PDA

View Full Version : Raiders Trade with Warriors

Wildeyes
05-03-2012, 11:01 AM
Trade with Warriors

The Raiders also strengthened their present goaltending situation now with a deal with the Moose Jaw Warriors, acquiring 20-year-old Luke Siemens for players/picks to be named later.

Siemens is an everyday goaltender and played 68 games last season, including playoffs. He had a .907 save percentage and 2.56 GAA with the Warriors.

The deal won't be officially announced until the fourth round of the draft later today.

Wildeyes
05-03-2012, 11:42 AM
: Raiders trade 4th rd pick 82nd overall and 3rd rd pick in 2013 to MJ for goalie Luke Siemens

Dwight Schrute
05-03-2012, 01:04 PM
Yay another stop gap

Wapitikev
05-04-2012, 01:30 AM
Yay another stop gap

Be as negative as you want but surely this doesn't surprise you...everyone's dog was shouting for an overage tender since Februrary 1.

Siemens solidifies the position for 12/13...AND holowenko plays stronger as a backup (remember December?). With Zentner, Parenteau or McBride all eligible in 2013/14, we should be fine after Siemens finishes his rent-a-player season with us.

Those wishing to mislead will whine that Siemens was replaced in the playoffs by his backup. Siemens had 35 Wins and 5 overtime losses in 56 regular season games (for 75 pts and a .670 winning %) and 2 dominant playoff series with 8 wins in 12 games (for a winning % of .667). That's prime rib, not chopped liver.

As far as the "cost" of this trade goes, we give up an extra 4th round pick this year acquired via trade in previous seasons and our 3rd round pick in 2014. Initally this trade may look costly, but we have Prince Goerge's 3rd round pick in 2014 (acquired by trading down to 3rd overall, this year). Considering that we had 53 more "goals-for" last year than Prince Goerge did and that we have now plugged the hole in goal, I'd rather have Prince Goerge's 3rd round pick next year than our own.

In my opinion, another good trade in a long series (by far) of good trades by Mr. Campese.

...now lets see how we plug the holes at Defense.

-Wapitikev

Dwight Schrute
05-05-2012, 10:43 AM
So after your long reply
it is a stopgap ......

Raiderfan8
05-05-2012, 11:46 AM
Is Holowenko not considered an 19 year old this up coming season? I am confused at the mindset of picking up at overage goalie .

Dwight Schrute
05-05-2012, 02:03 PM
Is Holowenko not considered an 19 year old this up coming season? I am confused at the mindset of picking up at overage goalie .

Both goalies should they return will be 19 year olds with the new goalie as a overage

mjw22
05-05-2012, 05:51 PM
Those wishing to mislead will whine that Siemens was replaced in the playoffs by his backup. Siemens had 35 Wins and 5 overtime losses in 56 regular season games (for 75 pts and a .670 winning %) and 2 dominant playoff series with 8 wins in 12 games (for a winning % of .667). That's prime rib, not chopped liver.

In my opinion, another good trade in a long series (by far) of good trades by Mr. Campese.

...now lets see how we plug the holes at Defense.

-Wapitikev

He had ONE good series against MH . I went to every game he was in and he wasnt dominate. He was out played in Reg when Hewitt was in and he was terrible in Edm series. He was good in reg season until he had to be "refocused" and since then his play dropped off.

Wapitikev
05-08-2012, 02:28 PM
He had ONE good series against MH . I went to every game he was in and he wasnt dominate. He was out played in Reg when Hewitt was in and he was terrible in Edm series. He was good in reg season until he had to be "refocused" and since then his play dropped off.

How many playoff games did Cole Holowenko get out-played in?

I'll take the Siemens, thanx.

Besides, we have your old coach. Might as well have your goalie as well.

Heh.

-Wapitikev

Wapitikev
05-08-2012, 02:38 PM
So after your long reply
it is a stopgap ......

Oh, you were making a funny...that there was a huge "gap" that pucks were going through and Siemens can "stop" those pucks.

