PDA

View Full Version : Warriors Playoffs Round 1

mjw22
03-17-2012, 11:38 PM
Well we got the match up the fans wanted. Should be pretty intense series.The key for us is putting Howden on Weal and then getting scoring from Miller and Henry's lines. We need to get pucks deep and pound them on the forecheck . Hit them hard hit them every chance we get and physically wear them down. We really need to take it to their younger guys and d men every shift in our barn the first two games. We also need to stay away from stupid penalties and we should be fine. Very surprised by the Pats effort last two games I was thinking a split. Maybe it's a case of just happy to be here I don't know don't care . LET THE GAMES BEGIN yeehoo ITS GONNA GET :crazy::crazy::D

patsdude114
03-18-2012, 11:01 AM
I was very disappointed in the Pats effort the last 2 games, we only played maybe 30 mins of hockey on Friday nite & lost 2-1 we had some good chance definately out chanced the WKs on Friday nite got 3 posts & Boes made some great saves (he is playing well could win the WKs a series easily).

Both barns will be sold out fast if i remember correctly on Sports Cage before the Pats game roddy said the Pats had already sold 5200 for the playoff games & with our 1st rd match up being the Warriors those remaining 1000+ tickets should be sold by Monday at noon.

This series is either going to be a great series & go 6 or 7 or the Warriors are going to hand us our asses & end it in no longer then 5 games.

PPatsFFan
03-18-2012, 01:04 PM
What are the chances of getting playoff Tix in the Jaw for Friday and Saturday.

mjw22
03-18-2012, 01:56 PM
What are the chances of getting playoff Tix in the Jaw for Friday and Saturday.

go online Monday morning on warrior ticket site. They said calling by ph would be useless

mjw22
03-18-2012, 02:07 PM
I was very disappointed in the Pats effort the last 2 games, we only played maybe 30 mins of hockey on Friday nite & lost 2-1 we had some good chance definately out chanced the WKs on Friday nite got 3 posts & Boes made some great saves (he is playing well could win the WKs a series easily).

Both barns will be sold out fast if i remember correctly on Sports Cage before the Pats game roddy said the Pats had already sold 5200 for the playoff games & with our 1st rd match up being the Warriors those remaining 1000+ tickets should be sold by Monday at noon.

This series is either going to be a great series & go 6 or 7 or the Warriors are going to hand us our asses & end it in no longer then 5 games.

We win the first two it could be over in 5 . Combine some factors in Pats youth & huge lack of play off experience, play off pressure playing in front of huge crowds could be a lot for a young team to overcome. We have close to 100 play off games played by our guys . Henry Braes have gone deep Howden has WJ experience and a couple of our young guys have been in u-18 u 17 tournaments so they should handle the pressure a bit better we hope. I don't think we'll have the "deer in the headlights " look the Pats may have. :) Anything can happen but I don't think so . Goaltending will be the key.

Herewegoagin
03-19-2012, 09:52 AM
Goaltending is going to be the biggest factor in this series. Siemens started off the season strong but has cooled off as of late. For the Warriors to win the series we are going to need Siemens to steal a couple of games for us. He also needs to stop letting in the 'soft goals' he has been lately against the Pats. In the games where Regina beat us we controlled a good chunk of the play and shot clock but everytime it looked like we could score one. Regina would turn the play and come down and score a soft goal. Mj needs to find a way to solve Hewitt. Lately he's been playing lights out against MJ and it sure would be nice to chase him out of the net a game or two. If Siemens can get hot and MJ finds a way to rattle Hewitt the series will be over quick. With that being said Regina is a scarey team with Weal. He's got game breaking skills and as we've seen from 2 of Regina's OT wins, if guys miss coverage the puck will end up in the back of the net very quick. Mj needs to focus on limiting Weal's chances. Keeping him off of the scoresheet would be nice but realisitically it won't happen. With that being said the series is going to be a good one. This series is MJ's to loose and Regina's to steal.

Fight Guy
03-19-2012, 09:57 AM
All i can say is...tickets are going FAST in MJ! Got mine right at 9:00, and a majority of what was open then, are now sold.

I'd chip in my two cents on the series, but it's pretty well gonna sound the same as what everyone else has been saying. I just can't wait for the weekend!!

mjw22
03-19-2012, 12:39 PM
Goaltending is going to be the biggest factor in this series. Siemens started off the season strong but has cooled off as of late. For the Warriors to win the series we are going to need Siemens to steal a couple of games for us. He also needs to stop letting in the 'soft goals' he has been lately against the Pats. In the games where Regina beat us we controlled a good chunk of the play and shot clock but everytime it looked like we could score one. Regina would turn the play and come down and score a soft goal. Mj needs to find a way to solve Hewitt. Lately he's been playing lights out against MJ and it sure would be nice to chase him out of the net a game or two. If Siemens can get hot and MJ finds a way to rattle Hewitt the series will be over quick. With that being said Regina is a scarey team with Weal. He's got game breaking skills and as we've seen from 2 of Regina's OT wins, if guys miss coverage the puck will end up in the back of the net very quick. Mj needs to focus on limiting Weal's chances. Keeping him off of the scoresheet would be nice but realisitically it won't happen. With that being said the series is going to be a good one. This series is MJ's to loose and Regina's to steal.

