PDA

View Full Version : WHL Eastern Conference Playoff matchups

patsdude114
03-18-2012, 11:38 AM
I do think there will be at least 2 upsets in the Eastern Conference.

(1) EDM vs (8) KTN - The experience the Ice got last year in there road to the Memorial Cup can not be over looked. Lieuwen could very well steal this series he has a solid group of D infront of him & some scoring upfront. The Ice will need there PP clicking to have a chance at an upset.

Oil Kings in 6

(2) MJ vs (7) REG- MJ has the edge in this series with how physical of a team they are all 18 skaters dressed will crash & bang a smaller Pats team. The Warriors dont have to worry about a terrible Pats PP, as i highly doubt the Pats finally flip a switch on there PP in the playoffs. The Warriors 5 forward PP unit is very lethal but hasnt had alot of success against the Pats this year.

Being a die hard Pats fan i want to see Pats in 6....but......as a hockey fan as well i see it going this way

Warriors in 5

(3) CGY vs (6) BRN - This is the series where i see an upset coming. The WKs have been playing there best hockey all year long in the past 3 or 4 weeks, there big & have top end talent with Stone, Ferland & to some degree Sundher. Boes has been playing great ever since coming back from his injury. The Hitmen play a great team game, with no superstar (to some degree not even a star on there club) they have a strong goaltending tandem so if 1 fails look for the other to step in & carry the load.

Wheat Kings in 6

(4) MH vs (5) SAS- Cant really say this is an upset series but i do see the Blades winning this series. The Tigers are a 2 line hockey team with the #1 line loaded up, lines 3 & 4 rarely see much ice time. The Blades have more depth upfront, & imo i think a better defense as well even if banged up abit. The goaltending in this series should be a great match up, we all seen what Markarov did in the WJs in the gold medal game will be interesting to see if he raises his level of play for the WHL playoffs like he did at the WJs.

Blades in 6

mjw22
03-18-2012, 02:19 PM
Edm in 6 lack of play off exp for Edm and Lieuwen will be factors
MJ in 5 Siemens and shutting down Weal are the keys
Cal in 7 Wk suspect d may cost them against Cal team game
Sas in 6 Makarov and shutting down MH big line decide this