PDA

View Full Version : MJ -PA

mjw22
02-04-2012, 11:41 PM
Well a better effort tonight but it was PA and a rookie goalie so take it for what it was. Howden finally started to play like we expect 3 goals and was flying . PA was in a fighting mood not that good at it . McNeill Winther and Bardaro stood out for PA . Tremblay had another solid effort tonight . Beach goal assist two fights and got a cheap hit to the head penalty called on him . Knowing the dumb ass league office probably a suspension . Would expect nothing less from them .They really have to do something about these officials linesmen & refs some nights brutal is a compliment. Like Conacher said too lazy to be in the right position so they guess on penalties and blow offsides. If you can't keep up with the play you don't belong in the league .

fatshad
02-05-2012, 12:39 AM
Well a better effort tonight but it was PA and a rookie goalie so take it for what it was. Howden finally started to play like we expect 3 goals and was flying . PA was in a fighting mood not that good at it . McNeill Winther and Bardaro stood out for PA . Tremblay had another solid effort tonight . Beach goal assist two fights and got a cheap hit to the head penalty called on him . Knowing the dumb ass league office probably a suspension . Would expect nothing less from them .They really have to do something about these officials linesmen & refs some nights brutal is a compliment. Like Conacher said too lazy to be in the right position so they guess on penalties and blow offsides. If you can't keep up with the play you don't belong in the league .

I agree with you on this one !! The refereeing in this league is brutal to say the least ! Another thing that bugs me is the number of times they blow the call on scoring plays , especially assists. The league should have officials at every game making sure that points are awarded accurately ! At this level it is very important and I get the feeling the refs could care less about getting it right !! Thoughts !! :confused::mad:

mjw22
02-05-2012, 12:52 AM
I agree with you on this one !! The refereeing in this league is brutal to say the least ! Another thing that bugs me is the number of times they blow the call on scoring plays , especially assists. The league should have officials at every game making sure that points are awarded accurately ! At this level it is very important and I get the feeling the refs could care less about getting it right !! Thoughts !! :confused::mad:

The level of officiating in this league sucks . Rarely is there a game that they don't screw it up. I don't expect perfection but call what is there don't call what you thought you may have saw .Way too damn many borderline calls on hits to the melon & checking from behind. The linesmen lately have been terrible at being out of position . The refs have a hard enough time getting penalties right never mind assists :D

patsdude114
02-05-2012, 02:52 AM
The level of officiating in this league sucks . Rarely is there a game that they don't screw it up. I don't expect perfection but call what is there don't call what you thought you may have saw .Way too damn many borderline calls on hits to the melon & checking from behind. The linesmen lately have been terrible at being out of position . The refs have a hard enough time getting penalties right never mind assists :D

I have no problems with calls being made for even borderline hits to the head, there is NO REASON at all for a player to be hitting that high on a guy to begin with.

I personally havent had any problems with the officiating this year, outside of maybe 2 games. I think alot of it has to do with the rep the Warriors have for there play style on why the officals tend to be tighter on the Warriors... Is it right?? prob not but they also see guys like Beach & McIlrath along with some extent to McFaull plus the Warriors had Lyons til trade deadline i can see why the league calls things alot tighter with the Warriors

mjw22
02-05-2012, 01:13 PM
I have no problems with calls being made for even borderline hits to the head, there is NO REASON at all for a player to be hitting that high on a guy to begin with.

I personally havent had any problems with the officiating this year, outside of maybe 2 games. I think alot of it has to do with the rep the Warriors have for there play style on why the officals tend to be tighter on the Warriors... Is it right?? prob not but they also see guys like Beach & McIlrath along with some extent to McFaull plus the Warriors had Lyons til trade deadline i can see why the league calls things alot tighter with the Warriors

Well at the rate it's going this league will look like it belongs in Europe . No hit hockey coming to a rink near you soon. :burningmad: Robison was probably a wuss when he played now he's ruining what used to be the toughest league to play in. A sign of the times a generation where you get a medal just for participating a hug for trying hard and parity is great :mad:

patsdude114
02-05-2012, 02:03 PM
I dont think its the league as much as it is the players, players are so lazy no a days when it comes to hard work which is taking the body. They will avoid making a hit or even taking a hit to make a play.

The games between MH & MJ in Regina about a week ago were very physical games with very little penalties alot of it also has to deal with who ur playing & the intensity of the game. The game last nite in Regina against Lethbridge wasnt very physical at all, LETH is definately a skating team, maybe if they had been more physical Ketlo wouldnt of had to make 45 saves to give his team a chance to win.

Us as fans just have to accept that the game is changing for more speed & skill & with that comes less hitting. The Pats for example get in on the forecheck & lay the body at every chance they get thats how we beat EDM all 4 times this year, Dmen dont like to be hit all game & it evenutally wears them down.