealt which could be done at the draft to bring in a 3rd to 4th rd pick, Hewitt i could see be on the way out somewhere out West PG may need to groom a goalie yet again since they lose Drew Owsley as an overager & Devon Fordyce is no where near ready to be a #1 goalie in this league. They also really only have 1 19yr old who is worth bringing back next season & even that is abit of a toss up. I could see PG using a 20yr old spot on a goalie again next season be it Hewitt or someone else.

I havent questioned Lang in how he runs this team, the Marincin trade may not of made a ton of sense from a Pats perspective but I believe Lang when he says the price to add a forward was way to much so do the next best thing. We have ALOT of very winnable games ahead of us in the next few weeks we still control our own outcome. Outside of the Saskatoon games this team has still been playing very good hockey. The odds of us playing Stoon in the playoffs i think are slim anyways but it could very well happen. Theyve been the only Eastern team to have our number all season long.

I personally dont think anyone wants to play the Hitmen or the Blades in the 1st round. The Hitmen just play a strong game in all 3 areas of the ice & the Blades have a goaltender who could steal a series even if the Blades dont deserve to win any of the games, & thats no kick at the Blades just saying thats how good Makarov really is. Russians u just never know when they are going to decide to go all out but when they do look out.

bkdevil
01-31-2012, 08:12 PM
Can't see Hewitt going anywhere, he is probally the second most valuable player to team this year. Bukeboom must not be the answer otherwise they would have been playing him way more this year. Maybe half way through next year if they suck, Lang might move him to a team that needs a goalie. But to have a rookie infront of a young team could be very bad.

patsdude114
02-01-2012, 01:25 AM
Incase u havent noticed or it hasnt gotten into ur head yet but Beukeboom will NOT be a rookie next season & the games he has played in this year he has been good in except for 1 game against RD where he was pulled after the 1st period during his 1st career home start, the kid had terrible nerves from the get go.

Hes played about the same amount of games as Hewitt did last year at the half way point. Alot of people questioned Hewitt as well....

bkdevil
02-01-2012, 01:47 AM
Into my head, a little rude for just disagreeing. I meant a rookie who might replace Bukeboom, hope not but like I said, there is a reason they don't play him more. As for last year Hewitt had played in twenty games and was 9-7,on team that was below 500 by 8 games or so. Big difference than to what Buke is this year. Seems to me every one was calling for Hewitt to start last year too, So sorry for disagreeing with you, and the misunderstanding you had, just hope you can handle that.

I think teams have ups and downs all year, seems the panick button gets pushed pretty fast out here, if Conacher is a good coach he will pull them out of this, think Davidson misses some of the time he was getting on ice. Bottom line not defense and, goaltending holding this team back, they need to shoot and score more.

patsdude114
02-01-2012, 04:13 AM
Into my head, a little rude for just disagreeing. I meant a rookie who might replace Bukeboom, hope not but like I said, there is a reason they don't play him more. As for last year Hewitt had played in twenty games and was 9-7,on team that was below 500 by 8 games or so. Big difference than to what Buke is this year. Seems to me every one was calling for Hewitt to start last year too, So sorry for disagreeing with you, and the misunderstanding you had, just hope you can handle that.

again i dont think u read my actual post did u???? here let me paste it in here for the part that needs to be read all over again......

Hes played about the same amount of games as Hewitt did last year at the half way point. Alot of people questioned Hewitt as well....

There did u read it that time?

Hewitt didnt over take Ketlo til after xmas & in the end Ketlo was not that good to begin with, Hewitt is miles ahead of Ketlo at the same age of 19... Beukeboom is a strong goalie prospect for the Pats & with the Pats most likely going to be lacking scoring next season they may not want to waste a 20yr old spot on a goalie, heck they may want to fill it with 2 20yr olds again on the backend.

Im a big fan of Hewitt dont get me wrong but from a numbers game involving age groups keeping Hewitt as a 20yr old goalie doesnt make alot of sense especially when u have such strong goaltending prospects ready for the backup job.... Tanner Burgardt could of very well been the backup this season as well & he will be looking for a spot on the roster next season & Patrick Gora will make a push as well & Nathan Churchill if he commits to the WHL will push those guys as well.

The Pats could trade 1 of either Gora or Burgardt to add a player in the age group that they need.