PDA

View Full Version : Doug Soetaert

RaineBlade
02-03-2012, 09:56 AM
Pretty good track record up until this year. Perhaps a GM candidate if Bruno is not renewed? PA would have to act fast though, because he will be highly sought after. Also if Campese is not to be renewed, PA should get someone in ASAP so they can do bantam draft analysis.

lordstanley
02-03-2012, 10:14 AM
My guess is 1 of the main reasons why soetart got fired was he didn't listen to trade offers for Ryan Murray he said he wanted him to be drafted into the NHL as a silvertip even though Murray could be in the NHL next season

Wapitikev
02-03-2012, 10:24 AM
Pretty good track record up until this year. Perhaps a GM candidate if Bruno is not renewed? PA would have to act fast though, because he will be highly sought after. Also if Campese is not to be renewed, PA should get someone in ASAP so they can do bantam draft analysis.

Has a long playoff string as a GM (until this year) but the last time he made it past the 1st round (in the weaker Western Conference) was 2006/2007 (year before Bruno became GM)...ever since the youngest kids they got in expansion all turned 21.

Doesn't speak well of his (or his staff's) drafting depth.

I vote we Keep looking.

-Wapitikev

Wapitikev
02-03-2012, 10:27 AM

I do agree that any time you replace the GM, the sooner after the trade deadline the better.

-Wapitikev