I don't think he needs to "steal " any games just play solid and have the d move the puck. Our forwards should be the difference we have way deeper scoring up front. At this time of year the mental part of the game is huge. We have been gearing up for this for months while the Pats have been focused on staying in the top 8 . So two different mind sets ours going deep into play offs theirs getting in the play offs. Sometimes with young teams that haven't been there for awhile mentally they're already happy with what they've done and we are only starting. So the first 2 games are important to drive that message home.

lordstanley
03-19-2012, 03:40 PM
Shaw TV should be showing this series it's gonna be a doozy but i heard a rumor it's gonna be Victoria vs Kamloops for whatever reason probably cause Vic is a expansion team

Herewegoagin
03-19-2012, 03:58 PM
mjw22, I agree he shouldn't have to steal us any games, but he can't be loosing them for us either. Lately the soft goals have been really deflating against the Pats.

At the start of the season when we were successful against the Pats Siemens was playing the puck a lot more. It took a lot of pressure off of the d and killed Regina's game plan. They really like to dump and chase against our d. For us to win the series Siemens needs to limit the soft goals and play solid as you said. Playing the puck would be an added bonus.

mjw22
03-20-2012, 12:48 AM
mjw22, I agree he shouldn't have to steal us any games, but he can't be loosing them for us either. Lately the soft goals have been really deflating against the Pats.

At the start of the season when we were successful against the Pats Siemens was playing the puck a lot more. It took a lot of pressure off of the d and killed Regina's game plan. They really like to dump and chase against our d. For us to win the series Siemens needs to limit the soft goals and play solid as you said. Playing the puck would be an added bonus.

He's gotten burned playing the puck a couple times in the last month . I don't think he's as confident with that as he was. Hopefully he just plays goal and doesn't get caught and cost us a cheap goal shooting the puck up the wall. The key to the dump in is the forwards have to come back so the gap isnt huge and get the puck off the wall and out. We get in trouble when the forwards start cheating out of the zone or are too slow moving the puck along the wall when the d man passes it around. The guy on the half wall has to be ready and move it either chipping it out or passing to the center. When that guy is slow or has a brain cramp thats when they pressure us by keeping it in and we get running around. In our end it has to be K.I.S.S. nothing fancy just move it smart and quick. :)

sbtatter
03-20-2012, 07:42 AM
This series shouldn't be close, MJ should steam roll Regina in 4 games. Nothing against regina but they don't have playoff experience, and aren't set up for the big push as MJ are this year. Next year could be a different story, but this year, it's MJ's to lose.

Hatguy
03-20-2012, 07:02 PM
I hope I can still get some tickets for the games in Regina as well. :bounce:

RWAH
03-20-2012, 09:45 PM
For the Pat fan looking for tixs in the jaw The club has two busses to the first two games $40.00 bus and game ticket

Like the comment "the series is MJ to loose or Regina to steal

Warriors are built to make a run this year, And with Riley coming back should make it to the final dance. I'm still predicting Warriors / Portland league final

My heart says GO PATS GO but maybe thats the 2013/14 season

mjw22
03-20-2012, 10:08 PM
Reports in MJ paper say Morgan has been taking part in full practices. So maybe the second round.

Fight Guy
03-20-2012, 11:34 PM
MAN I hope the Pats can upset the Warriors! From here to the white board, lots of talk about what's going to happen for MJ in the second round...and the playoffs haven't even started yet!

patsdude114
03-21-2012, 02:16 AM
As much as i want the Pats to win like any true fan would want from there team, there is just no way the Pats can compete with the Warriors in a best of 7 series.... if it was a Best of 3 maybe they'd actually stand a chance.

The longer this series goes on the worse it gets for the Pats, MJ is going to pound us at every chance they get. There a big very physical team & the Pats just dont have players that can take a beating like that on a nightly basis.

I hope the Pats can prove me wrong i really do, but im more looking at this short playoff series as a development for the key young guys to carry this team into the future... guys like Klimchuk, Stephenson, Volek, Rodewald, Burroughs, Hunt & Beukeboom (even if he doesnt see any action)

We look alot like the 2009/10 MJ Warriors the year they traded Hamonic to BRN, they had guys waiting in the wings such as Howden, McFaull, Ehrhardt, McIlrath, Cox, MacMaster, Gayle... altho the last 3 have since been moved it was very key to the Warriors to have still made the playoffs that year to get those core players experience in the playoffs. I think the Pats have alittle more star potential in there young core group then that Warriors team did, so if that can actually work out for once for this organization the Pats could be in a great spot in 2 yrs just like the Warriors are now at the current date.

Hatguy
03-21-2012, 02:48 PM
I for one think it will be a hell of a series and I'm not counting the Patsies out.

sbtatter
03-21-2012, 03:12 PM
I for one think it will be a hell of a series and I'm not counting the Patsies out.

The only way the Pats have a chance is if the Warriors choke, and with guys like Howden/McLrath, that shouldn't happen. The Warriors have built for this year, this is it for them, and the Pats are just glad to be gaining playoff experience for the rebuild. If the Pats win a game it would be shocking.

lordstanley
03-21-2012, 03:12 PM
I'm sure glad regina and jaw fans are getting along a lot better here than rod pedersons joke of a blog, name calling, there's people wanting to fight, cussing just a gong show i tell yeah between the 2 cities on his site, i would say there is few imformed fans about the actual game compared to here, those silly hilbilly's lol

http://www.rodpedersen.com/

scroll down a bit to where it says tuesday cage podcast and read comments wow !!

Fight Guy
03-21-2012, 04:03 PM
Pretty sure Rod is just allowing fuel to be fed to the fire. This is the first year in awhile that the Pats/Warriors rivalry has actually looked like a rivalry. All the games were hard fought and rough! As much as I dislike him, Beach has really helped this out.

Back in the day, that's how it always was...Pats and Warriors fans just spouting off ridiculous arguments and insults back and forth. It seems over the past few years or so, that everyone started becoming sensitive about how fans and players have to be more classy though.

