PDA

View Full Version : Why I Didn't Renew Season Tickets

BladesFan_2010
03-28-2012, 04:14 AM
I haven't been on here at all this year, but with the Blades choking the chicken again in the playoffs, I wanted to say my piece.

Don't bother getting seats for the Memorial Cup next year. The Blades won't be in it, and they will lose all their games. You would think after 500+ wins in a career, that the coach would have an idea how to coach in the playoffs, but last year, guys dogged it...this year, they get outworked again. I am not surprised they are losing.

But what did it for me is the fact that last year, the media didn't make a big deal of our collapse in the playoffs. The coaching staff used the same, boring excuses that came out of the coaching handbook. Why doesn't he call players out and just be honest? We pay way too much for season tickets and hardly get any value from them aside from the hockey aspect of it.

GBG BLEED BLUE
03-28-2012, 07:22 AM
I haven't been on here at all this year, but with the Blades choking the chicken again in the playoffs, I wanted to say my piece.

Don't bother getting seats for the Memorial Cup next year. The Blades won't be in it, and they will lose all their games. You would think after 500+ wins in a career, that the coach would have an idea how to coach in the playoffs, but last year, guys dogged it...this year, they get outworked again. I am not surprised they are losing.

But what did it for me is the fact that last year, the media didn't make a big deal of our collapse in the playoffs. The coaching staff used the same, boring excuses that came out of the coaching handbook. Why doesn't he call players out and just be honest? We pay way too much for season tickets and hardly get any value from them aside from the hockey aspect of it.

I agree!! People have been suggesting that Molleken maybe should just be the GM of the hockey club??? This was a 4 VS 5 series and look at Vancouver VS Spokane. That series is at 2-1. There are excuses to why the Blades should be down 0-3 and unless something changes BIG TIME. It might be the same thing.

Sure this is junior hockey but these players have been playing here awhile and are bound to make mistakes but when your 19 year olds are turning the puck over in overtime that is not a good sign!! I might not have enough money to afford both season tickets anyways and Memorial Cup tickets. Also the draw for that leather chair with the Blades logo on it. I bet you that someone who just goes to a couple games a season won that chair. Maybe they should have draws for season ticket holders or since there are 36 games have a couple draws each game for each section??

I will still support this team because I love my hockey but like others have said it is becoming VERY frustraiting as a season ticket holder for 7 seasons in a row.

At least I have Shaw cable so I can watch some good playoff hockey over the next 3 rounds.

curwie
03-28-2012, 12:36 PM

I agree on some points. The first 2 games we lost largely because of discipline problems. You just cant do the crap they were doing and expect to win. That has to fall back on the coaches plain and simple. Also, Makarov was not at his best.

The team did not get outworked last night. They worked there balls off and came up short. I was happy with the effort and discipline last night, and sometimes you lose games where you play well. However we gave them the first 2 games in Medicine Hat and we are now in a huge hole because of the piss poor performance in games 1 and 2.

I use to be a huge Lorne Mollenken fan, but I'm not so sure anymore. Who would replace him though? David Strusch? No thanks! Give me someone like a Jessie Wallin type coach demanding, yet fair, and the players love him.

What the heck do I know anyway! I'm just a fan! I'll be in the seats next year!

dodywood4ever
03-29-2012, 12:01 AM

Pretty sure they will be in it. Or were you just kidding?

HockeyFan94
03-30-2012, 10:08 PM
I use to be a huge Lorne Mollenken fan, but I'm not so sure anymore. Who would replace him though? David Strusch? No thanks! Give me someone like a Jessie Wallin type coach demanding, yet fair, and the players love him.

Sorry, but I think you have been misinformed...in fact, I know you have:eek:

curwie
03-30-2012, 10:55 PM
Which part?

HockeyFan94
04-01-2012, 08:04 AM
Give me someone like a Jessie Wallin type coach demanding, yet fair, and the players love him.

This part!!!

curwie
04-01-2012, 10:48 AM
This part!!!

The players this year loved him.