PDA

View Full Version : Things are sure quiet

Sput
07-08-2005, 12:22 PM
Nothing much coming out of the Cougar office at all these days. Still no word on a lease deal with the City. No confirmation that Swynstyn(sp) is going to be dealt to a team "close to Airdrie" and will play in the dub. The only thing anyone is still talking about is the Battle of the Enforcers happening Aug 27th. Who knows....maybe Moose Jaw will beat the Cougs in the footrace to Edmonton.

Jovorock
07-08-2005, 02:38 PM
That is pretty strange that it is so quiet. Normally something that important as a lease renewal would have lots of rumors going around!

Sput
07-08-2005, 05:05 PM
Yup it is strange. There are constant rumors that Brodski is going to take his traveling road show to Edmonton next, but as we all know the Oilers want to buy a team and Brodski has no intention of selling....at least for now. If this should happen to come true what would piss off the vast majority of people here is the fact (or very long standing rumor anyway) that one group, brothers actually, have practically given Brodski a blank cheque and told him to fill in the amount. That I can believe. These guys are dripping money and were actually in line to buy the Medicine Hat Tigers back in 91 or so when the Cougs came here. Its a big waiting game right now, so we'll have to see what happens.

Cougar Guy
07-10-2005, 07:34 PM
I think the ONLY saving grace if Brodsky decided to sell outright would be if the league said "only if you can't find a local buyer first" like they basically did with Tri-City. If that did occur, I'm sure that there would be multiple suitable offers made within 24 hours of the announcement . . .

Of course, that is based on the assumption that the WHL would still want a team in PG and all of the politics involved with that decision.

Jovorock
07-13-2005, 02:41 PM
brothers actually, have practically given Brodski a blank cheque and told him to fill in the amount.
Do these brothers want to keep a team in PG or off to Edmonchuck?

WHEATMAN
07-13-2005, 04:38 PM
I hate to say it but in anyone will move it will by Prince George, Tri-City of Moose Jaw, good ears though, it has been quiet, too quiet

Cougar Guy
07-13-2005, 06:19 PM
Do these brothers want to keep a team in PG or off to Edmonchuck?

If it is the brothers I'm thinking of, the team would almost certainly stay here AND they would have the dough and willingness to make the team a winner . . .

Sput
07-18-2005, 09:21 PM
Yes, rumor has it that these brothers would keep the team here in PG. They are locals, and big hockey fans, not to mention that they have way more disposable cash than probably everyone on this board combined. If it were to happen the Cougs would most certainly stay and things would be done to make them a ligitimate franchise that would do whatever it took to make it a winner.

WHEATMAN
07-21-2005, 02:28 PM
that will influence the decision is the travel, prince george is almost isolated from all the other teams

Jovorock
08-07-2005, 09:03 AM
Still no word on a lease deal with the City.
Have the Cougs signed a lease yet?

Cougar Guy
08-07-2005, 11:29 AM
WHEATMAN95-96, Thompson has said that all of the candidates are aware of the challenges that the location presents . . . whether that is a line or not, who really knows :)

As far as I know, a lease has not yet been signed . . .