Rod's blog can be a joke sometimes, but that's how it usually is between MJ and Regina. The way I look at it, is to take the entertainment value from it and not take it too seriously. Half the people who post on his blog don't even care about hockey all that much. They will support their team to no end though, but that's because Regina and MJ have always had a feud, and this gives them a reason to argue...which Rod allows because it just heats up the rivalry.

Hatguy
03-21-2012, 05:57 PM
Yep, if anything, this series should had some more wood to the embers of our historic rivalry.

mjw22
03-21-2012, 08:24 PM
The rivalry now is mostly talk on and off the ice . The closest it's come was when Slade lost his marbles. Nothing will ever be like back in the 80's early 90's when we had to have the cops at some reg season games to keep us from kicking Regina ass. Back then security was non existent and it would escalate pretty quickly . Fun times and if the ref sucked well you could give him a shower to let him know.:D If you had some tough guys this might heat up but I don't think so. This will be a learning experience for your young guys like it was for us against Calgary.

Fight Guy
03-21-2012, 08:35 PM
I agree. If the Pats had kept Elynuik around, the rivalry really could have caught fire, I'm sure! But he got traded away after taking too many stupid penalties...at least that's what I assumed.

patsdude114
03-23-2012, 12:28 AM
I was happy as hell the day we traded Elyniuk the guy is a wanna be tough guy, sure ill give him props for willingly wanting to drop the gloves but he is hardly even in Beach's class let alone McIlrath's. Underwood is tougher then Elyniuk & has had some great tilts against Beach, altho he shys away from McIlrath to drop the glove id love to see them fight tho, i think Underwood would have a better chance then Bidlevskii at least Underwood has some reach unlike Bidlevskii.

As for Roddy's blog it is always a gong show, everyone just turns everything into football talk & all think they r Mr. Tough Guy

lordstanley
03-23-2012, 09:41 PM
So a team with heart beats a team with skill tonight who woulda ever thought that heart and detirmination could win in the playoffs :D

RWAH
03-23-2012, 10:22 PM
Heart and staying with the game plan not playing intimidation hockey. Moose Jaw can continue to play that hockey but they will just keep loosing

patsdude114
03-23-2012, 11:24 PM
got this game tonite online & must say good job on Beach & Eberle costing there team yet again with selfish penalties.

The Warriors were handed this game on a silver platter with 6 straight PPs (which included a brief 5on3) & could only find the back of the net once. The Pats must not take so many penalties every once was well deserved altho i did think the trip was a very weak call on Jobke.

Game 2 wouldnt it be nice if the Pats could take another game & really force the Warriors to learn to win on the road.

mjw22
03-24-2012, 12:45 AM
got this game tonite online & must say good job on Beach & Eberle costing there team yet again with selfish penalties.

The Warriors were handed this game on a silver platter with 6 straight PPs (which included a brief 5on3) & could only find the back of the net once. The Pats must not take so many penalties every once was well deserved altho i did think the trip was a very weak call on Jobke.

Game 2 wouldnt it be nice if the Pats could take another game & really force the Warriors to learn to win on the road.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile. Enjoy it while you can. You can tell Pats fans haven't been in a play off game for quite awhile they were cheering like they just won the Memorial cup.:D

Herewegoagin
03-24-2012, 01:37 AM
Could the real Luke Siemens please stand up. Too many soft goals. One would think if the warriors keep plugging away the bounces are bound to go our way.

mjw22
03-24-2012, 01:52 AM
Could the real Luke Siemens please stand up. Too many soft goals. One would think if the warriors keep plugging away the bounces are bound to go our way.

Not Siemens fault 3 guys lose puck battle to 1 Pat and it ends in a shorty breakaway goal . 6 & 8 leave a guy all alone in front on pp goal. Guys who need to get their ass in gear are Braes Miller Beach Kirsch McIlrath McFaull all played like crap tonight. IF they bear down around the net its a MJ win but hell they had 3-4 easy goals where they missed the net or didn't get the shot off. No sustained forecheck either. Not worried we had a crap game but its not like they outplayed us or Hewitt stood on his head . We have a crappy habit of some times making goalies look good with perimeter shots no traffic shooting right at them . He looked shaky and we didn't take advantage of the rebounds and the times we had him out of position. WE have room to step it up do they ? don't think so

Herewegoagin
03-24-2012, 02:01 AM
I agree on the penalty kill missed coverage accounted for the goals. But we also need the timely saves and for him cut down on the rebounds. Both goals on the pp were rebounds. As far as the shorty break away you can point at numerous people for being at fault. In the end his hesitation on whether or not to play the puck is in the end is why the goal was scored. As I've stated before we are going to need timely saves and solid tending in order to win. On the bright side with Siemens playing the puck a little tonight it limited the pays forecheck. As far as Reilly goes it would be nice to have him back but we should be able to win the series without him. Although adding him at some point would be a positive.

mjw22
03-24-2012, 02:13 AM
Even if his Dr clears him with the limited time hes been at practice I doubt he's in play off game shape. I would think 2nd round on pp or late in this series only if we are struggling. Too much risk to put him in more than that.

patsdude114
03-24-2012, 11:23 AM
I agree on the penalty kill missed coverage accounted for the goals. But we also need the timely saves and for him cut down on the rebounds. Both goals on the pp were rebounds. As far as the shorty break away you can point at numerous people for being at fault. In the end his hesitation on whether or not to play the puck is in the end is why the goal was scored. As I've stated before we are going to need timely saves and solid tending in order to win. On the bright side with Siemens playing the puck a little tonight it limited the pays forecheck. As far as Reilly goes it would be nice to have him back but we should be able to win the series without him. Although adding him at some point would be a positive.

