PDA

View Full Version : Campese the Raiders demise

Raider Believer
03-05-2012, 10:54 AM
Wapitikev where are you?

Remember I said we would review your wild and reckless predictions at the end of the season? So ... losing twice as many games as we win is good enough for you eh? What happened to .750 hockey from January till end of season?
How come that your precious Campese is allowing vets to be played over the kids when there is nothing to be gained .... except maybe the opportunity for development? What happened to your countdown 24 games to go! Ya right. You've totally embarrassed yourself.
So you're thinking Mathew Barzal might come here. Wrong! He's already communicated that unless a team HE WANTS drafts him, he will shuffle along to the USHL. Surprised? And guess what? PA isn't one of those teams, in fact they are at the bottom of the list. And I'm guessing he isn't the only potential top pick thinking that way. Oh ya, there is a player Campese can draft ..... his son! But I'm hearing there are issues there, something about selfishness .... guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

AAAScout
03-06-2012, 07:55 AM
I have no issues at all with you taking shots at Campese about his Management job, that is something that is part of the territory and he must accept. But to bash his son who is a 14 yr old kid and by the way has an absolute tonne of talent isn't right.

Leave the kid out of it, he has nothing to do with the Raiders and this is a Raiders forum, not a bash the 14 yr old kid forum.

Western Elite
03-06-2012, 09:13 AM
Wapitikev where are you?

Remember I said we would review your wild and reckless predictions at the end of the season? So ... losing twice as many games as we win is good enough for you eh? What happened to .750 hockey from January till end of season?
How come that your precious Campese is allowing vets to be played over the kids when there is nothing to be gained .... except maybe the opportunity for development? What happened to your countdown 24 games to go! Ya right. You've totally embarrassed yourself.
So you're thinking Mathew Barzal might come here. Wrong! He's already communicated that unless a team HE WANTS drafts him, he will shuffle along to the USHL. Surprised? And guess what? PA isn't one of those teams, in fact they are at the bottom of the list. And I'm guessing he isn't the only potential top pick thinking that way. Oh ya, there is a player Campese can draft ..... his son! But I'm hearing there are issues there, something about selfishness .... guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

You are wrong on Barzal...He and his agent have stated he will play with anyone who picks him. You shouldn't make up rumours about things that you don't know about!

I think you are talking out of pure frustration and are really out of line.

Raider Believer
03-06-2012, 10:17 AM
You are wrong on Barzal...He and his agent have stated he will play with anyone who picks him. You shouldn't make up rumours about things that you don't know about!

I think you are talking out of pure frustration and are really out of line.

Really ... this info came directly from the head scout for another WHL team. I guess we'll see. But no doubt, you are right about the frustration part.

Raider Believer
03-06-2012, 10:33 AM
I have no issues at all with you taking shots at Campese about his Management job, that is something that is part of the territory and he must accept. But to bash his son who is a 14 yr old kid and by the way has an absolute tonne of talent isn't right.

Leave the kid out of it, he has nothing to do with the Raiders and this is a Raiders forum, not a bash the 14 yr old kid forum.

The following is from the HFBoards/hockeysfuture.com And yes, I recognize that the accuracy of that board is perhaps no more than it is here, but sometimes the assessments aren't too far off the mark. Incidentally, I have watched him play, think he's very talented, undersized and yes ... at times selfish.

itsafansgame101

vCash: 500

Campese simply needs to be a lot less selfish. I saw him in Regina, he is an elite talent with one of the hardest shots in bantam hockey and the ability to turn a game around but just is not playing a game that allows for his strengths to shine.

the voice
03-06-2012, 10:40 AM
Anyone who would believe another team's scout about any of the Raiders business is out to lunch. If it is another scout who is your source, you better hope he's never discovered because you lose credibility amongst scouts spreading this type of stuff. I doubt any true scout would ever do that. Make something else up. Players should go wherever drafted. If you don't, it shows something about character and will only hurt yourself in the long run. What better place to go than PA, Swift, Prince George, Everett.....where, if done right, are going to be on an upswing over the next couple of years. Scouts will talk to potential picks and if someone doesn't want to go to PA, they'll know for themselves before picking.

Raider Believer
03-06-2012, 11:11 AM
Anyone who would believe another team's scout about any of the Raiders business is out to lunch. If it is another scout who is your source, you better hope he's never discovered because you lose credibility amongst scouts spreading this type of stuff. I doubt any true scout would ever do that. Make something else up. Players should go wherever drafted. If you don't, it shows something about character and will only hurt yourself in the long run. What better place to go than PA, Swift, Prince George, Everett.....where, if done right, are going to be on an upswing over the next couple of years. Scouts will talk to potential picks and if someone doesn't want to go to PA, they'll know for themselves before picking.

Voice .. how would you know what scouts do when you claim to just be a regular very 'unconnected' fan? News Flash! Scouts do talk! You are obviously very old school and out of touch if you think players of today won't exercise their options to influence where they go. They are no longer cattle being prodded and bullied by the Campeses of the world. The top players have agents and definitely have choices. And yes, you're right, they do let teams know they won't report. BTW the USHL is becoming more and more active in recruiting which I think is great, it gives the kids more options and options are good.

the voice
03-06-2012, 12:46 PM
I likely am old school. I would think this day and age scouts wouldn't spread false rumours. Fans shouldn't either. It can damage a kid's reputation before he gets going. If you like, hammer coaches, managers, organizations, other team fans, but don't drag draft eligible kids into it.

mjw22
03-06-2012, 01:15 PM
I likely am old school. I would think this day and age scouts wouldn't spread false rumours. Fans shouldn't either. It can damage a kid's reputation before he gets going. If you like, hammer coaches, managers, organizations, other team fans, but don't drag draft eligible kids into it.

People talk scouts included . How do you know if it's false ? Players & their agents let teams know if they won't go there so there isn't a big deal made when the player refuses to report. This isn't the 50's where players went where they were told.

wango tango
03-06-2012, 01:56 PM
the raiders as an organization are in a very bad situation. the team has missed the playoffs what, 4 out of the last 5 season, 8 out of the last 12. over a decade of darkness, futility, and underachievement. so how do things get turned around? blow everything up, and guarantee the fans at least another two seasons of awful?

could the franchise survive that in prince albert? clearing out campese, young, all the assistants, and much of the scouting staff is a guarantee of at least short term pain, as a new regime will want to have their people, their picks and prospects, and their players on the roster.

i hate to call it a crisis, unfortunately more and more that is exactly what it is looking like.

the franchise needs a huge infusion of cash. take a look at what this franchise/community is competing with in the whl and it can no longer continue to operate as it has, that is unless making the playoffs once every five years, or worse than that is acceptable to you.

AAAScout
03-06-2012, 06:47 PM
The following is from the HFBoards/hockeysfuture.com And yes, I recognize that the accuracy of that board is perhaps no more than it is here, but sometimes the assessments aren't too far off the mark. Incidentally, I have watched him play, think he's very talented, undersized and yes ... at times selfish.

itsafansgame101

vCash: 500

Campese simply needs to be a lot less selfish. I saw him in Regina, he is an elite talent with one of the hardest shots in bantam hockey and the ability to turn a game around but just is not playing a game that allows for his strengths to shine.

I am very well aware of the kid, trust me, my name does say something about me.........I am in fact a Scout.........that being said, none of that has anything to do with the Raiders at all. his son has nothing to do with the Raiders and I think it is very cheap of you to take shots at a kid who has no control over anything at all. take shots at bruno all you want GM,Coaches etc have to expect that as part of the job, but his son has nothing to do with it at any level. And by the way if he did draft his son, it would be a much better pick than ALLOT of the others we have seen him make, lol.

lordstanley
03-06-2012, 07:38 PM
I am very well aware of the kid, trust me, my name does say something about me.........I am in fact a Scout.........that being said, none of that has anything to do with the Raiders at all. his son has nothing to do with the Raiders and I think it is very cheap of you to take shots at a kid who has no control over anything at all. take shots at bruno all you want GM,Coaches etc have to expect that as part of the job, but his son has nothing to do with it at any level. And by the way if he did draft his son, it would be a much better pick than ALLOT of the others we have seen him make, lol.

But if it wasn't bruno's son and just another bantam eligble kid this wouldn't be a big deal at all

XCHEKR
03-06-2012, 08:32 PM
But if it wasn't bruno's son and just another bantam eligble kid this wouldn't be a big deal at all

Do you have nothing better to do than sit on the Raider forum??? I think it is being pointed out that his comments are just a stab at Campese! Crawl back in your hole or are the fans on your forum tired of listening to you???:rolleyes:

mjw22
03-06-2012, 08:39 PM
i hate to call it a crisis, unfortunately more and more that is exactly what it is looking like..

This is one of two or three teams in trouble. The other two are the Ice & SC. PA and SC have older small arenas with some renos but small attendance figures and financial losses that may lead to WPG.The Ice have private ownership and a newer rink so they may be a little further off the radar when it comes to moving unless the owner pushes it.P.A. & S.C. need to get the on ice issues fixed because you know Robison likes new/big arenas or cities.

AAAScout
03-06-2012, 09:11 PM

I am not sure I even know what you mean? who cares whose kid it is, this isn't a forum to bash 14 yr old kids in, it is the prince Albert Raider forum, therefore why does his son have anything to do with the organization at all?

Either way carry on, just figured perhaps a touch of class wouldn't be such a bad thing,continue bashing a 14 year old kid, that's great work fellas!!

lordstanley
03-06-2012, 09:15 PM
I haven't bashed no kid but we are all allowed to voice our own opinion weather the kid is being drafted soon or not i will continue to post on this forum for as long as i want if you guys wanna do the same on the Blades forum be my guest

I will stop when you show me the rule saying other teams fans are not allowed to post on others teams forums until then take a chill pill have a ice cream cone and relax

mjw22
03-06-2012, 09:21 PM
I haven't bashed no kid but we are all allowed to voice our own opinion weather the kid is being drafted soon or not i will continue to post on this forum for as long as i want if you guys wanna do the same on the Blades forum be my guest

I will stop when you show me the rule saying other teams fans are not allowed to post on others teams forums until then take a chill pill have a ice cream cone and relax

LS you troll :D

lordstanley
03-06-2012, 09:23 PM

Thanks back at ya you troll :p

XCHEKR
03-06-2012, 10:10 PM

Looks like you are missing a Good game! Why are you not watching your team? Or is it more interesting for you and the Lord to play on the Raider forum? :confused:

Wapitikev
03-06-2012, 10:30 PM
Wapitikev where are you?

I was so disappointed I went to Mexico. :)

I don't remember predicting anything for this year...I predicted 85 points for next year.

What I did say was I'd wait until the end of the year to call for people's jobs.

I also said that I was hoping for .600 hockey from the boys after January 1st.

Sadly the team's performance wasn't good enough from the blue-line to the goal-mouth, most nights.

...in 11 of 26 games since December 30th the team gave up 6 or more goals. They won only 1 of those 11 games. In those same 26 games, the team scored 4 or more goals 10 times but won only 5 of those games.

Anyone who was watching/listening for those games since January 30th knows exactly where the problems are...and it's not scoring goals.

How come that your precious Campese is allowing vets to be played over the kids when there is nothing to be gained .... except maybe the opportunity for development?

Correct me if I'm wrong but the coach makes the decision on who to play, not the GM.

What happened to your countdown 24 games to go!

The countdown was set by Lord Stanley, back in mid December when he said that the Raiders would have to win 27 more games to make the playoffs this year. I didn't make up that number.

I don't think that anyone posting here has been under the illusion since January 15th that Raiders were playoff bound.

I said so myself on January 28th which is why the countdown stopped at 19 and hasn't been seen since.

Lord Stanley's current tally stands at 16 more games to make the playoffs. With 9 games left...you can do the math.

Ya right. You've totally embarrassed yourself.

Isn't the first time...won't be the last, either, for me or anyone else on this board. If having faith in my team and being positive about their chances means I embarrass myself then I'm happy to do it.

So you're thinking Mathew Barzal might come here. Wrong! He's already communicated that unless a team HE WANTS drafts him, he will shuffle along to the USHL. Surprised? And guess what? PA isn't one of those teams, in fact they are at the bottom of the list. And I'm guessing he isn't the only potential top pick thinking that way.

I never suggested that we should "fail for Barzal". In fact, when someone else suggested it, I said that it was a dishonorable way to run a hockey team and that our drafting was good enough without it.

Oh ya, there is a player Campese can draft ..... his son! But I'm hearing there are issues there, something about selfishness .... guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Don't know anything about the GM's son, but I generally think that attacking 15 year old kids because you dislike their dad is a despicable practice.

-Wapitikev

XCHEKR
03-06-2012, 10:54 PM
I was so disappointed I went to Mexico. :)

I don't remember predicting anything for this year...I predicted 85 points for next year.

What I did say was I'd wait until the end of the year to call for people's jobs.

I also said that I was hoping for .600 hockey from the boys after January 1st.

Sadly the team's performance wasn't good enough from the blue-line to the goal-mouth, most nights.

...in 11 of 26 games since December 30th the team gave up 6 or more goals. They won only 1 of those 11 games. In those same 26 games, the team scored 4 or more goals 10 times but won only 5 of those games.

Anyone who was watching/listening for those games since January 30th knows exactly where the problems are...and it's not scoring goals.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the coach makes the decision on who to play, not the GM.

The countdown was set by Lord Stanley, back in mid December when he said that the Raiders would have to win 27 more games to make the playoffs this year. I didn't make up that number.

I don't think that anyone posting here has been under the illusion since January 15th that Raiders were playoff bound.

I said so myself on January 28th which is why the countdown stopped at 19 and hasn't been seen since.

Lord Stanley's current tally stands at 16 more games to make the playoffs. With 9 games left...you can do the math.

Isn't the first time...won't be the last, either, for me or anyone else on this board. If having faith in my team and being positive about their chances means I embarrass myself then I'm happy to do it.

I never suggested that we should "fail for Barzal". In fact, when someone else suggested it, I said that it was a dishonorable way to run a hockey team and that our drafting was good enough without it.

Don't know anything about the GM's son, but I generally think that attacking 15 year old kids because you dislike their dad is a despicable practice.

-Wapitikev

WOW!!! HAHA ... I don't know how many ways a person can be made to feel like S#@T but anyways here goes again! I wonder if Believer will ever get it???:rolleyes:

mjw22
03-06-2012, 11:07 PM
Looks like you are missing a Good game! Why are you not watching your team? Or is it more interesting for you and the Lord to play on the Raider forum? :confused:
It's a road game listening to it while I talk to LS ya mind . :groovy: Keep blindly supporting Campese and you & wapi will be driving to WPG to watch your team.

XCHEKR
03-06-2012, 11:15 PM
It's a road game listening to it while I talk to LS ya mind . :groovy: Keep blindly supporting Campese and you & wapi will be driving to WPG to watch your team.

You are on the "RAIDER" forum:D I guess you are feeling a little bitter and forgot where you playing:rolleyes: :clap:

Wapitikev
03-07-2012, 09:37 AM

Nope...I'll be driving to Saskatoon to watch NHL hockey and drinking with LS.

Will we see you there?

Heh.

-Wapitikev

mjw22
03-07-2012, 03:35 PM
Nope...I'll be driving to Saskatoon to watch NHL hockey and drinking with LS.

Will we see you there?

Heh.

-Wapitikev

PA will win a cup before that ever happens. The NHL if they did leak the story is doing it to drive up the price on the coyotes . Coyotes are going to Quebec City they can spruce up the old rink to use while the new one is being built. It's good to dream though.:)

XCHEKR
03-07-2012, 04:35 PM

Have you ever heard of supporting a team??? :confused: JUST CURIOUS!!! I don't feel blind supporting a team, do you?:rolleyes:

mjw22
03-07-2012, 05:10 PM
Have you ever heard of supporting a team??? :confused: JUST CURIOUS!!! I don't feel blind supporting a team, do you?:rolleyes:

list player ya make no sense or else you didn't understand the comment. Keep supporting a regime that shows no tangible evidence of progress and you will continue to reside outside the play offs losing fan support and money until your team is moved. Robison has a history of saying one thing doing another ask Chilliwack fans. Wpg is a market the WHL would probably like to be in for several reasons. With expansion off the table moving a team struggling financially is the way it will be done. SC & PA will fit the bill if things don't change. Seating capacity already works against both clubs so having a poor team only adds to the problem. Teams in small markets need fan and corporate support to survive and being out of the playoffs more than you're in erodes support in both areas.

Wapitikev
03-07-2012, 05:14 PM

My Optometrist says that I still don't need glasses...so I guess supporting the Raiders, or Campese, or whatever, hasn't made me blind. :p

I'll support the RAIDERS until they aren't here anymore...then I'll start supporting whoever is left.

...and as long as the current GM's average points per season are higher than the average for 2006-2008, then he has my support. 2006-2008 was 61, 60 and 57, respectively, for an average of 59.3. Current 2009-2012 average is 62.25 (67,68,67 and 46 if the season ended today). Next year the average should improve back to 67 if my prediction of 85 points is correct.

As always, time will tell.

-Wapitikev

mjw22
03-07-2012, 05:29 PM
My Optometrist says that I still don't need glasses...so I guess supporting the Raiders, or Campese, or whatever hasn't made me blind. :p

I'll support the RAIDERS until they aren't here anymore...then I'll start supporting whoever is left.

...and as long as the current GM's average points per season are higher than the average for 2006-2008, then he has my support. 2006-2008 was 61, 60 and 57, respectively, for an average of 59.3. Current 2009-2012 average is 62.25 (67,68,67 and 46 if the season ended today). Next year the average should improve back to 67 if my prediction of 85 points is correct.

-Wapitikev

You need to quit comparing Bruno to the last idiot and try to see the if the FUTURE is going to get better based on what Bruno has done. Saying one losing GM is better than another losing GM may be why your team is where it is. Is Brunos record in all capacities since he's been here going to move this franchise ahead & into the play offs consistently . A lot on this sight say no. GM's and coaches are fired on their record not how it compares to the guy they replaced.:confused:

the voice
03-07-2012, 06:19 PM
My observations.....The goal was 2,000 season tickets to break even or even make money. From what I see we've likely averaged 2,600 with some games mor or less. To me that says the team should be healthier after this season. Add to that a winning record next year and we see a team that stays put. We lose Maylan and 2 more 92 players I believe. So the off season is to add pieces to a team that brings back most players. What i had hoped for these last 10 games was play the hell out of the 95-94-93 born players to get a jump start for the fall. If we keep sitting these younger players we lose out on not only development but also finding out who fits in and what is needed. By neglecting the opportunity. I'm afraid we start out in the fall same spot as other more successful teams and don't hit the ground running.

AAAScout
03-07-2012, 06:21 PM
My Optometrist says that I still don't need glasses...so I guess supporting the Raiders, or Campese, or whatever, hasn't made me blind. :p

-Wapitikev

yikes, I agreed with most of what you said today and on this thread, right up until the point where you said so long as he is better than the last guy and continues to get around 67 pts a season? holy fricking mediocraty batman, why would you accept that much failure??

that is a huge problem in my eyes, and that kind of acceptance is absolutely terrible, and would not manage to hold water in any business(let's not forget this is business) 67pts a season is an utter failure and can not be accepted!!

Wapitikev
03-07-2012, 06:27 PM
You need to quit comparing Bruno to the last idiot and try to see the if the FUTURE is going to get better based on what Bruno has done. Saying one losing GM is better than another losing GM may be why your team is where it is. Is Brunos record in all capacities since he's been here going to move this franchise ahead & into the play offs consistently . A lot on this sight say no. GM's and coaches are fired on their record not how it compares to the guy they replaced.:confused:

Hmmn. Would 85 points next year (my prediction) be better? It WOULD be the 3rd best finish in 15 years for this club.

Last time I checked, there wasn't a mile-long-list of NHL calibre GMs and coaches salivating to come to PA.

The next guy is just as likely as Bruno's predecessor was to leave his village without an idiot.

He's taken a team with no talent ON it and no talent in its pipeline or on its list in the summer of 2008 and positioned it (after some major changes on D and in net in the coming off-season) to contend for a Conference championship in 2013.

So OK, lets fire him then.

-Wapitikev

Wapitikev
03-07-2012, 06:30 PM
yikes, I agreed with most of what you said today and on this thread, right up until the point where you said so long as he is better than the last guy and continues to get around 67 pts a season? holy fricking mediocraty batman, why would you accept that much failure??

that is a huge problem in my eyes, and that kind of acceptance is absolutely terrible, and would not manage to hold water in any business(let's not forget this is business) 67pts a season is an utter failure and can not be accepted!!

Focus on the steak and not the peas...I said that 85 points is where we should be next season...is that expecting mediocrity?

-Wapitikev

AAAScout
03-07-2012, 09:17 PM
Focus on the steak and not the peas...I said that 85 points is where we should be next season...is that expecting mediocrity?

-Wapitikev

you can't always twist your own words to whatever you want it to mean. you clearly said so long as he continues to be better than the last guy and averages 67 pts a season you are fine with that..............that over rides the fact you predict 85pts, cause if he only gets 70 you say you are still happy with that.......you can't go that far from up to down and still say it's okay.

85 is good, need some major changes on the back end and goal to make that happen, but to end with 67 is not good enough and everyone should be gone if it happens that way.

lordstanley
03-07-2012, 09:32 PM
Fricken horrible dirty P.A again plays spoiler and injures out best dman Thrower and doesn't stop all night with the stick work and mits to the face after whistles wow what a missrable franchise

JMoney1988
03-07-2012, 09:36 PM
I think Mcneil should be suspended for hit against Thrower

lordstanley
03-07-2012, 09:42 PM
I think Mcneil should be suspended for hit against Thrower

Hell yeah he should Raiders were a horrible dirty team all night long

Landon
03-07-2012, 10:35 PM
Fricken horrible dirty P.A again plays spoiler and injures out best dman Thrower and doesn't stop all night with the stick work and mits to the face after whistles wow what a missrable franchise
If the Raiders are such a horrible franchise then STOP given your tip's on this forum and go to the Blade forum. Thrower has given out alot of cheap shot's if we are gonna be honest here. Thrower looks to fight mostly rookies, he hasn't fought Yaworski, Ruopp or Braid he likes to chirp the small young guy's I see it everytime he come's here as I sit beside the oppisition bench. Thrower fights a young rookie against Kootenay (16 years old) and makes the sleeping gesture now that's not a cheap shot? Thrower maybe chirped the wrong guy being Mcneill.

lordstanley
03-07-2012, 10:39 PM
If the Raiders are such a horrible franchise then STOP given your tip's on this forum and go to the Blade forum. Thrower has given out alot of cheap shot's if we are gonna be honest here. Thrower looks to fight mostly rookies, he hasn't fought Yaworski, Ruopp or Braid he likes to chirp the small young guy's I see it everytime he come's here as I sit beside the oppisition bench. Thrower fights a young rookie against Kootenay (16 years old) and makes the sleeping gesture now that's not a cheap shot? Thrower maybe chirped the wrong guy being Mcneill.

Hmm thorwer is such a vet he just turned 18 a month and a half ago check your facts buddy

XCHEKR
03-07-2012, 10:46 PM

You are sounding like a little school girl!:D All I can say is WOW!!! That game is like one of those good old hockey games! Fans sure got their moneys worth tonight! Now> if we could have got the win, it would have been even better!!!

lordstanley
03-07-2012, 10:51 PM
Whatever mjw22 and other fans were right you guys are out for blood with cheap antics going for blood on other teams best players now that you guys have nothing to lose it is a sad sight to see oh well must be a campese thing

KEEP BOILING THE WATER PRINCE ALBERT OH AND FOOOOOOREEEEEEEEEEEE

Landon
03-07-2012, 10:54 PM
Hmm thorwer is such a vet he just turned 18 a month and a half ago check your facts buddy
Well I guess he should stop trying to play like a big boy then because he may get hurt.

Go back to your Blade forum.

the voice
03-07-2012, 11:01 PM
Wow, sounds like we're the big bad bruins now. Kudos to the Raiders for having the character to compete hard.

lordstanley
03-07-2012, 11:01 PM
Well I guess he should stop trying to play like a big boy then because he may get hurt.

Go back to your Blade forum.

Ok gladly i wil go back to my Blades forum a team with stabiltity a team that has steady ownership a team that is hosting the mem cup next year year and a team that makes the playoffs once out of every 3 years lol

take care landon enjoy camsneeze

the voice
03-07-2012, 11:04 PM
And as for "foooooorrrreeeeeee" (which sounds like it's spelled...fourie), can the Blades recommend a good course after the great collapse of 2010-2011?

lordstanley
03-07-2012, 11:06 PM
And as for "foooooorrrreeeeeee" (which sounds like it's spelled...fourie), can the Blades recommend a good course after the great collapse of 2010-2011?

Im just glad we get the opertunity to get the chance to colapse instead o missing the playoffs year after year and having campese saying this is the year yawn lol

the voice
03-07-2012, 11:12 PM
Before you go back to the Blades site, fix the punctuation keys on your keyboard and swing through english class. I'll stick with the Raiders. Good years ahead.

Wildeyes
03-07-2012, 11:12 PM
Just wait the blades will be 0-4 in the mem cup. Because they cant earn their way there. Again

nohockey
03-08-2012, 12:04 AM
i seen the hit on shaw and it was not clean. even the announcers thought he should be gone. thrower is a good hockey player and no other team would want there top guys to go down like that.

mjw22
03-08-2012, 12:19 AM
They play us back to back we'll see how dirty they want to get . Probably not much after last game in MJ. Playing rough & tough is great but the stick work and cheap shots with intent aren't. :scrapitup:Boogaard'dBoogaard'd:scrapitup:

lordstanley
03-08-2012, 12:34 AM
They play us back to back we'll see how dirty they want to get . Probably not much after last game in MJ. Playing rough & tough is great but the stick work and cheap shots with intent aren't. :scrapitup:Boogaard'dBoogaard'd:scrapitup:

hey troll buddy lol

Wapitikev
03-08-2012, 11:37 AM
you can't always twist your own words to whatever you want it to mean. you clearly said so long as he continues to be better than the last guy and averages 67 pts a season you are fine with that

I've looked back at the post and I realize that I used some overly broad language that was misleading. This should clarify things.

Please replace "as long as" from my original post with: "because"

To sum-up: The GM (and the team) have my support today due to their current average. They will have my support in 2012/2013 due to that average. 12 months from now, I'll do the new average, and then I'll decide if they still deserve my support.

..............that over rides the fact you predict 85pts, cause if he only gets 70 you say you are still happy with that.......you can't go that far from up to down and still say it's okay.

I would be happier with 70 than I was with the previous GM's 61, 60, or 57, yes...and I'd even be happier with 70 than I am with whatever dismal total we have this year...AND the way playoff points swing up and down each year, 70 points will likely be enough for 7th or 8th next spring.

BUT I don't expect 70. I expect 85. RaiderBeliever and I agreed, back on January 26, that 85 points was where to set the bar for next year.

...and if they get 85 in 2013, few will care what the average from the first 4 seasons was, nor will they need an average to decide whether Campese should stay.

85 is good, need some major changes on the back end and goal to make that happen, but to end with 67 is not good enough and everyone should be gone if it happens that way.
I completely agree.

As in the past AAA, I don't think we are as far apart in how we think as our disagreements make us appear. I'll be more specific in future.

Cheers.

-Wapitikev

lordstanley
03-08-2012, 11:49 AM
Any guesses how long McNeil will be suspended for ? considering the Raiders only have 5 games left his season could be over for his disgusting dirty hit on Thrower

Wapitikev
03-08-2012, 11:58 AM
Any guesses how long McNeil will be suspended for ? considering the Raiders only have 5 games left his season could be over for his disgusting dirty hit on Thrower

I'm sure that the league will decide by the end of the day. Shaw broadcast the game so they should have had the video last night.

There's 6 more games in the Raider's season. I'd say 3 games (or less) for a first-time offender.

I hope Thrower's OK so it doesn't affect his NHL draft status.

-Wapitikev

Sabes
03-08-2012, 11:59 AM

Not sure if he will be. It was called a hit to the head. Thrower is out with a shoulder/arm injury. If Thrower wasn't hurt i don't think there would have even been a call. The hit to the head call was more to cover for Thrower being crushed and the Refs not seeing the hit. If you were at the game you would have clearly seen that.

Wapitikev
03-08-2012, 12:16 PM
Not sure if he will be. It was called a hit to the head. Thrower is out with a shoulder/arm injury. If Thrower wasn't hurt i don't think there would have even been a call. The hit to the head call was more to cover for Thrower being crushed and the Refs not seeing the hit. If you were at the game you would have clearly seen that.

I didn't see the hit (was at the far end and I was turned away from the play to talk to the fan next to me) so I can't say how bad/dirty/etc that the hit was.

He was cradling his right arm/hand when he left the ice. We all wondered if he was so scrambled that he didn't know his head from his arm.

Hopefully it's an arm...besides maybe missing the combine, his draft status shouldn't change.

-Wapitikev

Raider Believer
03-08-2012, 03:48 PM

LS, I usually agree with a lot of your opinions. However, I watched the game and while I thought the Raiders were a little chippy, I don't share the opinion that they were deliberately trying to injure the Blades best players. Firstly, Thrower has a long history of shoulder problems and operations dating back at least 4 or 5 years. Secondly, Thrower is a verbal instigator on the ice. He is always trash talking and is no stranger to giving out dirty hits himself. So I don't have a lot of sympathy for him, although I do wish him a speedy recovery, he's a good player.

Wildeyes
03-08-2012, 03:56 PM
I am just wondering how many game Sutter will get for punching the linesmen who absolutely embarrassed him by taking him down afterwards

Raider Believer
03-08-2012, 04:13 PM
[QUOTE=Wapitikev;179717]

"BUT I don't expect 70. I expect 85. RaiderBeliever and I agreed, back on January 26, that 85 points was where to set the bar for next year.

...and if they get 85 in 2013, few will care what the average from the first 4 seasons was, nor will they need an average to decide whether Campese should stay. "

Honestly Wappy, I won't hold you to the 85 points. I think that achieving that kind of jump is completely unrealistic, almost absurdly so. And fixing the goaltending and defense issues will require giving up some significant futures or a young stud from our top six, a depth guy and draft picks.... options that aren't terrific.

But I completely agree, if the team does get 85 points the whole city will be in 'green heaven' and Campese will be given the keys to the City!

I wonder if this summer Lorne Molleken would be clever enough to do the same type of deal with PA that he did with the Wheat Kings last year? i.e. Nikkel, blue chip prospects and draft picks for Schenn. MacNeill would look good in a Blades uniform for say ... oh I don't know, Olsen with Zajac or Stovin and a couple of first rounders in 2013 and 2014 and one 2nd round draft pick in 2013 ... obviously the Blades would have to offer picks that they still owned!

Raider Believer
03-08-2012, 04:19 PM
I am just wondering how many game Sutter will get for punching the linesmen who absolutely embarrassed him by taking him down afterwards

Based on the infraction and his aggression to official, he should be suspended for the remainder of the regular season and first 2 games of the playoffs. However, his name is Sutter, so I'm guessing 2 games at the most, probably nothing. :rolleyes:

lordstanley
03-08-2012, 04:57 PM

Maylan was a douche for slew footing sutter and punching the back of his head

Wapitikev
03-08-2012, 05:24 PM
Honestly Wappy, I won't hold you to the 85 points. I think that achieving that kind of jump is completely unrealistic, almost absurdly so. And fixing the goaltending and defense issues will require giving up some significant futures or a young stud from our top six, a depth guy and draft picks.... options that aren't terrific.

But I completely agree, if the team does get 85 points the whole city will be in 'green heaven' and Campese will be given the keys to the City!

I wonder if this summer Lorne Molleken would be clever enough to do the same type of deal with PA that he did with the Wheat Kings last year? i.e. Nikkel, blue chip prospects and draft picks for Schenn. MacNeill would look good in a Blades uniform for say ... oh I don't know, Olsen with Zajac or Stovin and a couple of first rounders in 2013 and 2014 and one 2nd round draft pick in 2013 ... obviously the Blades would have to offer picks that they still owned!

I expect more than 80 points next spring and I don't think it's unreasonable. All but three of the players (85%) will be from draft-years after Campese took over as GM. It is now or never.

...but to get 85 points, there will have to be some player changes.

However, out of respect for the current players, I would rather let them finish the season on their own terms by waiting a week before I throw some of them under the bus.

I honestly have no idea which prospects Saskatoon might have that are any good, but maybe Molleken will trade McNiel for Makarov?

Heh.

-Wapitikev

lordstanley
03-08-2012, 05:28 PM
[QUOTE=Wapitikev;179717]

"BUT I don't expect 70. I expect 85. RaiderBeliever and I agreed, back on January 26, that 85 points was where to set the bar for next year.

...and if they get 85 in 2013, few will care what the average from the first 4 seasons was, nor will they need an average to decide whether Campese should stay. "

I would never do a deal like that for mcneil huge rip off plus mcneil is overated anyways yuck

Wapitikev
03-08-2012, 05:28 PM
Maylan was a douche for slew footing sutter and punching the back of his head

Well, then, his physical assault on a linesman is completely justified.

No suspension for Lucas Sutter, people!

It was great to see Schroeder manhandle him though...classic!

-Wapitikev

Wapitikev
03-08-2012, 05:29 PM
What was with that empty post (#63)? Were you so angry LS that you lost the ability to type?

-Wapitikev

Wapitikev
03-08-2012, 05:31 PM
Or perhaps incapacitated due to laughter?

-Wapitikev

lordstanley
03-08-2012, 05:32 PM
[QUOTE=Wapitikev;179717]

I would never do a deal like that for McNeil what a horrible rip off that would be more than what we gave up for Schenn and not to mention McNeil is hugely overated in my opinion

lordstanley
03-08-2012, 05:33 PM
What was with that empty post (#63)? Were you so angry LS that you lost the ability to type?

-Wapitikev

haha no i was on my blackberry and goofed up damn big fingers

lordstanley
03-08-2012, 05:53 PM
Not sure why our euro stransky fought tough guy ruopp he stood his ground well i felt anyone no why that fight started ? i missed it

Wapitikev
03-08-2012, 06:09 PM
Not sure why our euro stransky fought tough guy ruopp he stood his ground well i felt anyone no why that fight started ? i missed it

Ruop checked a Saskatoon player into the boards (as he was falling sideways). Think it was Burns, who now has a concussion or so the rumour goes.

-Wapitikev

lordstanley
03-08-2012, 06:12 PM
Ruop checked a Saskatoon player into the boards (as he was falling sideways). Think it was Burns, who now has a concussion or so the rumour goes.

-Wapitikev

Yeah thanks im glad stransky stepped up then not who i would ever expect but good on him

the voice
03-09-2012, 08:35 AM
Ruopp was going to stand him up but Burns toe picked and stumbled into Ruopp head first. No need for anyone to scrap about that one. Let alone a goal scorer. That decision could have cost Toon even more. If the guy's brain bucket would have fallen off early, Ruopp would've cleaned house.

Wapitikev
03-09-2012, 09:08 AM
Ruopp was going to stand him up but Burns toe picked and stumbled into Ruopp head first. No need for anyone to scrap about that one. Let alone a goal scorer. That decision could have cost Toon even more. If the guy's brain bucket would have fallen off early, Ruopp would've cleaned house.

That one happened down at my end...there were some good shots directly to the face at the start, before the helmet came off, yes.

Respect to Stransky for trying Ruop.

On an unrelated note, I must not understand the instigator penalty (since one wasn't called), but that's just me.

Now all we have to do is get our Euro scrapper, Hlinka, healthy so he and the Blades Euro scrapper can rumble on Tuesday.

Burns fell as he and Ruop were skating towards each other...there was absolutely no way that Roup could have aborted the contact but it did look like he laid-off at the last second...the hit probably would have been harder (just not as awkward) had Burns not been falling.

Unfortunate for Burns...hope he recovers soon.

-Wapitikev

AAAScout
03-10-2012, 08:46 AM
it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the problem for the Raiders, it is easy to see..........280 GOALS AGAINST!!! that is a terrible number and not one that you can easily recover from. It would be far to easy to blame just the goalies or just the defense.........Defense is a team decision not a position!!

A lack of defensive zone coverage, a lack of discipline and a total lack of "TEAM" desire to not get scored on this season is the problem......hopefully next year all talent aside, they get a group of guys who will commit to the defensive zone first and create turnovers from that play to score. Just some discipline this year alone would have went a long ways to many more pts for the team, but as we can see that hasn't changed at all, there is no discipline on this club at all.(blame the refs all you want, they weren't the problem)

Dwight Schrute
03-10-2012, 06:41 PM

was there any punishment for this ?

Wapitikev
03-12-2012, 01:06 PM
was there any punishment for this ?

Sutter played on Saturday in the loss to Brandon (1G, +1, 2PIM), so there couldn't have been any discipline for it.

The league seems to have turned a blind eye to everything in that game.

Should be a gong show tomorrow night.

-Wapitikev

Wapitikev
03-12-2012, 02:10 PM
it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the problem for the Raiders, it is easy to see..........280 GOALS AGAINST!!! that is a terrible number and not one that you can easily recover from. It would be far to easy to blame just the goalies or just the defense.........Defense is a team decision not a position!!

A lack of defensive zone coverage, a lack of discipline and a total lack of "TEAM" desire to not get scored on this season is the problem......hopefully next year all talent aside, they get a group of guys who will commit to the defensive zone first and create turnovers from that play to score. Just some discipline this year alone would have went a long ways to many more pts for the team, but as we can see that hasn't changed at all, there is no discipline on this club at all.(blame the refs all you want, they weren't the problem)

Agreed.

Best disciplined hockey this season: 10 games in December (2nd to 29th) where they allowed only 27 goals (2.7GA/game).

Since then, 137 GA in 29 games...4.72 GA/game...2 MORE goals every game!

Absolutely awful.

Edmonton, the league's highest scoring team this year, doesn't even average enough goals per game (4.26GF/game) to make up for that horrible of a GA.

I will comment further but I'm going to wait until Sunday. I want to let the players play out the string before I single people out.

-Wapitikev

Toswammi
03-12-2012, 04:02 PM
IMO Young is part of the problem as well (or at least it seems to be a problem when I saw PA this past weekend).

Does he always only play two forward lines and occassionaly sprinkle in a player or two from the bottom six for a shift or two thoughout the game? The PA forwards looked gassed at the end of the game, reminded me of Brad McEwan coaching in SC years back.

Dwight Schrute
03-12-2012, 06:13 PM
Sutter played on Saturday in the loss to Brandon (1G, +1, 2PIM), so there couldn't have been any discipline for it.

The league seems to have turned a blind eye to everything in that game.

Should be a gong show tomorrow night.

-Wapitikev

Glad I will be there then

lordstanley
03-12-2012, 07:08 PM
Gotta think the Raiders are due sometime i just checked the Blades are 17-4 vs them in the last 2 season's and playoffs combined maybe we should rest our stars and not risk injury like the Pats did on the weekend cause we all know there will be some head hunting going on once again

Joe Hallenback
03-12-2012, 09:16 PM
Some good news for PA fans. Michael Lorange was voted top high school player in Winnipeg. He was probably good enough for the WHL or Junior A but wanted to have a year playing with friends. Kid is really good. Loves to bang bodies and has some a nice set of hands

the voice
03-13-2012, 07:21 AM
Still would come in as a rookie and those hands won't matter much when asked to fill a role.

Wapitikev
03-13-2012, 08:59 AM
Some good news for PA fans. Michael Lorange was voted top high school player in Winnipeg. He was probably good enough for the WHL or Junior A but wanted to have a year playing with friends. Kid is really good. Loves to bang bodies and has some a nice set of hands

Let's see him report to camp (where he is without his friends), first. Then we'll see.

-Wapitikev

the voice
03-13-2012, 09:43 AM
I hope that isn't the reason he played high school. Getting thrown into a team where you don't know anyone builds character and nothing better than creating new friendships. He needs to report with hockey first on his mind. Friendships evolve. He might do good.

XCHEKR
03-13-2012, 05:06 PM
I hope that isn't the reason he played high school. Getting thrown into a team where you don't know anyone builds character and nothing better than creating new friendships. He needs to report with hockey first on his mind. Friendships evolve. He might do good.

Well said! Now lets see a Great Game "Dirty" Raiders!!!;)

lordstanley
03-13-2012, 05:14 PM
Well said! Now lets see a Great Game "Dirty" Raiders!!!;)

You said it lol now easy on the head hunting tonight lol we actually still have something to play for so play nice

AAAScout
03-13-2012, 06:41 PM

the best player in high school hockey in Winnipeg doesn't relate to very much in the real world. Midget aaa minor midget aaa major and high school hockey? yikes, and this is a kid who wouldn't even report for camp last year, I am not sure you should be looking for him to be your salvation just yet.

anyone who doesn't want to play the highest level possible is probably not ready to be a WHL caliber hockey player.

puckdad
03-13-2012, 07:54 PM
After watching that 1st period I'd better not see a Blade fan on here sniveling about the Raiders being a "dirty" team. With some of the most cowardly dirty players behind the play and Away from the puck in Sutter and Olson, the Blades mistake "tough"'for dirty WAY more than PA.

lordstanley
03-13-2012, 09:44 PM
Well thank god you guys played a great 2 periods then we dominated the last period hopefully we can do the same vs swifty

booboo
03-13-2012, 10:06 PM
Raider fans what's with your team? Why are you guys losing so many games with guys like McNeil, Maylan, and Winther??? No direction from the coaching staff?? What is the reason? Looks to me like defence and goaltending is iffy at best. Agreed!

JMoney1988
03-13-2012, 10:07 PM
Well thank god you guys played a great 2 periods then we dominated the last period hopefully we can do the same vs swifty
Then they got dirty in the third, if I was a raiders fan, I would be embarrassed.........

XCHEKR
03-13-2012, 10:14 PM
Then they got dirty in the third, if I was a raiders fan, I would be embarrassed.........

The Raiders got dirty??? :rolleyes: Did you see the game?

Ohhh.....maybe a little embarrassed over the short handed goals against so you come back with this remark???:rolleyes: You better hope you play pansies the rest of the way HAHA!!!;)

XCHEKR
03-13-2012, 10:20 PM
Raider fans what's with your team? Why are you guys losing so many games with guys like McNeil, Maylan, and Winther??? No direction from the coaching staff?? What is the reason? Looks to me like defence and goaltending is iffy at best. Agreed!

Takes a whole team;) Thought pretty much the first two periods were good .... they did have two short handed goals. Definitely didn't finish it like they should have!

Dwight Schrute
03-13-2012, 10:20 PM
It was terrible all game bad scrambling defense and poor poor goaltending

It was funny seeing Sutter turtle and bouris not let up. Winther did very well against Olsen. Looking bAck I would have likes to see tucker back with the empty overage spot

JMoney1988
03-13-2012, 10:28 PM
I do agree with tucker comment, but at we jump people, throw sticks and trying to use your stick as a baseball bat........, but that's me, I wasn't embarrassed by the shorthanded goals, I was focused the 11 goals we scored on you.........

XCHEKR
03-13-2012, 10:32 PM
It was terrible all game bad scrambling defense and poor poor goaltending

It was funny seeing Sutter turtle and bouris not let up. Winther did very well against Olsen. Looking bAck I would have likes to see tucker back with the empty overage spot

I watched it on television.....I thought the defense was missing also but they were still in the game the first two. I think Dave has been giving the boys some pointers > nice to see alot more toughness. More like the good "old" days!!!

XCHEKR
03-13-2012, 10:33 PM
I do agree with tucker comment, but at we jump people, throw sticks and trying to use your stick as a baseball bat........, but that's me, I wasn't embarrassed by the shorthanded goals, I was focused the 11 goals we scored on you.........

I am sure your coach will be concerned over short handed goals:rolleyes:

auch07
03-13-2012, 10:38 PM
Maylan clearly has watched Slap Shot too many times. Nice Tim "Dr Hook" McCracken impression. Perhaps he would have been better off going to start the bus instead of waving his stick around.

chalk_one_up
03-13-2012, 10:44 PM
Heard in Wilcox last night, the entire coaching staff to be replaced, as well as Campese with Manson taking over both duties.

Speaking of the Mintos/Argos, everyone should attend the game tomorrow night as the 5th game of the best of 5 takes place. Playoff hockey at it's finest.

XCHEKR
03-13-2012, 10:46 PM
Maylan clearly has watched Slap Shot too many times. Nice Tim "Dr Hook" McCracken impression. Perhaps he would have been better off going to start the bus instead of waving his stick around.

You blade fans are clearly obsessed with the Raiders .... you are on this forum on a pretty regular basis:) Might I add with not much to say that is worth anything:rolleyes:

lordstanley
03-13-2012, 11:30 PM

Paper teams don't win we learned that last year but your paper team is maybe good good enough to squeek into the playoffs to othhers is not that great hmmm PAPER:clap:

Landon
03-13-2012, 11:32 PM

If I were Sutter I would be embarrassed, the guy was rag dolled by a linesman in prince albert that made sport channel bloopers. Sutter comes out tonight and 1st shift gets beat up by Mcneill. Sutters final performance was the biggest embarrasment of all, I give a full 10 points for the turtle.....

lordstanley
03-14-2012, 12:31 AM
If I were Sutter I would be embarrassed, the guy was rag dolled by a linesman in prince albert that made sport channel bloopers. Sutter comes out tonight and 1st shift gets beat up by Mcneill. Sutters final performance was the biggest embarrasment of all, I give a full 10 points for the turtle.....

Sutter is a 3o goal scorerer a 100 Pim guy a gritty guy a in your face guy a high draft oick and most importantly a playoff guy over McNeil oops :p

mjw22
03-14-2012, 02:44 AM
the way the some raider players have chosen to close out the season shows a lack of class. Play hard but don't ruin someones play off hopes because you're not going. bourhis isn't even a tough guy from what I've seen. more of a goof 62 games 2 pts this may be why PA is where they are wasting a roster spot on a guy with no skill.

JMoney1988
03-14-2012, 09:00 AM

Kinda hard to fight someone face to face when you get jumped and have no way of defending yourself

XCHEKR
03-14-2012, 09:03 AM
the way the some raider players have chosen to close out the season shows a lack of class. Play hard but don't ruin someones play off hopes because you're not going. bourhis isn't even a tough guy from what I've seen. more of a goof 62 games 2 pts this may be why PA is where they are wasting a roster spot on a guy with no skill.

Obsess > dominate the mind

Obsession > excessive pre - occupation

And another thing > if you insist on posting on players , get your story correct:o:D

XCHEKR
03-14-2012, 09:52 AM
Kinda hard to fight someone face to face when you get jumped and have no way of defending yourself

Which "fight" are you referring to??:D

SEE POST BELOW!!! Are you going to be whining on this forum till next season? Bunch of babies!!!

XCHEKR
03-14-2012, 10:18 AM

Rather see the "obsession" post in case you can't figure it out!:rolleyes:

Wapitikev
03-14-2012, 11:47 AM

Looked to me like Bhouris challenged Sutter plenty of times, face to face, prior to Bhouris giving up asking and hitting him anyway.

Given his family's history in hockey, Sutter should be ashamed that he backed down from Bhouris' challenges, over and over, particularly since at that point, with the game already decided, there was nothing on the line but Sutter's pride.

NHL Draft note: being soft in an area of the game that your dad and uncles made famous is unlikely to improve your draft-day position.

-Wapitikev

mjw22
03-14-2012, 11:48 AM
And another thing > if you insist on posting on players , get your story correct:o:D

What ? Are you saying Bourhis isn't a complete waste of a perfectly good jersey.:p

Wapitikev
03-14-2012, 12:03 PM
the way the some raider players have chosen to close out the season shows a lack of class. Play hard but don't ruin someones play off hopes because you're not going. bourhis isn't even a tough guy from what I've seen.

All the more reason for Sutter NOT to back down, over and over.

...more of a goof 62 games 2 pts this may be why PA is where they are wasting a roster spot on a guy with no skill.

Bhouris is Jordan Wyton only with less talented line-mates.

Moosejaw has a checking line too, right?

He's doing his job.

If he wasn't, then posters from Saskatoon, Moosejaw, etc would have nothing to complain about.

-Wapitikev

Wapitikev
03-14-2012, 12:16 PM
Congratulations to Mark McNeil on the "Gordy Howe hat trick" last night. That it started out against Sutter makes it all the sweeter.

-Wapitikev

lordstanley
03-14-2012, 01:05 PM
Looked to me like Bhouris challenged Sutter plenty of times, face to face, prior to Bhouris giving up asking and hitting him anyway.

Given his family's history in hockey, Sutter should be ashamed that he backed down from Bhouris' challenges, over and over, particularly since at that point, with the game already decided, there was nothing on the line but Sutter's pride.

NHL Draft note: being soft in an area of the game that your dad and uncles made famous is unlikely to improve your draft-day position.

-Wapitikev

Bourhis is a bum, Sutter is needed on the ice bourhis not so much, Sutter is more focused on a agitating role and has almost 30 goals why would he risk a injury or a suspension with the playoffs right around the corner ? we don't have a goon who can barrely skate and only has 2 points this year sorry

lordstanley
03-14-2012, 01:06 PM
Congratulations to Mark McNeil on the "Gordy Howe hat trick" last night. That it started out against Sutter makes it all the sweeter.

-Wapitikev

Also congrats to the Raiders goaltending who let up a whopping 11 goals whats that sound again ? oh yeah foreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

lordstanley
03-14-2012, 01:15 PM
Austin Bourhis has been suspended and rightfully so for his massive goon actions on Sutter

wango tango
03-14-2012, 01:34 PM

-Wapitikev

why would sutter fight bouris? the score is 9-5 when bouris tries to bertuzzi sutter, holowenko has been pulled, knight can't stop a beach ball, so the raiders have no shot at coming back. why would sutter fight? the blades are in the playoffs and fighting for a better position. to defend the family name? an injury or suspension to sutter only hurts the team. so why fight? it would be stupid and selfish.

lordstanley
03-14-2012, 01:38 PM
why would sutter fight bouris? the score is 9-5 when bouris tries to bertuzzi sutter, holowenko has been pulled, knight can't stop a beach ball, so the raiders have no shot at coming back. why would sutter fight? the blades are in the playoffs and fighting for a better position. to defend the family name? an injury or suspension to sutter only hurts the team. so why fight? it would be stupid and selfish.

Bang on Wango where is the like button lol

mjw22
03-14-2012, 02:16 PM
Bang on Wango where is the like button lol

Bourhis can't golf that would require him to be able to count. Well I guess a team mate could keep score for him . :D:D:D:D:D:D

lordstanley
03-14-2012, 02:46 PM
Bourhis can't golf that would require him to be able to count. Well I guess a team mate could keep score for him . :D:D:D:D:D:D

Bourhis sounds like burris both guys are booe'd and both are hated in SASK

chalk_one_up
03-14-2012, 03:47 PM
If Prince Albert fans want to see playoff action, tonight would be a prime time to do so.

Mintos vs Argos Game 5 of best of 5 @ 7 at the AHC.

Dwight Schrute
03-14-2012, 08:45 PM

Guess maybe Sutter might think twice before he beaks off and challenges a guy then skates away. Couldn't have happened to a more deserving player. Sutter pulled the same stunt on danyluk earlier.

lordstanley
03-14-2012, 08:49 PM
Yeah he deserved to be bertuzzied by Bourhis your right oh well justice has been served bourhis is suspended and will never ever be the Hockey player Sutter is can't even hold his jack strap

CASE CLOSED

Dwight Schrute
03-14-2012, 08:53 PM
Yeah he deserved to be bertuzzied by Bourhis your right oh well justice has been served bourhis is suspended and will never ever be the Hockey player Sutter is can't even hold his jack strap

CASE CLOSED

Thanks for coming out. Now please stay off this board

lordstanley
03-14-2012, 08:56 PM
Thanks for coming out. Now please stay off this board

Show me the guidlines where it says visiting teams fans can't post on other fourms and i will

Dwight Schrute
03-14-2012, 09:03 PM

CASE CLOSED

Show me the guidlines where it says visiting teams fans can't post on other fourms and i will

I said please.
You only stir the pot with comments that are not needed or necessary
Some call it trolling others might call it immature.
Honestly though what kinda kicks do you get from trolling here ?

lordstanley
03-14-2012, 09:16 PM
I said please.

It's a open forum i choose what Hockey related topics i would enjoy and i do so if you don't like it don't read it don't try and be the forum police there is someone who already has that job

as for your last question on the other thread about a top prospect that would be Matt Barzal he will go number 1 easily not sure if he would report to P.A though time will tell

XCHEKR
03-14-2012, 09:24 PM
I said please.

I call it both ..... "Trolling" & "Immature" > there are some that go from forum to forum just doing that and I don't think we even need to mention names:rolleyes:

Landon
03-14-2012, 09:45 PM
The Blades have the two biggest loud mouths in the league Thrower and Sutter. Thrower for some reason thought beating up a 16 year old boy from Kootenay and making a sleeping gesture was the cool thing to do but you blade fans think we are cheap and dirty. I didn't see Kramer make the running away gesture when Thrower had to quit fighting him because he was bleeding so bad from knuckles to the face. Thrower chirped the Raider bench one to many times and I call it karma, you blade fans call it Mark Mcneill. Sutter should be embarrassed for skating all the way down the ice chirping at Bourhis like he wanted to fight then turtles. If you watched the game on T.V. I guess I don't have to mention everytime they showed Sutter he was chirping. Karma is such a wonderful thing...

LORD STANLEY IT'S "JOCK STRAP'' NOT ''JACK STRAP'' YOU CLOWN...

Raider Believer
03-14-2012, 10:49 PM
The Blades have the two biggest loud mouths in the league Thrower and Sutter. Thrower for some reason thought beating up a 16 year old boy from Kootenay and making a sleeping gesture was the cool thing to do but you blade fans think we are cheap and dirty. I didn't see Kramer make the running away gesture when Thrower had to quit fighting him because he was bleeding so bad from knuckles to the face. Thrower chirped the Raider bench one to many times and I call it karma, you blade fans call it Mark Mcneill. Sutter should be embarrassed for skating all the way down the ice chirping at Bourhis like he wanted to fight then turtles. If you watched the game on T.V. I guess I don't have to mention everytime they showed Sutter he was chirping. Karma is such a wonderful thing...

Thrower is among the most disliked players in the league; and he and Siemens, although management faves, are the most disliked players in their own dressing room. Sutter gets the Blade's version of the 'immunity idol' by virtue of his last name, an effective player by virtue of being given all the opportunities to succeed. How come no one talks about how Lorne messed up his team last year with the trade for Schenn? Retarded move made two seasons too soon!

Wapitikev
03-15-2012, 09:04 AM

I loved the TV close up of Braid winking at Siemens and mouthing the word "9ussy" [self-edited] after Siemens refused to fight for the umpteenth time.

Looks like Molleken's lessons on how to beak and then skate away are working, on Sutter and Siemens at least. Good on the Blades that refuse to listen.

-Wapitikev

lordstanley
03-15-2012, 09:25 AM
I loved the TV close up of Braid winking at Siemens and mouthing the word "9ussy" [self-edited] after Siemens refused to fight for the umpteenth time.

Looks like Molleken's lessons on how to beak and then skate away are working, on Sutter and Siemens at least. Good on the Blades that refuse to listen.

-Wapitikev

It was even better when siemens pointed at the scoreboard when it read 11-5 and someone told a Raider player to settle down and said frick off were 7-1 vs you guys we got nothing left to prove

lordstanley
03-15-2012, 09:31 AM
Video of steve youngs comments after the Blades game he was pissed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE

Wapitikev
03-15-2012, 09:43 AM
It was even better when siemens pointed at the scoreboard when it read 11-5 and someone told a Raider player to settle down and said frick off were 7-1 vs you guys we got nothing left to prove

Nothing left to prove, huh?

How many mem cups do you have?

As long as winning a meaningless regular season game is more important than your honour, no team will have to worry about losing a CHL championship to the Blades.

-Wapitikev

XCHEKR
03-15-2012, 09:50 AM

This obsession you have has left me seriously wondering if everything is right with you???:confused: I think it is time for you to go back to your own forum > if the Raiders are such a terrible team then why are you on this forum wasting your time? AND trying to stir the pot on other forums to find someone on their teams to get on board....REALLY, you are that immature? Seems to me if you have something productive to say, it might be better spent on your own???:rolleyes: I would think if the Blades were in first spot, you may have something to yack about hmmmm..........:confused:

mjw22
03-15-2012, 09:56 AM
When you're sitting in last place and just got hammered 11-5 I think you have bigger problems than worrying about Blades honor. I would think a new coach & gm would help. I don't think your franchise would survive another year or two of missing the play offs.

XCHEKR
03-15-2012, 10:00 AM
When you're sitting in last place and just got hammered 11-5 I think you have bigger problems than worrying about Blades honor. I would think a new coach & gm would help. I don't think your franchise would survive another year or two of missing the play offs.

Obsession # 2 !!!!:rolleyes: Did you just read the post > same goes for you if that isn't too difficult for you to figure out???

Dwight Schrute
03-15-2012, 02:36 PM

Mature real mature.
Thank you for your profound contribution

chalk_one_up
03-15-2012, 03:44 PM
Mature real mature.
Thank you for your profound contribution

Replace "playoffs" with "second round" and use it for the Blades.

lordstanley
03-15-2012, 04:25 PM
Austin Bourhis suspended for 6 games via the whl website

Landon
03-16-2012, 08:57 AM

-Wapitikev
Siemens, Thrower, and Sutter all act tough with the wrong guy's. Siemans looked really tough wanting to fight a player like Maylan. That would be like Ruopp, Braid or Yaworski wanting to fight Nicholls all game. Siemans after getting out of the penalty box for being a tough guy with Maylan sure didn't accept the invitation from Ruopp or Braid to drop the gloves. Ruopp was asking him to drop the gloves off the draw but Siemans all of a sudden wasn't a tough guy anymore. Siemans probably had flash backs of the last times he fought Ruopp. Braid asked him all night in both P.A. and Saskatoon to drop the mits but Siemans just skated away. Sutter in P.A. goes after Bardaro because him to thought he would be tough for a couple minutes going after our best player....then gets beat up by the linesman. Sutter probably called the league disciplinarian to cry about Bourhis slapping him around a little bit. I love when a player can chirp all night then when it's time to be a man he turns into turtle.......... Thrower I have said enough about that clown. I also would like to mention the two handed slash to the back os Ruopps legs by Olsen in P.A. when Burns was run over. I started laughing because Olsen (obviously scared for doing that) has never skated so fast to the bench, I could hear him screaming for a line change. Olsen should be embarrased for letting Stransky take on Ruopp. Olsen should try to stick to just playing hockey after his beat down by Winthers.
Good luck in the 4 playoff games you guys are only gonna get. The only thing you guys have for next years mem. cup team is maybe a goalie but he needs to stop the shorthanded goals, good luck.

puckdad
03-16-2012, 10:44 AM
6 games for this is way too excessive. Sutter did exactly the same thing in the 1st period to McNeill in retribution for the hit in PA on Thrower. The only difference is McNeill was man enough to turn and face him after the initial attack. Sutter then ran his mouth the whole rest of the game, and then would skate away when challenged. He is well known throughout the league for getting as many punches in before the opposition player gets his gloves off, then calling for the linesman. Other players even call doing that a "Sutter". Its a shame when such a classless, cowardly act is named after you. Even more of a shame when you are a good enough player to not have to do it, but still do. Shows a real lack of character.

Wapitikev
03-16-2012, 12:13 PM
6 games for this is way too excessive. Sutter did exactly the same thing in the 1st period to McNeill in retribution for the hit in PA on Thrower. The only difference is McNeill was man enough to turn and face him after the initial attack. Sutter then ran his mouth the whole rest of the game, and then would skate away when challenged. He is well known throughout the league for getting as many punches in before the opposition player gets his gloves off, then calling for the linesman. Other players even call doing that a "Sutter". Its a shame when such a classless, cowardly act is named after you. Even more of a shame when you are a good enough player to not have to do it, but still do. Shows a real lack of character.

Amen.

I don't fault the league...they are sending a message to stop what they see as goon-age...unfortunately the league doesn't suspend for lack of spine.

-Wapitikev

mjw22
03-16-2012, 01:18 PM
Amen.

I don't fault the league...they are sending a message to stop what they see as goon-age...unfortunately the league doesn't suspend for lack of spine.

-Wapitikev

A bit excessive I thought 1-3 for a 1 man fight . The league may be trying to send a message to non play off teams or teams in general about running guys etc.

Dwight Schrute
03-16-2012, 01:43 PM
A bit excessive I thought 1-3 for a 1 man fight . The league may be trying to send a message to non play off teams or teams in general about running guys etc.

It's probably 6 because he had a prior suspension this season.

mill rat
03-17-2012, 12:29 PM
whats the deal with posts being deleted? i'll try my first post again. i'll make the change where i think the moderator may have taken issue with.

the saskatoon blades and moose jaw warriors have never won a memorial cup. not even once. and they never will. ever.

saskatoon will have its inevitable playoff collapse. not that anyone is expecting anything from them this year. unlike last year when a mediocre p.a raiders team took them to 6 games in the first round i knew they were done. and i was right.

and moose jaw they are more known for hiring graham james than anything else. they have never won a championship of any sort.

recent regular season success means nothing if you've never produced in the playoffs. ahem, blades and warriors.

the raiders need a fresh start--they need to clean house. fire everyone and hopefully find some good hockey people who can bring them to the playoffs on a regular basis.

Dwight Schrute
03-18-2012, 08:35 AM
Any good options for coach or gm ?
Doug soetaert comes to mind

Sttop
03-18-2012, 04:18 PM
I'm very worried about letting Bruno handle this draft. This is a very very important draft. This is a draft that has a history of screwing the team for years. Last time we had a top pick instead of picking Brule we traded the pick for a kid that did nothing to help the club on or off the ice . This year we have a top 2 pick and the 1st pick in the 2nd round and another pick in the 2nd round as well as a top 3 pick in the Euro draft. There is no way I trust a guy who in his 5th year as GM gets us the worst record in the WHL and I dont think even Kev should trust him either. That being said I dont know how the board fires the whole Managment team and goes into this draft year blind either.

Dwight Schrute
03-18-2012, 05:43 PM
I'm very worried about letting Bruno handle this draft. This is a very very important draft. This is a draft that has a history of screwing the team for years. Last time we had a top pick instead of picking Brule we traded the pick for a kid that did nothing to help the club on or off the ice . This year we have a top 2 pick and the 1st pick in the 2nd round and another pick in the 2nd round as well as a top 3 pick in the Euro draft. There is no way I trust a guy who in his 5th year as GM gets us the worst record in the WHL and I dont think even Kev should trust him either. That being said I dont know how the board fires the whole Managment team and goes into this draft year blind either.

I agree
I would hope the board has a plan in Place especially with a candidate who is familiar with this years crop. I would also be contacting the agents of all the top 94 and 95 euros available to see what our options are. And if our best option is to trade the pick to a big market team for a solid return then so be it.

I hope they announce soon who will be in charge

AAAScout
03-18-2012, 07:57 PM
"if" they were to fire the management team, which I still doubt they will do. that still leaves Derkatch to handle the draft......he is the guy they trust to handle the player development etc so I would assume they would leave it with him........but I seriously doubt that Bruno will be leaving.

Dwight Schrute
03-18-2012, 08:21 PM
"if" they were to fire the management team, which I still doubt they will do. that still leaves Derkatch to handle the draft......he is the guy they trust to handle the player development etc so I would assume they would leave it with him........but I seriously doubt that Bruno will be leaving.

Is derkatch really who we would like to handle player development ? No management moves or status quo would be an epic fail in my view.

I hope positive moves are made and made soon

Wapitikev
03-18-2012, 09:24 PM
Any good options for coach or gm ?
Doug soetaert comes to mind

I'd sooner see Leonard (despite no experience at the WHL level) as coach than Soetaert anywhere near this franchise, particularly as we have the first overall pick.

Yes, DS has a long playoff string as a GM (until this year) but the last time he made it past the 1st round (in the weaker Western Conference) was 2006/2007 (year before Bruno became GM)...ever since the youngest kids the TIPS got in expansion all turned 21.

Doesn't speak well of his (or his staff's) drafting ability.

-Wapitikev

Wapitikev
03-18-2012, 09:37 PM

Bruno has just finished his 4th complete season as GM. 2008 can't possibly be blamed on him...Clark was GM until the trade deadline, after which the season, for any GM, is over.

Campese and Derkatch have done quite well in the early rounds of their drafts...take deep breaths.

If they do not stay then I sure hope that the BOD has someone in their pocket that can draft better.

-Wapitikev

Sttop
03-18-2012, 09:59 PM
Kev there is nothing you can say to defend a last place finish in his 4th/5th year as a GM ! He made some decent moves this year but made huge mistakes by not willing to give up any peices to get a legit #1 goalie and dman. I think one of the main reasons I want new management and coaching here is so I dont have to see the same 2 lines rolled all next year. It didnt matter how poorly Corbin, Mcniell, Maylan, or even Mcveigh played during a game they were still on the ice 30 mins of the game. Its like the coaching staff couldnt see who was moving there legs on a certain night. The Raiders were still in a playoff hunt when Bruno made the decision to play with 2 20 year olds which is head scratching at best for a gm that is trying to get in the playoffs.

AAAScout
03-19-2012, 06:32 PM
Is derkatch really who we would like to handle player development ? No management moves or status quo would be an epic fail in my view.

I hope positive moves are made and made soon

i totally agree..........but what I said is exactly what the organization feels......I mean derkatch has that job, so they must trust him?? I'm shocked nothing has already been released, I mean did the last game or two of the year change the decisions? haha