PDA

View Full Version : Sundher

booboo
03-14-2012, 11:37 AM
From the penthouse to the sh**house on the WK trades this year. Last year the Schenn trade was spectacular for the WK whereas this years trades for Anderson and Sundher have been very poor unless by some divine intervention Sundher gets healthy and leads us to at least 2 rounds in the playoffs. I have watched both players a lot this year and neither impressed me at all. Giving up the 1st round pick to Victoria for Sundher really bites. Ouch!! Very surprised that Kelly would lose out on 1 trade never mind 2. Thoughts anyone??

Western Elite
03-14-2012, 11:46 AM
You guys gave a lot for Dziurzynski as well for how he is doing....It always evens out in the end, it seems!:D

booboo
03-14-2012, 11:51 AM
I still think we are ahead a bit on the DD trade but lost out badly on the others.

Ott
03-14-2012, 12:26 PM
From the penthouse to the sh**house on the WK trades this year. Last year the Schenn trade was spectacular for the WK whereas this years trades for Anderson and Sundher have been very poor unless by some divine intervention Sundher gets healthy and leads us to at least 2 rounds in the playoffs. I have watched both players a lot this year and neither impressed me at all. Giving up the 1st round pick to Victoria for Sundher really bites. Ouch!! Very surprised that Kelly would lose out on 1 trade never mind 2. Thoughts anyone??

Clouston said in a radio interview that Sundher had some health issue when he came and that they had to give him a week off. I always wonder about trades for hurt players, I know some get healthy and are great but some keep getting hurt. Like the LeClaire trade in Ott, he was hurt when then got him and he just kept getting hurt. Which IMO helped with CC losing his job.

Joe Hallenback
03-14-2012, 02:03 PM
I think Sundhar was playing with a concussion for awhile and hiding it.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
03-14-2012, 02:08 PM
doesnt matter how bad they were in the regular season. if they are big contributers and/or make the team a 2nd round + team, the trades are worth it.

patsdude114
03-14-2012, 02:21 PM
The biggest problem with the Sundher trade was KM didnt go out & get what the team needed & that was defense... again he thought just outscore everyone to win games, that worked back in the 80s but it doesnt work in todays game especially in the Eastern Conference.

Being on the outside looking in, its great that some trades finally hasnt worked out for KM hes alawys bullying himself around in this league & it finally looks good on him.

But also what SAJ had said it doesnt matter how the trades work out in the regular season its all about the playoffs. Thats where trades are really won & lost.... $$$$$$ talks in this league

Also i agree as well that BRN over paid big time for DD, i said that as soon as the trade happened, its not like he is an elite 20yr old to be worth two 2nd rd picks plus a 3rd rd pick, one 2nd rd pick was plenty, heck even the 3rd was plenty.

Crush Kill Destroy
03-14-2012, 04:33 PM
The biggest problem with the Sundher trade was KM didnt go out & get what the team needed & that was defense... again he thought just outscore everyone to win games, that worked back in the 80s but it doesnt work in todays game especially in the Eastern Conference.

Being on the outside looking in, its great that some trades finally hasnt worked out for KM hes alawys bullying himself around in this league & it finally looks good on him.

But also what SAJ had said it doesnt matter how the trades work out in the regular season its all about the playoffs. Thats where trades are really won & lost.... $$$$$$ talks in this league

Also i agree as well that BRN over paid big time for DD, i said that as soon as the trade happened, its not like he is an elite 20yr old to be worth two 2nd rd picks plus a 3rd rd pick, one 2nd rd pick was plenty, heck even the 3rd was plenty.

I would think that there may now be a much greater chance that Sundher could be back in a Brandon uniform next season, as a result of his long layoff during the latter part of this season. Brandon would certainly require his offensive abilities next year, where veteran offense appears to be limited within the potential returning roster.

sbtatter
03-15-2012, 07:39 AM
Rumours that he came over with a concussion, which is a bit of a bad deal if true.
I think he could come back to the dub next year, if he did, I'm pretty sure the WK's would trade him if possible, get him back to the life style he's more accustomed to on the West coast.....

