PDA

View Full Version : Raiders recall Zach Hodder

Wildeyes
02-27-2012, 02:55 PM
Prince Albert SK – The Prince Albert Raiders have recalled 18-year-old defenceman Zach Hodder from the Coquitlam Express of the British Columbia Hockey League.

The Delta, BC native has scored 11 goals and 13 assists for 24 points in 37 games this season in the BCHL. The 5’11”, 180-pound rearguard began the season playing with the Saskatoon Blades, recording 3 points in 11 games. He has appeared in 61 Western Hockey League games with the Blades and Vancouver Giants, totalling 5 goals and 16 assists along with 19 penalty minutes.

Hodder, who was drafted by the Giants in the first round, twentieth overall, in the 2008 WHL Bantam Draft , played his midget hockey with the Notre Dame Hounds of the SMAAAHL.

Hodder joined the team on Sunday, and will return to the BCHL following Wednesday’s game against the Lethbridge Hurricanes.

the voice
03-01-2012, 11:03 AM
He looked pretty good back there. Possibly can slip into a spot if d man moved out next year. Not sure direction after last night though. Out of playoffs and still sitting out our future players. Missing an opportunity to develop and gain confidence.

Sttop
03-01-2012, 11:16 AM
It is pretty obvious that no one has any idea of what direction the team is going to go next year. How Corbin, Yaworski or Hart is not sitting over Lange is beyond me. And I like the way Bourhis plays more then the average guy but theres no way Braid should be sat when there is no chance Bourhis is playing here next year.IMO none have shown they belong in the league as 20 year olds. Next year I hope that who ever is in charge gets a 20 year old goalie and Dman to go along with Bardown

puckdad
03-01-2012, 01:43 PM
I thought he played a pretty good game. Decent boots and made some nice passes. We don't really have any 18-year old d-men other than Wasylenko now that Matt Berry-L is gone and he is a step up from him.
I think they should scratch one of the 19-year old lummoxes on d if they want to send a message about performing consistently and competing for next year as a 20.
I was distressed to see the effort in the 1st was almost nonexistent. Outshot 20-2 in our own barn. The only positive was our goalie had a .900 save percentage. Excuses? They're like assholes: everybody has one and they all stink.

Dwight Schrute
03-02-2012, 09:50 AM
It is pretty obvious that no one has any idea of what direction the team is going to go next year. How Corbin, Yaworski or Hart is not sitting over Lange is beyond me. And I like the way Bourhis plays more then the average guy but theres no way Braid should be sat when there is no chance Bourhis is playing here next year.IMO none have shown they belong in the league as 20 year olds. Next year I hope that who ever is in charge gets a 20 year old goalie and Dman to go along with Bardown

maybe they arent sitting so we got a shot at the #1 pick since there is no post season.................. :groovy:
wait a second.......... yeah why not play the rooks

Raider Believer
03-03-2012, 12:16 AM
He looked pretty good back there. Possibly can slip into a spot if d man moved out next year. Not sure direction after last night though. Out of playoffs and still sitting out our future players. Missing an opportunity to develop and gain confidence.

On the positive side, Hodder is a good one. I've liked him since Bantam hockey. We are lucky to have him and he could be a real gem with a full season next year.

On a down note: The team appears rudderless ... which doesn't surprise me.
I'm not going to state the obvious, I've said it enough.

AAAScout
03-03-2012, 09:48 AM
yep, keep playing the 20 year olds and 19 year olds, that will make the team much better for next year. Sounds like a recipe for that top 4 team we were promised in the 5 year plan. :D:p

chalk_one_up
03-03-2012, 10:20 AM
And then they have the gall to announce season ticket renewal. Sorry, but until you discount season tickets to those who shell out and support this mess, you commit to us and then we'll commit to you.

Sttop
03-03-2012, 11:27 AM
All I could think of last night was how much help the defence needs. Other then Morrissey (who is the best all around defencemen on the team) and Ruopp . There should be alot of spots open. Ideally the team goes out and gets a 1st pairing defencemen 20 year old to play with Morrissey, Then have Lang and Hodder then possibly Gunther and Ruopp.

the voice
03-03-2012, 05:21 PM
Santucci called up. Confused since we don't play who we have. I guess they've given up on some.

the voice
03-03-2012, 07:32 PM
Didn't realize Hlinka hurt and Knutsen done. I still hope the players get a chance to develop. It's key for next year.

AAAScout
03-04-2012, 10:14 AM
not very many games left to actually "develop" anyone...............next year it is!!

Wapitikev
03-06-2012, 03:06 PM
All I could think of last night was how much help the defence needs. Other then Morrissey (who is the best all around defencemen on the team) and Ruopp . There should be alot of spots open. Ideally the team goes out and gets a 1st pairing defencemen 20 year old to play with Morrissey, Then have Lang and Hodder then possibly Gunther and Ruopp.

Been away on vacation for awhile...

