PDA

View Full Version : Nikkel is gold

Raider Believer
02-20-2012, 08:40 PM
What a great trade for the Wheaties when they landed this young stallion. Just watch. Two years from now he'll be captain of Brandon Wheat Kings. The more I watch the more I'm impressed, and he's only 16! A natural leader with an edge. In my mind, the best of a good group of 95 dmen. A first rounder in June 2013.

booboo
02-20-2012, 09:56 PM
You're right about Nikkel--very poised but best of all very physical--hard to play against--will only get better.

sbtatter
02-20-2012, 11:04 PM
His development curve has gone exponential since the Fransoo trade and regular games on defence, he plays a lot like Manson used to. What an awesome guy, just think, next season we have Nikkel, Pulock, Roy, Kuczek, Waltz as our young core, and Miller/Hunter as veteran backup

booboo
02-20-2012, 11:47 PM
What about Garret Bruce on defence from the Interlake Lightning of AAA midget? Has good stats--offensively. Is he still on the WK protected list? Also is Kord Pankiwiez not projected to play on defence??

sbtatter
02-21-2012, 07:36 AM
What about Garret Bruce on defence from the Interlake Lightning of AAA midget? Has good stats--offensively. Is he still on the WK protected list? Also is Kord Pankiwiez not projected to play on defence??

Pankiwiez is a d-man (more like a rover!), so maybe he will be the 8th guy

Joe Hallenback
02-21-2012, 08:01 AM
No one knows what position Pankewicz is playing this year. I had someone tell me that he was playing wing this season. If anyone watches Alberta midget AAA we would love to know

Joe Hallenback
02-21-2012, 08:04 AM
I believe Bruce is still on the Wheat Kings protective list. He had a pretty amazing year for Interlake. Really good player. Solid skater and passer. Has a good hard shot. Just another guy to take a look at next year.

Also Parkland is knocked out so hopefully Brandon calls up Hawryluk

dagley
02-21-2012, 10:25 AM
Hopefully Kuczek isn't here next year, he's awful. Dziurzynski awful.

Pecker
02-21-2012, 10:31 AM
I'd rather have Kuczek then Dziurzynski on my team. Dziurzynski is awful!! Good riddence to all of our 20 year olds this year!

WHLFANMAN
02-25-2012, 01:01 PM
His development curve has gone exponential since the Fransoo trade and regular games on defence, he plays a lot like Manson used to. What an awesome guy, just think, next season we have Nikkel, Pulock, Roy, Kuczek, Waltz as our young core, and Miller/Hunter as veteran backup

You gotta love this kid! He takes advantage of every opportunity the team gives him.:karate:

sbtatter
02-25-2012, 02:24 PM
Hopefully Kuczek isn't here next year, he's awful. Dziurzynski awful.

I have to correct you, Kuczek is an awful forward, but, he's a decent d-man who can take on the Miller role, 5th or 6th d-man who can play the fighter role. Need a few of those guys on the team.

sbtatter
02-25-2012, 02:27 PM
You gotta love this kid! He takes advantage of every opportunity the team gives him.:karate:

I don't know why CC sat Nikkel/Hunter in the last 5 minutes, they were playing well enough to stay in the regular rotation.
Nikkel may be our #2/3 d-man next year if his development continues. So blue chip. He hits the most of any of our d-men, he fights, he just loves to play the game.

dubfanman
03-04-2012, 12:07 PM
I don't know why CC sat Nikkel/Hunter in the last 5 minutes, they were playing well enough to stay in the regular rotation.
Nikkel may be our #2/3 d-man next year if his development continues. So blue chip. He hits the most of any of our d-men, he fights, he just loves to play the game.

The kid had a monster game the other night. a +4 .... crazy talent! Then last night he fights a nasty '92 and holds his own. Wow. this kid will be the captain in a couple of years