Every goal scored is from breakdowns on the ice, for a team to win they just have to have less breakdowns then the other team. I thought Howden was the best Warrior last nite which hasn't been the case in during the regular season against the Pats, most games he was a no show against us.

Hatguy
03-24-2012, 12:15 PM
Well this will be a good series, I can see it going 7.

mjw22
03-24-2012, 10:05 PM
MUCH better the veterans came to play tonight. Howden has raised his play in the first 2 games using that speed. Almost identical shot totals but tonight we had traffic and hit the back of the net. Good Game now we need to carry it into Tues. Again we'll be accused of gooning lol looks bad because all the Pats do is yap. Wonder if the league will look at Marancin"s spear on Howden. He's getting tired of being pasted to the glass lol . Still no need for that man up drop em if you don't like getting hit. :)

Herewegoagin
03-24-2012, 10:50 PM
Well folks we have a series. Could it be that the warriors have finally solved Hewitt.

Herewegoagin
03-25-2012, 10:31 AM
Pretty quiet on both threads this morning. Beach had a hell of a game for MJ. Love him or hate him when the guy show up to play he can change the outcome of a game both good and bad. Last night he was the spark that MJ needed. Now I know there's going to be some complaints that come up he did this or that. But the act of the matter is he's a pest that can play the game. What ticks me off the most about people that criticize him and their biased opinion that he's out there to run around. Does he at times? Yes he can get carried away. But what they don't realize is he gets his fair share back. He's constantly wearing slashes, cross checks, punches and extra shots too. And the fact of the matter with his rep with the refs teams get away with extra stuff against him. Does he need to stop whining to the ref when he wears an extra shot? Yes we all know by now that he won't get the benefit of the call which is something warriors fans have to live with.

On Friday night when a penalty was called and after the game there were a handful of clappers thrown on the ice. After the game Saturday night there was a lot more debris thrown on the ice. Ie clappers, plastic cups and other stuff. To the fans whether warriors or pats that is absolutely classless and a disgrace. There is no need for that.

Folks these two teams are starting to hate each other even more and we are in for a good series.

warriorsforlife
03-25-2012, 11:43 AM
I definetly agree with you on this. A lot people just think he is an instigator which he is but he also does take a lot of it back his way. When he uses his brain he is a ver effective and his long frame enables him to move around the offensive zone pretty easy. The problem I have is whenever he knows hes in the wrong he asks the referees and they wont even tell him what he did wrong. I do not think that is right at all if these refs want to do a better job in the league pull a player like him aside and tell him what he is doing wrong. I know this onus falls a lot on cody for his reputation but I think you can blame the refs to because how is he to know what is right from wrong when they are giving him embelishment penalties. I believe the reason for some of his antics is because he thinks well there already out to get me so why not just go out and not care. The refs really need to start realizing this distances themselves more from cody when really they should TRY to be getting closer on the same page!

RWAH
03-25-2012, 04:24 PM
Are you serious, The coach would be all over the ref if they started to coach players. If the coach doesn't know what the call was he should clarify it with the ref and then with his players. Its not the ref's job to coach players. Get your coach to do that.

lordstanley
03-26-2012, 05:00 PM
Beach has been suspended for 1 game for a comment he made to the Regina bench on Saturdays game anyone know what he said or see it ?

sbtatter
03-26-2012, 05:26 PM
Beach has been suspended for 1 game for a comment he made to the Regina bench on Saturdays game anyone know what he said or see it ?

Well, there's a shocker.
Classy dudes, those "Beach brothers"......

mjw22
03-26-2012, 06:57 PM
Beach must scare the s**t out of the pansies 1st they cry to Robison about an imaginary hit from behind now something he said hurt their itty bitty feelings what a joke. They must wear panties under those suits and uniforms. With nancys like conacher & robison no wonder this will be a no contact league in 5 years. What's he gonna cry about next McIlrath looking at the bench sure is a lot of yellow in those blue uniforms. It starts with a cry baby coach. Look under your skirts and see if ya have a pair and come play some hockey if it's too rough for ya stay in the room and knit a sweater.:burningmad::scrapitup::soscared::points:

warriorsforlife
03-26-2012, 07:10 PM
What about Marincin as well. He gets mad becuase he is getting hit from guys all over the place (eberle) clean hits and the kid knows how to hit for his size. I think he tried picking a fight with fioretti when he hit him then beach comes in and he wants nothing to do with him. We all know what happens next Marincin spears Howden after he is going into the boards for the puck and there is no game for that? I forgot Howden has to be hurt before he would get disciplined because hes not a dirty player!

mjwfan
03-26-2012, 07:16 PM
Beach has them so scared but the warriors have 20 other guys that can knock them on there a@^*s . I can not believe the league is buying this . Yes Beach can get under a persons skin but he has been picked on all year Yet he can get punched in the head and there is no call . WAKE UP Robison .

mjw22
03-26-2012, 07:53 PM
He played on a team of whiners with the biggest whiner of all time #99 so should we expect anything else. Hope we pound the crap out of them win or lose they know we know they are scared sh**less and their coach confirmed it. :scrapitup::soscared::soscared::soscared: :scrapitup:

sbtatter
03-26-2012, 08:03 PM
Beach has them so scared but the warriors have 20 other guys that can knock them on there a@^*s . I can not believe the league is buying this . Yes Beach can get under a persons skin but he has been picked on all year Yet he can get punched in the head and there is no call . WAKE UP Robison .

