PDA

View Full Version : New to the forum

Son of a Preacher Man
07-03-2005, 08:45 AM
Finally a board that is all hockey. White, Grey, Pink Boards or whatever don't compare. Read the Blue board but never posted. Good to see alot of the old regulars over here, Smackitsakic, Flathead, Chtoo, Scout, Wild Willy, etc.

See Scout is a Super Mod with Flathead and Chtoo as Mod's. Good choices as they are keeping the forum clean. Can't wait for hockey to start. Thanks for the heads up to this board Scout.

Brad's replacement? How much more can this guy take on. Is this job not full time? When will the new trainer be announced and who will it be? Who will hire Zimmerman's replacement and when is this going to happen? Will our Euro's report? Will the crowds increase this year as we will still be rebuilding? When is the city going to start the expansion? How many vet's will loose their jobs to rookies? Will Yonkman be Moir's back-up. What new idea's will this new Marketing Director bring and will it help? With the team loosing alot of money last year, will Sakic,Trottier,Sanderson, etc. step up to the plate and help out their old team? Chynoweth loves big, tough players. Will we be making a trade for a legit tough guy to replace Trojovsky or is 6'5" 230lb. rookie Karl Benke supposed to try and fill the role?

I'm full of questions. I know the Bronco brass read this forum and enjoy hearing what the fans have to say. Ok my rant is over. Can anyone answer any of my questions?

Scout
07-03-2005, 09:37 AM
Good to see another co-worker on board, but shouldn't you be working? lol. Enjoy the forum.

Scout

smackitsakic
07-03-2005, 11:18 AM
Welcome to the board - it's nice that it's all Bronco talk all the time and that you don't have to go sifting through 100 posts to find the Broncos news.
Brad's replacement? How much more can this guy take on. Is this job not full time? Yes it is full time, and yes Cory is a busy guy, but i'm assuming that his stint with Purolator is over, that he is hiring new people to run Dekor, and that his volunteering time will be cut down. Sure is a full slate though.
When will the new trainer be announced and who will it be? I have absolutely no idea!
Who will hire Zimmerman's replacement and when is this going to happen? I'm assuming this has been put off for the reason of allowing Cory to hire his new wingman, it only makes sense. Wasn't Zimmers job being advertised before Gourlays anyway? I'm sure they were interviewing the candidates and killing two birds with one stone in the process.
Will our Euro's report? lol who cares, they mean nothing to our team year after year anyway. Except for Cutta, man could he put together a mean knuckle sandwich.
Will the crowds increase this year as we will still be rebuilding? Why does everybody keep saying we will still be rebuilding? What is Dean doing to cause this? Last time i checked half of our team has a years worth of WHL experience as 17/18 year olds, how are you rebuilding a team with 18/19 year olds?
When is the city going to start the expansion? Who knows, it better happen though :burningma
How many vet's will loose their jobs to rookies? Again, why would we be rebuilding? We don't have any vets! Hunter is for sure a Bronco, Moir aint goin anywhere, Rumsey is the best player on this team (top three anyway) and past that, where are our vets? Oh, Schulz, lets not forget about him and his contributions to this team. He alone might carry us to the Mem cup this year. :laugh:
Will Yonkman be Moir's back-up? I sure hope so, it sounds like this kid is just as good as Moirzy. Peeters sure didn't look too hot, what was the point of that trade? Are we that scared of Sutter?
What new idea's will this new Marketing Director bring and will it help? Can't speak for Mr. Nyhagen but i'm sure he'll be fine, it's a good job for him to have.
With the team loosing alot of money last year, will Sakic,Trottier,Sanderson, etc. step up to the plate and help out their old team? We don't need to worry about this yet b/c we are in that bad of need at this point in time. We lost money, we have a cushion, big deal. I know it's a problem that we're trying to fix, but it's not a big problem that is insurmountable without the help of the elite ex-Broncos. We'll be fine, we'll find a way, we always do.
Chynoweth loves big, tough players. Will we be making a trade for a legit tough guy to replace Trojovsky or is 6'5" 230lb. rookie Karl Benke supposed to try and fill the role? Any rookie can fill the role of a tough guy, no point in using the 20 year old spot to fill it if you don't have to. It'll be interesting to see who we can acquire to fill our third 20 year old spot this year. Pretty sure we only have 2 and i can't even recall who the second one is. Hunter and?

Willis on the Welfare
07-08-2005, 08:36 PM
Son of a Preacher Man, eh? That name is too long. To me you'll be SOAP Man.

Willi$

murdawg
07-10-2005, 01:17 AM
hy willis maybe ou should be using some SOAP man! :clap:

Son of a Preacher Man
07-17-2005, 07:48 AM
This is way to quiet on our rink expansion. What is taking so long? The Warriors got a letter from the league telling them to renovate their arena to bring it up to league specs. If we don't do the expansion and renovate we will be next to get a letter or else. Why the hold up. I read the paper on this and it sounds like the city is having second thoughts on how much it will cost and we can't afford it. We can't afford to loose the Bronco's. They bring alot of people to this city and money. Maybe cut back on the curling rink. What was it i heard, over 4 million for the curling rink, so that leaves 2.5 million for the rink. Makes no sense.
The city seems so up for city growth and allows all this other crap to go ahead, yet don't believe in Junior hockey which puts Swift Current in the national spotlight and is a drawing card for people or companies thinking about relocating to Swift. Don't take a brain surgeon to figure out that the Bronco's bring more people to town than curling, not to mention the arena can be used year round for other events. What can the curling rink be used for year round?
If they are backing off quietly on this expansion, they are shooting themselves in the foot. If the rink expansion is done right then it will be fine for years and will ensure the Bronco's of staying in Swift. This city had no problem spending 15 million on the water treatment plant without batting an eye. Maybe it didn't have to be state of the art.
Lets get our heads out of our asses and get this thing going before we loose one more thing for people to do in this city.

Scout
07-17-2005, 10:02 AM
I was wondering the same thing. What is taking so long? Last i heard was the first print was to expensive and it was sent back for some cut backs to bring the cost down. Now i hear rumblings the administration thinks we can't afford it or that it is to much for the city to handle. I hope it is only a rumor and that the expansion will go ahead as planned. New luxury suites can give the team alot more revenue. We need the expansion and upgrade bad. How old is the rink. Was it not built in 67 or am i wrong here.If it was was 67 then 38 years is along time and it needs upgrading. The W.H.L. will not allow our rink to deterorate any longer and will force the club to act.

Scout