PDA

View Full Version : Volek to play in U-18s

patsdude114
04-07-2012, 01:06 AM
congrats to Volek to being named to the host countries U-18 national team (CZE) he is 1 of only 2 CZE players on the team who are playing in the CHL

here is a link to eveyr teams rosters
http://www.iihf.com/home-of-hockey/news/news-singleview/recap/6577.html?tx_ttnews%5BbackPid%5D=955&cHash=f277608b66

patsdude114
04-14-2012, 03:06 AM
Volek is an Assistant Captain playing on the CZE 1st line at the U-18 (at least in the 1st game he is on the 1st line)
http://stats.iihf.com/Hydra/292/IHM292A05_54B_1_0.pdf

He also scored the CZE 1st goal in a 8-4 win over Denmark for his only point in the game by the looks of it from the summary

http://stats.iihf.com/Hydra/292/IHM292A05_74_3_0.pdf

nice to see him having some early success in this tournament & possibly putting himself on the radar for the WJs during xmas

an article after the game http://www.iihf.com/competition/292/news/news-singleview/recap/6640.html?tx_ttnews%5BbackPid%5D=6107&cHash=0e2da4420a

ZNOJMO – The host Czechs got off to a flying start in their opening game of the 2012 IIHF Ice Hockey U18 World Championship, scoring six goals in the second period on their way to an 8-4 win over Denmark.

Vojtech Tomecek had three assists and several Czech players found the back of the net as the team put on an offensive display in front of their supporters in Znojmo.

Similar to their opening game against Canada, Denmark had a strong outing in the first period, but broke down defensively as the game wore on. An early go-ahead goal on the power play from Eustanthios Soumelidis in the second period was followed up by three more quick scores by the Czechs, who controlled the puck with ease in the Danish zone and continually harassed goaltender Matthias Andersen.

The Czechs’ fifth score finally woke up the Danish team, as Oliver Bjorkstrand and Kristoffer Lauridsen answered back with goals two minutes apart to help slim down the deficit. But another defensive miscue led to yet another Czech goal, and the hosts added another before the end of the frame to take a comfortable 7-3 lead into the third period.

“After the first period, we said in the locker room that we needed to be better and to start skating and be more physical," said Czech captain Dominik Volek, who scored the first goal of the game. “We felt some pressure being on home ice with friends and family watching, and it was good to go out and get the win.”

The loss was a tough one for Denmark, which managed to stay in the game early on but couldn’t keep up with the Czech forwards through the rest of the game. Andersen ended up facing over 40 shots on net, while his teammates were unable to put nearly as much pressure in the Czech zone.

In the first period, the Czechs were denied on a great chance early when Andersen denied forward Jakub Vrana on a breakaway. But the home team still managed to strike first a few minutes later when Mads Larsen was sent to the box for hooking. Adam Chlapik got the puck in the Danish zone and made a cross ice pass to Vojtech Tomecek, who found Volek in front of the net for the power play goal.

Denmark knotted up the score at 1-1 when Bjorkstrand took advantage of some heavy traffic in from of Marek Langhammer’s net to slip the puck past the Czech goaltender. But even with a decent outing in the third period, the team could not do enough to overcome the six Czech goals in the second.

“We played two good periods, but the second period was terrible for us,” said Denmark head coach Morten Hagen. “We came out of the first period with the shots even and we were feeling pretty good, it’s a tough loss to take but you can’t fall off on your level of play against a team like this.”

The Czechs will face a tougher assignment Saturday in Breclav when they take on the defending champions United States. At 0-2 and also facing the U.S. later in the weekend, Denmark looks to be headed to the relegation round.

patsdude114
04-16-2012, 10:44 AM
Volek scores again today in a 6-2 loss to canada, was his 2nd of the tournament

patsdude114
04-19-2012, 11:31 AM
with 1 game left for Volek & the CZE looks like a very disappointing finish for the CZE, Volek has put up 2g1a in 5 games & is good for a tie for 2nd on the team.

The last game for the CZE is against LAT maybe Volek can put up a couple points & possibly lead the CZE in scoring at the U-18s

Crush Kill Destroy
05-17-2012, 06:21 AM
Dominik Volek has signed a contract with Färjestad Karlstad of Sweden's junior elite league.

lordstanley
05-17-2012, 09:43 AM
Dominik Volek has signed a contract with Färjestad Karlstad of Sweden's junior elite league.

No Volek No weal what does this do to the Pats ? also heard Jobke is close to singing a contract and Davidson is gone Rod Pederson seem's to think they will be good for years to come so i guess everything will be ok :D

patsdude114
05-17-2012, 10:27 AM

That is definately a big blow to the Pats, but also does anyone have any information on how these WHL contracts work that they sign? Volek would of signed 1, do they have any merit to them for the Pats keeping his rights where he couldnt play over in Sweden junior league since he already has 1 signed in Canada?

No Volek No weal what does this do to the Pats ? also heard Jobke is close to singing a contract and Davidson is gone Rod Pederson seem's to think they will be good for years to come so i guess everything will be ok :D

Jobke already has a contract signed with Minnesota Wild, after he was bypassed in last year's draft at age 19 he is/was a free agent & the Wild signed him.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
05-17-2012, 04:51 PM
According to Greg Harder, Lang says that it is merely an opporunity to sign and that nothing is finalized.

This is bound to all play out eventually through the summer. I think his NHL team when he gets drafted is bound to have some say on what team he plays on anyways.

patsdude114
05-17-2012, 07:36 PM
yes i was thinking that as well as to the NHL team that drafts him as long as its not Detroit those pricks like those euros to stay in europe lol but then again who is going to question them when they are 1 of the best teams on a yearly basis. They hardly have any CHLers on there roster, its mianly a full euro roster

patsdude114
05-18-2012, 10:12 AM
from greg harder's blog

Pats GM Chad Lang said he spoke to Volek’s agent on Thursday morning and was informed that Volek has in fact not signed but he does have “an opportunity to sign” and may elect to do so. Meanwhile, the Swedish club has already added Volek to the roster on its website, suggesting he has indeed committed to the team. At this point it’s not entirely clear where things stand, so the Pats’ fact-finding mission continues.
“My first call was to the agent and the agent said nothing is finalized,” said Lang. “That was about the depth of our conversation. I’m sure I’ll have further conversations with him in the next couple days.
“It’s a little bit of a surprise yet it’s not uncommon amongst Euros,” he added. “We see this over and over where they go back home and look at their options. It doesn’t mean he can’t come back (to Regina) if he does sign. Until I hear it from him or his agent we’re anticipating him back.”
More in Friday’s Leader-Post.

Nothing is finalized as of yet, looks like the sweden team jumped abit too quickly. Also like Lang stated even if he signs he could still come back. Sounds like the sweden junior elite league contracts have about as much merit as the WHL 1s do all they really do is prevent the player from playing on another CHL team.... & in sweden's case just another sweden junior team.

Guess the Pats & its fans are just waiting til training camp now to see if he appears (which i hope he does i really enjoyed watching him all season long & he will be a big part of the Pats offense this year)

lordstanley
05-28-2012, 03:54 PM
Locke Muller has been removed from the Blades list and you guy's picked him up

What i can say about him is he is 19 he will stick up for his team mates but misses team curfew a lot, and has been been both benched by us for some games and red deer last season for the same thing, he at best will be a checker shut down guy who may score you 5 goals or so