You guys are in dreamland, no one is scared of Beach. Mclrath is an intimidator for sure, but Beach doesn't scare anyone. Even Wheaton King wasn't scared to fight him last year.

mjw22
03-26-2012, 08:11 PM
You guys are in dreamland, no one is scared of Beach. Mclrath is an intimidator for sure, but Beach doesn't scare anyone. Even Wheaton King wasn't scared to fight him last year.

Go ask Pansy Conacher why none of his guys wanted to go even when asked . If you watched a little hockey maybe you'd see what goes on. Pretty sad when we have WK fans sticking up for the Pats lol:groovy::groovy:

Herewegoagin
03-26-2012, 08:37 PM
Well if this doesn't add fuel to the fire. I don't know what will. I don't agree with the suspension but sitting here whining won't solve the problem. Good teams learn how to deal with adversity and in the instance use it as a motivator. If this doesn't motivate MJ, I don't know what will. Like I've said before its going to be interesting to see what MJ team shows up at the Brandt Center tomorrow. Especially without a player that played a key role in Saturdays win.

mjw22
03-26-2012, 09:04 PM
Well if this doesn't add fuel to the fire. I don't know what will. I don't agree with the suspension but sitting here whining won't solve the problem. Good teams learn how to deal with adversity and in the instance use it as a motivator. If this doesn't motivate MJ, I don't know what will. Like I've said before its going to be interesting to see what MJ team shows up at the Brandt Center tomorrow. Especially without a player that played a key role in Saturdays win.

no ones whining but regina we have lots of depth someone else will step up. they are scared everyone knows it we stepped up our game and they couldn't. Pansy Conacher is trying to deflect the spotlight away from the fact they only had 28 shots in 2 games. :eek:

sbtatter
03-26-2012, 09:34 PM
Go ask Pansy Conacher why none of his guys wanted to go even when asked . If you watched a little hockey maybe you'd see what goes on. Pretty sad when we have WK fans sticking up for the Pats lol:groovy::groovy:

Watch a little hockey? You are clueless, like beach. Why are you mocking the pats when beach wont go with Ferland anymore?

mjw22
03-26-2012, 09:41 PM
Watch a little hockey? You are clueless, like beach. Why are you mocking the pats when beach wont go with Ferland anymore?

why are you on here are we playing the WK lol right 6-2 against that powerhouse. and none of your guys will fight McIlrath lol your team isnt excactly tough bud and dont bring up dd the dud.:groovy: I mock the Pats because none of them will go with any warrior let alone Beach or McIlrath.

longtimejrfan
03-26-2012, 10:05 PM
why are you on here are we playing the WK lol right 6-2 against that powerhouse. and none of your guys will fight McIlrath lol your team isnt excactly tough bud and dont bring up dd the dud.:groovy: I mock the Pats because none of them will go with any warrior let alone Beach or McIlrath.

Why would the Pats want to play that style of game against the Warriors. It would be stupid on their part to play a game they can't win.

Herewegoagin
03-26-2012, 10:11 PM
Twas the night before game three. The series tied at one game a piece. 66 kms down the TransCanada hwy Mangement in Regina is snickering. With the curfew calls having been made and all players accounted for. Parker, Lang and Conacher are enjoying that their players will sleep easy knowing that they don't have to deal with Beach in the game tomorrow. To the west the Warriors are crafting up a new game plan. Or are they? The coaching staff is hoping the boys will regroup for puck drop and feel like they have poked a sleeping bear. This is a team game and Beach is an important piece of the puzzle but so is Reilly. Stothers, Millar and Weisgerber are holding an emergency team meeting. The coaches are telling the boys this a team game and good teams will use this a motivator in the game tomorrow.

Can the Warriors bring their home game to the Brandt Center tomorrow or do they resort to their regular season road play? Which in fact was god awful.

Tomorrow night we find out who gets the last laugh.

Stay classy San Diego.

sbtatter
03-27-2012, 07:14 AM

Don't fool yourself, the WK's have more than enough horses to fight against the warriors. It's comical to watch you on here stick out your chest because you think teams are afraid of the warriors, newsflash, most aren't. And you want to talk about yellow, ask Beach why he runs from #27, at least bidvelsky fights #27. Didn't bidvelsky just fight a a mclrath or beach at the end of the season?
Give the "tough guy" imitation a break, then you might gain a little credibility around here

Hatguy
03-27-2012, 08:42 AM
5-3 Warriors tonight.

sbtatter
03-27-2012, 08:59 AM
Warriors 6v2 pats tonight

lordstanley
03-27-2012, 10:22 AM
All i know is if Beach fought Ferland there would be 2 thumps 1 Ferlands knuckles to Beaches face and 2 Beaches head hitting the ice

sbtatter
03-27-2012, 10:51 AM
You can't knuckle drag your way to the Mem Cup anymore. MJ have the horses to play physical, smart hockey and go far, but if they resort to fighting and stupid trash talk they will win a couple rounds but won't make it to the Mem Cup.
The team has it all, they just have to decide if they want to go far, or, as some fans on here seem to think, try and bully there way forward. Too many dumb penalties against a good PP will kill them.

Herewegoagin
03-27-2012, 10:55 AM
Beach + On-ice antics = Dumb Penalties. No Beach tonight problem eliminated.

Hatguy
03-27-2012, 11:04 AM
Beach played a solid all around game on Saturday too though. So far I think Howden has been the best player on the ice, hitting everything that moves and skating hard. Nice to see.

sbtatter
03-27-2012, 11:44 AM
Beach played a solid all around game on Saturday too though. So far I think Howden has been the best player on the ice, hitting everything that moves and skating hard. Nice to see.