Joe Hallenback
03-15-2012, 07:56 AM
He is not coming back next year. He is already signed to a contract, he will be in the AHL next season. I can't think of many guys that are signed and come back as an overager

the Royal Flush
04-01-2012, 03:03 PM
Rumours that he came over with a concussion, which is a bit of a bad deal if true.
I think he could come back to the dub next year, if he did, I'm pretty sure the WK's would trade him if possible, get him back to the life style he's more accustomed to on the West coast.....

all sales are final...the Royals(we) are quite happy with our 1st round pick...:clap:

sbtatter
04-01-2012, 04:00 PM
all sales are final...the Royals(we) are quite happy with our 1st round pick...:clap:

He's been good in the 1st round, so feeling better about the trade now. Don't waste that 1st rounder!

patsdude114
04-04-2012, 01:37 AM
He is not coming back next year. He is already signed to a contract, he will be in the AHL next season. I can't think of many guys that are signed and come back as an overager

Sundher could very well be back next year if the NHL locks out again (which is to be fully expected) guys like Sundher, Weal, Gallagher, Holland, Stone, Ferland (damn thats alot of BRN guys lol) could all be back to play as 20yr olds as the AHL will be very full with the rest of the prospects.

The Wheatiemaniac
04-08-2012, 12:06 AM
Sundher could very well be back next year if the NHL locks out again (which is to be fully expected) guys like Sundher, Weal, Gallagher, Holland, Stone, Ferland (damn thats alot of BRN guys lol) could all be back to play as 20yr olds as the AHL will be very full with the rest of the prospects.

Watching the NFL and NBA recently avoid long lockouts, I can't see the NHL not finding their way to a deal with the players. But I agree with the fact their could be some prominent names landing back in junoir next year. If Stone and Ferland land back in Brandon next year, I'm not going to complain. I'm sure if Weal found his way back to Regina, you'd be okay with it. But assuming the NHL is in play next year, these guys are all pretty much locks to crack the AHL next season.

Sundher still has time to live up to some of the hype, but I'm proud of my team no matter who does what from here on in. We're in the second round of the playoffs and as long as we don't get blown out every game I'm okay with what we've done.

The Wheatiemaniac
04-08-2012, 12:13 AM
I think Sundhar was playing with a concussion for awhile and hiding it.

Actually, the health problem with Kevin Sundher is Asthma. He only was diagnosed this season. There was an article on the Wheat Kings site shortly after the trade about it. The drastic climate change probably had something to do with flare ups. I'm no medical expert but I do know that his Asthma has been giving him problems this year according to the info in that article I read.

patsdude114
04-08-2012, 01:07 AM
Actually, the health problem with Kevin Sundher is Asthma. He only was diagnosed this season. There was an article on the Wheat Kings site shortly after the trade about it. The drastic climate change probably had something to do with flare ups. I'm no medical expert but I do know that his Asthma has been giving him problems this year according to the info in that article I read.

The would be quite the change to the body if this is infact true, going from a place that has very moist air out to the prairies where its very dry air would effect his breathing alot... good thing he already has a contract cuz im sure the Sabres wouldnt be so prone to giving him 1 now with these health conditions. Could be a big blow to his pro career

the Royal Flush
04-09-2012, 09:31 AM
The would be quite the change to the body if this is infact true, going from a place that has very moist air out to the prairies where its very dry air would effect his breathing alot... good thing he already has a contract cuz im sure the Sabres wouldnt be so prone to giving him 1 now with these health conditions. Could be a big blow to his pro career

having lived on Vancouver Island for over 45 years I can say that most people that live in the moist damp climate actually feel better when we get away from it...when i go to the prairies or even central bc,it takes about 72 hours and the aches(arthritis) and pains that haunt us tend to disappear...2 degrees above zero and raining on Vancouver Island feels colder than -15 on the prairies...i know what i am talking about because i have experienced both, alot...