PDA

View Full Version : Blades select G Anton Khudobin in import draft!

Billy Blade
06-29-2005, 09:10 PM
I spoke with Lorne Molleken tonight at the Blades' Season Ticket Holder BBQ and he was very happy with getting Khudobin. I asked if he thought he'd be coming over and he was very confident he will be in camp this fall. Khudobin is a seventh round pick of the Minnesota Wild in 2004 (#206 overall) and backstopped the Russian team at the 2005 World Junior Hockey Championships to the silver medal where they were clearly overmatched by the Canadians. He was great in the semi-final stopping 22 shots as the Russians knocked off the Americans 7-2. Great pickup by Molleken and that really helps shore up one of the main weaknesses of the Blades.

GBG BLEED BLUE
06-29-2005, 11:02 PM
That the team was looking to land a Defencemen to help on the back end if Greener goes to Hershey(AHL) and now we can only hope that he stays with the team for his final season. I guess this does help the goaltending situation Like Billy Blade said, but overall it was a very good choice. :thumb:

Lefty
06-30-2005, 01:52 PM
But so long as he comes over I think its a good one. I guess he would be the starter, but the question would lie as to who the backup would be.

Like most of you, I think the biggest question mark now is on defense. If Green comes back I think the Blades could contend this season. If he doesn't, it'll be up to the other defenseman, and possible trades to fill the gap he leaves behind.

All I know is I can't wait for next season.

Trav
06-30-2005, 06:21 PM
the more I think that this was better then getting a d-man for a number of reasons. First, we all know the Blades needed a goaltender. No offense to Monette but he isnt starting material. He's more of a backup but since he's a nineteen year old, the Blades werent going to keep him, now I know Molleken said they'll decide between Monette and the younger guys for the backup spot but seriously I doubt Monette will be at camp unless if Khudobin can't make it here. 2nd, Molleken likely tried to get a veteran goaltender through a trade before the draft but likely found that there was none available or else the price was to high so Khudobin the Blades get for free, don't have to worry about giving up a good young player or a pick, not to mention Khudobin is one of the top jr aged goaltenders around, the Blades wouldn't have gotten a Dubnyk or Price or Nastiuk.

I'm looking forward to see Anton in net this next season, certainly takes care of the goaltending situation. Shouldn't be any question marks now.

Wildeyes
06-30-2005, 07:47 PM
he commited to coming to the blades(dont know Y its the blades) :p but u will finally get so goaltending Cyr was alright but choked in the Playoffs Moniette isnt a started in the dub and u have some nice 16 yr old hopefully thing werk out

RAIDERS OWN

Trav
06-30-2005, 08:52 PM
Assistant GM of the Wild, been friends for a long time apparently so thats likely why Khudobin has commited.