I also look forward to seeing Waseylenko at camp next fall...7th spot perhaps.

-Wapitikev

lordstanley
03-06-2012, 03:10 PM
Please don't tell me you Raider fans think Hodder is a great dman all of a sudden he was horrible here we gave him the boot and was even worse in Vancouver guy can't skate plays very timid and all in all is very brutal

I guess any fresh face in P.A may look like the second coming of Luke Fritshaw right now lol

Wapitikev
03-06-2012, 03:11 PM
And then they have the gall to announce season ticket renewal. Sorry, but until you discount season tickets to those who shell out and support this mess, you commit to us and then we'll commit to you.

The discount is that you don't have to pay any more than this year for next year's tickets if you renew before June 1st...after that you get to pay the new, increased price.

Given this year's results, I'd rather pay last year's price for next year's dreams than next year's price for this year's results.

-Wapitikev

lordstanley
03-06-2012, 03:17 PM
The discount is that you don't have to pay any more than this year for next year's tickets if you renew before June 1st...after that you get to pay the new, increased price.

Given this year's results, I'd rather pay last year's price for next year's dreams than next year's price for this year's results.

-Wapitikev

Well i have a feeling alot of fans will be thinking twice this offseason for season tix by the way you guys still boiling your water in P.A ? lol

Wapitikev
03-06-2012, 03:23 PM
Please don't tell me you Raider fans think Hodder is a great dman all of a sudden he was horrible here we gave him the boot and was even worse in Vancouver guy can't skate plays very timid and all in all is very brutal

I guess any fresh face in P.A may look like the second coming of Luke Fritshaw right now lol

Pretty-much...we have three d-men that Hodder was an improvement on during his one-game tryout.

Sigh.

Waseylenko looked more like Fritshaw than any of the above 4 during his 4-games back in December...his stats since then in the AJHL, not so much, though.

-Wapitikev

Raider Believer
03-06-2012, 03:24 PM

-Wapitikev

a nice turn of phrase Wappy! :)

Wapitikev
03-06-2012, 03:27 PM
Well i have a feeling alot of fans will be thinking twice this offseason for season tix by the way you guys still boiling your water in P.A ? lol
In Mexico I could brush my teeth with the tap-water. :)

-Wapitikev

lordstanley
03-06-2012, 03:28 PM
In Mexico I could brush my teeth with the tap-water. :)

-Wapitikev

Good job guess people of P.A take water for granted when able to use it lol

Wapitikev
03-06-2012, 03:29 PM
a nice turn of phrase Wappy! :)

And I didn't even resort to Latin.

Heh.

-Wapitikev

lordstanley
03-06-2012, 03:30 PM
Wappy it's nice to see you return just before the playoffs oh wait ? foreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee lol

Wapitikev
03-06-2012, 10:36 PM
Wappy it's nice to see you return just before the playoffs oh wait ? foreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee lol

I think you mean "Fooooooooooore!" :)

Here's to the Blades making it past the second round of the playoffs this year! :bevvy:

-Wapitikev

lordstanley
03-06-2012, 10:52 PM
I think you mean "Fooooooooooore!" :)

Here's to the Blades making it past the second round of the playoffs this year! :bevvy:

-Wapitikev

Just having a bit of fun lol as for us making it past the second round i don't expect us to even make it past the first round the main goal is next year anyways

Wapitikev
03-07-2012, 01:05 AM
Just having a bit of fun lol as for us making it past the second round i don't expect us to even make it past the first round the main goal is next year anyways

Next year?! I hope to be buying you beer at the NHL games for the Saskatoon Coyotes next fall! :)

Don't worry about the jokes, you troll. :cool:

Seriously though. I stated in December that this season was more likely to suck than any season since 2008/2009 or any season from 2012/2013 onward. Those reasons are the same now as they were in September.

I'll hold further comment until March 18th, however.

-Wapitikev

Bystander
03-09-2012, 09:42 PM
Another 18 year old Dman is Waseylenko, played with the Camrose Kodiaks and had a great year. I check the Kodiaks website and he won the award for most improved player. He came to the Raiders at Christmas and played 4 games, 1G, 2A. Big kid that can skate and defend. Should have been in PA from the start.

Wapitikev
03-12-2012, 12:26 PM
Another 18 year old Dman is Waseylenko, played with the Camrose Kodiaks and had a great year. I check the Kodiaks website and he won the award for most improved player. He came to the Raiders at Christmas and played 4 games, 1G, 2A. Big kid that can skate and defend. Should have been in PA from the start.

Definitely one of the improvements coming next fall, yes. He'll be 19 for the coming season.

Still waiting until after Saturday until I start throwing players under the bus, though.

-Wapitikev

the voice
03-12-2012, 02:00 PM
I would say that after these 4 games we can start an official next year thread. Everything from coaches, manager, players, trades, releases, prospects, players moving on and players looking at other options. It will be a huge thread since lots to talk about.