PDA

View Full Version : Pats vs WKs Game #71

patsdude114
03-16-2012, 03:23 PM
Well here we are the final regular season home game of the year, thankfully for us Pats fans we will finally see the playoffs after 3yrs.

In a perfect world this is how tonites games will go.... the Pats win & the Ice & Blades both lose in regulation which would clinch the Pats 5th in the Conference & a date with the Hitmen or Tigers (as the Tigers face the Oil Kings who im sure will be resting some of there key players)
So lets see how the perfect world plays out tonite!

Would love to see Weal have a 4pt nite to give him 120pts on the year & would give the Pats a great chance to win the hockey game if he gets 4pts. Hes been rewriting the Pats record books since the drop of the puck this year, like roddy said on his blog if the NHL has another lockout Weal has a great chance at returning as a 20yr old & would undoubtfully be the Pats all-time leader in points & assists.

There is a great debate on which Jordan was/is a better junior... is it Weal or is it Eberle? Yes Eberle scored some huge goals in the WJs but on the scene of just the WHL, Weal is a much better junior as Eberle played with alot more talented teams at age 18 & 19 then Weal has at the same ages & has put up huge points..... even just take the points/game.

Went to another Pats practice yesterday, being a hardcore hockey fan seeing the game from a different perspective from practice & then seeing them do that stuff in games is very unique. I watched about 5 to 10 practices of Hunts & u never really seen much from what they did in practice to what they did in games. The coaches make all the difference in junior hockey in how these kids develop into hockey players & young men.

Does Conacher get the regonition for Coach of the Year? i think he does but i also feel that the Hitmen's Coach may deserve it alittle more for the Eastern nod. The Hitmen were expected to be as good as they are this year either & they secured Home Ice Advantage, something the Pats werent able to do.

Im really like Fenske up on forward, he has bene bringing a different element to the Pats group of forwards something that we really didnt have before & thats a guy who can be a physical force on the forecheck. Seeing a couple practices this week & how the coaches & even the vetern forwards (Weal, Stephenson, Scheidl, Stevenson) pulling him off to the side & giving him feedback on positioning & stick positioning when forechecking is great to see. They are all happy to see him having success up front. Its alot different playing forward as it is to playing defense & vice versa, obviously its easier to go to foward from defense then defense from forward, but Fenske is doing a great job... kudos for him.

There's still room for alot of shuffle from 5th to 8th so this game can not be taken lightly at all. A Pats win tonite gives them no less then 7th, & either the Ice or Blades losing tonite would give the Pats no less then 6th (if we win) win tonite & some guys could be given saturday nite off in Brandon.

dsquared
03-16-2012, 10:07 PM
I saw a team that knew how to play playoff hockey tonight- Brandon. They out worked, out hustled, out hit and out muscled the Pats.

It was clear to me that the Pats didn't want this game from the outset. 7 shots on goal and 6 in the second ain't going to win many games. On Wednesday they got goals by going to the front of the net - tonight they were afraid to go into the slot - they were intimidated by the physicality of Brandon. They will not win tomorrow and I would guess they will be done by the 5th game in the first round.

O by the way the 3-1-1 isn't working on the power play - most of our shots come from the outside edge - low percentage area for getting goals.

Joe Hallenback
03-16-2012, 10:10 PM
Huge game tomorrow. Wheaties win and Kootenay loses and all will be well

mjw22
03-16-2012, 10:12 PM
I saw a team that knew how to play playoff hockey tonight- Brandon. They out worked, out hustled, out hit and out muscled the Pats.

It was clear to me that the Pats didn't want this game from the outset. 7 shots on goal and 6 in the second ain't going to win many games. On Wednesday they got goals by going to the front of the net - tonight they were afraid to go into the slot - they were intimidated by the physicality of Brandon. They will not win tomorrow and I would guess they will be done by the 5th game in the first round.

O by the way the 3-1-1 isn't working on the power play - most of our shots come from the outside edge - low percentage area for getting goals.

We are waiting:scrapitup::soscared::scrapitup::):):) you still have Sat night

patsdude114
03-16-2012, 10:25 PM

Ive been saying this all season long our PP has sucked ass & thats putting it lightly..... i like everything about this team except our PP.

Very surprised to see KTN losing to the Hitmen after they had a 4-1 lead in the 1st & then giving up 2 late goal to send it to OT... so that Pats are offically in 6th which im very happy with but with 1 more nite to go i hope we can stay in 6th but if we lose tomorrow nite i hope KTN gets at least 1pt to pass us & we take 8th instead of 7th

lordstanley
03-16-2012, 10:36 PM
Huge game tomorrow. Wheaties win and Kootenay loses and all will be well

This is what i'm wanting as well :D

mjw22
03-16-2012, 10:48 PM
This is what i'm wanting as well :D

Ya a Pat & Ice win combined with a Blade loss and its MJ not likely to happen. I think it will be
Blades 85
Pats 84
Ice 82
Wk 81
unless Weal and pats are outta gas then they get 82 and we rekindle the Trans Canada Clash :)

warriorsforlife
03-17-2012, 11:37 AM
heartbreaking loss for the Ice and this is definetly not the team we all seen roll through the playoffs last year. This team does have a lot of playoff experience and Leuwen is capable of winning a series himself. Lately they have had a lot of games where the looked like they were going to win and ended up losing. Well it will be all settled after tonight for the playoffs.

patsdude114
03-17-2012, 08:56 PM
Great job by the Pats to actually show up for the game tonite in Brandon.... oh wait they never got off the freaken bus, sign us up for the Warriors it will be a quick series no more then 5 games.

lordstanley
03-17-2012, 09:01 PM
Great job by the Pats to actually show up for the game tonite in Brandon.... oh wait they never got off the freaken bus, sign us up for the Warriors it will be a quick series no more then 5 games.

You never know if you can squeek 1 out in the first 2 games in MJ you could have a chance i am personally rooting for you guys just in case we make the second round lol

RWAH
03-17-2012, 09:50 PM
I know we don't have the horses that Brandon has so was it just inexperience players playing a better team. Or did we get out coached by Brandon. We played all the games matching the Weal line against the Stone line and that sure didn't work. that did not stop Stone, Walker and Ferland but our top line was held off the score board.

We got a week to regroup and bring our "A"game to the Moose Jaw series. Agree with Lord Stanley we need to get a split in the first two games

Go Pats Go