You slay me, Dwight.

-Wapitikev

Sttop
05-08-2012, 02:53 PM
no, he is saying we do not deveplope goalies

Wapitikev
05-08-2012, 04:18 PM
no, he is saying we do not deveplope goalies

Which comes back to something I've said over and over...there were no players (goalies) drafted by the previous head-scout capable of being the number 1 tender. We are still recovering the talent wasteland left to us by the previous GM and head-scout.

Durkatch came on board in 2010's draft.

Zentner (2010) - based on his performance at the Telus Cup for Red Deer, seems capable of being our backup this fall as a 17 y-o.

Parenteau (2011) - apparently has acceptable skill and should be the main goalie for the Contacts this fall...we'll see how he does.

McBride (2012) - supposedly highest ranked (for what that's worth) tender in this year's draft. Good potential.

We'll have a chance to see how goaltenders with more talent, drafted since 2010, fare in Prince Albert, beginning this fall.

-Wapitikev

Sttop
05-08-2012, 07:12 PM
Well to put it in perspective Kev .... out of the goalies this (excluding Dale) Management have drafted 0 of them including Fiebelkorn were the last 4 goalies at camp last year. No matter how you look at it we havent brought around one goalie at all since previous management . Beauchimin is the last goalie I think the Raiders can take credit for .

Wapitikev
05-09-2012, 09:03 AM
Well to put it in perspective Kev .... out of the goalies this (excluding Dale) Management have drafted 0 of them including Fiebelkorn were the last 4 goalies at camp last year. No matter how you look at it we havent brought around one goalie at all since previous management . Beauchimin is the last goalie I think the Raiders can take credit for .

Agreed. But the "management" (AKA the GM) can't personally scout everyone...he got Ruop and McNeil right but he had no time for goalies...and as we all know the previous scout that was here until 2009 was also the Cole Penner scout...which is why we inherited no prospects (goalie or otherwise) and drafted none, after the first two rounds, until 2010.

Finally, the skaters that the current GM scouted and drafted in his first 2 drafts are all 19 and 18, this year, and Dale's drafts should begin showing up this fall as 17 year olds (Zentner for instance).

This fall we will see a team that Mr. Campese built instead of one filled with mediocre players he inherited from the previous GM and Scout.

I am as tired as everyone else of waiting for the future.

The future is now.

Here's to 80 points this season.

-Wapitikev

Sttop
05-09-2012, 10:05 AM
we agree on the 80 point season. I think we will see Cole backing up this year . I hope that Bruno pays the price for a top dman , possibly a 20.

Wapitikev
05-11-2012, 09:34 AM
we agree on the 80 point season. I think we will see Cole backing up this year . I hope that Bruno pays the price for a top dman , possibly a 20.

I think Cole is an outstanding backup...and if he is the backup in 12/13 I'm sure he would do quite well.

But, in 13/14 our current goalie prospects (as 18, 17, and 16 y-olds that season) may not be ready to start. In that case Cole's only place with the Raiders, as a 20 y-o, is as the starter...so here's hoping that he fixes his consistency issues this year.

Regarding D-men, I agree that we need one more.

Of our 3 shockingly bad 19 year old Defensemen last year (Corbin, Hart and Yaworski) two will likely be replaced by Hodder and Waseylenko (by the time that Camp is over).

I don't care how that 3rd space is filled (acquisition, prospect, or list player) but I do NOT see the team getting 80pts this season with any of the current 20 y-o D-men.

-Wapitikev

lordstanley
05-11-2012, 10:10 AM
I would never ever replace anyone with the likes of Hodder the guy is horrible wasylenko in my mind deserves a spot and so does yaworski

I would gladly take Ruopp on the Blades for the right package

Wapitikev
05-11-2012, 01:13 PM
I would never ever replace anyone with the likes of Hodder the guy is horrible wasylenko in my mind deserves a spot and so does yaworski

I would gladly take Ruopp on the Blades for the right package

Stan! Long time no post (in the PA area at least).

