PDA

View Full Version : Season's Over

chalk_one_up
04-11-2012, 09:21 AM
The W'Kings needed to win game 3 and they didn't even put up a decent effort. This team is a complete dud come playoff time. Attendance is **** and the team only plays for 1 period out of a game. I can't believe how the motivation is not there. Getting out shot 19-2 in one period at home? Seriously, I know the Oil Kings are good, but we all knew Edmonton would salivate at this match-up because seldom, this is a team that wouldn't be able to put forth a complete effort throughout a game. Make all the excuses you want, but even Mark Stone has been intimidated. Grow a pair boys.

sbtatter
04-11-2012, 10:10 AM
I don't see anyone being intimidated (ask samuelson how he's feeling today after that huge hit on him), but I see a team that doesnt put forth a consistent effort throughout the 60 minutes. It didn't happen in the regular season, so why would it happen now?

Joe Hallenback
04-11-2012, 11:48 AM
Team has not been consistent all year and it showed last night. Terrible effort and I think this team will need to reinvent itself next season

Thats the way it goes sometimes in Junior hockey.

sbtatter
04-11-2012, 01:08 PM
Team has not been consistent all year and it showed last night. Terrible effort and I think this team will need to reinvent itself next season

Thats the way it goes sometimes in Junior hockey.

Well, at least we'll be rid of 2 of the bad influences on the team, DD and Anderson.
Junior hockey cycles, and we'll rebuild the next 2 seasons.

Ott
04-11-2012, 02:19 PM
Do you think Clouston will be back next season? Do you want him back?

sbtatter
04-11-2012, 04:19 PM
Do you think Clouston will be back next season? Do you want him back? I hope he's back. i think he was given a bum rap this season. Saddled with some bad characters being brought to the team, and returning vets who didn't like the accountability and hard work he demanded. The players would do well to listen to a man who's been to the big show. I think a new defensive and goaltending coach would help as well.

dagley
04-11-2012, 04:42 PM

I believe he signed a 2-year deal, I believe thats what I read when it was announced

dagley
04-11-2012, 04:46 PM
Luebke just confirmed Stone & Ferland both scratched tonight.

chalk_one_up
04-11-2012, 05:12 PM
Tough way for both players to end their WHL careers.

chalk_one_up
04-11-2012, 06:35 PM
No pride at all. What a joke of a team. Brandon should have to pay each person who paid to watch the game tonight.

4-0 and shots 15-0.

booboo
04-11-2012, 09:55 PM
Do the WK bring back Favreau and Miller as overagers?---I hope not. I think they can find better 20 yr olds. What about the Euros? Are they both coming back? Don't the Wk have 2 picks in the first round of the import draft? It looks to me like the defence will be solid--Pulock,Roy, Nikkel,Hunter, Waltz and 2 more prospects such as Pankewich (sp),Bruce etc. The forwards will be a work in progress as there is room for many rookies. Looks like a rebuilding year--not reloading. What do you fans think?:clown:

sbtatter
04-12-2012, 06:19 AM
No pride at all. What a joke of a team. Brandon should have to pay each person who paid to watch the game tonight.

4-0 and shots 15-0.

Small mercies, BWK actually had 6 or 8 shots in the 1st period,:)

dubfanman
04-13-2012, 10:07 AM

Nope, he won't. KM will tie a can to his sorry and pathetic keister!
There will probably be a story about how he's been offered an opportunity elsewhere .... but the truth is he was a freakin disaster for this team and will be fired.

Joe Hallenback
04-13-2012, 10:49 AM
Just to put some logic to all the whining

Brandon was predicted by many people to miss the playoffs and be one of the worst teams in the league

Didn't work out that way

I doubt it works out that way next year

Ott
04-13-2012, 01:54 PM
Nope, he won't. KM will tie a can to his sorry and pathetic keister!
There will probably be a story about how he's been offered an opportunity elsewhere .... but the truth is he was a freakin disaster for this team and will be fired.