It appeared as though Howden was operating at 90% after the WJC, maybe he was saving it up for the playoffs, good sign for MJ!

mjw22
03-27-2012, 01:16 PM
Don't fool yourself, the WK's have more than enough horses to fight against the warriors. It's comical to watch you on here stick out your chest because you think teams are afraid of the warriors, newsflash, most aren't. And you want to talk about yellow, ask Beach why he runs from #27, at least bidvelsky fights #27. Didn't bidvelsky just fight a a mclrath or beach at the end of the season?
Give the "tough guy" imitation a break, then you might gain a little credibility around here

credibility what a laugh a WK fan beaking on Warriors site in defense of the Pats. :)

sbtatter
03-27-2012, 02:24 PM
credibility what a laugh a WK fan beaking on Warriors site in defense of the Pats. :)

Just speaking the truth, not beaking. Remember, I have you guys picked to sweep this series, don't let me down by going more than 5.

mjw22
03-28-2012, 12:32 AM
Nice road win boys jumped on them early and often. Should be even better Wed when Beach is back. :groovy::groovy::groovy:

Herewegoagin
03-28-2012, 01:00 PM
Big road win for the Warriors last night. They dominated the 1st period, 2nd was a wash or slight advantage Regina, Regina owned the 3rd. Its nice to see them get the W but I don't like how they shifted to a 1-2-2 forecheck. In doing so Regina was able to pick up some momentum later on the game.

They need to come out flying again tonight playing the body and leave the foot on the gas pedal. Having Beach sit out a game with a suspension could end up being a blessing in disguise. Look for him to provide the Warriors with a spark tonight. I personally think this is one pissed off Warriors team.

sbtatter
03-28-2012, 06:24 PM
What's your record against the tigers?

sbtatter
03-29-2012, 08:00 AM
What's the story on Point, Where did he play AAA this past season? What position was he drafted? How does he compare to Virtanen?

warriorsforlife
03-29-2012, 08:37 AM
I think he played somewhere in Alberta Im not sure where I think for calgary hes small but a good player and he is not afraid to get into the corners. I have been reading Rod pedersons blog on Reginas website. All they are doing is crying about the reffing and how it changed the game. I do not believe the stevenson clip should have been 5 and a game No. You need to remember though if the opposing player is in a vulnerable situation and they do not let up sometimes the refs think it is intent to injure. If it was not for Matt Hewitt this game may have been over early he was very good for you guys! By the way one of the commentators for the Pats sucks. I wonder if he actually has ever watched a hockey game because he is BRUTAL! For all those Pats fans do not blame the reffing because your team would not use that as a valid excuse.

mjwfan
03-29-2012, 01:34 PM
This kid has to be moved up to the first line PP and needs to see reg. shifts even if he is a 15 yr old he is playing like a vet. Have to agree that the commentator for the Pats is out to lunch of course you are going to be a homer but this guy is a bad joke BRUTAL .
We should finish the Pats off Friday night - What I'm most impressed about is WE Can WIN on the road which we have found hard to do. Howden , Beach Arnold , Henry , Miller , Eberle have to keep playing at the level they are playing to keep this going . Siemens is just a average goalie and will not steal many games for us so the D has to limit the shots on goal which they have done for the most part. Yes we are big on the back end but at times they get running around and can be scary and have trouble clearing the puck. Only player to have a plus last game was Gwinner the rest were even or minus.
We are at our best when we HIT and game two proved that .

Hatguy
03-29-2012, 02:36 PM
No offense to the Pats, a hard fought series so far, but I don't see them winning game five back in Moose Jaw.

Point will be a hell of a player, he certainly has a nose for the net. Really impressed by him.

patsdude114
03-29-2012, 05:23 PM
I have been reading Rod pedersons blog on Reginas website. All they are doing is crying about the reffing and how it changed the game. I do not believe the stevenson clip should have been 5 and a game No. You need to remember though if the opposing player is in a vulnerable situation and they do not let up sometimes the refs think it is intent to injure.

I for 1 have no reason why the Pats fans were crying so much about the refs, maybe if the Pats actually wanted to play with the puck & put pucks on net instead of the endless cycle down low with 2 guys low & 3 guys high (at the damn blueline) maybe the Pats could sustain abit of pressure to get the Warriors to take a penalty here & there. When u are constantly out numbered down low (2 MJ Dmen & 1 MJ fwd against 2 Pats forwards) how do u really think ur going to gain any pressure? Ive complained about this amongst some friends for awhile now... 2 offensive guys can not gain enough pressure in the offensive zone... & dont even start with me on our disgraceful PP, even if the refs did call more things on MJ it wouldnt of mattered anyways who runs a damn PP with 3 guys high & at sometimes 4 guys high like seriously *** is that?????

I get the coaches are playing a style that are giving us the best chance to win with the offensively challenged team that we are but my god give them abit more of a green light to play offense as a team.

If it was not for Matt Hewitt this game may have been over early he was very good for you guys! By the way one of the commentators for the Pats sucks. I wonder if he actually has ever watched a hockey game because he is BRUTAL!

the guy u r talking about is none other Jared Dumba, the guy is a complete moron & you would think the guy would know abit about hockey since he did play at the pro level (if u want to count the ECHL as pro hockey) i have been complaining about him ever since xmas i even emailed the Pats about him back in Feb & the response i got back lets me believe that there will be a regular guy next season as Dumba was Plasters color guy & if Phil Andrews stays on as the play by play guy next season (which i think he should, he is very good) that there will be a different color guy next season.

warriorsforlife
03-29-2012, 05:37 PM
I know the guy is obvoiusly cheering for the Pats and Gallo is not very good for our broadcast either. Dumba or whatever his name is he tries to call penalties by saying one of the Pats gets tripped up there and clearly I was watching and he fell on his own. just an airhead. I do not question the Pats work ethic they have played hard maybe going out and getting another depth forward to add some scoring may have been better and took some pessure off the weal line.

sbtatter
03-29-2012, 08:45 PM
I know the guy is obvoiusly cheering for the Pats and Gallo is not very good for our broadcast either. Dumba or whatever his name is he tries to call penalties by saying one of the Pats gets tripped up there and clearly I was watching and he fell on his own. just an airhead. I do not question the Pats work ethic they have played hard maybe going out and getting another depth forward to add some scoring may have been better and took some pessure off the weal line.

