PDA

View Full Version : Mackenzie

WHLFANMAN
02-21-2012, 11:10 AM
This team keeps on grinding with 7 injured! Good for you guys! Mackenzie is a force!:karate: Like i've said befor this kid has just begun do to a late start in the legue. He's a 6'-3" power forward that has it all. He is skilled, has vision, skates like the wind and has an attitude! Could you build a better power forward! He was a big part of your win over Vancouver. The more he gets called upon the more he will impress!! :cool:

mjw22
02-21-2012, 09:27 PM
This team keeps on grinding with 7 injured! Good for you guys! Mackenzie is a force!:karate: Like i've said befor this kid has just begun do to a late start in the legue. He's a 6'-3" power forward that has it all. He is skilled, has vision, skates like the wind and has an attitude! Could you build a better power forward! He was a big part of your win over Vancouver. The more he gets called upon the more he will impress!! :cool:

Ya there's no quit in this team a credit to coaches and players.

Rebelsfan13
02-24-2012, 10:14 AM
I love the push by the guys, I just wish the team did something at the deadline to help for the future. Regina and Brandon are playing pretty good hockey again so playoffs are going to be a stretch.

SectionNDeserter
02-24-2012, 02:11 PM
I love the push by the guys, I just wish the team did something at the deadline to help for the future.I am sure they would have, had they known that days later Weller and then Borejko would sustain season-ending injuries, and really just about every key part of the team would miss extended parts of the season post-deadline. Just the way she goes sometimes.

I think they are fairly set for forwards next season, with Bleackley, Bricker, Feser and Trace Elson all but locks to crack the lineup full-time. The blueline will be very green next season, with a number of the rookie blueliners missing a significant portion of their rookie season due to injury, or having a very limited role earlier in the season, and with Dumba potentially cracking an NHL roster this summer.

I am thinking that Wallin may have some plan in place for the defense in the offseason, perhaps bringing in 19/20 year old defenseman that can log a lot of minutes.

Rebelsfan13
02-26-2012, 12:56 PM
I think they knew Weller was injured before the deadline. Losing Borejko hurts but he wouldn't have been the guy to make or break whether they are in the playoffs. The odds were against them at that point and they rolled the dice, and it didn't work.

SectionNDeserter
02-26-2012, 04:27 PM
I think they knew Weller was injured before the deadline. Losing Borejko hurts but he wouldn't have been the guy to make or break whether they are in the playoffs. The odds were against them at that point and they rolled the dice, and it didn't work.At that point he hadn't had his surgery, and they didn't really know that it would be season ending, also he was really only one of two real commodities they had to move if they were moving anyone.

Borejko's presence this season would have been bigger than a lot of people think. Would maybe mean that Doetzel wouldn't be -22 and he could have been eased into the lineup a little more gradually. Would mean Dumba isn't getting overplayed, and making all those game-losing mistakes that he made this season. Maybe a little more puck possession overall due to all the board battles he would have won. I don't think it is a coincidence that the season really started to take a downturn almost directly after he was injured earlier in the season.

I don't think there was any big mystery as to which direction they were looking to go heading into the trade deadline. In the month leading up to the deadline, they sign overage goaltender Dubyk rather than just going with a younger tandem, and then upgrade their scoring by adding Inglis.

I think the only player besides Weller that both made sense to move, and would have yielded a player that is an upgrade on any of their prospects would have been Petrovic. Their other 92's have a pretty good chance of returning next season, and will make up one of the better trio of overage players that they have had in years.

In the end it does turn out to look more like a gamble though, as I don't think that a month before the deadline, anyone could have forseen the long-term injuries to Borejko, Doetzel, Weller, and Kambeitz, as well as all the other injuries