PDA

View Full Version : Blades trade

lordstanley
05-03-2012, 10:17 AM
Blades trade 2nd, 5th and Ryan Olsen to Kelowna for Mcgolgan and Astles. Blockbuster!!! via jon kean twitter

lordstanley
05-03-2012, 10:18 AM
Oh and now another deal no word of a lie lol

Blades get F Brendan Walker from Brandon for two 2nd's and a 3rd. Deals keep coming.

Been a huge day already for Blades hockey

Joe Hallenback
05-03-2012, 10:18 AM
Told you Walker was going to be a Blade

Nice pick ups so far

lordstanley
05-03-2012, 10:19 AM

Nice pick ups so far

Yes indeed you did good call on that 1 he is better than collins and cox for our 20's huge upgrade

Trav
05-03-2012, 10:21 AM
Nice deals, especially McColgan. As for Walker, they definitely needed an upgrade up at the 20 yr old position. Looks like they still used a 2nd round pick to draft a guy so that's good.

lordstanley
05-03-2012, 10:24 AM
Nice deals, especially McColgan.

Yep McColgan listed as 5'9 a speedy guy who put up 60 points or more a season since being 16 like it alot

curwie
05-03-2012, 10:24 AM

Nice pick ups so far

I was thinking about what you said about Walker being a blade in the Dizzy deal. Good Call!

Trav
05-03-2012, 10:30 AM
WHL website changed the pick so the Blades didnt use a pick in the 2nd round, damn to bad, oh well.

Joe Hallenback
05-03-2012, 10:30 AM
You added some nice speed with Mcolgan who could explode offensively. Astles is a nice pick up as well. Really tough player who skates very well. Walker will be a great asset at center. Give him 2 creative wingers and he will produce plus he plays hard every shift and has Mem cup experience.

Perhaps

McColgan Walker Stransky as a line?

Trav
05-03-2012, 10:32 AM
You added some nice speed with Mcolgan who could explode offensively. Astles is a nice pick up as well. Really tough player who skates very well. Walker will be a great asset at center. Give him 2 creative wingers and he will produce plus he plays hard every shift and has Mem cup experience.

Perhaps

That would be my guess, ur line idea. Pretty solid line....now they just have to get rid of Benson.

lordstanley
05-03-2012, 10:34 AM
That would be my guess, ur line idea. Pretty solid line.

I like that line then you could have Nicholls Sutter and maybe another newbie

curwie
05-03-2012, 10:36 AM

Perhaps

This is a real good start! Walker sounds like he'll be fun to watch!

Joe Hallenback
05-03-2012, 10:36 AM
I have heard that Nichols will indeed be back next year. I also heard that if things don't go well for Red Deer this year they will trade Dumba to Blades

Trav
05-03-2012, 10:43 AM
On the Blades press release, it says Brandon also has the option to switch 1st round bantam picks in 2014 with the Blades. That could burn the Blades if they suck after this year.

The Blades should've gotten a pick back then. Walker's good but come on that's just stupid if the Wheat Kings end up getting a top 5 pick.

curwie
05-03-2012, 10:44 AM
I have heard that Nichols will indeed be back next year. I also heard that if things don't go well for Red Deer this year they will trade Dumba to Blades

Interesting, hear anything regarding Pulock?

sbtatter
05-03-2012, 10:46 AM
Interesting, hear anything regarding Pullock? KM basically said Ryan just has to learn how to lead the team, sounds like he's our next Captain

Joe Hallenback
05-03-2012, 10:48 AM
I was really worried that Brandon would deal Pulock or Roy but from what I understand Brandon will be going for hard in 2013 as they think with the D they will have and hopefully Papirny in net they should be able to challenge. Plus they will have a ton of assets to play with

curwie
05-03-2012, 10:54 AM
I was really worried that Brandon would deal Pulock or Roy but from what I understand Brandon will be going for hard in 2013 as they think with the D they will have and hopefully Papirny in net they should be able to challenge. Plus they will have a ton of assets to play with

That will be a bit of a change from what were used to seeing out of the Wheatkings teams compared to the last few years. What I mean is they will have to play a more defensive system than what were accustom to seeing from them.

lordstanley
05-03-2012, 11:16 AM
Just saw a few videos of this jessey astles man the kid can chuck the knuckles in a big way

sbtatter
05-03-2012, 11:25 AM

Just think what Pulock would bring in a trade this summer! I'm not advocating it, but it would be huge!

curwie
05-03-2012, 11:29 AM
Just think what Pulock would bring in a trade this summer! I'm not advocating it, but it would be huge!

I am!:)

sbtatter
05-03-2012, 11:47 AM
I am!:)

That's funny!
I don't think Walker will be your top line center if you want to win the mem Cup, but he sould be a good 2nd line center. We had Schenn and Fehr and Redeake and we weren't strong enough in the center.

curwie
05-03-2012, 12:03 PM
That's funny!
I don't think Walker will be your top line center if you want to win the mem Cup, but he sould be a good 2nd line center. We had Schenn and Fehr and Redeake and we weren't strong enough in the center.

Ya I think we'll be making quite a few moves yet. Finally have our first round picks back starting next year to deal if we have to.

Joe Hallenback
05-03-2012, 12:15 PM
I would think for forwards McNeil and Lowry have to be at the top of the list. On Defense I know they will make a play for Dumba if he is made available.

sbtatter
05-03-2012, 12:39 PM
I would think for forwards McNeil and Lowry have to be at the top of the list. On Defense I know they will make a play for Dumba if he is made available.

Speaking of Dumba, how do you think his pro potential compares to Hamonic? And, how do you rate Nikkels pro potential in relation to Pulock and Roy?