PDA

View Full Version : Pats vs Raiders Game #70

patsdude114
03-14-2012, 02:29 PM
WEINER WEDNESDAY 2FOR1 HOTDOGS! last 1 of the year (unless they are doing it in the playoffs as well, which i doubt)

Tonites game is really making me hope we get out of this game unscratched, The Dirty Raiders have zero to play for & have been running around head hunting for the past month. I hope we get an early lead on them where guys like Weal & Scheidl dont have to play as much.

The Raiders are a classless bunch, if they put the energy into playing the game & focusing on detail like they do with trying to run players thru the boards maybe they would be in a playoff spot themselves.

The Wolf 104.9 is doing an interesting playoff push for the Pats Seanna Jefferson is camping out in the Brandt Center until the Pats sell out the 1st 2 games in the playoffs. She may be there for awhile unfortunately lol unless come Sunday we know we are playing MJ then it will sell out fast im sure.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
03-14-2012, 02:53 PM
man the raiders arent anymore dirty than the blades are, and they dive half as much.

i dont see this as an easy game. we are dealing with a pissed off team with nothing to lose that we got lucky against a couple times. Cant expect to walk in and win this, or we might as well start the bus at head to edmonton in advance.

lordstanley
03-14-2012, 03:02 PM
man the raiders arent anymore dirty than the blades are, and they dive half as much.

i dont see this as an easy game. we are dealing with a pissed off team with nothing to lose that we got lucky against a couple times. Cant expect to walk in and win this, or we might as well start the bus at head to edmonton in advance.

Why bring the Blades into this the Raiders have been playing this way against everyone lets see if your opinion changes after bourhis or ruopp end weals season

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
03-14-2012, 03:35 PM
because its true.

as for weal, it would depend how it happens. We all know bourhis is a bit dirty, but guys like ruopp and to a lesser degree yaworski are just good physical dman that any team could benefit from having.

and dont worry..if enough people keep squealing about teams playing physical, then its more incentive for the branches of the world to accelerate the plan to soften up the sport.

lordstanley
03-14-2012, 03:57 PM
because its true.

as for weal, it would depend how it happens. We all know bourhis is a bit dirty, but guys like ruopp and to a lesser degree yaworski are just good physical dman that any team could benefit from having.

and dont worry..if enough people keep squealing about teams playing physical, then its more incentive for the branches of the world to accelerate the plan to soften up the sport.

I agree with all of this but as for the diving thing it's not just a couple teams that do it all teams are getting overboard with it

mjw22
03-14-2012, 06:33 PM
because its true.

we're not talking about physical play it's cheap shots .

patsdude114
03-14-2012, 06:39 PM
There is nothing wrong with physical play its how the Raiders do it that makes then cheap shot artists. Ruopp & Yarowski are physical Dmen that's not the problem with them its the cheap crap they do after the whistle & then hiding behind the linesmen after or running to the bench.

I love a good physical game just like the next guy but to do it clean.

patsdude114
03-14-2012, 06:51 PM
Nice to see the Warriors helping us out so far tonite, the only time ur going to hear me saying this..........GO WARRIORS GO! Beat those WKs tonite

lordstanley
03-14-2012, 09:35 PM
Was listening to your broadcast tonight heard that Corbin took a run at weal late in the first then weal scores on the pp right after that and Corbin in the third started punching a pat for no reason seems like it was a new raider on a differant day

the voice
03-14-2012, 09:41 PM
What a clown the color man is for Regina. Biggest homer ever allowed on a broadcast. Sounded like the local bar troll. I imagine the league will get a few emails about gassing this loser.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
03-14-2012, 09:58 PM
we're not talking about physical play it's cheap shots .

see, the problem is that alot of people around here seem to think these two terms mean the same thing.

little punches and cross checks and slashes behind the play(or in) happen all the time. they are not suspension worthy, and often not even worth a penalty even if the players decide to ignore the play to put their hands up and whine about being grazed.

People also act that if a big hit isnt perfectly clean in every single possible way, that it is automatically suspension worthy. There is a grey area between an elbow to the head, and a shoulder to shoulder, and that area is getting smaller and smaller every year.

JMoney1988
03-14-2012, 10:30 PM
Hey, nice to see you win with brandon and kootenay losing, you are in a good spot, was it a fun game

patsdude114
03-14-2012, 10:43 PM
see, the problem is that alot of people around here seem to think these two terms mean the same thing.

little punches and cross checks and slashes behind the play(or in) happen all the time. they are not suspension worthy, and often not even worth a penalty even if the players decide to ignore the play to put their hands up and whine about being grazed.

People also act that if a big hit isnt perfectly clean in every single possible way, that it is automatically suspension worthy. There is a grey area between an elbow to the head, and a shoulder to shoulder, and that area is getting smaller and smaller every year.

I dont htink anyone mentioned anything about suspension worthy, its all the little things they do behind the play... tonite the Raiders were actually pretty tame compared to the last meeting when they were here.... took a few late shots at Weal but every team has been doing that lately... only thing is Weal doesnt let those late shots get to him he just puts a point up on the board where it hurts the most.

Tonite was actually a really good hitting game, each team had some big hits that were clean hits. The 1s that were called which happened to be only on tha Raiders were late hits or high hits.

That Winther is a chippy player competes hard a few boarder line hits he goes after on a consistant basis but 1 day he will learn with those. Holwenko made some great saves tonite if it wasnt for him this game is another licken given to the Raiders, the Pats hit 4 posts & he came up with 2 huge saves 1 on Marantz while the Pats were SH & 1 on Weal late in the 2nd.

Also about the comment on our color guy.... god he is flat out BRUTAL i was the guy on roddy's blog that called him out a few games ago about all his AWESOME's that he uses on a regular basis... this guy has a very small word vocabulary i think he was hit in the head too many times during his hockey career. I really wish the Pats would stop bringing him on, i enjoy it alot more when his father Al Dumba (former Pats Head Coach) is the color guy he at least makes sense & knows hockey.