What did he do so wrong? Yes, they had a bad run for a bit but that happens to the best of teams. Not really his fault the goalie couldn't handle being pulled and broke his hand punching a wall. If you know reasons share!

patsdude114
04-14-2012, 03:29 AM
Luebke just confirmed Stone & Ferland both scratched tonight.

alittle late reading this but that is a very bold move by Clouston im sure both players hope the NHL doesnt lock out & that there is room for them in the AHL (cuz it could be a realistic shot that a lockout will happen & depending on the depth charts in the AHL/ECHL, Ferland could be a lock since the Flames have a *****show with no prospects) cuz returning back to junior to BRN doesnt like an option now at all for either guy.

I dont think Clouston did a bad job at all this year with BRN, guys like Dziurzynski who has always had a bad attitude & Anderson who has always been very over-rated didnt help the situation out in BRN at all, & then throw in the terrible move to bring in Sundher & it took him getting hurt for the WKs to finally turn things around in early/mid Feb

lordstanley
04-14-2012, 07:57 AM
alittle late reading this but that is a very bold move by Clouston im sure both players hope the NHL doesnt lock out & that there is room for them in the AHL (cuz it could be a realistic shot that a lockout will happen & depending on the depth charts in the AHL/ECHL, Ferland could be a lock since the Flames have a *****show with no prospects) cuz returning back to junior to BRN doesnt like an option now at all for either guy.

I dont think Clouston did a bad job at all this year with BRN, guys like Dziurzynski who has always had a bad attitude & Anderson who has always been very over-rated didnt help the situation out in BRN at all, & then throw in the terrible move to bring in Sundher & it took him getting hurt for the WKs to finally turn things around in early/mid Feb

Yep looking back now Brandon giving us 2 second rounders and a third rounder was way to much for Dziurzynski but now i'll take it those picks will most likely be traded away for our Memorial Cup run

mjw22
04-14-2012, 11:12 AM
Sundher had to be the biggest trade line bust . Stone 2 goals in the playoffs didnt help . Weak d and a coach the players may not have liked . I think he gets the boot.

Ott
04-14-2012, 12:49 PM
Sundher had to be the biggest trade line bust . Stone 2 goals in the playoffs didnt help . Weak d and a coach the players may not have liked . I think he gets the boot.

I hope not, I never like to see anyone lose a job, especially when I don't think he deserved it. Yes, he needed to go in Ott but everything that went wrong wasn't his fault, a goalie would of helped alot. KM seems like a loyal and honorable type of guy, so I thinking he may honor the last year and go from there. Curious thought, why wasn't Chewy considered since his been with the team for so long? Wonder if that led to tensions in the coaching staff?

sbtatter
04-14-2012, 02:52 PM

They were scratched because of injuries, not a coaches decision

sbtatter
04-14-2012, 02:53 PM
I hope not, I never like to see anyone lose a job, especially when I don't think he deserved it. Yes, he needed to go in Ott but everything that went wrong wasn't his fault, a goalie would of helped alot. KM seems like a loyal and honorable type of guy, so I thinking he may honor the last year and go from there. Curious thought, why wasn't Chewy considered since his been with the team for so long? Wonder if that led to tensions in the coaching staff?

I think Chewey would be a disaster as a head coach, nice guy, but hope that doesn't ever happen.

patsdude114
04-14-2012, 08:54 PM
They were scratched because of injuries, not a coaches decision

ahh did not know they were hurt no where did i see that they were hurt unless i just missed it

sbtatter
04-15-2012, 09:17 AM
ahh did not know they were hurt no where did i see that they were hurt unless i just missed it

Samuelsson slashed Ferland and broke some bones in his hand, Stone had a neck/whiplash injury. Stone wasn't even on the bench for the 3rd period (played about 3 shifts in the 2nd period) in game 3, and Ferland played 1 or 2 shifts in the 3rd, that was it. Certainly wasn't a coaching decision to sit them.

From Luber after game 3
"Brandon captain Mark Stone did not play in the third period of Game #3 because of an upper body injury while Michael Ferland did not see the ice after taking a bad penalty early in the third period but that was also because of an injury concern.

"He's got upper body as well and was questionable to start the third," said Clouston, "That was just a matter of the way the game was going, the score of the game and, hopefully, he'll be ready (Wednesday) and we're not sure about Stone as well."