PDA

View Full Version : Williams lights out!

patsdude114
04-07-2012, 01:15 AM
I always liked what i saw from Williams when he played games here in Regina & he is proving this year in the playoffs that maybe the Raiders gave up on him too early.

In 6 appearences he is 5-0 .932SV% 1.81GAA & i believe 2 OT wins during that stretch it may be 3 not 100% sure without checking & its too late dont feel like checking at this hour lol

Dwight Schrute
04-07-2012, 07:40 AM
I always liked what i saw from Williams when he played games here in Regina & he is proving this year in the playoffs that maybe the Raiders gave up on him too early.

In 6 appearences he is 5-0 .932SV% 1.81GAA & i believe 2 OT wins during that stretch it may be 3 not 100% sure without checking & its too late dont feel like checking at this hour lol

Good for him I'm glad it's working out

Wapitikev
04-10-2012, 10:57 AM
Glad to see that Williams is doing well in the weaker Western Conference.

west coast
04-10-2012, 01:26 PM
It is good to see Williams doing so well with Spokane.To look back at the timing of the trade,i thought that the Raiders were starting to gel as a team.However , the trade knocked the wheels off the bus , and the Raiders missed Williams solid goaltending.Bardaro was okay for Raiders but looks like PA lost the deal big time.I wonder if Williams asked for a trade or the team was just trying to put the right pieces in place

Sttop
04-10-2012, 03:03 PM
bardaro was easily the Raiders best forward and will be again next year. Williams was not as good as Holewenko. its great Williams has the chance to play where he is because he wouldnt put up those #s with our def

Wapitikev
04-10-2012, 03:07 PM
Agreed.

-Wapitikev

lordstanley
04-10-2012, 09:42 PM
Agreed.

-Wapitikev

Yeah same thing if Luke Lee Knight and Fiddler was still in the stronger eastern division they would have struggled

Wapitikev
04-10-2012, 11:42 PM
Yeah same thing if Luke Lee Knight and Fiddler was still in the stronger eastern division they would have struggled

Luke Lee Knight was in the East for the second half and he didn't just struggle, he drowned. His GAA was 2.91 in Spokane...it was 6.39 after returning to PA.

Fiddler's points/game after the trade to Spokane did go up (0.47 after...0.29 before). But last season he was .54 points/game in 70 games for the Raiders...that's not a step forward, even after the trade when he was playing against 5 teams that were behind Spokane in the standings and, in the end, wouldn't have even made the playoffs in the East (incidentally, that's 1/2 the Western Conference). Lets see Fiddler NOT fall asleep in the first half, next season, and then we'll know if it was the previous two teams he didn't like or whether he needs a 4th team in three years to try to get back to his 2010 pace.

-Wapitikev