It's a good experience for the Pats players to just get to the playoffs, they'll be a better team for it next season. Warriors get MH or Cgy next round, I think MH would test the Warriors more, but still see it being a MJ v Edm Eastern final.

Fight Guy
03-29-2012, 08:53 PM
The people who said the Pats were retarded for not trading Weal and others at the deadline, they have no idea what this series will do for the young Pats. Playing the Warriors will be huge for them in the long run. Like I said in the Pats forum, the Warriors have elevated their game and are built for the playoffs. The young guys now know how they have to step up their game in the playoffs, and even what you need to do in the regular season to be more successful.

Plus, if the NHL locks out next season, the Pats will likely get Weal back for another season, and that will only help the team more. He seems to have matured a lot under Conacher and has stepped up his leadership role. I can only wonder what the Eberle/Weal era of the Pats would have been like under Conacher and company.

warriorsforlife
03-29-2012, 09:05 PM
Exactly I dont know why they are so mad the game is over move on and learn from the experience which is huge for them. Maybe the Pats should look at the big man running the show Parker has been running for I do not how long but this is there first playoff appearance in 7 years you have to start wondering. Congratulations to the WKs tonight I think they are a dark horse and they will most likely play EDM which I think they could give them a good run for the money and you never know they have guys who know hw to play in the playoffs.

Herewegoagin
03-29-2012, 09:39 PM
Is tomorrow night the night that #4 makes his way back into the lineup? Or do the Warriors rest him till the next round? Not too look past the Pats as the Warriors still have to win one more game to move on.

Fight Guy
03-29-2012, 09:52 PM
Where is this seven years stuff coming from? The Pats were last in the playoffs in '08. Pats weren't in Leaf territory at all! :D

patsdude114
03-29-2012, 10:36 PM
The people who said the Pats were retarded for not trading Weal and others at the deadline, they have no idea what this series will do for the young Pats. Playing the Warriors will be huge for them in the long run. Like I said in the Pats forum, the Warriors have elevated their game and are built for the playoffs. The young guys now know how they have to step up their game in the playoffs, and even what you need to do in the regular season to be more successful.

Plus, if the NHL locks out next season, the Pats will likely get Weal back for another season, and that will only help the team more. He seems to have matured a lot under Conacher and has stepped up his leadership role. I can only wonder what the Eberle/Weal era of the Pats would have been like under Conacher and company.

I was 1 of the guys that was with u behind not trading Weal & other big names (Davidson & Hewitt) the playoffs were way to important to this franchise this year.

Its nice to see some warrior fans on this board actually talking some sense & giving the pats at least some credit for the series. No 1 expected the pats to win this series i know i sure didnt, sure i was still cheering for them but i can also see how the teams match up on paper & how much depth the warriors have upfront. It doesnt matter how good our defense is on paper when u can throw out 3 lines that can all chip in defense means nothing if all u got is 1 line who can produce. Braes or Howden have blanketed Weal all series long, Weal struggled down the stretch too against Brandon cuz if u shut down Weal u shut down the pats offense.

No way in hell does MJ let game 5 slip away from them in there home building. Looks like the Pats will be wihtout Davidson & thats a huge hit on there defense. Also its not like our 20yr old forward has showed up to any games especailly the 2 home games. As much as i dont want to see it happen i think the warriors are going to end the pats off in style (in mj fans eyes of style) & will win 7-2 (i hope im wrong but im not seeing it)

I do think the Warriors will be in tough against MH tho, they have a much better offense then the Pats & Siemens hasnt looked very sharp at all against us. If we could just start putting more pucks on net instead of doing a never ending cycle down low with 2 guys & the 3rd forward playing as a 3rd Dman maybe we could get more pucks on net.

warriorsforlife
03-29-2012, 10:47 PM
I think Siemens played his best game last night looking at some of the goals in that game he had no chance odd man rushes. He neeeds to be better if we play the Hat thats for sure. They will definetly need to limit Etem and Shinkaruk. All I know is shinkaruk will not get away with the chippy crap after the whistle.

mjw22
03-29-2012, 11:10 PM
Point played for the AAA Buffaloes in Calgary . Led the team in scoring 42 pts in 32 games and was 8th in league scoring. Drafted 14 overall last year. Scored 9 pts in 4 games in U-16 Challenge Cup leading his team to Gold. He scored 42-60-102 in 33 games in his draft year for Calgary Bisons in the Alberta Major Midget league.
Great game in Regina. :groovy: The Pats are like a junkyard dog that won't let go of your damn leg no matter how many times ya kick it. I expect the same on Fri and the same results close but no cigar. Good learning experience for the young guys we went through it as all teams do.Siemens has to get in a grove too many close calls and questionable goals. Edmundson needs to get his brain in gear WAY too slow making decisions on moving the puck resulting in bad giveaways that cost us. Howden has taken his game to a new level great to see. :clap::clap::clap:

patsdude114
03-30-2012, 12:44 AM
Howden has taken his game to a new level great to see. :clap::clap::clap:

i have to agree i have never seen howden play like this in regina that rush he had on the PP in the 3rd when deked thru all 4 pats at the blueline would of been a highlight reel goal.

mjw22
03-30-2012, 12:51 AM
i have to agree i have never seen howden play like this in regina that rush he had on the PP in the 3rd when deked thru all 4 pats at the blueline would of been a highlight reel goal.

