PDA

View Full Version : Concussed Stahl hoping to return to Royals

CdnSailor
01-30-2012, 02:58 PM
By Travis Paterson - Victoria News
Published: January 29, 2012 10:00 AM
Updated: January 29, 2012 10:22 AM

On Tuesday, Tyler Stahl was the only Victoria Royals player wearing the yellow jersey signifying no contact during the team’s practice – its first after a six-game road trip.

Stahl won’t be in the lineup this weekend as the Royals host the Kamloops Blazers tonight (Jan. 27) and tomorrow at 7:05 p.m. But he’s getting closer.

Tuesday was his first skate with the team since getting elbowed in the head against the Prince George Cougars way back on Oct. 3.

“It’s exciting being back on the ice. It has been hard mentally, being by yourself all the time, being away from the team. Once I was past the headaches it got better,” Stahl said.

With just six defencemen this week, Stahl’s return will give the Royals a late season boost. There’s no rush, as this was the latest of several concussions already suffered by the youth.

“Right now it’s day-by-day. I don’t know what’s going to happen but I feel good.

“Being away I actually learned a lot from not playing, by watching the game.”

When Stahl returns, the Royals will have two NHL-drafted defencemen. Newly acquired Jordan Fransoo is a seventh round pick of the Ottawa Senators, while Stahl is a sixth round pick of the Carolina Hurricanes.

IR_Hockey
01-30-2012, 07:52 PM
At least it sounds like Zgraggen will be back for the games against Prince George.