PDA

View Full Version : Austin Fyten

dagley
03-24-2012, 03:11 PM
Don't know if you guys noticed, but he is back from injury and is playing in the playoffs with the Giants. That's great news, you never want a guy to end his final junior season with a devastating injury like that. He managed to score the other night too, good for him.

CanesCrazy
03-24-2012, 06:22 PM
As with Cam Braes I am glad that Fyten is getting the chance to see some playoff hockey. In my mind and I believe the minds of many other fans though these two will always be considered first and foremost as Hurricanes. I do wish them the best and I am glad that Moose Jaw and Vancouver have given them this chance.

dondo
03-24-2012, 11:02 PM
Thanks guys. He has come back at the right time. I am loving the dimension he is bringing. Scored our opening goal last night, with 2 secs left in the opening period. He had a nice assist tonight on a goal by Gallagher. Playing hungry and feels like the veteran he is. Enjoying his game immensely right now.

patsdude114
03-27-2012, 02:41 AM
did i miss something when did Fyten become a Giant? i dont recall ever seeing him trade cuz Fyten was still on the Canes roster list at trade deadline cuz i remember talking about if a team takes a chance on him for this time of the year (playoffs)

was he just released & picked up by the Giants cuz i cant even find a trade in the transactions

but either way good job for Fyten he was always a work horse & always had the skill to play at a top level

grainbear
03-27-2012, 04:53 PM
When it came down to the deadline you can only have 3 and at the time the prognosis was that he would not be back, so we keep the three and then we traded Braes to get down to two again. Vancouver took a flyer on him, sent him out to see their doctor and voila he is a Giant and is doing what we expected of him all season before the injury. Keep it up Austin you will always be a cane in my book

Bare Bear
03-29-2012, 09:23 AM
Another goal and an assist in last night's game. Playing like the leader he is. Good luck Austin. Sure be nice to see Austin against Cam in the final. I wouldn't know who to cheer for. It is nice to see Hurricane players making an impact in the playoffs!:clap::clap:

patsdude114
03-29-2012, 05:26 PM
ok being released makes alot of sense as to why there was nothing about a trade lol

u guys can have Marantz back tho what a useless 20yr old he has become im embarrassed to even say he closes out his career as a Regina Pats player. The guy has been playing scared all playoffs last nite he didnt see the ice after the 10min mark of the 2nd period sat out about 55mins of game action that is a sorry ass excuse for a 20yr old if hes hurt scratch him & put in someone who will compete.