PDA

View Full Version : Western Conference Division

CdnSailor
02-22-2012, 12:04 PM
Who will take the remaining to spots in the West?

Seattle and Victoria is tied for 7th.
Seattle, Victoria, Everett and Prince George have all played 59 games and there is 2 points between 7th and 10th spot.

patsdude114
02-22-2012, 10:31 PM
I wouldnt want to face Seattle not saying they r a strong oppoent just that Pickard is very capable of stealing a series, all it takes is for him to get hot... Victoria has offense but is a terrible defensive team, it wont matter who gets 7th & 8th to be honest TC/POR & KAM will roll over either team... just saying Pickard could be a difference maker if it came down to it

Redwic
02-22-2012, 11:48 PM
Pickard gets all the hype, but he has yet to be the difference-maker in the playoffs during his WHL career, and with arguably better talent on past Thunderbirds teams in front of him. I would not expect that to change, if the team makes the playoffs this season.

FWIW- The reason Pickard makes so many awesome-looking and jaw-dropping saves is because he is out of position. A lot. I would not be surprised if he eventually ends up in the ECHL like his older brother, who I always believed was a better/more fundamentally-sound goaltender. That is not to suggest that Pickard is not good, because he is. He is just not the next best thing to sliced bread that many people have made him out to be.

patsdude114
02-23-2012, 12:16 AM
he has terrible defensive teams infront of him when u face on a regular basis 35+ shots & into the 40s that is not the goalies fault... if he was out of position so much he WOULD NOT of been a 2nd round pick.

Seattle has been poorly ran & coached for yrs now he hasnt played on a good team really since his rookie year... he is a very consistant goalie on very weak T-Birds teams, he may look out of position but when u r facing 2nd & 3rd chances on a regular basis that is not on the goalie

CdnSailor
03-11-2012, 11:26 PM
The polls are going to be very interesting to say the least.

Everett is no longer a worry to Victoria for the playoffs.
Hopefully they will beat Seattle though on Thursday.
Seattle is now the thorn in their side. If Seattle should win 2 games and Victoria lose both, the Royals will be out.
Doing the math the Royals really need to win both games coming up at home. Prince George has a very slim chance. If they lose on Tuesday they are out.

CdnSailor
03-13-2012, 10:49 PM
Seattle trumps Spokane 3-1 now giving the Thunderbirds 1 game in hand and 1 point behind the Royals.
Prince George is still fighting to the end snuffing out the Americans 5-4 in overtime. Cougars are still in 10th place, and and if all the worlds were in perfect alignment they could still make the playoffs.

CdnSailor
03-17-2012, 10:37 PM
Victoria Royals will play Kamloops Blazers in the first round. Everett wins 6 - 4

Seattle needs a win tomorrow to have a playoff game against Everett on Tuesday, otherwise Everett has 8th place.