Hodder may have sucked in S'toon but he put in a good year in the BCHL last year...let it go!

...and he can't possibly be worse, defensively, than Corbin...Hodder was better, for the one game he was here, this spring.

Newsflash!

We're trying to keep D-men, not sluff them...so the odds of Ruop becoming a Blade are less than nil.

-Wapitikev

lordstanley
05-11-2012, 02:29 PM
Stan! Long time no post (in the PA area at least).

Hodder may have sucked in S'toon but he put in a good year in the BCHL last year...let it go!

...and he can't possibly be worse, defensively, than Corbin...Hodder was better, for the one game he was here, this spring.

Newsflash!

We're trying to keep D-men, not sluff them...so the odds of Ruop becoming a Blade are less than nil.

-Wapitikev

Just an outside view is all Hodder couldn't cut it with the Giants and the Blades he had a tryout with PA and never stuck around i doubt you guys will have room for him with some of your up and coming talent on the backend

As for Ruopp i never said were gonna get him in fact it's doubtful but he is the type of guy i would like to see in a blade uni

that is all i see you guys really improving this year 80 points is not out of reach at all

Wapitikev
05-11-2012, 03:03 PM
Just an outside view is all Hodder couldn't cut it with the Giants and the Blades he had a tryout with PA and never stuck around i doubt you guys will have room for him with some of your up and coming talent on the backend

As for Ruopp i never said were gonna get him in fact it's doubtful but he is the type of guy i would like to see in a blade uni

that is all i see you guys really improving this year 80 points is not out of reach at all

I can find you a good "begging on your knees" smiley for the Ruop trade.

Heh.

Sometimes it takes a few years/teams for players to get their act together. Can we say Fiddler? Anyone?

-Wapitikev

Sttop
05-11-2012, 04:23 PM
Fiddler fell back to earth in the last couple weeks of the season

chalk_one_up
05-11-2012, 09:13 PM
PA has talent coming up on the backend?

Also, it's Ruopp, not Ruop for those who don't know.

Wapitikev
05-12-2012, 01:05 AM
Fiddler fell back to earth in the last couple weeks of the season

True, his points since the trade, while better than before it, were still worse than last year, per game...as I myself posted a few Weeks ago.

Perhaps Bettauer is a better example of a late bloomer.

-Wapitikev

Wapitikev
05-12-2012, 01:20 AM

Apologies to mister Ruopp for butchering his name.

Talent on D is a relative term...we simply need 3 D-men less likely to take stupid penalties than the three 19 year-olds (last year) listed previously in this thread.

So, on behalf of Waseylenko, Hodder and the other D-men on the Raiders list, that have yet to play more than a few games for the club, may I congratulate you on the accuracy of your crystal ball...and may those players put the lie to your claim, this fall.

-Wapitikev

lordstanley
05-12-2012, 08:02 AM

Don't be a tool you know what he meant you grammar nazi :confused:

Trav
05-12-2012, 09:12 AM
Don't be a tool you know what he meant you grammar nazi :confused:

Dude seriosly, your going to call someone a Nazi? That's pretty low. He was just correcting the guy for spelling the name wrong, big deal lol.

Wapitikev
05-12-2012, 09:25 AM
Dude seriosly, your going to call someone a Nazi? That's pretty low. He was just correcting the guy for spelling the name wrong, big deal lol.

I should spell Ruopp's name right...he deserves that.

But, that doesn't mean that Chalk isn't a tool.

Heh.

"No soup for you! Next!" - the Soup Nazi

-Wapitikev

lordstanley
05-12-2012, 01:51 PM
I should spell Ruopp's name right...he deserves that.

But, that doesn't mean that Chalk isn't a tool.

Heh.

"No soup for you! Next!" - the Soup Nazi

-Wapitikev

Grammar nazi soup nazi same thing it is far from racist mr sensitive trav