We saw glimpses of this all through his career but not this consistent. He's not only using his speed for offense but to hit as well.He's chased down some guys and nailed them along the wall on the back check.Hope it continues.

sbtatter
03-30-2012, 09:52 AM
What did you trade for Braes and Henry? Great additions for the playoffs....

Herewegoagin
03-30-2012, 11:47 AM
Its been confirmed that Reilly won't be playing at all in this series. He's listed as week-to-week.

For Henry we traded a 2nd Rnd '12 & 3rd Rnd '14. For Braes 1st Rnd '12 & 2nd Rnd '13. We had accumulated draft picks in the past couple years. In some of the rounds we had multiple picks. What I like best about the trades is we didn't give up any prospects. I've heard some teams were after Eberle, Hansen and some of our prospects and our GM said that's not a possibility. Looking back we could've went after a higher profile player but could've sacrificed a Brayden Point in the process. Look at what the kids done for us in the playoffs.

Both players have been great additions to the team. Their work ethic and leadership has had a positive effect on everyone in the dressing room.

sbtatter
03-30-2012, 12:02 PM
Its been confirmed that Reilly won't be playing at all in this series. He's listed as week-to-week.

For Henry we traded a 2nd Rnd '12 & 3rd Rnd '14. For Braes 1st Rnd '12 & 2nd Rnd '13. We had accumulated draft picks in the past couple years. In some of the rounds we had multiple picks. What I like best about the trades is we didn't give up any prospects. I've heard some teams were after Eberle, Hansen and some of our prospects and our GM said that's not a possibility. Looking back we could've went after a higher profile player but could've sacrificed a Brayden Point in the process. Look at what the kids done for us in the playoffs.

Both players have been great additions to the team. Their work ethic and leadership has had a positive effect on everyone in the dressing room.
Yup, I like those trades!

warriorsforlife
03-30-2012, 12:29 PM
A lot of people think we will have a hard time with the Hat when if we play them in the 2nd round. I for one think they are similar to the Pats they have Etem and shinkaruk and MJ has done well at limiting Etem this year. I think the Pats have a better defence then the Hat and they have the edge in goaltending with Bunz. Im not making excuses siemens has to be better but it is his first real playoff series i think he played one game last year in the playoffs for Everret. our depth may be huge in this series as well and Braes having the rivalry that he has had with the Hat I wwould look for him to play well against an old arch rival.

patsdude114
03-30-2012, 12:48 PM
I think for the Warriors against the Tigers they will have to use Howden on Etem as Etem will outskate Braes need someone out there who can contend with Etem's speed & that is Howden only. Really we shouldnt even be looking that far ahead with the big game tonite but i think everyone in the right mind knows the Pats will not win 3 in a row, heck i think it will be all wrapped up tonite anyways.

Hope the game is a close 1 tho but i have my doubts especially with Davidson done for the series with an upper body injury (wrist) he took a wicked slash at the warriors blueline in OT prob broken the wrist or serverly hurt it. The Pats blueline just got extremely weaker. For me the best effort i have seen this whole series was last game in the 2nd period after the Pats had been held in there own zone for about a minute Davidson blocked 2 shots 1 that really stung him then about 15secs of not really moving from guarding the net there was a loose puck in the circle & he put everything into it to get to the loose puck diving poking it out of the zone then hobbling to the bench. If only the whole Pats team had this effort especially that 20yr old forward we r suppose to have.

lordstanley
03-30-2012, 02:36 PM
Yeah after watching Etem burn us for 12 points in 4 games i realize that you also need a very fast mobile defense to stay with him as well a healtht riely would be good there but he will be coming back from a injury not sure what 2 dmen the tribe would want out vs him and Shinkaruk Howdens line out vs him is a no brainer you need speed and more speed Warriors have the depth and secondary scoring to win this series in 6 games i feel

sbtatter
03-30-2012, 03:36 PM
MJ will beat MH in 5, 6 at most

RWAH
03-30-2012, 09:40 PM
I want to be one of the first Regina Fans to congratulate the Warriors. I posted on the Pats site in February predicting a Wariors / Portland league final. Keep it going

mjw22
03-31-2012, 12:25 AM
Way to go boys :clap::clap::clap: Solid effort start to finish. Henry and Howden have been dynamite 19 pts in this series. Can't remember the last time I saw a team with 0 shots in a period. There was a debate a while ago on here about 2 superstars well ours chose to shine at play off time. Pats did better this year than most thought still its sweet to be the team that sends them golfing. :) Up next the 3 headed cat from Medicine Hat.:groovy::groovy::groovy:

mjw22
03-31-2012, 12:28 AM
I want to be one of the first Regina Fans to congratulate the Warriors. I posted on the Pats site in February predicting a Wariors / Portland league final. Keep it going

Classy something your coach lacks. No excuse to not shake hands he was gone before the players were all off the bench . Just adds to his whiner image. Good luck Jordon Weal :clap::clap:

Sudzy
03-31-2012, 01:21 PM
I agree, at least the Pats players stuck it out and shook hands, I thought Conacher had more professionalism, not shaking the coaches' hands made the Pats' loss look worse in the end.

Total bush league act on Conacher's part, I hope today he is embarrassed by it.

Wonder what Wayne thinks now.:confused: