PDA

View Full Version : seattle-red deer trade

charlie
07-04-2005, 03:44 PM
tyler johnson for matthew hansen..any thoughts?

Red celtic
07-04-2005, 04:16 PM
Red Deers defence has gotten a whole lot bigger with Hanson 6'4'' 205 lbs Mahalik 6' 7'' 220 lbss, Zetariuk 6' 3'' 200 lbs, Kurceba 6'2'' 190 lbs, Lamoureux 6'1'' 210 lbs, Flatters 6'1'' 210 lbs and Frere 6'2'' 180 lbs. With Lilly being released I wonder if Moore has made a commitment to play in Red Deer? I don't think we are done trading yet. Maybe they will be anouncing that high impact collage player you were talking about next.
:groovy: :thumb:

charlie
07-04-2005, 04:32 PM
it is a big defence and i believe there is still some room for at least one of those top rookie dmen we have been talking about. we nailed the lilley release/trade and i'm not the least bit surprised. we have talked about at least one other that could go that route...i guess time will tell.

this year is going to feature an extraordinary group of young talent and it looks like sutter is being careful about who the role models will be. i feel sorry for johnson as he seemed to show last year that he could play hard before he got hurt but as we said it does not look good on your resume if brent sutter has traded you away.

Red celtic
07-04-2005, 05:21 PM
Tyler is a great kid and I hope he does really well with the T-Birds but I like what Sutter is doing with the team. But with him gone will be needing a firstline centre and I don't think that Walker is the maan for the job. Heres hoping that Sutter has something up his sleave.
;)

RDRebelsfan
07-04-2005, 09:45 PM
What about Rome? Personally I'd take Rome over Moore as I fele the Rebs would have enough D depth.

Shinyshoes
07-04-2005, 11:24 PM
Im with you RDRebelsfan. I think by bringing in a 20yr old D man, Moore is on his way out.

Hanson, Mahalik, Zetariuk, Kurceba, Lamoureux, Flatters, and Frere could Easily handle the reigns on D, with the only exception being keeping Moore and letting Zetariuk go. Also some near misses from last year are Danny Poulsen, Alex Winnik, Patrick Kozyra and Tanner Wilson. Also Charlie Smith (i think he was a D-man) so we do have the talent to fill the void if Sutter does decide to let an older Defenceman go in favor of a veteran forward.

On the flip side of that, I KNOW we are not done trading, and as I say every year....sutter knows what he is doing, I will just sit back, and enjoy the ride. That is why I am in section "N" and not behind the bench.

Red celtic
07-05-2005, 12:03 AM
Sorry guys I should have been more specific I was talking about Dustin Moore who played for Olds last year. He was placed on Red Deers protected list a couple of months ago. Did well in the AJHL the only concern is he is also looking at the NCAA. I agree that Shadden Moore will not be hear as a 20 year olds. There is a chance that Rome could play pro some where in the Bruins organization if that happens I would pick Wick, Hanson, and Henitiuk as my 20's if Rome doesn't make the cut he would take Henitiuks place.
:wave:

Tinner
07-05-2005, 04:53 PM
my latest intel says Dustin Moore will try out and play for the Rebels.

Red celtic
07-05-2005, 05:30 PM
Hey 39 what changed Dustins mind did Sutter offer a educational package? I think Dustin would add some grit to the lineup and will chip in with some offence.
:bounce:

Tinner
07-08-2005, 03:32 PM
i beleive the education thing was over blown. the dubs package is comparable to the NCAA. i also think to play at home, ride in the best bus, dress in the most modern of dressing rooms for an organization that also gives him 2nd line status at the very least plays a small small part in his decision.

Watch him in a rebel jersey.....my guess is number 9....could be wrong