PDA

View Full Version : MVP for 2011/12

patsdude114
03-10-2012, 03:22 AM
Who in ur mind will win the MVP this season for the WHL???

With the season only 1 week away from concluding who is the odds on favorite?

Im not trying to be a complete homer but i dont see any other player in the WHL besides maybe 2 goalies who have a chance at taking the award away from Weal... 1st off let me try to plead my case...

Yes alot of people think Weal is over-rated but unfortunately the stats dont lie too much..... he has put up 114pts (to date) on a team where the next closest point producer is Lane Scheidl with 54pts, that is double the points as the next closest. Every other star player has a few other very credible players to play with who produce at a rate or very close to it as there teams leading scorer.

At 1 point a case could of been made for Sundher when he was with Victoria, but since his trade to Brandon he has faded off into the sunset.

To me the only other players who could challenge for the MVP is Nathan Lieuwen who is putting up stunning numbers in the crease tonite, but a case can be made too for the players infront of him as well, altho not a very offensive team (the lowest scoring team in the Eastern Conference with playoff teams with only 211)

A case can be made for Mac Engel the goalie for the Chiefs, they have no true star player infront of the crease, they score by community & there leading scorer is a defenseman.

Possibly a guy like Brendan Gallagher could get some recognition as well, altho he missed alot of games this year due to WJs & an injury (is what im guessing since he has only played 51 games & the most he can play is 54 the lowest of any WHLer who played on Team Canada)

Etem could possibly be considered too altho he does have Hunter Shinkaruk to take alot of the attention off himself. Stone has put up impressive numbers as well but also has Ferland to take away alot of the attention as well. Also Taylor Vause is very important to the Broncos as a non playoff team.

Just my opinion here but Weal is putting up more points then Eberle (even just points/game as Eberle did have an excuse as he attended he WJs 2yrs) Eberle even played with more offensive teams then Weal has had & Eberle won the award in his final year of junior.

Im not trying to be biased at all here just its really hard to argue the stats & how important he is to the Pats sucess on a nitely bases.

witness
03-10-2012, 05:00 PM
My vote goes to Weal. It is a pleasure to watch this kid game in and game out. For pure value to team success ...